Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Eagle Eye' » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:25 am

HenryTheMage wrote:I just wanted to say that my cat just came to me to sit on my lap and crawl for attention while I'm "ignoring" her and typing which only makes her ------------------- want attnetion more <--- She made that long space. x^D

Kitty says purr purr to y'all!

Sometimes when im on the computer or reading one of my cats will come over and either paw me or touch their noes to me and a lot of times it startles me so baddd XD
Eagle Eye'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle Eye' » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:56 am

bump (it seems a bit dead)
Eagle Eye'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sardonyx » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Bump ^^
Love my friends <3
Sardonyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:48 pm

Marerose678 wrote:Hello, I have a cat and I would like to get a dog soon I would like to ask, does anybody have 'cat vs dog' kind of problems.Do they fight.Does the cat or dog get stressed out if one or another tries to play with eachother ?Would love the anwser :3

I had the opposite. Already owned a dog for five years and got a five year old cat, Tambora. They got on rough at first. Cat would beat the dog up but then they'd cuddle like everything was totally fine then back to Tambora hitting the dog again. After two major attacks by Tambora I got a calming collar for him that has worked miracles. He hasn't hit the dog in two weeks since the collar went on and it's making things so much more peaceful for both of them. I definitely won't get another cat while I have my dog (since one is enough for him) but they coexist better.

They'll interact if they both want the same spot on the couch next to me, mostly sniffing and brief grooming, but otherwise they just ignore each other.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Wylla~ » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:
Marerose678 wrote:Hello, I have a cat and I would like to get a dog soon I would like to ask, does anybody have 'cat vs dog' kind of problems.Do they fight.Does the cat or dog get stressed out if one or another tries to play with eachother ?Would love the anwser :3

I had the opposite. Already owned a dog for five years and got a five year old cat, Tambora. They got on rough at first. Cat would beat the dog up but then they'd cuddle like everything was totally fine then back to Tambora hitting the dog again. After two major attacks by Tambora I got a calming collar for him that has worked miracles. He hasn't hit the dog in two weeks since the collar went on and it's making things so much more peaceful for both of them. I definitely won't get another cat while I have my dog (since one is enough for him) but they coexist better.

They'll interact if they both want the same spot on the couch next to me, mostly sniffing and brief grooming, but otherwise they just ignore each other.

THank you for the info!
❤ 坚强 ❤
❤ 我热爱生活!❤

▬I'm Wylla▬
● ●She/her● ●
xxx

~Wylla~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the folly of man » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:51 pm

I say it depends on the temperament of them both. I have 2 very crazy dogs- one who wants to play with the cats sometimes, and one who kinda gets territorial but knows he's not supposed to. None of my cats really like them, but that's probably because of the fact my dogs are hyper. I suggest getting a calmer dog maybe? ^^' sorry if I'm not much of a help.
★ the folly of man ★
folly/skelly/bazil ☻ any pronouns ☻ genderfluid

ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxM

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

hi i'm folly i like to draw and stuff. not super active here
outside of adopting pets, but i do use oekaki sometimes !
i'm kind of forgetful so please don't be scared to PM me
if you think i've forgotten anything i owe you! ^_^

ImageImage
ImageImage
pfp by my buddy jonah hi oomfie
the folly of man

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Wylla~ » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 pm

edgy cat of DOOM wrote:

I say it depends on the temperament of them both. I have 2 very crazy dogs- one who wants to play with the cats sometimes, and one who kinda gets territorial but knows he's not supposed to. None of my cats really like them, but that's probably because of the fact my dogs are hyper. I suggest getting a calmer dog maybe? ^^' sorry if I'm not much of a help.

Haha, I accept all sorts of help =D
❤ 坚强 ❤
❤ 我热爱生活!❤

▬I'm Wylla▬
● ●She/her● ●
xxx

~Wylla~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Blufox » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Going through the exact same thing right now xD
I have a resident cat who I've had since 2010 and yesterday we picked up our foster dog. Our cat was freaked out since the dog was more than twice his size. His tail was puffed up and his back was arched. Most of the time the dog roams around the first floor of the house and the cat stays in a bedroom on the second floor.

We've tried positive reinforcement and giving them both a treat when they don't bark or hiss at each other. It's sort of works but we might hire a trainer to deal with the situation. The cat will come near the living room when the dog is on a leash and tethered to the sofa. They stare at each other, while we try to distract the dog with "look at me" (still working on it). Then the dog will bark and the cat will run away to either the basement or upstairs. Part of the problem might be that the dog is in a new environment with new people, new smells, and a cat who's hissing at him.

The dog has also been going through a lot lately (surrendered to an overcrowded shelter down south where he was scheduled to be euthanized, a foster home in Kentucky, and another foster home up north before coming to us), so part of the reason might be stress. Because of this, we think that the cat might tolerate the dog before the dog can tolerate the cat.

I recommend getting a smaller dog so your cat won't get totally freaked out. My grandma brought over her tiny little toy rat terrier over and our cat was actually larger than her. Make sure you set up a "safe space" for your cat a few days before you bring your dog home. This should be someplace where the dog cannot reach the cat (we use the basement). Before you cat absolutely trust the dog and the cat together overnight, keep the dog in a crate or in a locked bathroom.

Before diving into this too quickly, I recommend that you do your homework and take the time to research bringing a new dog into a home with a resident cat. It helps c:
animated by me! ref
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Wylla~ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:12 pm

-TruBlue wrote:

Going through the exact same thing right now xD
I have a resident cat who I've had since 2010 and yesterday we picked up our foster dog. Our cat was freaked out since the dog was more than twice his size. His tail was puffed up and his back was arched. Most of the time the dog roams around the first floor of the house and the cat stays in a bedroom on the second floor.

We've tried positive reinforcement and giving them both a treat when they don't bark or hiss at each other. It's sort of works but we might hire a trainer to deal with the situation. The cat will come near the living room when the dog is on a leash and tethered to the sofa. They stare at each other, while we try to distract the dog with "look at me" (still working on it). Then the dog will bark and the cat will run away to either the basement or upstairs. Part of the problem might be that the dog is in a new environment with new people, new smells, and a cat who's hissing at him.

The dog has also been going through a lot lately (surrendered to an overcrowded shelter down south where he was scheduled to be euthanized, a foster home in Kentucky, and another foster home up north before coming to us), so part of the reason might be stress. Because of this, we think that the cat might tolerate the dog before the dog can tolerate the cat.

I recommend getting a smaller dog so your cat won't get totally freaked out. My grandma brought over her tiny little toy rat terrier over and our cat was actually larger than her. Make sure you set up a "safe space" for your cat a few days before you bring your dog home. This should be someplace where the dog cannot reach the cat (we use the basement). Before you cat absolutely trust the dog and the cat together overnight, keep the dog in a crate or in a locked bathroom.

Before diving into this too quickly, I recommend that you do your homework and take the time to research bringing a new dog into a home with a resident cat. It helps c:

The problem is that , my family and I live in an apartment. So technically there is NO safe space (Except my room, I guess).We'll get a puppy so technically the cat wont be to scared of it (I wish).
❤ 坚强 ❤
❤ 我热爱生活!❤

▬I'm Wylla▬
● ●She/her● ●
xxx

~Wylla~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Human_ » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:13 am

I'm working on moving into an apartment away from home, my two dogs are to old to take with me and I've always wanted a cat but my dad couldn't be around them due to allergies, so I want to get a cat but I don't know where to start. I want to get a kitten so I can train it and get it desensitized to certain things but I still don't know where to start or anything else
_Human_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me