Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Masked Zephyx Artist and Moderator Competition [ENDED] by harlical

Based on Click to view
Artist harlical [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
49 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Masked Zephyx Artist and Moderator Competition [ENDED]

Postby harlical » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 am

What is a Masked Zephyx?

A Masked Zephyx, or a Zephyx for short, is a legendary type of creature renowned for its nobility and courage. They are great fighters, and were portrayed as the riding animals of the gods in old myths that are no longer spoken of today.
Masked Zephyx are notoriously arrogant beasts, despite their nobility. They are always linked to a certain god or goddess and share the gender of that god or goddess. They can speak telepathically to this god or goddess, but not out loud. They can also speak telepathically to mortal creatures and other Zephyx, but they cannot speak to any other gods or goddesses.
These beasts are NOT greek; they are not even part of this world. They are native to the myths of the Seirrien [sear-ree-en] Republic. They are the spirit animals of the gods of the Republic and are worshipped just as much as the gods.
Zephyx vary in height; they decide what size they decide to take on. Most decide on one general size, which is usually about the size of a horse in the mortal world, and much bigger in the god's land since gods are about ten times the size of a mortal.
They wear masks because they have no faces; These masked are extremely intricate and exceptionally beautiful, and are the most noticeable part of every Zephyx. Inside the masks is the Zephyx's soul, and it shines brightly. The rays of light can be seen coming from the eye sockets on the mask.

ORIGINAL THREAD

I need a few artists and Mods for my new species, Masked Zephyx. This means 2-3 permanent artists will be selected, and 4-5 guest artists. Permanent artists are expected to make numerous designs and participate in Masked Zephyx events and discussions. If necessary, I will give payment to permanent artists, if requested. Guest artists will be able to make one design, and are free to come and go as they please. Make sure that you specify whether you'd like to be a guest artist or official artist on your post.
If you want to be a Mod, fill out the form and post it on this thread. I will be accepting 1-2 Moderators. You must post regularly, be involved in all events, and enforce my rules. If you stop posting, your title will be revoked and replaced with a General Helper's title, and I will find a new mod to replace you. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL NOT BE POSTING FOR A WHILE.

RULES FOR BEING A MASKED ZEPHYX ARTIST

> You may not, under any circumstances, accept bribes. Report any bribing to me or a Masked Zephyx mod and we will deal with it. If you accept the bribe and I find out about it, your artist title will be revoked and you will be banned from Masked Zephyx Adopts.

> Ask me before you take on custom designs. These you can charge people for.

> Edit the lines as you please, as long as it is still a Masked Zephyx.

> DO NOT REMOVE OR COVER MY SIGNATURE FOR ANY REASON. If you must, just move it. It has to be visible.

> Make as many entries as you want! i'd like to see what you guys are capable of. [:

RULES FOR BEING A MOD

> You must enforce my rules, even if you do not agree with me.

> You do not have permission to ban someone. You do, however, have the authority to give them a strike.

> Respect everyone. Just because you are a mod does not mean you can tell them what to do. You are just there to let them know that they are breaking a rule or giving answers to questions. I believe in equality.

> Do not be soft on people, either. If you think they deserve a strike, then they probably do. If you think they should be banned from MZA, tell me, and I will make the final decision.

MODERATOR APPLICATION

Code: Select all
[b][u]Moderator application![/u][/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Why you want to be a mod:[/b]
[b]Why you think you'd be good as a mod:[/b]
[b]Any extra notes:[/b] [Other things you have been a mod for, et cetera.]

COMPETITION RESULTS

PLEASE PM ME FOR VERIFICATION. I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE RULES FOR WORKING FOR THE ZEPHYX SPECIES AND THEN ADD YOU TO THE ARTIST LIST/MOD LIST. This is to ensure that you are both an active member and that you read my rules. Thank you~

ARTISTS
1st: WhiteFire Raven
I really loved your entries, and especially how you used your own custom lines on your second one. Both designs were both really unique and yet you still managed to get them to look perfect. ♥

2nd: Shirá
Your tribal designs are amazing. They're so smooth! I love your edits as well. The colors you picked go together perfectly. Nice hob!

3rd: LoveTrolls100
The colors! They match so perfectly! I really love the effort you put into your designs and the edits just go so smoothly with the rest of the picture. Your designs are amazing; I'm surprised I haven't seen you on the CS Design shops thread before. Anyways, great job!

GUEST ARTISTS-
1: Wolvesftw190
I honestly had a hard time picking between yours and LoveTrolls100's.. You both submitted AMAZING designs. Yours are so smooth and the colors blend so well. I really like how you made the lines a similar color to the initial designs; it really looks professional!

2: New Nimrod97
You, too, are right up there with Wolvesftw10 and LoveTrolls100! Your designs have an unusual quality to them, which makes them look just that much cooler. Every detail fits like a puzzle piece, and it isn't lacking anything and it isn't overly-designed. Awesome!

3: Carrot.
Well, to put it simply; Awesome! Your designs all looked amazing, and the colors went so well together. I look forward to seeing the designs you make for the official Zephyx thread; I just know that they'll be as amazing as the others!

4: -IzzyBee-
The effort you put into these is ASTOUNDING. So many entries! I can tell that you'd really like to be a part of this, and really, that's what counts the most. That aside, your designs were all incredible; all were so unique! Great job!

MODS
1: -IzzyBee-
Again, the effort you put into this was amazing. Although it may not seem like it, I saw that you've been answering people's questions on this thread clearly and accurately; That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for in a mod. I really appreciate it, and I know that you'll be active in helping out with the Zephyx species!

2: Wolfie♥Louis
Your form was really pretty; I can tell you know a good amount about coding! That can be really useful when people ask about how people ask about how intricate forms are made. It's good to have someone to help out with that! Not only that, but our form tells me that your an honest, level-headed person and that's an important aspect in a mod.

General Helper: Swiftalu
While you're not an actual mod, I've seen how you work and I think that you'd be awesome. However, there's only two mod slots, so you're gonna be a general helper! Basically, you're just going to help out with questions and such, but you don't have the authority to give people strikes or anything like that.

REMEMBER, PM ME. READ ABOVE FOR MORE INFO.

PRIZES;;

ARTISTS

1st place;;

2nd place;;

3rd place;;

MODS

1st place;;

2nd place;;

Both competitions will end on November 28th.

CLOSED FOR JUDGING

ENDED.
thanks for all the wonderful entries!
Last edited by harlical on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
harlical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Masked Zephyx Artist and Moderator Competition

Postby Jazzepi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 am

Marking. <3
above art made by me!
deviantART
for commission info, please click my deviantart (seen above). however, it would be nice if you sent me a message on here as well - i have a ton of dA messages. n v n
Jazzepi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:50 am

before I begin, can you please specify if there are any limits as to what the colors of fur of the Masked Zephyxes are? Just don't want to make one that's too bright or otherwise not possible for the species. :3

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

I was formerly Lovenature100

Characters DA Youtube
•Point/USD commissions are open on my DA!
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
:)
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harlical » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks, Jazzepi! ♥

Of course! There is no specific color schemes or design themes; every one is unique. However, the body designs are generally simple, with just a few colors. The mask is more intricate, with a bunch of different colors and lots of small details.
    Feel free to add edits as well, they'll boost your chances of winning, as long as they look natural.
offering all pets for art !! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3081009
interested in commissions ?? contact me on my deviantart !
harlical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Visage The Necro'lic » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:25 am

Moderator application!

Username: Huskonoyd
Nickname: Huskonoyd (always)
Why you want to be a mod: well, i saw your thread and i want to try to help you with them, i love you Zephyx design ^^
Why you think you'd be good as a mod: hoo hoo why? i'll say why ^^ because i have much free time and i can draw, and draw normally ^^ if you want chack here my art
Any extra notes: [Other things you have been a mod for, et cetera.] i guess that i dun make much problems and i am nice with all ppl ^^
Visage The Necro'lic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 am

May I try out to be an artist?
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harlical » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am

Of course! You can try out to be an artist and a mod, although you'll only get one position. You can't be both, but there's not harm in trying for either one. ♥

And of course you may, Amxen! C:
offering all pets for art !! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3081009
interested in commissions ?? contact me on my deviantart !
harlical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 am

aereosync wrote:
    Thanks, Jazzepi! ♥

Of course! There is no specific color schemes or design themes; every one is unique. However, the body designs are generally simple, with just a few colors. The mask is more intricate, with a bunch of different colors and lots of small details.
    Feel free to add edits as well, they'll boost your chances of winning, as long as they look natural.

All right, thanks!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

I was formerly Lovenature100

Characters DA Youtube
•Point/USD commissions are open on my DA!
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
:)
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me