Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Larkspur1678 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:54 am

@Tenor - I’m super happy that things are going so well for you! I hope you guys continue to do well with this new trainer <3

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 pm

I'm glad you and Goose are doing so well! I think with a caring trainer and your dedication, he'll learn fast! ^^

Also not to completely change the convo, but my old man Enzo turned 11 years old today! 🥳
-fireflii

Image Image
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenor » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:24 pm

enzo is such a handsome old man ! oh my goodness! happy borthday, old boy!
🐀 ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 🐁
♡ rats | orange | romantic ♡
trades | giveaways | poems
mischief | mini mischief | orange hoard
my cs world record
🐭 🍊 🐭
(goose, purrah, jasmine, captain, "minnie"mouse)
ImageImageImageImageImage
tenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:39 pm

omg what a distinguished gentleman !! he does not look a day over one, he's glowing :'')

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenor » Sun May 12, 2024 1:42 pm

cs, meet minnie / minniemouse ^^
via her name in the shelter

my husband and i have been looking at this baby at our local shelter for 2 weeks!! and no one has put any applications in for her. we have been WANTING a new baby for a while now, about 6 months^^ and finally, with both of settled into new jobs, an increased area of fenced yard in the back, captain turning 1 year old in june, and goose finally going out to parks and meeting new people and doggies comfortably, we are finally READY for a new baby! we've been looking ever since the start of the year, but we didn't seriously consider until the middle of april, when i started a mainly-at-home job and goose settled into weekly socialization/reactive training. i am so proud of our boys for how quickly they took to our new addition! there was no growling, no barking, no raised hackles. goose is tolerant, but warming up slowly, and i couldn't hope for more. captain is already bringing her his toys hoping she will play with him!

we are so stinkin excited about this new addition, we adopted her this morning<3 welcome, minnie, to our little pack!
(girl, not spayed [ will be spayed as soon as she reaches maturity ], 4-6 months [ they weren't sure ], mix [ unsure of breed, guesses are welcome! our first guess is a rottweiler mix, we will be getting a wisdom panel test done as soon as she gets caught up on all her vaccines and such! ] ) <3

edit:
after some guesses from me and my husband and looking at a few google image searches, our guesses our:
beauceron, transylvanian hound, doberman, or rottweiler mix!
🐀 ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 🐁
my cs world record
🐭 🍊 🐭
tenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Sun May 12, 2024 5:05 pm

Headshape looks rottweiler - Or terrier, I'd say am bull or staff/amstaff
I have a Rott mix, he's the best.
To be honest and frank - It is extremely unlikely to be Transyl. Hound or Beau.
Both are relatively (or extremely in the case of TH) rare most places -expecially US- And at least Beau.'s are pretty regulated / responsibly bred to the point your just not going to find them in shelters willy nilly.
Embark is a more reliable test than Wisdom just FYI
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenor » Tue May 14, 2024 3:54 am

Gizmutt wrote:

Headshape looks rottweiler - Or terrier, I'd say am bull or staff/amstaff
I have a Rott mix, he's the best.
To be honest and frank - It is extremely unlikely to be Transyl. Hound or Beau.
Both are relatively (or extremely in the case of TH) rare most places -expecially US- And at least Beau.'s are pretty regulated / responsibly bred to the point your just not going to find them in shelters willy nilly.
Embark is a more reliable test than Wisdom just FYI

thanks for this info !! i didn't too much research about the origins of the beauceron or hound, so i appreciate your knowledge! and i'm mainly just choosing WP over Embark because 1) it's free under the health insurance plan i have for her, and 2) it's what i've used for all my other pets/family pets! but i've heard some good reviews that rank embark higher than WP, so i'll keep that in mind when i get results, and i may end up over time getting embark tests done for my other babies as well to get some higher accuracy. i think i just want a general idea of possible health issues that may arise in the future that WP offers with the free test ^^

doggy pic tax:
minnie on the left, captain on the right
🐀 ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 🐁
my cs world record
🐭 🍊 🐭
tenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IwantDoggieeeee » Tue May 14, 2024 3:55 am

I have a grey and fawn french bulldog.
He is 11 mounths old and loves Cellery
His name is Irving
don't have image avaliable rn but maybe later!
~woof :3~
Image Image
IwantDoggieeeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Mon May 20, 2024 6:26 am

it's been a bit since i've posted !
this summer hazel and i have started to jump into sports- i've been training and working her for so long that i've finally decided to take the dive .
in march we went to a barn hunt clinic and she really found that it was her sport ! but the three hour drive wasn't ideal
and just today we went to a fetch trial, where hazel earned her first leg towards her title ! the club also hosts plenty of barn hunt events too, and is only an hour away .

her first trial of the day was a total wash- but was literally both our very first trials so no biggie . but on the second one she tried to bring the ball to the judge 😭✋🏻 but we managed to get our ribbon ! 💖 she already has her TKN so i'm excited to add more letters to her name !

aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Mon May 20, 2024 11:30 am

Hello!

I don't know if/when I introduced my current dog!
Her name is Lilypad, and she's a husky-pit mix (some traces of Chow as well), per her EMBARK test. Compact and lean, lovely shepherd-like build, and she's really expressive with MASSIVE upright ears that make her kinda look like Bolt, if Bolt was a Husky.

She's a registered AKC Canine Partner and has earned CGC and CGCA over the last year. We're working on TKN (I just need to get the videos to submit the paperwork, and unfortunately my cell phone video quality is best described as prehistoric potato). We're hoping to do more with Trick over the next year.

She's not expressed much interest in Rally, and she's not really into the idea of FastCAT (nor do I have a car, and it's an hour away). Dock Diving isn't available locally just yet, but there are two facilities under construction I believe, and the only agility facility is too far away for me. However, we're active in the Canicross scene, and we're now the heads of the club!

Lily graduated Service Dog training just two weeks ago! Which is incredible! She's been working on this for two years now, and she passed one of the biggest tests of all: a brand new environment duo, no backup, and she aced every bit of it. She did the movies (boring, but she liked the popcorn, lol), and then the mall! She completely ignored two aggressive small dogs while there and was polite around another service dog, which was awesome as we've not had the ability to work alongside other teams much. She also rode an escalator for the first time; these are pretty rare here so this was the first time we actually had a chance to use one, since the other theatre closed permanently during covid. We also took an elevator. She handled two panic attacks like a champ, doing pressure therapy and blocking at the time, as well as gave deaf alert cues when needed.

I cannot say enough about how PROUD I am of my dog.

Also, bonus: her first trip to the movies had three small kids right behind us with their mom and dad, all of the kids under six years old. Young enough that the parents were reading the screen text to them, as we were seeing The Phantom Menace. She completely ignored all of the kids (who were honestly incredibly well behaved), and afterwards the mom of the group leaned over the seats and told me "I don't know about you, but I think she did GREAT!!" and *keysmash* that was honestly the most validating thing I've ever been told by a complete stranger. I had warned the group behind me that she LOVES kids to a fault and was friendly, but also that it was her first time in a theatre setting, so if she was disruptive we'd leave. They were so chuffed with her performance, and I let the kids pet her and told them how she helps me after the screening, so the parents were incredibly pleased with the whole experience and the kids were extremely respectful. Honestly, those parents deserve a reward.

It's really cool to see how much this dog has changed me as a trainer. I had to say goodbye to my previous SD about two years ago, who was my first dog I ever trained, and I'm so proud to see Lily following in her pawsteps.

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me