*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach discussion, come help!

Postby mikasi-nightwolf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm

TheLittleBlackCat wrote:
mikasi-nightwolf wrote:
So far everyone iv asked do value it at 2.5 Sorbets. :/ Just gotta be pateint to who wants to give me that, or a non for the flower and the sorbet. I beleive in value more then demand cause their was alot of demand talk here, and from now on i go by worth not demand. Others can do what they please, and so can i lol . I beleive in being fair not asking crazy amount for pets you know?

True true, I wasn't saying you couldn't get 2.5 sorbets worth for the flower, I was just saying you might struggle

Sometimes I just don't get the demand with fruit and some more disliked mini-pets.. they're adorable.. it's just a pitty some look like they're rotting and people value them to be so low..

I agree!, I love the peach and he flower, they are so adorable! I honestly think they should be valued higher cause their isn't anything like them! their are a million different dogs or cats, but only one peach and one flower :/ people are weird lol.
mikasi-nightwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:26 pm

mikasi-nightwolf wrote:
TheLittleBlackCat wrote:
mikasi-nightwolf wrote:
So far everyone iv asked do value it at 2.5 Sorbets. :/ Just gotta be pateint to who wants to give me that, or a non for the flower and the sorbet. I beleive in value more then demand cause their was alot of demand talk here, and from now on i go by worth not demand. Others can do what they please, and so can i lol . I beleive in being fair not asking crazy amount for pets you know?

True true, I wasn't saying you couldn't get 2.5 sorbets worth for the flower, I was just saying you might struggle

Sometimes I just don't get the demand with fruit and some more disliked mini-pets.. they're adorable.. it's just a pitty some look like they're rotting and people value them to be so low..

I agree!, I love the peach and he flower, they are so adorable! I honestly think they should be valued higher cause their isn't anything like them! their are a million different dogs or cats, but only one peach and one flower :/ people are weird lol.

That's true

A part of me wonders if they're hated because their so different? But that doesn't make sense mainly as if that was the case, Malk pets would have lower demand, but they don't and are highly sought after.. maybe it's because they're fruit as so people don't consider them a great enough concept to become pets?

TBH I like the fruits also, heck I have a banana and flower of my own that I don't intend on trading unless i get an offer I really like
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikasi-nightwolf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:29 pm

TheLittleBlackCat wrote:

That's true

A part of me wonders if they're hated because their so different? But that doesn't make sense mainly as if that was the case, Malk pets would have lower demand, but they don't and are highly sought after.. maybe it's because they're fruit as so people don't consider them a great enough concept to become pets?

TBH I like the fruits also, heck I have a banana and flower of my own that I don't intend on trading unless i get an offer I really like

If I wasn’t trying to get my dreamie ( non swirl ) I would of never of traded my peach away! It’s so adorable! Next time I ever get one I don’t plan on letting it go.
mikasi-nightwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 pm

mikasi-nightwolf wrote:
TheLittleBlackCat wrote:

That's true

If I wasn’t trying to get my dreamie ( non swirl ) I would of never of traded my peach away! It’s so adorable! Next time I ever get one I don’t plan on letting it go.

I honestly would've loved them if they were slightly more realistic? I love the Peach's design but I don't like the Caterpillar, I live the apple/grapes/banana/pickle/Peapod but I don't like that they're either rotten, sad or both. I love the Cinnabun because it has a cute design but no real twist to it like there is with the others. Hence the reason that I value the Peach at about 2 Sorbets because like me, people don't tend have much of an opinion on them. Sure they may swing more towards liking the Peach than not liking it but they don't genuinely like it either so they may not want to trade for it unless it's a good deal but a non is the height of their demand and not considered a good deal however 1-2 sorbets is. Of course as the value lowers so does the demand which is why I think about the Flower/Spotted Tirbal tier is a suitable spot c:

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leru » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Not related to the Peach but here's all the trades I did for my 8 Zonkeys:

one
    two
    three
    four
    five
    six
    seven (was to a friend, I know that I overpaid by 1-2 nons)
x
will be gone from the 14th - 23rd of feb
zonkey hoarder | characters | trade thread
leru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 am

Hello! please redirect me if this goes somewhere else but I'm trying to understand a bit more about trades and the list so that i can help out more in the "fair trade" thread and have a couple of questions.

Whats the gap between each tier. i understand that its one '09 rare on the advent list and that the gap gets bigger as you go further up the list but how do i work out the gaps further up??

Edit: i do also look at the gaps list but i mean more like if someone offers a few advents for a high september, how do i work out the fairness? and also if someone offers a high september for a low september and a load of rares?? :)

also, how do i work out how many '09 rares a september or mainlist is worth?

Thank you so much for any advice that is given!:) please feel free to leave some more advice to help me help others :mrgreen:

xoxo
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:35 am

LongLiveRegina wrote:Hello! please redirect me if this goes somewhere else but I'm trying to understand a bit more about trades and the list so that i can help out more in the "fair trade" thread and have a couple of questions.

Whats the gap between each tier. i understand that its one '09 rare on the advent list and that the gap gets bigger as you go further up the list but how do i work out the gaps further up??

Edit: i do also look at the gaps list but i mean more like if someone offers a few advents for a high september, how do i work out the fairness? and also if someone offers a high september for a low september and a load of rares?? :)

Thank you so much for any advice that is given!:) please feel free to leave some more advice to help me help others :mrgreen:

xoxo

I can’t exactly help out with understanding the gaps list on the main list as it’s not something I understand myself, lol.

As far as the question about how many o9 rares a September or mainlist is worth, you basically just have to do the math yourself. Starting with a base of what you know, like the red dragon tier is worth 12-16 o9 rares and etc upwards.
However, I mostly discourage set amounts of o9 rares for high September list and mainlist because then it’s becomming way too strict. This is supposed to be a guide and more free flowing than a set stern limit. Most people aren’t going to have a ton of o9 rares for just one mainlist, anyways.

Late edit- My suggestion for the advent and September list would just be to study it and practice with it, that’ll be what helps you the most in trying to understand gaps. Have one tab open on a trade you’re trying to evaluate and one tab with the gaps list. Super helpful. =)
I’ll also add I think it’s super great you’re trying to learn and get the hang of this to help out on the FTT. It just takes practice.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:43 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
LongLiveRegina wrote:Hello! please redirect me if this goes somewhere else but I'm trying to understand a bit more about trades and the list so that i can help out more in the "fair trade" thread and have a couple of questions.

xoxo

I can’t exactly help out with understanding the gaps list on the main list as it’s not something I understand myself, lol.

As far as the question about how many o9 rares a September or mainlist is worth, you basically just have to do the math yourself. Starting with a base of what you know, like the red dragon tier is worth 12-16 o9 rares and etc upwards.
However, I mostly discourage set amounts of o9 rares for high September list and mainlist because then it’s becomming way too strict. This is supposed to be a guide and more free flowing than a set stern limit. Most people aren’t going to have a ton of o9 rares for just one mainlist, anyways.

Late edit- My suggestion for the advent and September list would just be to study it and practice with it, that’ll be what helps you the most in trying to understand gaps. Have one tab open on a trade you’re trying to evaluate and one tab with the gaps list. Super helpful. =)
I’ll also add I think it’s super great you’re trying to learn and get the hang of this to help out on the FTT. It just takes practice.

Thank you so much for the answer! yes i usually have 4 tabs open whenever I'm on here, one for general game play, one if the list, one of the gaps list and one of the C$ worth:)

i completely understand, I've always thought that, but whenever i look at other replies on the FTT, the players seem to know every little detail effortlessly and heres me with a pen and paper trying to do maths on the pets like its some sort of equation :lol:

i will certainly continue to study it ! thank you so much :mrgreen: a lot of information i get is seeing what other players reply with and going by that. i was on a pretty long break from CS until 2 months ago so I'm just starting to get into the swing of it again :lol:

awhh thank you so much for saying that! <3 I'm a natural helper :lol: if i know something about a certain pet or how to work out fair trades, i love to give that knowledge to someone else and make sure they're not being cheated of their pets, which is not a fun feeling! :roll:

Thank you again for the reply, my lovely! I'm gonna go stare at the rares list for 10 hours...R.I.P my social life (:

xoxo
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi! I know the placement of the Peach is being discussed right now, so should we wait to suggest adding certain pets to the list until after that's done?
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm

gallifrey falls. wrote:
    Hi! I know the placement of the Peach is being discussed right now, so should we wait to suggest adding certain pets to the list until after that's done?

The peach is the main discussion

Buuuut..

It mainly depends on what pets you're asking to be put on the list.

If you're referring to the new urs then yes, you should wait as those will be discussed at a later date (they're usually discussed in the august after its release date or later right?)

If you're referring to a random rare (like the shima lt) then it will never be added to the list as it's simply not rare enough (this also includes vr's like the July lioness and august pps, two other pets in which that're simply not rare enough to be list pets)

If you're referring to store pets like the Cheshire Cat, then they'll probably be added eventually as store pets are never ever re released though, like the rares/very rares I've mentioned above, they're simply just not rare enough to be placed on the list as of right now though give it a couple of years and you might end up seeing a couple more old store pets as low advent lists

So which was it you wanted to discuss? Or did you have something other in mind?
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me