Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tastine Adopts by foreign-potato

Artist foreign-potato [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
65 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tastine Adopts

Postby foreign-potato » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 am

Tastine Adopts
Species by cinnamon~toastie and foreign.potato

My sister and I have decided to collaborate on a cute idea we formed together to make into a small adoption area. Cinna came up with the main species idea, it's general looks, and most attributes -- while I helped with touching up the species idea, some species attributes, and making the adoption place. We actually formed this idea way back in June-July 2012, I finally got smacked enough into making the adoption thread. x3 I hope you guys enjoy. c:

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1438811][img]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p608/tortoiseshellwarrior/tastine.png[/img][/url]

Staff-

Owners: (All roles)
  • foreign.potato
  • cinnamon~toastie

Artists:
  • None and NOT looking!

Mini-mods:
  • None yet but do NOT ask.
Rules-
  • Be respectful and do not talk "chat-speak".
  • You can own up to 5 for now.
  • Do not steal, claim, make your own, or copy any part of the species.
  • Do not ask to be part of the staff unless we state we are looking for help.
  • Do not spam our thread. Questions are okay, though.
  • Do not complain, beg, mope, or anything of the like.
  • Do not use as fursonas, only much loved characters.
  • Do not just forget your Tastine or give it away, bring it back here to be re-adopted.
  • Do not ask for a custom, you won't get one this way.
  • Do not breed them on your own, they need to be officially bred by our artists.
  • Do not try out for one that is closed or already adopted.

Short Description of Tastines-

Tastines are small mammals whose appearance can be compared to both an elephant and a tapir. They can be as small as a cat, to as big as a Malayan tapir. They have long fluffy tails, a silky mane that goes down there back, double-toed feet, and cute little trunks. Males have little double tusks, longer trunks, and a mane that goes all the way up to their foreheads. They are all natural-colored creatures, extremely rarely will there be one with unnatural colors but if it does happen it will most likely only be on small markings. They always have at least one stripe on their necks and each Tastine has it's own unique marking on it's feet. They are herbivores and a common favorite are juicy, green ferns. They live in herds similar to elephants and there are both a male and female leader. The two leaders of the herd are found with horns; female's pointing forward, male's pointing backwards. They generally live in wooded areas, some herds were even found in rainforests in Brazil. They like living in places where water is easily found and the normal temperature isn't too cold.

Warning System-

Warnings:
    You get three warnings, each put here with your name, link, and a forward slash mark. ( / ) When you have one, it's just a warning. Two, you will be watched a little more and might be restricted from adopting for a period of time. If you get a third one, you will get a restriction on adopting for a while/non-permanent banning.
    • None :]

Banned:
    If you get a fourth warning you get put down here. You are not allowed to post or adopt any of the adopts available from here.
    • None :]

Adoption-

How to Adopt:
    Depending on the artist many possible things may be done. Primarily, this will be a bidding adoption place. The highest bid of CS pets, items, or C$ with win the Tastine. Along with that, the artist may tell you that if you fill out a form with your bid your chances may increase. If it's not an auction then a normal "fill out a form" adoption may take place. If this happens, the best form alone will win. The artist will pick their favorite form out of the bunch depending on who the artist feels will take the best care of it.

Gift Lines-
Last edited by foreign-potato on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:22 am, edited 11 times in total.
foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tastines Adopts - Information

Postby ToastingCinnamon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 am

Tastine Information
Species by cinnamon~toastie and foreign.potato
Pronounced t-ah-st-I-n

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Looks:

Body and Coat
    They all have short, bristly fur all over their body - similar to a horse. Their tails have increasingly longer fur near the tip and they have long shaggy manes down their backs. Their bodies are boxy and stocky, mixed with both a tapir and an elephant. They are well muscled with a little chub, making them pudgy little creatures. They can be as small as a cat, to as big as a Malayan tapir. Their feet are a mixture of both tapir and elephant feet - resulting in a flat, two toed foot. Their trunks are also mixed with elephant and tapir. Their ears are alike to horses, rotatable and elongated-oval shaped.

Their coats are always naturally color. Browns, reds, creams, grays, blacks, etc. The only time uncommon colors are able to happen are on the toes designs and eye color. They always have at least one neck stripe and each Tastine has their own unique foot marking (which are symmetrical on each foot). The designs and markings can all vary, usually not any human symbols (as in stars, hearts, etc).

The leaders of the herds have horns to show that they are the boss. The leaders are genetically chosen somehow and that is why they grow horns. Their children often have horns, sometimes not, though it's more common that they will inherit them. If a baby within the herd is born with horns that is not of the leaders offspring, sometimes it will be abandoned or kept, depending on the current leader's decision. If it is kept, it means the current leader has accepted that it's own children will have competition for ruling when a new leader is needed. When the child is abandoned it's parents may leave the tribe with it, the baby will find a new herd on it's own, or it will die.

Differences Between Male and Female
    Males have longer trunks than the females, along with little double-pointed tusks. The males manes also reach farther up on their foreheads and are a little thicker. The build of a male Tastine is generally a little bulkier and stronger. The females basically have the opposite of the males. Girls have a shorter trunk, their manes only reach the base of the top of their heads, their build is smaller, and they don not have tusks.

If they are leaders the male with have horns facing backwards that are larger than the female's. The female's horns are facing foward and slightly smaller.

WIP

Babies
    -smaller than the adults
    - has little to no mane

-THE LEADER'S BABIES have small horns that barely show.

Mutations
    - unatural colors
    -no tusks (male)
    -smaller mane than what is normal
    -longer or shorter trunk than what is normal
    -no toe design
    -no stripe on neck
[/list]
Last edited by ToastingCinnamon on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 11 times in total.
ToastingCinnamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tastines Adopts

Postby comfyorange » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 am

AFAFDNJAFNL ;U;

These are so flippin' cute I think I almost died just there.

Want. Want. Want. You have gained a stalker c:
Livestream (OFFLINE)

You be jelly because I am a member of the brotherhood of the sisterhood>.<

Linearts [PM me] Art Shop Trades [Open] Characters
comfyorange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lime » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:26 pm

These are just too adorable. c:

..NEWS wrote:<------ check out my gift lines!
I am open to point commissions at this time, pm me if interested! n vn

Lime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inquisition » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Adorable! If you have any artist positions open, I would love to try out
Inquisition

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToastingCinnamon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:54 pm

sorry no ;n; no artist it probably will be just me and tades unless we get bored but THEN we might just allow good friends only ;n; im sorry!

-----------------------------------------------------------
--------Image--------
DeviantArt; Finchlings; Characters;

♀ | ♑ | Straight | Nontheist | Pro-choice | Human rights | LGBT+ Supporter

Slowly quitting, will be taking longer to reply to pms.
You can now find me on dA

ToastingCinnamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inquisition » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:56 pm

It's fine (; I've gone through many situations like this, and I'm about used to it by now.
Inquisition

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToastingCinnamon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:00 pm

xD okay <3 well hopefully you can get one C:

--------Image--------
DeviantArt; Finchlings; Characters;

♀ | ♑ | Straight | Nontheist | Pro-choice | Human rights | LGBT+ Supporter

Slowly quitting, will be taking longer to reply to pms.
You can now find me on dA

ToastingCinnamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CLUMSY » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:11 am