Based on Click to view
Artist starry--knight [gallery]
Time spent 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
52 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

L.O.C. July Event - Dreams :: OPEN

Postby starry--knight » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:52 am

Throughout the ages, dreams have held and often spoke to problems, fears and doubts that linger within the recesses of the mind. Many have tried to explain their meanings, and find purpose to the images flashing about in ones mind while not awake, but there have never been beings so powerful as to not only explain a dreams intent and purpose…but manipulate them for positive healing or darker intentions.

And so appeared the white mist. Such an event had never been experienced before by Lion kind. A mist which rolled over the land like a blanket and who’s purpose was unknown. It crept and slunk across the lands, swallowing the terrain and the inhabitants within it’s hungry belly, lulling and nullifying all into a deep sleeping state.

When the fog had finally dissipated, the pride awoke from their forced slumber. Groggy and disoriented several lions stumbled upon a collection of bodies laid sprawled about across their lands. All were lionesses, seemingly no different then the lions who have come before. Together the pride came together to carry and care for the newcomers, ensuring they were well cared for as they themselves slept. However, unlike the pride - these females did not wake....not for a long time. Nearly a year had passed since their unexplained appearance before, almost simultaneously, they awoke.

Some of the girls were startled and lost - others angry and discontent. All wondering the same thing - how did they get here? The pride shared in their concern, the best psychics of them all called forward to discover some clue to their arrival.....but they were handling it all wrong. The females past was locked within their element of dreams. And, when that bit came to light the psychics began unlocking clues to not their pasts....but the prides future.

But that is a tale for another time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the dawn of the second year to the females arrival, one awoke from a frightful dream with ominous news to share with the pride. Her voice stuttered and cracked with every syllable that escaped her parted lips. A story of how their world is not all that it appeared to be....and neither was the appearance of the 12 mysterious lionesses.

She told of their past ancestors, who's war was fought almost 3,000 years ago.... Time was ticking faster, as was the oncoming onslaught destined to ensue. For in her vision she saw the war with the lions who started it all. The original lions - along with all their bloodshed and sins. Though blurry, she attested to their identity, describing them as if she had been there so long ago.... turns out she was. They all were.

The fog that carried their slumbering souls was the same fog that swept the lands nearly 3,000 years ago. It was lost with history - and turned to dust to be forgotten, until now. She spoke of things she just couldn't know off hand. And when sent to see a psychic her tale was confirmed.

In their past life they had been kept in tight quarters once the war broke out. Their gifts more powerful than most who lived in that time...and their insight and influence too strong to leave unchecked. So on the dawn of the first revolution.... all of them were rounded up and kept hidden within the reaches of the rebels. The leader, an air elemental known only for his deed as the "lake massacre" wanted to ensure his survival in the war and his reign. So, he tasked the females to do his bidding in exchange for their lives. But when the war changed out of his favor...the bloody ruler did not want the girls to fall into the prides hands. Instead while they slept that night, the leader had them killed.

On that night appeared the fog. Who's fingers crawled into every crevice and cave....washing across the lands, scooping up the souls that had been shed, before disappearing. Only a handful of lions saw it appear....and when the rest awoke from their slumbers they did not believe the words spoken. Soon the fog dwindled from being a rumor...to becoming a tall tale....to becoming nothing but cold air left lingering on lips. However, there was more to this fog than just the potent dream state of which it could leave you..... the fog was also a sign.

Never in lion history save for the initial appearance has the fog been seen. And now, as the civil war brakes into the deepest depths of bloodshed and destruction, the fog appears once again. The blood moon shared the bad omen of destruction and war....and the fog is the accompanying sign to it. For both to appear, lion kind is in a dark place, left darker unless the civil war is squashed for good. But for now, the fog brings new friends, new faces and hope for a peaceful planet once again.
Last edited by starry--knight on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 12 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: L.O.C. July Event - Dreams :: CLOSED

Postby starry--knight » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:06 pm

Set the Event avatar as yours - or keep in your sig!
Doing so will earn you 10 Credits to be used to buy items in the event store!

ImageImage
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:06 pm

The Tasks & Meanings
F O R G E R

Since the civil war started our warriors, scouts, trackers and prison guards have been working with broken armor and most have yet to acquire their own. Khazix and Faust our designated forgers have been working hard to keep up with demand, but are needing some serious help to get our warriors equipped for battle. They are recruiting YOUR help to make some armor for our dear fighters. In return for a full suit of armor, you can earn up to 20 credits towards the LOC store for the event!

-Armor is gauged according to;; Functionality, Design, and accuracy to the rank.
-Credits are awarded by staff according to how well these categories are met.
-You can design armor for your own lions (that don't already have some) or design armor that can be used by other users in the community!
-This Forging will remain open for the entirety of the July Event. Please keep in mind we are looking for QUALITY over QUANTITY.
-Post your entries here on the main Event page with the code word "Flames"

P A T R I O T

In war there is always two sides. Both believe in the war they are fighting and the goal set at the end of the bloody turmoil. The lions are no different. Some fight for the traditional pride, their belief and hope resting on their leader Ethereal. Others fight for the rebellion who fight for power over order led by Arknon. Regardless of their beliefs or values, every cause has a symbol that they fight, bleed and die for. For this task, you will need to design a symbol for the Pride and for the Rebels. This design must be something pretty simple, and have multiple functions such as engraving in armor or hanging on a flag.

Design is gauged by;;
-Overall appearance and functionality (is it simple enough to duplicate?)
-Credits are awarded to the best given design
-Credits awarded are based upon effort
-There may be multiple people awarded with Credits for participation.
-Post your entries here on the main Event page with the code word "Symbol"

S C H O L A R

Loc have always been a very deep routed species - defined by their past and their present and their ever shifting future. However most notably is the lions recorded traits, elements, rulers and ranks. In this task, you must recite your knowledge and show you are the most fluent in the LOC world. This task will take place in a JoinMe stream, where a LOC fact will be asked and points are awarded to the first correct answer provided. You have a chance to win up to 10 credits per join me!

Credits are given according to;;
-The first correct answer given about LOC lore.
-2 Credits are awarded for each correctly answered question.
-You may only join this task every other time it appears (You may play, then when another one pops up you must wait to allow others to try)

F O R T U N E - T E L L E R
The lion pride has always had a history of lions with the ability to predict the future. Whether good or bad, it allows the lions a chance to change their fate if they are lucky and quick enough to act. In this task you will be presented with a board filled with numbers. Your job is to select the one that will hide a prize beneath. But be careful, selecting the wrong one will result in a bad future for you.

Credits & Prizes are given according to;;
-Users will all have a chance to select a space on the board, covered with a number.
-Once selected, the game master will uncover what hides beneath the number.
-You have the opportunity to win Credits, Claim slots and Extra Lion slots - maybe even a rare item from the store.
-You also have the chance of landing on a bad space which will take away the credits you have earned! So watch out!
-You may earn up to 10 Credits in this Task per round.

I D E N T I T Y

Belonging anywhere in the LOC world can be a struggle. Because of the waging war, many lions have lost their loved ones, friends, homes. This loss is why knowing others is so important. It reminds that life, love and friendship is so important - but it also offers a chance at life....or a road to a bitter end. In this task, you will be shown a selection of pelt on different lions both with and against the pride. Your task is to identify who this lion is and properly name them.

Credits are given according to;;
-Users who properly identify a lion
-2 Credits are awarded to the first person to properly identify a lion.
-Credits will stop accruing after 10.
-Guessing a lion incorrectly will subtract 2 Credits from your total in the match.

P A S T - T A L E S

Every lion has a story. They've all seen hardship and wars. Some have been more scarred than others. But regardless of their walk of life or hardships.... their stories mold and shape the view and identity of the pride and the species. Your task is to write and develop your current lions (if you own one) and tell their story. Maybe it is a memory they once had - perhaps an event yet to come. In either case, sharing these stories will help us all learn and grow during these dark times.

Credits are awarded according to;;
-Every 500 words written in a story you will receive 5 credits.
-Each story must be about YOUR lion, but can include other user owned lions.
-Stories are granted credits by word count as well as quality of the story written.

C A R V E D -F A C E S

Ever since the birth of lion kind, they have carved their images - stories and identities into the prides mountain side. If you look hard enough you can make out the tales of all lions from all walks of life all collected together to create one powerful community. It is a reminder to our kind about all the good and the bad - and the changes still desperately needed to be made. In this task you must draw your lion or another lion.

Credits are awarded according to;;
-What kind of art it is.
-Headshot with color = 3 Credits
-Headshot with color and shading = 5 credits
-Fullbody with color = 7 credits
-Fullbody with shading = 10 credits
-Full body with armor + color and shading = 15 credits
- + 2 credits if featuring another lion.
-Artwork is graded according to the piece fitting these requirements.
Last edited by starry--knight on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:59 am, edited 7 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:07 pm

saving post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:07 pm

now open for posting!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chimericect » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:24 pm

marking ;v;
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:27 pm

marks eue
h

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby,
-------------------------------------------------
Da - Characters - LOC - WOI
-------------------------------------------------

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoncool97 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Mark!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Marrrrrking! I need ten ethereal sand, thats my goal for this event oh boy.
Signature under construction.... Hard hat required
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoncool97 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:32 pm

I'm UBER excited!!!!!