Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Fairy Rune Dragon

Postby Benathorn » Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 pm

"The Story of the Fairy Rune"

"Coming to a nearby glade I have heard the tales of Runes as small as the palm of a child's hand. These tales speak of a Rune Fairy, a creature that only appears to young children who can still see with their heart rather than ones eyes to believe. It takes me a while to get back in contact with the my child-self but eventually I am able to manage and forgot how wonderful everything was when I saw through the eyes that could see imagination without fault. There in the glade danced hundreds of these little runes from petal to petal and singing soft songs like that of a songbird. They come in many pastel colors and have translucent wings that sparkly in the night. Once they knew that I could see them they greeted me like a long lost friend and showed me the many ornaments that they would adorn themselves with. Small glass beads hang from their tails and their soft feathers had such a solemn glow to them that I could not help but laugh happily in their presence. I write in my field journal now of the many types of fairy runes I see but too many fly past and it is simply impossible to pinpoint each. Hopefully I will be able to find a child to take home this perfect little rune and that others may one day learn to see as they did as a child one more."

Curious Writings wrote:
Journal Entry #18

-Study Notes-

Description~ About the size of a small pygmy owl.
Most distinguishable traits~ Iridescent wings like that of a bug, a soft glow that constantly surrounds them, small antenna's that glow in the night~

The Fairy Rune comes in many different colors and glowing lights. Their ability to spread joy is famous in young children's tales and many have forgotten how to truly see these little creatures ,except those who still hold the heart of a child within them. They love to ply and collect small objects that humans have discarded while also sleeping on petals and gardens of those they tend to play with. These runes frequent young children ,since they are the only ones who can really see them, and make a perfect playmate to a lonely or saddened child. They are even seen decorating their tails with many different items they deem precious are rarely let anyone take it from them unless you earn their trust.

This little guy is up for adoption in the latest rune dragons available from the adoption page. Be quick to apply for it and hopefully you may get the chance to take it home with you! I will be judging the forms you submit till May 18 so be sure to get them in before then. You are able to keep modifying them till the judging date ,when I will pick the form I believe is the best and shows how much you wish to have the little guy. Till then, have fun! ~Benathorn

Judging for forms ends May 18 midnight CS time.

Rules
~Those with the best form will earn the right to claim this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form till the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Please do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes time to make these dragons so patience is the key.
~Have fun and only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any question be sure to ask me or the mods for this thread.
~Have fun and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85](Male or Female?)[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:[/b]
[size=85](This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size][/center]
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fairy Rune Dragon

Postby Ashenjay » Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 am

This is lovely <3 (I ilove pygmy owls, and their size too >< I was once crazy about 'em. ^^) Well done! ;a; I have a feeling it will distract my dragonfly rune fans :lol:

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

I'm sorry, I did not mean for it to distract and personally I do not even like this one that much. The line art was just sitting there on my computer for weeks so I just wanted to get it colored and out of the way. ^_^;
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonfire13 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Owner Name:
Dragonfire13
Name:
Glow
Personality:
She is kind and fun to be around she likes to be around others
she trys to be everyones friend.

Why do you wish to have him/her:
because she so pretty and I love how her wings are like
feathers it's so cool.

Where will you keep him/her:
in my sig with my other one
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
Yes later on I will breed her
Any Quirks:
She sings in her sleep some times.
Other:
Glow loved to meet new people and have fun but when she
meets new peole she is always sad to see them go and never come back.
So one day Glow went and left her old home going on an advangter to
meet new people and make more friends. But soon she starts to miss the
friends she left and when she trys to go back she gets lost. Glow was
scared and lonely soon she started to think the worse. A couple days
later after Glow got lost she came to a village and saw a little girl laying
underneath a bush. Glow went over to the little girl and song a soft note
the girl turned her head and look at her with surprise then said carefully
"are you lost little one?" Glow nodded her little head and the girl
crawled out from under the bush very carefully picking Glow up then
walking away from the village into the woods and towards a meadow
filled with flowers and other Runes. The little girl put Glow down and
walked away but Glow soon missed her and went after her. When Glow
found her again she asked if she could live with the little girl forever
and if she would show Glow to her friends.
Last edited by Dragonfire13 on Fri May 18, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonfire13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Secret. » Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Owner Name:
leopard3
Name:
Nickname:Telepathy. Name: Zuri.
Personality:
Telepathy is shy, and likes to keep to herself. She keeps her secrets close, knowing that if even one gets out it is known by all before nightfall. But if you earn her trust, she is playful and full of spirit. Many saying she can tell the future, others say she can read minds. As the name Telepathy was born.
Why do you wish to have him/her:
I <3ed her on first sight! She is just so beautiful!
Where will you keep him/her:
Sig or Trade Settings, I usually put my Rune Dragons in my sig (I only have 1 Rune Dragon atm), but I'm afraid room might run out.
Maybe. Depends what Rune Dragon we're talking about
Any Quirks:
She likes to dance, something very few Rune Dragons do. Also her singing can be heard through the trees. Rumors go around about her strange ability to see into your mind, none know the truth.
Other:
Telepathy looked around at her fellow Rune Dragons, busy at collecting the mornings berries. How their voices irritated her, forever pounding within her head. How forceful and cruel some thoughts were, how diabolical and mean. But she knew that she could never act on these thoughts, suspicion would be raised and she didn't want that. Sometimes secrets were meant to remain secrets.
Telepathy was careful not to be seen, and sneaked into the grove of sprouts where she would be concealed from prying eyes. That's when her dance began, stomping, twirling and swaying, humming the beat, and singing the tune. That's how it always started, then it got more intense. A soft growl came from within her throat, and she began to move faster and faster. Now a blur within the trees.
Then abruptly she stopped and all was still. But not for Telepathy, a thought clouded her mind. Someone was close, quickly she flew to the nearest sprout and watched the the dark figure come into view.
This signature doesn't currently exist. Please ignore it.
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Thu May 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Just one more day before this rune is judged so be sure to complete and get those forms in! ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BettaBanner » Fri May 18, 2012 11:35 am

Owner Name:kitkat2610
(Your Username goes here)
Name:felis orbis
(Dragon's Name goes here)
(Male or Female?)
Personality:She is a happy-go-lucky rune dragon. sometimes she does get a little sad when she sees a child stop believing and becomes a "grown-up". She is shy but enjoys the company of those who she can trust, those who still believe. She is happy to get to know other rune dragons and even if they are grumpy or mean, she trys to get to know them. The reason is she believes everyone has a soft spot.
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:I don't have any rune dragons so I have been watching this forum for a while but when I saw her I just fell in love with her. Her designs are just beautiful and I believe she is just like me. any other rune dragon I would have to think about what I would say about there personality, but not with her. Her voice and story jumps out to me, and her personality is as obvious as a fly on your nose. I can't even describe her in words, she just "is".
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her: My signature, my other sites, my computer, and my stories!
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:Yes.
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:When She flys her wings beat to the sound of a song.
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:This story is how she earned her name.
She Was just a young rune, without a name and on the hunt for a friend. She loved to eat dandelion fluff when it floated past her so she usually got distracted. One day as she was flying on the breeze humming to a tune she heard the other day she stumbled upon a child. This child was BIG, an older one. she sighed knowing they couldn't see with their hearts, and couldn't live as carefree as a young kid. She was just about to leave when a soft voice caught her attention. "Hello there! Are you staying here long?" said the girl sounding a little babyish."I am just drawing the grass so I could put you in the picture if you want!" She continued taking out a box of crayons. "oh, alright..."she replied. "alright then, I'll call you Felis Orbis!" she commented getting out a pink crayon."why?" she asked. This child was weird. "because, it's pretty like you." The girl said reaching her hand out to the small rune dragon. "Me, pretty? oh well I." she was amazed, this child might not be so bad, maybe she could stay awhile with her. maybe she, Felis Orbis, could stay with this girl...

(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

"Hello!
I'm
Meer Blume!
But you can call me Meer!"
BettaBanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri May 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Winner Announced!

Congratulations to kitkat2610!

I enjoyed reading your story and how you Incorporated the rune's background into the whole personality of the dragon. I feel that this is the Rune for you and I hope you enjoy it!
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BettaBanner » Fri May 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Thank you soooo much! She will forever have a loving home!

"Hello!
I'm
Meer Blume!
But you can call me Meer!"
BettaBanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Secret. » Fri May 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Gratz... :) for you :( for me but still eh. GRATZ!!!! You rlly deserved it!
This signature doesn't currently exist. Please ignore it.
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me