Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Erementaru Maü- 'Element Cat' Adopts- Grand Opening! by knight of time

Based on Click to view
Artist knight of time [gallery]
Time spent 25 seconds
Drawing sessions 2

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Erementaru Maü- 'Element Cat' Adopts- Grand Opening!

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Welcome to the world of Maü.

-Don't steal
-Don't whine
-Egg grabs are for non owners only.
-You may only have 2 cats of each element
-Don't spam the adopts post. [this post]
-You may only try for one cat at a time
-you may not ask to be an artist or a moderator. I will have forms up if and when I need them.
-Don't cheat at the carnival games. [you may not be able to cheat on them at all due to how the game is set up]
-Don't be rude to the artists or mods. We are nice people, just be nice to us c:

An Erementaru Maü, or Element Cat, is a catlike creature whose origins are in Asia and Egypt. When the dragons moved west, the smaller ones bred with cats and produced a very surprising outcome. The offspring could control the elements, and they had wings that corresponded with the element they controlled. The wings would only appear if the Mau was fighting, trying to attract a mate, or if it was startled or scared. They seem to just appear out of thin air. Oftentimes there are mutations, one of them being 'long snout syndrome'. The Mau is born with a longer, more dragonlike snout. This is quite rare. They can also be born stunted, and stay small and babylike forever. This means they never grow their wings, though they still control their elemental power. In very rare cases, a Mau can be born without an elemental power at all. These Mau are called 'runts' and are usually cast out of Prides.

Irris [me]-owner, artist, mod
♫ʙʟɪᴢᴢᴀʀᴅ-♫- artist
○WᴀᴛᴇʀDʀᴏᴘs○- artist
mrose123- artist
Smoke-The-Wolf- mod

UC-No posting
yo im knight but you can call me aaron or ryn or whatever its np
im gay and i like steven universe and i have like 5 jbds who ill probs be posting lil pixels of soon
im kinda coming back from like a year+ of inactivity so bear with me
here have a mettaton for your troubles
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Erementaru Maü- 'Element Cat' Adopts- Grand Opening!

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Earth Mau are usually not very creative. They are usually in shades of grey or brown. They are very strong and stubborn, and aren't very good at being nice to others. They can be very stoic and are good leaders if guided correctly. They are proud of themselves and even can be vain. They love the earth and live in the Great Plains, where they can dig good burrows and hunt moles and rats. They are usually about the size of a large dog when full grown.

Water Mau are intuitive thinkers. They have a limit to their imagination and are very logical. They are good friends to all aquatice animals and can hold their breath underwater for a very long time. They aren't very good leaders because they give way to pressure quite easily. They are very motherly and caring and have a gifted ability of healing. They can change the temperature of the water they control. Water Mau are herbivores and feed off of seaweed and moss they can find at the bottom of the sea. They are usually blue or green, which helps them blend in their aquatic world. Their pride resides in a large underwater cave in the middle of the ocean. They are fairly small, about the size of a regular cat.

Fire Mau are mean and merciless. They are carnivores. They usually have a mean, power-hunger mindset and can't seem to get a grip on reality. They are very clever, however, and extremely intelligent. They are difficult to take care of as they will snap at you and burn you, if provoked. They tend to be very vocal, and their yowling can be heard from many yards away. They reside in a dormant volcano and hunt volcano rabbits that wander their way onto the plains. Food is often scarce for them, and they will often thieve from the other prides to eat. They are about the size of a horse when full grown. Though they control fire, they can still be burned by it. Their powers tend to get out of control very often. They tend to be flame-colored, in the reds and oranges and blacks. Very rarely, they are blue.

Ether, or life Mau are very small, and very much in likeness to fairies. A small toad is a big kill for them. They are very smart and creative, as they paint the patterns onto butterfly wings and flowers in the world of Mau. They are hard to capture, being so small. They are pushovers, and will cater to your every whim if you tell them to. They will do all that is in their power to protect their plants and bugs from harm. They reside in the various meadows and forests across the world of Mau. The only places you will not find them are the realm of the water and fire Mau. They are about the size of a large rat. Fire Mau often capture them for fun, just to watch the poor fragile things suffer. They are often natural colors or the colors of flowers or bugs.

The Animal Mau work with the Ether Mau to keep life in their land running like clockwork. They are gifted healers, and are the doctors of the Mau world. They will take in a sick or injured Mau, and do not carry grudges very easily. They are smart with healing herbs and they can easily obtain them from the Ether. Animal Mau are a rarer species and can only come from when a Water Mau and an Ether Mau have an egg. They reside in all corners of Mau, but they usually live in the forest, where they are close to their fairylike friends.

The Air Mau are the rarest of all the elemental Mau. They are extremely intelligent and are the writers of the ancient books of lore. These Mau are the ones that go around spreading news or mediating battles. Though despite them sounding godly, the Air Mau are very happy, carefree, and silly. They love to play and are almost the clowns of the Mau world. They reside on a mountaintop above the Great Plains, where they are as close to the sky as possible. They are the only Mau that can truly fly instead of just glide, and it is their favorite pastime. The Air Mau come in all the colors of the rainbow and control bad weather in Mau.

Midget Mau are uncommon Mau that live in the houses of the town square, if they haven't been accepted into a clan. They can boast any type of personality, as they never reach their full elemental power. It is very hard for the females to attract their mates, because they do not have wings to show off. These Mau come in all colors of the Rainbow, and they are usually small and baby-sized.

A Natural Mau is very rare. This means that they do not have an elemental power at all. They may have some attraction towards an element, but they never receive their power. They are often cast out and live as commonfolk in the town square. They can be any size, but it often depends on the parents.
im gay and i like steven universe and i have like 5 jbds who ill probs be posting lil pixels of soon
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Erementaru Maü- 'Element Cat' Adopts- Grand Opening!

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Mau can live two ways. The first is as a commonfolk in the village, or the second as a pride member in one of the six in the world of Mau.

Commonfolk life is similar to the life of you. They live in a house in the square and work their pay to put food on the table. They can and will often leave Mau to visit their masters. They can have various jobs, such as the blacksmith or the farmer.

The pride members are more wild. They live off of the land and are accustomed to survival and hard times. If the Mau has a master, it may leave often to visit it, but its real home is where its pride lays.

Usually the capturer of the Mau [artist] decides what way of life the Mau has, but sometimes they may give you the choice.

Female Mau are usually the ones to find the mate in pride life. Commonfolk may do differently, though. The female will show off her elemental power to the male of her choice to find a mate. Mau don't mate for life, but once they breed with another Mau the bond between the two is unbreakable. If one Mau dies the other will watch its grave until its death.

- Mau grow feathers on their tails! For every year they age, they grow a feather. This continues until they turn ten, when they have five on each side. Mau are immortal, and they age after their feathering with knowledge. The more they know, the older they will seem to be.
- Mau babies are called 'featherlings', and they are born without any elemental power and they are born white, very similar to a dalmatian. As they grow their fur color comes in. Their fur colors are fully developed by age five. In rare cases, an 'albino' may be born, and these Mau don't have any markings at all.
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Central Square

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:02 pm

-
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Carnival

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:02 pm

-
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bank

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:13 pm

-
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Note To Artists

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:25 pm

- Please only put one Mau up for adoption at a time.

- You may use only five colors when creating a Mau.

- try not to use number contests for every single Mau.

- try to keep the rare Mau 'rare' instead of making Maus by demand

- You may make one Mau custom for yourself.

- You may not participate in egg drops, even if you don't have a Mau.

- You must ask me before creating a natural Mau.

Last edited by knight of time on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Contests

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:26 pm

-
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Applications

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Artist Applications are OPEN

We have one slot open for artists.
fill out this form if you'd like to apply.
Code: Select all
Artist Application
Username:
Why do you like EM's?:
Link to your gallery:
Why do you want to be an artist?:

Mod applications are OPEN

We have two slots open for mods. Smoke can;t hold up the fort on her own c:
just fill out this form to apply. I will choose two out of the people that apply.
Code: Select all
Mod Application
Username:
Why do you like Em's?:
How often are you on CS?:
Tell me what you would do if someone was constantly bumping the thread:
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Strikes and Bans

Postby knight of time » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:40 pm

No one has recieved a strike or has been banned/suspended from the Mau adopts yet. Hopefully that doesn't change anytime soon.
knight of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me