✧✦A Glass Half Full✦✧ (DNP)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Bedroom - Glass' Pet

Postby Yugi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:39 am

You decided to take a closer inspection at the area Glass dedicated for his beloved pet bird.

All of the supplies and equipment for taking care of his winged friend was on the opposite side from his bed. Everything was nestled together nicely, and appeared to be recently cleaned. There was a medium sized white bird cage taking up most of the space; food, cleaning supplies, and various toys sat below the bird's housing. The bird itself was fairly small, barely taking up any room in the cage; it was a male cockatiel, and his wings were neatly clipped to prevent him from flying around and hurting himself. There were a lot of dangerous areas for a bird to be in Glass' apartment, specifically the two fans that decorated the ceilings in his bedroom and the living room.

"This little guy is Peyo," Glass said, opening up the bird's cage and allowing the bird to climb onto his finger. "He's a friendly little guy, and he loves meeting new people. He's pretty vocal too, so don't worry if he starts chirping; it's just his way of saying that he likes you."

Glass offered you the bird by extending his hand out to you. You cupped your hands and allowed the small cockatiel to climb up onto you; he was surprisingly gentle, and his clipped talons made his grip less painful. Peyo tilted his head as he looked up at you, which looked absolutely adorable. He whistled and clicked his beak before resting comfortably on the palm of your hands.

"Are you fine with him being on your shoulder? He'll probably preen your mane, but he doesn't pull hard and he doesn't bite. I can move him for you if you'd like; that way, your arms won't get tired from holding him out like that."

You nodded in response; you were a bit nervous about it all, but you trusted Glass completely. He wouldn't try to lie to you, so you allowed him to transfer Peyo onto your shoulder, next to your head. Glass scooped up the bird quickly and easily with his own hands and settled the cockatiel down on top of you. Peyo repeated the same movements, carefully analyzing what had just happened and where he was now before fluffing up and relaxing. He didn't try to preen you yet.

With your hands free, you could now easily look at the inside of the bird's cage. The bottom tray was lined with freshly placed sheets of old newspaper that Glass had recycled; there were a few shells of seeds Peyo had eaten displaced on top of it. On the sides of the cage were fake branches, allowing for the small bird to perch, rest, and climb around. A food bowl filled with nutritious seeds and a water bowl were also placed nearby each other for the bird to use. Small toys made out of wooden popsicle sticks decorated the top area of the cage; they appeared to be handmade by Glass, as you certainly haven't seen anything like them before at pet stores. There was also a few other toys made out of paper cupcake holders that Peyo could rip apart if he chose to do so. The cage also featured a fluffy, triangular bird bed that hanged from the ceiling of the cage. It was placed far away from the bird's play and eating area to ensure that it wouldn't get too messy.

You backed away from examining the pet's cage, noticing that Peyo was starting to move around and preen both you and himself. Glass was correct in saying that the small bird was incredibly gentle; the pet was so timid that it seemed like it was afraid of hurting you. You began to ask Glass about the pet; you wanted to know how he got him.

"Peyo was actually a gift to me from Beat; we both love birds, and I always wanted to own one myself seeing that she had her bird, Inki. She surprised me with this guy a few days after I returned back to San Francisco, as she saw how worn down I was. She spent every day for an entire month visiting me to help care for Peyo as I struggled with taking care of him on my own," Glass said, petting the bird's head as it stood on your shoulder. "She helped me carry him to this apartment when I moved out from my relative's home shortly after. I don't think I would have been able to keep him if it weren't for her help."

You thought it was cute at how friendly and nice Beat was to Glass, especially going out of her way to ensure that he would be able to enjoy something he loves. Your next question for Glass involved the bird's name; why did he choose Peyo?

"Peyo was a name that came to me after seeing the him for the first time; he was so small and gray, that he resembled tiny pebbles or stones. Beat got him when he was fairly young, so that way he could bond with me a bit easier. There's just something about the name that rings true with this little guy."

Looking at the bird now, he really did resemble a gray rock in terms of his colors. It was a cute name, indeed, anyways, regardless if the bird fit the name's meaning completely. You began to ask Glass about the bird's temperament.

"He's always been super sweet and shy; regardless of how many people I introduce him to, he's always the same. He gets along well with Beat's bird, but I'm afraid to bring any other birds into his cage, as I don't completely know how he'll react to them. Besides, I don't have any plans on getting another bird, as Peyo is the perfect pet for me right now," Glass said, picking up the bird off of your shoulder and holding it close to his face. "Like I said before, he really does like to talk though. He's pretty curious when it comes to learning about everything, but he doesn't like to approach things head first. He'd rather wait patiently to see if everything is safe. That's also one of the reasons why I decided to clip his wings too; I would love for him to learn how to fly, but I know he'd be terrified to do so, especially in this home. Beat lets Inki fly, even though I'd prefer for her bird to not do so when they're over here, but Peyo holds no particular interest in flying. He'd rather sing and bounce around where he's safe on the firm ground below him."

You watched Glass put his pet back into his cage; the bird chirped happily as it bounded towards its food.

You decided that was all for Glass' pet area. Where do you want to explore now?
Glass' Bed
Glass' Closet
Glass' Desk Area

Or, perhaps you would like to go back and tour the other areas instead?
Living Room
Kitchen And Dining Area
Last edited by Yugi on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Glass' House - End

Postby Yugi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:45 am

The two of you headed back towards Glass' living room; the tour had took a majority of the day, and it was already 5:30 in the evening when it was finished. You felt yourself become hungry, once again, and you were thankful that he was letting you stay for the night. It was far too late to start prepping to cook a meal for the both of you, as Glass had only went out to buy ingredients for the ramen he had made for lunch. Dinner was made up of pizza the two of you had ordered over the phone, which arrived 20 minutes after ordering.

Glass encouraged you to sit at the dining table as he ran to go get the food delivery outside the apartment's gates. You listened to him, and patiently sat on one of the cushioned folding chairs. During the tour, he had pulled out extra blankets and pillows, and he was beginning on transforming the couch in the living room into a temporary bed for you to sleep in. The clutter that covered the couch was moved onto the floor, somewhat neatly stacked below the table. You opened up your plastic water bottle and drank from it, feeling a bit famished.

Before long, Glass returned back with two boxes of pizza in his hands, and he sat them on the dining table for you to enjoy. The two of you ate together at the table, continuing your conversations about catching up with each other. You shared personal details about your life, while he provided you with all of his. Laughs were shared all throughout that evening, and the delicious local pizza made everything even better. It was refreshing to see Glass like his old self again, as you were concerned about him being changed by learning the harsh realities of the world; you always wanted to see him protected from it as he had a good soul. You were glad to see that he didn't allow himself to be jaded, as you couldn't picture Glass being the total opposite of his generous self.

After the two of you finished up dinner, he went ahead and began to clean up before continuing on making your temporary bed. You had asked him if it was possible to watch a movie or two with him, and he happily agreed to do so. You selected a few of your favorite movies for Glass to put on; it was an enjoyable time for the both of you. The movies that you both decided to watch were humorous in nature, so it left you both with a good, happy feeling. Before long, it was time to shut down everything and finally sleep.

In the morning, you awoke to find him preparing breakfast for you; he was already up and dressed. The morning didn't phase him one bit, which could be seen by the joyful spring in his step. The scent of pancakes, fresh fruit, and coffee could be smelled from miles away. He placed a plate of the homemade breakfast on the coffee table nearby your makeshift bed, letting you know that you could eat whenever you were ready to do so. As tempting as staying under the warm blankets was, you felt yourself get mightily hungry for the pancakes in front of your face.

When the time came around for you to depart, you both hugged each other tightly. Before you could leave his apartment, Glass had requested to take a photo with you, so that way he could continue on remembering this time. He admitted that he felt bad not having that many photos of him with his other friends, specifically the ones that he couldn't see all that often. You happily agreed, and he snapped a photo of you and him with his phone, quickly sending you a message with the picture attached.

You left the apartment complex, waving goodbye to your dear friend. You two would meet again soon, one day, and you were excited to see him another time.
Last edited by Yugi on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Credits

Postby Yugi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:49 am

All art featuring the viscet were done by me.

All characters listed in his relationships also belong to me; the art used for their head shot images were done by me over the years.

Shout out to TenguInari for reading over my form to make sure that my grammar and spelling mistakes were few; I know I had quite a bunch of errors, so thank you for helping me find them and correct them with me!
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me