Help with Rarities

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Help with Rarities

Postby monochromia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:38 am

hiii
This will never happen, but if someone has for example every single one of these:
will this pet be omgsr but only one person has it, but they have a lot of them? Or is it how many there are out there, regardless of how many each person has?

Does that make sense? If it doesn't I'll try and explain it better ;3;
── ɴᴏ ʀᴀɪɴ, ɴᴏ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀꜱ
┌──────────────┐

snickers snickers snickers snickers
cows cows cows cows cows cows
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
tia 1x1 giveaway credit: nk

└──────────────┘
monochromia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help with Rarities

Postby Shinryu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:21 am

jeon.jungkook wrote:hiii
This will never happen, but if someone has for example every single one of these:
will this pet be omgsr but only one person has it, but they have a lot of them? Or is it how many there are out there, regardless of how many each person has?

Rarities are calculated by comparing the total number of active accounts to the number of pets that exist on said accounts.
    The system checks how many pets are in circulation, but it doesn't differentiate between who owns them, other than checking if the account is active or inactive.
    So if one user had every single one of a specific pet and they were an active player, the pet's rarity would still be the same as it would be if the pets belonged to different users. If they went inactive, however, the rarity would change, as the system would consider these pets to no longer be available.
    Hope that explains it!

You can find a longer explanation by Nick here

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help with Rarities

Postby monochromia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:17 am

ZΕL wrote:
jeon.jungkook wrote:hiii

Rarities are calculated by comparing the total number of active accounts to the number of pets that exist on said accounts.
    The system checks how many pets are in circulation, but it doesn't differentiate between who owns them, other than checking if the account is active or inactive.
    So if one user had every single one of a specific pet and they were an active player, the pet's rarity would still be the same as it would be if the pets belonged to different users. If they went inactive, however, the rarity would change, as the system would consider these pets to no longer be available.
    Hope that explains it!

You can find a longer explanation by Nick here

yeeet thank you <333 xoxo
── ɴᴏ ʀᴀɪɴ, ɴᴏ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀꜱ
┌──────────────┐

snickers snickers snickers snickers
cows cows cows cows cows cows
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
tia 1x1 giveaway credit: nk

└──────────────┘
monochromia

My pets