Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby Snow's Storm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Just managed to get this little guy! I only have two fennec foxes left to complete my collection, one of which is the UR. I'm getting close!
Snow's Storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Birchii wrote:I've now made my 2018 pet groups, whoop!

Since my goal currently is to collect all pets (excluding store pets and list pets) I've been counting and checking how many I'm missing. I organise my pets by year and species (with smaller species' only having one group). Currently I'm focusing on finishing;

-- Fennecs (Missing 3)
-- Guinea Pigs (Missing 13)
-- Deer (Missing 1)

The pets I'm missing of those are rare+ or in high demand, so this shall be interesting!

Ay nice, good going!! I wish you luck with those 8D

I managed to hit 400 pets remaining today C:

Here's my goals from last year:
    aaron wrote: Do you have a C$ related goal to complete sometime next year? If so, what is it?
    Well collection wise, I kind of have two on-going goals - the first to work down the main list and the second to work backwards through the years - in the hopes that they'll meet some where in the middle someday and I'll be finished. For the first goal I managed to trade for a sunjewel, UR bwolf and moonswirl in 2015 (and was gifted a UR tiger), I traded for the three zebras this year, so in 2017 I'd like to trade for the dogtag, UR cat and one of the UR fruits (either a cucumber or banana). For the other goal I'd love to finally have 2011 all polished off other than URs, since I've been plodding through that year for quite a while now and been near completion for so long!

I did manage to get the dogtag, UR cat and july pps, though I didn't get any of the fruits. I decided to go instead with trying to finish off my store collection, as their rarity will increase differently and I wanted to get them out of the way. I managed to do that aside from 2 pets!
    The only pet I'm missing from 2011 now, other than URs, is still that St. Pat's Day VR tess dragon, unfortunately. I'll nab that sucker one day!!

As for my goals for 2017,
    • I'd like to get the two remaining store pets I need (the jewelled liontail and the clockwork bun)
    • both fruits from the next tier down I need to do (UR banana and cucumber)
    • maybe one of the pets from the tier under that (coontail, sunback or bee)
    • get down to 350 pets remaining, maybe even 300 if I can manage it!!
Last edited by Aaron✦ on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rowlet. » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

oof..... i think i actually do want to start collecting owls! i feel like i can't call myself a bird enthusiast if i don't have at least one of every bird species on CS @v@

missing:
    very rare: one (1)
    rare: seven (7)
    uncommon: eleven (11)
    common & below: thirty (30)

for a total of 49 owls to collect! listing it out like this makes it seem not so bad but most of them are older, haha... ah, well, it wouldn't be much of a goal if it was that easy to accomplish. now, to get to work! [rolls up sleeves]
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    willow | they/ey | adult

your existence is so very important; the
    world would be darker without your light

» cs help » about » hoards » fr » 🌈
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
rowlet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snow's Storm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 pm

I'm half-done collecting the Chinese zodiac dogs. They've been kinda hard to find so far.
Snow's Storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mountain tree » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:18 pm

{ghosting} wrote:

oof..... i think i actually do want to start collecting owls! i feel like i can't call myself a bird enthusiast if i don't have at least one of every bird species on CS @v@

missing:

for a total of 49 owls to collect! listing it out like this makes it seem not so bad but most of them are older, haha... ah, well, it wouldn't be much of a goal if it was that easy to accomplish. now, to get to work! [rolls up sleeves]

good luck to you! I love the owl lineart.
At least none of them are list pets!
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    hi.
    ♀ | isfj | ♊
    sis cous syn fr trade
    seeking store pets & malk smileys
    & wishlist items please c:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    “Some believe it is only great power
    that can hold evil in check, but that is
    not what I have found.
    It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk
    that keep the darkness at bay.
    Small acts of kindness and love."

Gandalf the Grey
mountain tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rowlet. » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:46 pm

mountain tree wrote:
{ghosting} wrote:

- snip! -

good luck to you! I love the owl lineart.
At least none of them are list pets!

aah, thank you! i wasn't too fond of them at first but their art has grown on me X^) and i'm very thankful that none of them are listies, haha! that'd be a nightmare
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    willow | they/ey | adult

your existence is so very important; the
    world would be darker without your light

» cs help » about » hoards » fr » 🌈
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
rowlet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:59 pm

{ghosting} wrote:

missing:

ah good luck!! that was the first species lineart i ever completed (i had the pps gifted to me a few years prior but i hadn't really focused on my collection), and i really didn't find it too difficult!! though i may have had to overpay for some of the '09, was still worth it :) they're all really cute

as for my 2018 goals:
    i have come a longg way this year in terms of store pet collection (when i came back this july after a few years-hiatus i had 4 store pets and now i have 74 (inc. 3 on the list) so!!) but the demand for them is really scaring me off : / i might try to collect the non-list ones and then give up at that but the completionist in me can't so i'll just have to see how that goes!
    i've fully collected two malk species, owls and foxes, and i'm considering going for either koi, betta or wolves next (i am extremely thankful to malk that the only store pets she made are unique lineart so all her species are realistically collectable) but the demand for malk pets is pretty crazy so i'll just have to see
    sadly my fennec fox collection is no longer complete thanks to the ur fox (i was worried this would happen loool) but i'm not too concerned about getting it yet as i'm sure demand will die down - so for now i'm going to pretend that it doesn't exist and i still have a full fennec fox collection woo
    my 2017 collection is also not complete thanks to the ur fox and peas but again...they don't exist
    i've also made good progress on my 2010 and 2011 collection so i think i'm gonna keep at that next year (just ignoring the store pets
    bc demand is only gonna grow unless the new rares list changes anything but)
    i'm also not sure about finishing my lion collection as i'm missing 1 or 2 rare '09 lions as i traded them off as well as the fireworks/july lioness/august pps - i'm more focused on trading than collecting atm so all my progress is really fluctating haha
    but anyway so far the species i've completed are: squid, owl, fennec, monkey, chameleon, malk fox, guinea pig and trees - it's going to be interesting to look back on my progress at the end of this year!
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Well guys, I did it! ~2,000 pets later, I finally reorganized my collection. I guess that's what you get for going on a two year hiatus hahaha!

2018 Goals:
[✔] Organize Pets
[] Organize hoards
[] Start new hoards?
[] Organize a new trade thread to initiate my hunt for missing pets
[] Re-complete Collection
⬩ UR Pets
⮡ [] Peach [] Fennec Fox
⬩ Store Pets
⮡ []'16 []'17
⬩ Easter
⮡ []'16 []'17
⬩ Summer Event
⮡ []'16 []'17
⬩ Halloween
⮡ []'16 []'17
⬩ Christmas
⮡ [✓]'15 []'16 []'17
⬩ Regular Adopts
⮡ []'16 []'17

In terms of working on my collection, I think I would like to knock off all of the missing store pets first. I have enough fodder to trade for them, however, I'm not sure if I can find individuals with mass quantities of the ones I need. For example,
I have Mid-September list pets that (per some people I talked to) are worth all of the '16 and '17 store pets combined. Just not sure someone would be willing to do a trade like that.
After I finish the store pets, I'll focus on the holiday pets I missed. Pretty bummed I couldn't participate in so many events, it really set me behind in my collection.

@horchata- The demand for the old store pets is terrifying. It's the one thing that made my jaw drop coming back from my hiatus!
I am grateful I have been around for a long time, since I was able to trade for them reasonably when they first came out.
Links wrote:Wishlist
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

Currently Seeking wrote:Image
"The Stars in the Sky"
Goal: 11/20

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spooky; » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:37 pm

guys
Send me good vibes.
I have entered a give away for a patchwork dog.

One of my most major dreamies.

I tried to fill out my form as best I could but its really not like amazing... But I seriously would just die to win honestly. Please just keep your fingers crossed for me.

I know dreamies kinda dont count as a collection but it kinda can I guess... ;-;

╔══════════════════╗
100 Rare/Very Rare Giveaway!
╚══════════════════╝

spooky;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me