Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Nightlight Rune Dragon

Postby Benathorn » Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 am

"The Story Of The Rune And The Child"

"Once again I am always fascinated by how many different runes there are. On some of my many travels ,on a sweet summer's night, I came across a child who had a glowing small rune perched on her shoulder. When I asked her about the peculiar rune dragon she simply smiled to me and cuddled her rune close as she explained that her little friend would keep her company at night with it's glowing stars and feathers. The little dragon would always sleep with her and keep the shadows that frightened her so, away. She exclaimed she was terrified of the dark and the monsters that prayed on her dreams, until one night a rune dragon landed on her windowsill with it's soft luminous feathers and runes. The dragon had heard her muffled sobs of fear and wanted to give the girl comfort from the dark, and thus, she had earned a protector for life. Since then I have seen quite a few children with a Nightlight Rune perched on their shoulder. They come in various soft pastel colors and are very patient and kind to their little ones who cherish the light they bring in the dead of night." ~Benathorn

Owner:
Horneddragon
Name:
True name: Ehemberin
Nickname: Ember
Type:
Nightlight Rune Dragon
Breedable:
I will still press this one on; I am a VERY picky person when it comes to breeding my characters. I weigh all possible outcomes of breeding, and have never once bread a character lightly. I love them as if they were real creatures, and I don’t know about you, but I don’t go around breeding my beloved pets willy nilly.
Last edited by Benathorn on Sat May 05, 2012 10:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nightlight Rune Dragon

Postby Ashenjay » Wed May 02, 2012 1:57 am

Very cute <3
But in the story did the girl just give the dragon out for adoption or did the dragon want to travel..?

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Wed May 02, 2012 2:00 am

No it was just about a dragon I saw and the dragon is still with her. There are many of this breed and it was just a tale to show what the rune does best.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashenjay » Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 am

Oh, I see <3
She/he's so cuuuuuuuuuuute and the description especially makes him/her more desirable ^w^
by the way, do you have any runes, Bena..?

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Wed May 02, 2012 2:05 am

No, but my sister has planned to make me one tailored to me personally, so I look forward to what she has in store for my own personal rune dragon. :3
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Wed May 02, 2012 2:12 am

Lovely little night light rune dragon sis! And it has stars, which automatically makes it awesome! :3
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 am

Thank you, stars are always a win in my books. ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ninavi » Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 am

Owner Name:
UnluckyRaven13
Name:
Alvin
Personality:
Alvin is very patient and loving. He hates to see others afraid or in pain and will go out of his way to help them no matter what. Alvin absolutely loves to be cuddle and is sometime mistaken for a stuffed animal because he sits so still as the kids squeeze him. He will also sit perfectly still and never lash out at any child because he would never be able to hurt them he is just to kind. Alvin has a natural soft spot for kids who have lost a loved one and a hurting and goes out of his way to help them heal there heart.
Why do you wish to have him:
I love the story behind the nightlight rune and I also love his colors. I saw him and just knew I had to have him because in truth even though I am 17 I am still afraid of being alone in the dark, lol. Its sad I know, but when I see him it makes me feel better and reminds me off when i use to have a nightlight.
Where will you keep him:
I will keep him in my siggy to make all the darkness go away.
Would you like to breed him in the feature:
If I win this little guy I will definitely breed him, but not to just any female. I will have to be very impressed with the other ones story and try at getting him, but it will be well worth it because the person who is the owner of the female will get the little one.
Any Quirks:
Alvin is very sensitive to light and can't go out in the sun light. Alvin can only be outside at night, dawn, and dusk because of his aversion to light.
Other:
(This story is through the eyes of a young orphaned(Parents died in a car crash) girl living with a very distant family member.)

I watched through my window as the sun slowly set the beautiful blue sky turning a pinkish color. I sighed and shivered knowing soon I would be cast into complete darkness when the sun went down. I wanted to cry again knowing it would be another long lonely night full of nightmares. I thought to myself as I made my way to my bed. I use to be able to sleep peacefully at night. Momma would always read me a small book and sing me a lullaby. Then she'd kiss the top of my head and tuck me in. The darkness never use to scare me so much I welcomed the time when I could have some rest after my long days playing with my momma and friends, but then everything went wrong. Momma and Dadda went out at night for a date as they called it. On there way home a drunk driver had hit them. At least that's what my family member I live with says. That night I didn't get my lullaby and I had a horrible nightmare and I have been afraid of the night ever sense. I finally snapped out of my thoughts as I climbed into bed and curled up under my blanket getting ready for the horrible nightmare. As the sun sunk lower the light started to leave my room, but just when i though the night would start a bright light came into my room. I took in a shaky breath and stuck the top part of my head out of the blankets. I smiled and crawled out all the way when I noticed a pretty little rune dragon that seemed to create its own light sitting in my open window. I couldn't help but reach out my arms toward the beautiful rune dragon who made the darkness finally go away. I smiled as he hopped over to me and up into my arms. I pet and hugged him as he set his head on my arm and looked at me with his large glowing eyes. I hugged him tight to my chest and curled up falling asleep. It was the first night I slept without nightmares sense my parents death. The little rune was gone when I woke up the next morning, but that night he came back just before sunset and has come back ever sense.
Last edited by Ninavi on Fri May 04, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature By Bear Cursive.

"All those who wander are not lost." ~ Unknown

My Characters

"When the rich wage war. It's the poor who die".
Ninavi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Owner Name:
~rabbit448
Name:
~Starlight
Personality:
~helpful:she gives off a bright glow to help see in dark spaces.She would cuddle and comfort you if you feel sad or scared.
~curious:Starlight want's to know anything and everything about the world.
~Smart:a trait she gained by being curious, she explores and learns anything she's able to get her claws/paws on.
~loyal:Starlight won't leave her friends unless it's absolutely necessary
~adventurous:She loves to find new things and try different things. Starlight loves to explore the big world that lies in front of her.
Why do you wish to have him:
~I love celestial bodies.I also like the star's glow it looks really nice. The whole design is beautiful with the stars and their bright yellow glow.
Where will you keep him:
~in my signature to light up the way when Im searching through the fourms(if provided if its not provided I'll keep her in bookmarks.)
Would you like to breed him in the feature:
~probably not because of the breeding pay
Any Quirks:
~
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

Dislikes: darkness,violence
Poem
Smart
Talented
Adventurous
Radiant
Loveable
Interesting
Graceful
Helpful
Tiny
These are so cute and I might do a story later
Last edited by rabbit... on Sat May 05, 2012 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horneddragon » Thu May 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Owner Name:
Horneddragon

In the story:
name: Jirihendiali Zenu Louresha
Species: Zenshueh
Earthen name: Jurri
Age: 14 human years ( To this alien species, she is only a very young child, more like a 6 year old ^^ )
Skin color: Pale purple/ Pale fair ( in human form)
Hair color: Dark purple-black
Eye color: 'sky' blue

Name:
True name: Ehemberin
Nickname: Ember
Personality:
Twinkle, Twinkle
Little star,
come with me,
and we'll go far

Easy going and fun loving, this is a rune whose patience stretches far past the limits of most. Seemingly born for a life around youth, he is more loyal than a retriever, and small enough to cuddle. With his kind heart and inquisitive nature, he is much like a child himself. Yet he is wise and loving, knowing just when his companion needs him the most. He harbors a deep love for all young things, both plant, human, humanoid, and anamalian alike. The soft glow of his body and wings helps keep the fear of the night the young ones he holds so dear to him at bay. In time he has come to love the Beach, the sun, and the sea. He can normally be found alongside his most beloved companion, Jurri. A very young, and very rare, Alien child. She is a water born creature who showed him the beauty and bounty of the sea, and along with it a love of the day light, and sun to warm his body.

deep below,
the tides at night,

through out his time with Jurri, he began to build a growing want to experience life under the sea. He hated always being left on the shore because of his lack of gills, and slowly it depressed him. Jurri soon picked up on this and built him a very interesting contraption, a small, lantern like object with a re-breathing system to recycle his air, it was a delicate contraption, yet was strong enough to take on the changes in pressure one experiences under water. His soft glowing light works well even under the water, Jurri, who is too young to have built up a quality night vision under water, uses his light like a lantern to help guide her around wile under water. Hence the reason he is nicknamed "ember"

Keep me safe,
with guiding light.

Though he has formed a deep bond with young Jurri, he will never hesitate to help and serve a child in need. Though he is small, and his true powers are vastly limited. To a child petrified of the night, a soft glowing warm ball of fuffy feathers, and soft fur, is more of a comport than any kind or reassuring word. All in all, he is a small creature with a kind and open heart. He has never once backed down from helping a young one in need, and in all realities never will. He is trusting, and loyal, patient, and kind, an admirable creature in every way.

Twinkle, Twinkle
Little star,
come with me,
and we'll go far

Why do you wish to have him/her:
Well I’ll make this clear, no I am not applying for this little guy just because I lost to SA for the competition for the Celestial Rune. Sure I’m not all that happy about it, but I’m older than her, and I kind of find it below my age group to get upset over a bunch of pixels.
Yes this does sound a bit harsh but it is true, I can shrug stuff off pretty quick. I’m an adult for goodness sakes! I’d be pretty low of me to be grudge a child for winning, now wouldn’t it?
In all truths I’m applying for this Rune because as I stated I’m an adult, and a young one at that. Being a senior in high school, set to graduate on the 2nd of June, I’m seeing the last few days of my own ‘child hood’ passing by me very fast. Each day they slip though my fingers like grains of sand, and in all realities all this change, scares me. I’m making the transitions to collage, finding roommates, leaving old friends, settling old differences, and saying my goodbyes to everything I’ve ever know. This rune, with all its child like qualities, reminds me of the child hood im leaving behind. With each glance at its light soft glowing colors I remember all those night so many years ago when I was a little girl laying in her mound of stuffed animals in bed at night fearing the monsters around her, and hoping her animals would protect her from them as she slept. Looking at him reminds me of soft nights outside catching fireflies in the fields of my old home town, dancing in the cool warm air of the mild nights with all my little friends, but mostly of the child hood I miss so much.
To me this rune speaks of innocence, child like love, and most of all a deep sense of nostalgia. Even now as I write up this form I find myself watching all those old cartoons I used to adore as a youngster. I guess it’s a bit cheesy, but I hope to get this little rune, and to make him mine, not only for the love of the memories he brings forth into my head, but also so that he can become my own guiding light as I finish up my last few days of high school, and unto my long, and hard transition into collage life, and adult hood.

Where will you keep him/her:
I have a well updated character thread, and a lovely home in stories with Jurri, and even Tate, Jeena, Will, Cora, Bindi, Blar, Vaughn, and ----.

He will be well loved, not only by my characters, but by me. He instills such deep emotion in my heart that I find I smile each and every time I see this little Rune. I will try my best to develop him into a stellar and detailed character, and above all else love him.

Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
I will still press this one on; I am a VERY picky person when it comes to breeding my characters. I weigh all possible outcomes of breeding, and have never once bread a character lightly. I love them as if they were real creatures, and I don’t know about you, but I don’t go around breeding my beloved pets willy nilly.
Any Quirks:
Though he loves water, he hates getting soaked wile in the cold. This is why he can only be found around the southern parts of the US.
He has a fear of larger than life stuffed animals; this is though to be due to him being caught under one when he was young.
He frequently gets mesmerized by his own glowing tail, and can be found chasing it.

Other:
If I get back in time, I will write up a story about him, I drew up a picture of him in the ‘lanturn’ but have yet to be able to finish it.
Last edited by Horneddragon on Fri May 04, 2012 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
|| The House of Belant || || Fursona || || Characters || || Daeets || || C.R.A.A. || || Muse || || Writing || || Join me on Howrse?||
|-| My Universe Will Never be the same |-|

Quote of the day wrote:
Firi Okan; Currently available; #6; #4
Horneddragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me