Dear Art Shop Owners...

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Dear Art Shop Owners...

Postby CLUMSY » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm new with art shops, so I have some questions.

question #1-can I use oekaki to make the art?I wouldn't make it in adoptable, but I would post it in begginners or something. I dont know!...

question #2-If not, how do I make little pixelated art or what ever, and post it on the fourums???

thank you!

~shadowroll
CLUMSY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:07 pm

shadowroll wrote:question #1-can I use oekaki to make the art?I wouldn't make it in adoptable, but I would post it in begginners or something. I dont know!...

You can use Oekaki to make art.

question #2-If not, how do I make little pixelated art or what ever, and post it on the fourums???

Even so, you can still make pixel art--- if you're running Windows, use MS Paint and upload it to an image hosting site like Photobucket or Tinypic.
Quantum

"Life
is a great big canvas,
and you should throw
all the paint on it you can."
-Danny Kaye
Shadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CLUMSY » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:59 am

k, I'll try that..
CLUMSY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blockbeap » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 am

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! :D This helps me a ton with my art shops! Thank you so much!
I am only active on my deviantart.

If you need to contact me, GO THERE PLEASE.
Blockbeap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BassKitten » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:36 pm

I was thinking about opening an art shop but i've got homework and pets and sisters and everything plus im not a very good drawer so hmmm
BassKitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kites » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:18 am

I've got my own art shop, and it's running happily at it's own pace. However, I have just finished an otter piece for a customer (which requires 1 uncommon wishlist), and I just looked on their page to see if they had been online to pay me. They had, so I then went to their pets page only to find out that they have no pets whatsoever. What should I do?
•Trying to find a username that fits me•

Back from spending the year travelling. ^^

Locations: South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Back to Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, HOME

~I used to be Sherlock~
Kites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:14 am

LessThanThree wrote:I've got my own art shop, and it's running happily at it's own pace. However, I have just finished an otter piece for a customer (which requires 1 uncommon wishlist), and I just looked on their page to see if they had been online to pay me. They had, so I then went to their pets page only to find out that they have no pets whatsoever. What should I do?

Delete the art from wherever you're hosting it and blacklist them. If you feel extra witchy, go to a mod and report the scam. (Which I recommend you do, art scammers usually don't stop with one.)

It's a generally good idea to ask someone to send a trade (but don't accept it) and don't start until you get that trade. You pretty much guarantee you won't get ripped off.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kites » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:44 am

Thanks Wendigo, I'll do that right away!
•Trying to find a username that fits me•

Back from spending the year travelling. ^^

Locations: South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Back to Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, HOME

~I used to be Sherlock~
Kites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Niko » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:02 am

This is absolutely fabulous and it helped me understand a lot! Thanks for posting this, this is brilliant!
Niko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salamandaa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:51 am

Thank you for this thread very much. I think you covered everything perfectly and all that you said "how to properly" in your post is how I ideally prefer art threads to be like, so hopefully we won't see as much of the problems you mentioned.

On a bit of a side note, I also loathe "codewords". In both roleplays, and art threads. I believe its both unnecessary and annoying as some people like me are so caught up trying to make a decent post that we forget about them :/ A high percentage of people will at least scan over the rules anyway, even without "codes".

My old username was Frostdragon
New username, new me! I like dinosaurs.
Salamandaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me