34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Steam Gear Rune

Postby Benathorn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:55 am

Gadzooks

Owner: Benathorn
Breedable: Yes
Type: Steam Gear Rune

"Ƭнɛ Ƨтσяʏ σғ тнɛ Яʋиɛ Ɩи тнɛ Ѧαƨκ"

"Another Rune has come into my possession and it seems this one was badly injured as well. It is obvious that this rune was once bonded with a human but what happened to them and where they have gone is better left unsaid. My sister bounded with the last rune I fixed up and has dubbed the spirited fellow Leonardo. It seems I will have to try and fix this poor fellow up as well since he is badly injured due to some unknown fight. However, he was not as badly injured as the last one and only appears to be missing a wing and half it's tail. Easy enough to fix except that I also had to create the rune a pair of lungs! Both lungs were punctured during it's unknown fight and how it survived this long I do not know. Using what little magic I know, I fused some intricate metal parts to help form a functioning wing and tail. The lungs were a different matter. I had to create a functioning transportation system for air while also trying to figure out how to make sure it filtered into it's bloodstream without poisoning the dragon. The best I could come up with was a filtering air tank on it's back and a mask that helped it breath it's purified air. The rune looks quite different now but as it grows accustomed to it's new appendages it's personality begins to shine. The rune is quite watchful, and I have to admit it is a bit unnerving to have it watch me with such interest through it's mask. An audible but silent breathing can be heard as it sucks in each breath but on the whole it seems even more stronger then what it once was. It seems it has no limitation on oxygen giving the rune more stamina with it's constant supply of rich clean air and the artificial wing is used as both a blade and tool to cut through the air. The rune seems to even fancy it's tail quite a bit as I made it to where it points into a precise needle, a devastating and rather accurate weapon if need be. The dragon seems grateful to me for putting it back together and is often found helping me around the cottage with a watchful presence...I-I may even end up bounding with this rune...something about it just draws me to it and it even seems to be drawn to me as well. Only time will tell I suppose..."

Last edited by Benathorn on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Steam Gear Rune

Postby AMGGCAA » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:12 am

AMAZING :shock:
Image Image ImageImage
AMGGCAA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Oh dear... It seems I have fallen in love with your Rune, Benathorn.
I hope that, come the opening of the customs, you can create a beautiful Steam Gear Rune for me as well.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Steam Punk Runes were the only rune dragons that I did a whole set for. My sister got the first one, I the second, and the third was placed up for adoptions. So this one's my baby and I love him dearly, he is the only rune I have taken for myself so if you happen to get a custom slot I do not mind making a steam punk rune again. however, seeing as the slots are filled in under a minute these days I wish luck with that, lol. ^__^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Ehh.. Yeah, no kidding. Thanks.
Hopefully I won't get run over on my way to the slots.
You'll have to give me a heads up for when your opening them again so I can save a form and post it quickly.
^_^;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Sadly, I can not give a heads up when they are opening so as to be fair for others, but what I have seen others do is copy the form to their computer and have it all filled out before they submit it for customs later on. That way all you have to do is copy and past when they are open and that is why they go so quickly. Hopefully that may help~
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me