Based on Click to view
Artist Asa Willow [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Plumed Nyst #22

Postby Asa Willow » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 am

Contest Ended! Congratulations, Tori!(:

This Nyst is just a regular old Nyst, but he is up for adoption and excited to finally get a home.

Owner: Tori!(:
Name: Suko
Subspecies: Common
Breedable: Yes

Contest Ends 12-30-12 Ended!

Lovenature100 wrote:
What are Plumed Nysts?

General:
Plumed Nysts, also known as Mountain Peacocks, are agile lamb-sized creatures which live at high elevations. Their name comes from the large "plume" of feathers, bigger on the male than the female. They use these feathers for attracting mates, scaring off predators, and intimidating rivals. Plumed Nysts live for a very long time, fourty-sixty years depending on where they live. Nysts, instead of fur, have feathers, even though they are mammals. They have two layers of feathers, extremly fine, fur-like down that keeps them warm, and larger, bird-like feathers to keep out wetness and such. Nysts eat berries and such when they need to, but usually rely on rodents and birds to keep them fed. Occasionally they can be seen taking down a larger animal, such as mountain goat, hunting in small packs of five to ten Nysts. Plumed Nysts usually live within only their close relatives, the parents, grandparents, single aunts and uncles, and siblings. Sometimes though, when food gets scarce, families join up to make larger packs.

Coloration:
Plumed Nysts usually have a at least some natural pelt with any colored markings, they never have a bright/neon unnatural colored base if they are from the wild, and uncommonly have an bright/unnatural base. (unless they are domestic) Solid colors are also rare. Both gender's plumes have dazzling patterns and colors, there are almost no limits to their plumes. Their colors usually go together well and never clash. There are many variations of plumed nysts, some rarer than others. The rarest ones are the ones come from the himilayas, those are special because they sometimes have glowing feathers, adapted to locate each other in the fierce and sudden snowstorms.
Some other varieties include African Nysts, which are always spotted or striped very boldly.

Behavior:
Plumed Nysts can be very active, playful pets and need a lot of care. They require lots of attention and if their owner takes good care of them, a Plumed Nyst can grow very attached to the owner. When you first bring them home, Plumed Nysts will want to explore and test out everything, so be prepared to keep an eye on them.

Subspecies:
Subspecies are types of plumed nysts. There are common ones (from north america), and then there are exotic ones, like those from the himilayas.

The currently known subspecies are:
○Common (North America)- common
Tend to look just like regular old nysts :3
○Himilayan (Asia)- Rare
Some look like common nysts, but some have glowing markings, usually the dominant markings, in only one shade. They also have thicker, softer fur.
○African (Africa)- Rare
Tend to almost always have bold natural colored patterns, like stripes and spots. Also have coarser fur.
○South American (South America)- Uncommon
Usually have a more busy coat, with multiple patters. Thinner fur than normal.
○Australian (Australia)- Rare
Almost always paler than most, with less busy coat. Also, thin soft fur.

This nyst is from North America- South Carolina to be exact.
Want this Nyst? Well, all you have to do is fill out a form, and the best form (by December 30th) wins! You may add anything you want to the form, but please Make sure to fill it out completely by the deadline! Please put effort into the form, the more effort I see, the more I will want to chose you as the winner. I pay attention to the art and writing too!
Well, good luck and may the best form win!
-LoNa

P.S. Do NOT change the gender or subspecies, thank you!

Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Nyst's Name:[/b]
[b]Nyst's Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Nyst's Subspecies:[/b] Common
[b]Want it to be breedable?[/b]
[b]Why you want to adopt him/her:[/b]
[b]What will you do with him/her:[/b]
[b]Interesting Habits/Talents of Nyst:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]
[b]Art of Nyst(Optional, but boosts big-time; does not have to be drawing, can be stories/peoms!:[/b]
Last edited by Asa Willow on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

I was formerly Lovenature100

Characters DA Youtube
•Point/USD commissions are open on my DA!
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
:)
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Plumed Nyst #22

Postby Skookum » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Username: .::BANGARANG::.
Nyst's Name: Chichari
Nyst's Gender: Male
Nyst's Subspecies: Common
Want it to be breedable? Yes please.
Why you want to adopt him: As soon as I had gotten to this thread I saw this one and I knew I had to have it, the colors are simply beautiful and I can see his personality already.
What will you do with him: I'm going to make him one of my main characters, I will include him in art, stories and poems.
Interesting Habits/Talents of Nyst: Chichari likes to climb to the very tip top of the trees where the branches are thinnest, he always does this with caution and care so he does not fall down to the forest floor. He likes to climb trees so he can see the whole world spread out before him, he feels like he has a place in this world when he is high in the sky.
Other: Chichari is a bit shy but he likes to be around his friends.
Art of Nyst(Optional, but boosts big-time; does not have to be drawing, can be stories/peoms!: WIP

Art by Friskusis

You want truth, I can't tell you what is real
On that shining box you call a life
I refuse, I resist to live this way
Solve or be solved. Walk the walk

-i See Stars
Skookum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jean. » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Username: Tori!(:
Nyst's Name: Suko
Want it to be breedable? Yes
Why you want to adopt him/her: Because I love his green and brown colors :3 Green is my favorite color and brown is the color my hair was as a little girl (:
What will you do with him/her: Keep them in my characters thread and on my site while getting some art for him :3
Interesting Habits/Talents of Nyst: He loves to skip when very happy. He loves to also go swimming alot (:
Other: Thank you (:
Art of Nyst: Story AND a poem

Story: He was born to an amazing family that truly loved him and wanted to protect him. He was always the sweetest guy and everyone loved to spend time with him. He had a very stubborn way of doing things and everyone liked that he didn't listen to anyone when they told him something right away. He grew into a very beautiful boy that everyone respected and cared for. There was only this one girl that he wanted and he always tried to spend time with her and make her smile. Everyone looked at them and believed he loved her, they could have been right. Because in his eyes, she was the most beautiful thing to ever walk this earth and enter his life.

Poem:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
You shine like a star,
Now this is true.
I love you like a flower,
Will always love the earth.
I want you to be here,
Forever what's it worth.
I miss you like my life,
Bad been extinguished from this earth.
Please come love me,
So I can show you what your worth.
Jean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jean. » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:17 pm

should this have ended?
Jean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Tori!(: wrote:should this have ended?

It ends the 30th, and it's the 27th now, well, says my computer. ^^

Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

Characters DA Youtube
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinny trancy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Username: Deadman's Charade
Nyst's Name: Rhett
Want it to be breedable? Sure!
Why you want to adopt him/her: I've had a love for animals with leaf like manes, and Rhett is perfect. c:
What will you do with him/her: Use him in comics, OCT's, just about everything I do. c:
Interesting Habits/Talents of Nyst:
Other:
Art of Nyst(Optional, but boosts big-time; does not have to be drawing, can be stories/peoms!:

WIP
So excited! Getting my first Kiamara in a month because of train. and .Blue.'s breeding!!! <333
albinny trancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jean. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:05 am

I missed seeing the end date :O Haha XD But oh well :3
Jean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:51 am

All right, judging now. Results should appear in a little bit on the first post~

Hello there!

Characters DA Youtube

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me