67 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rune Drakes

Postby Benathorn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Absinthe

Owner: Shiko Hayashi
Type: Skull Rune Drake

"Rune Drakes"

The "Growing Egg's" shall be dubbed "Rune Drakes" instead, since their appearance and size is much larger and sleeker than our regular runes. It just did not seem befitting of them to be placed on the same bar, and Eeldemore is filled with many dragons of many species.

The Rune Drake is so special because they do not bond like the regular runes you see. Drakes are always the size of horses or larger, and are mainly used as fast transportation and military use. They boast strength more than anything, and a hidden speed in their sleek forms while all Drakes have shining deep eyes without pupils. A Rune Drake is usually a wild species and the only way a human can bond with one is by hand raising it from when it is an egg. No Wild Drake would ever submit to a human bonding, but they are very intelligent dragons who do not need to be bonded in order to speak to a human. They have learned the speech of man, but rarely speak to one since they deem human's their mortal enemies.

Rune Drakes are more rare nowadays in our lands. With the constant expansion of the humans who raid their nests to use their eggs in their military or to sell on the black market, the Drakes do not look kindly to this egg snatching, and any wild Rune Drake would attack a human on sight. However, the bond made with a drake as it hatches is much more stronger than with a normal rune. They entwine their souls with their bearer, making a bond that can both allow the human to live as long as the drake while also killing both if either one were mortally wounded. The constant tension between humans and Rune Drakes are ever present, but those few bearers who are able to claim an egg and raise the drake as their own receive a very special gift. Drakes can live to be up to two hundred years old and can grow quite large in size. They are valued in battle and are even defiant towards the Ancient's of legend, since even their size compares to the large dragons. However, they are not as powerful as the Ancients and are simply at odds with the world it seems.

There is still more that needs to be found out about these creatures, but they are very mythical and mysterious indeed to those who come upon their eggs.
Last edited by Benathorn on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:01 am, edited 14 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mystery Rune Egg

Postby Inuyasha Fan! » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:24 pm

So awesome
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1789690 viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1790182&p=55447616#p55447616

Me and Chickenfan are sisters, please don't ban us! Kid is our brother
Inuyasha Fan!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skeseth » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:30 pm

... Randomly saw this. o.o It looks dark and sinister.

I like.

My curiosity wants to know more, so I shall stalk silently.

Come adopt your own and more at Eldemore!

Skeseth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sculi the Ax » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Owner Name:
SCULIAX
Name:
Chuki
Meaning: hatred in Swahili.

Other:
WIP
I apologize If I am unable to do this.... school started recently, and swim/dive did too..... If this is not completed at the time of the judging (which it, unfortunately, most likely won't be), then I have dropped out...
Last edited by Sculi the Ax on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kickthe Gher gave me a pig! oDo
❒ Taken
❒ Single
✔ Waiting for a madman in a box...
An apple a day keeps the doctor away,
but The Doctor is cute, so screw the fruit

Teehee, Dan was here x3

I used to be SCULIAX and Skuliax ~ No stealing
Dat sexeh ladeh Dan Howell made my avatar. Give her some fluffles for it, yeah? c;

~ My characters ~
ImageImageImage
WIP :3
Sculi the Ax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashenjay » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Wow, what an interesting project Bena! <3
I'm glad to see that this idea is working! > u <
Very interesting....I shall be watching with interest BD~

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wajas » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Owner Name:
wajas
Name:
Jack Hallows
Other:

Pacing around a dark, damp cemetery, I found myself getting hit with small droplets of water. The rain poured down lightly, despite the clear sky and warm autumn breeze. I kicked a pebble lightly, as I walled around the graves, inspecting each name and date. There were so many. I shifted my light hoodie, pulling the hood over my head, in an attempt to keep out the October rain.

I stumbled down the dark, dimly lit aisle of tombstones, seeing the harvest moon guide me. Two bare oaks stood at the end of the aisle, looming over me with a sense of ancient mysteries. I gulped, and looked over it, investigating its old, earthy bark. A shiny stone caught my eye, standing out against the dark bark. I kneeled down, and caressed the small egg like a hatchling, carefully and caustiously.

I looked at the halloween-colored egg, and smiled, rubbing my forefinger on the skull design. It was marvelous, the coloring bringing out a trickster side, as well as mystery. A shiver ran down my spine, as the warm wind blew through my hair. I put the egg in my jacket, and felt a small thup sound. I smiled, looking down, "Well, we will be home soon, don't worry."
Last edited by wajas on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
wajas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inuyasha Fan! » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Owner Name:
FrostTheWolf
Name:
Raven
Other:Nope
I was In a very dark forest, the egg was just right at my feet. I couldn't see it cause it was so dark. I took the egg home, the egg was a newborn, it wasn't cracked yet, I look online to see if i could find what type of egg this was. It didn't say. "I'll call you Raven." I set him in a small cozy bed on my dresser. I smiled.
Last edited by Inuyasha Fan! on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1789690 viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1790182&p=55447616#p55447616

Me and Chickenfan are sisters, please don't ban us! Kid is our brother
Inuyasha Fan!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drakongeist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:04 pm

WIP
Owner Name:
WhiteFire Raven
Name: Erebos
Art:
Little Sister

It was sometime around midnight I think, I didnt own a watch so I was never sure. I had to take my runes out at night because they were both nocturnal, my little Chaos and Unknown. No, that is her name. I called her Unknown. And before you ask, yes, it causes heaps of confusion, but I think she likes it that way, whenever someone starts asking she seems to smile and giggle. I was walking the two through the forrest, it is so easy to get lost in there, and we just about always do, but the fox flame runes always lead us home to Benathorn's camp.

It was a full moon that night, the fog lay thick in the woods so I could barely see a few metres in front of me, but I was guided by the dim glow of Chaos' eyes.We wandered as we always did, little Unknown following her dad as he glided and leapt through the leaves.They did vanish and re-appear all over the place, but even when I couldnt see them they never left me, they were always close by.

Something wasnt right though. Chaos seemed distracted, he looked as though he were searching for something, and he wasnt playing with his daughter as he usualy did, he just left her to follow him. I had never seen him act so strangely, at first I tried to believe it was my mind playing tricks on me, or maybe the fog was getting to him. But he didnt change, and I was starting to worry.

"Okay, I think we've had enough for tonight. Come on you two, we're going home now." Usually they would be by my side at the second I said that, and would call the foxflames to lead us home, but Chaos didnt move, he just looked at me and stared, while unkown looked at him and at me worriedly, unsure if she was to listen to me or her dad. "Come on, it'll be dawn soon." They just sat there for a moment, and I figured if I turned around and started walking they would follow me, but to my surprise Chaos dove down from his branch and hovered in front of me for a second, grabbed my sleeve between his talons and tugged.

"Ow! Chaos! What-"
'Follow!'
He whispered to me in my mind. Before I could finish he was flying away deeper into the forrest and Unkown was following him. I had to run to keep up with the two, I guess I had no choice but to follow them."Chaos what's wrong?" I had asked by the time I had managed to catch up and run by his side as he flew, but he just looked straight ahead, his nose twitching and ears flicking every now and then. I dont know why I asked, he never answered me. Even though we were bonded, he rarely ever spoke to me telepathicly. He liked being mysterious that way, only ever telling me something straight up if he really needed to. Otherwise he loved being vague.

I ran after him for a few minutes before my foot got caught on a tree root, I tripped, rolled down a slope, and landed face down in the dirt. "Ow..." Brushing the dirt of my arms, I looked up to see Chaos land beside me, Unknown next to him, and In front of me, a luminescent, purple egg.A few glowing beads sat around it, and printed right in the middle was an orange, skull-like symbol. As I picked it up in my jacket I my thoughts began to race, Unknown sat on my shoulder and stared at it with me for a few seconds. "Chaos, this is a..."
'A rune egg. Not mine though. Not anyone's anymore.'
An abandoned rune egg. I thought.
"No. Its not no one's. It's ours. She'll be part of our family."
I could feel movement within the egg, and it was like I could almost hear her, like she was talking to me. She. I dont know how I knew that, I just did. 'You know her name to.' I'd almost forgotten that Chaos can hear my thoughts aswell.
I wrapped her up in my jacket and held her close in my arms, Unknown climbed under the black fabric with her and fell asleep, she was already fond of her new sister.
"Erebos." I said not taking my eyes of the egg. "Her name is Erebos."
Last edited by Drakongeist on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

╔════════════════════╗

Catch me logging in twice a year at 3am on the solstice like this website's local cryptid.

╚════════════════════╝

Tumblr
DeviantArt
Flight Rising
Discord; RevenantEcho#9698

╔════════════════════╗

Commissions are open, see dA for details!
Looking for Malk Dragons, particularly Red & PPS. Willing to do art, PM me!

I've been getting a lot of messages lately, If I don't respond to something you've sent me I may have just forgotten to, sorry! Don't be afraid to send me a reminder after a few days, It's no bother!

╚════════════════════╝
Drakongeist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temperance. » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Okay XD Couldn't sleep last night due to plot ideas running through my head XD
And admittedly while I do feel a little guilty trying out for another rune so soon after winning Zade....well, this might be a very rare opportunity and I can't restrain myself from writing XDDD
Good luck to everyone!!!

~~~~

Owner Name:
Ashwyn

Name:
Calla
{A name of Greek origin, means 'beautiful'}

Why I Chose this Name:
It's really quite simple honestly, I knew I wanted a name rooted either in the Greek or Gaelic language. I've always been partial to names founded in these languages, and while I was browsing through a variety of names trying to decide, I stumbled upon the name Calla. I loved the name instantly but still wasn't 100% set on using it, but after scrolling through a few more pages I just had to go back and look into the name further, it had just stuck to me somehow. Of course, I also happen to think that the name Calla adds a delicate and harmonious balance to the names of my two other runes and their bearer; Kat, Falanon, Zade, and Calla. I dunno, the name and her herself just seemed to fit in perfectly with my gang, so I knew I had to try <3

I figured it was about time I try and even out the genders in my little rag-tag group <3

Other:
{This tale is told from Katarina's point of view, entire story is subject to tweaking and changing, on the off-chance that I get a different/better idea.}

The Unwitting Seeker
I walked quietly and contemplatively through the dense pine forest, around me the tangy smell of resin and fallen pine needles created an almost intoxicating aroma. A slow smile spread across my lips and I lifted my small hand to run it along a low-lying branch. Soft green needles tickled the delicate inside of my hand, and a fresh waft of scent was emitted. It really was the little things in life that gave you the most pleasure, one wouldn't normally think that a solitary walk of this nature would arose any particular strong feelings, but I felt the most peaceful I ever had as I walked. The news I had for Falanon was....well, life changing, and I'll admit that I had no small amount of fear wreathing around in my mind regarding it. How was I going to manage with just a clueless Ancient and a feral Varren rune?

I was still mulling over this when I banged my head into a branch, hissing painfully I threw a hand up to my forehead and looked down towards the offending piece of foliage. That was when I saw it, a shallow scraping in the ground, covered up with drying pine needles and other grass-like plants. Puzzled I reached down and brushed some of the debris away, and gave a quiet gasp. There, lying in that shallow hole, was a glowing purple egg with what appeared to be an orange skull on it. In an almost trance-like state I bent over and picked up the egg, it was warm in my hand and I would have sworn that it seemed to pulsate as I held it. The reality of what I was holding hit me suddenly, and a trail of warm but silent tears trailed down my face as I touched a hand to my abdomen, this was just what I had been looking for, a companion to help me in the following months.

When I reached the place where Falanon and Zade were I knew that I was in trouble, Falanon looked absolutely furious and anxious, while Zade shot me a disapproving glare for causing the huge ancient such worry. I couldn't bring myself to feel guilty though, and when I looked up at Falan through my still swimming eyes and with a huge smile he faltered. "What are you looking so happy about?" There was wariness in his voice, and I couldn't help but let out a soft sniffle when I next spoke, "Falanon, I found a rune dragon egg, she's female, I can just FEEL it, and I have named her Calla." He shot me an odd look, and in my mind I heard him ask; And that's worth crying over? I shook my head slowly and shot him another tremulous smile, "No Falan, you see....I....I....I'm pregnant, and now she will be able to help me through it." And even as the egg seemed to pulsate giddily Falan's eyes rolled back into his head and he collapsed into a dead faint.
Last edited by Temperance. on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysty Fox » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Withdrawing.
Owner Name:
Mysty Fox
Name:
WIP
Other:
(Write a small story of how you found this egg.)
Last edited by Mysty Fox on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mysty's Spot
Listening To: Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Autumn
Working On: Surviving the cold...
Mood: Cold…
Art Commissions: Closed.
Art Designs/Competitions: Open
dA: TaushaShea
Quote Of The Day: "For there is no such thing as justice,
all the best that we can hope for is revenge"
Character Thread: Runes/Characters
Checking Out: Eldemore

Mysty Fox