Viscet #1388 by milo.

Based on Click to view
Artist milo. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1388

Postby milo. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 am

shoo fly, don't boooothhherr me ~ shoo fly, don't booothherrr meee ~!

i've always loved the greens and seagreen's of iridescence-- plus i love puns
    so i thought, omg. a horsefly. get it?? eh? eehh??

username: Mareep
name: Lenore (Len)

this will be a particular ITEM competition!

this horsefly is without wings! perhaps a little harness will fit nicely!
    maybe some winged necklaces will make them feel more complete? a hat with propellers??
    design any type of items you like, but i would like the theme to stay as close to wings or flying as possible

*note the wings do not have to be fly wings-- it can be any kind of wing!

i'd also like to hear about their favourite hobby in 400 words or more!

hey guess what?? -- i want a song too! you should have expected this by now, right?
    i want to try and guess their personality from the song and hobby combined!

prettying up is encouraged, but isn't necessary. play with the skeleton form as you please!

RULES
    - be kind, have fun!
    - what's their favourite hobby? i want 400 words at least!
    - what winged or flying items do they have??
    - any song to fit their personality!
    - comp will end May 4th !!

Code: Select all
    [b]username:[/b]
    [b]name:[/b]
    [b]gender:[/b]
    [b]favourite hobby:[/b] ( 400 words )
    [b]item(s):[/b]
    [b]personality song:[/b]

mutations
hooves - event rare
antennae - roaming trait
Last edited by milo. on Thu May 18, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1388

Postby onionraptor » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:21 am

username: Mimi-Chan~
name: Mantis
favourite hobby: Mantis' favorite hobby is to train with his Katana made of Jade. His weapon is based off of the Praying Mantis's arms that appear to be its way of surviving.
item(s): Jade Katana
personality song: The Time Of Your Life by Randy Newman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaOhaxka8g

Last edited by onionraptor on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

━ THOUGHTS ━
┌─────────┐
#1 / #2 / #3 / #4 /

└────────┘
━ WASH AWAY ━

● ● ● ● ●
░░░░░░
━━━━

┌──────┐
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text

└──────┘
━━━━

onionraptor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:23 am

what a darling design omg

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:33 am

Gender for breeding purposes:Female

Did Someone Call The For a Spaceship?
Flea, that's what they call me when I'm delivering cargo for a interstellar gardening company. Loading up giant plant's that could swallow up a viscet hole to teeny walking shamrocks...and believe me those little things like to pick my pockets more the my crew mates. Since when have they ever been lucky? But that ain't the point. The point is my ship, it's my baby. I've been building and building it ever since I busted from my egg and got my peony hands on a electronic wrench. I call her the Beauty because golly, she is everything but beautiful, dent's and scratches and dents galore but hey, she is my baby girl. Well sort a gotta another baby girl. I want her to notice me but she is never around me enough. Her name is Ronny, a lean viscet with wild rock star like hair. She is a on site doctor for our shop. And let me tell ya, she had the magic touch. But your not aloud to even look at got it!

My Items
Well of course I got my trusty space jacket,a little worn and torn but she's a classic.The uniform had been passed down to captain to captain.The company I work for is a plant delivery service from small little garden jobs to replanting a entire planet in need.So my uniform is very important to me

What's a captin without her space ship huh.Oh she's a real beauty.A limited edition quatom X,probably never heard of it but whatever.Any who she can make the jump to hyper space in about three minutes and can reach other galaxy's in a couple days.She's fast.She's reliable,she is my space ship.

Now if you ever tell her this I'll gut you..but I keep these small ketchup packets that me and Ronny shared on our first..how ya say.Lunch date.May sound stupid but it's mine.And if you take it you and I will have a big problem

Lastly and finally I have lol my little cactus babies.They are my one true friends in this cold and unforgiving vacuum of space.I love them so much that I change there pots every week.One may call it being Obsessed but I call it respecting Mother Nature and all her wonderful dessert plants.But I only like cactus,any other plants just make me sneeze and make me want to punch it.Expecially those dang walking shamrocks,I hate them the most

Characters I'm using for my forum
Ronny

Art Archive
I'm the captain

The items and the main paragraph is a total of 400+ words and give a in depth look on there personality and setting
Last edited by tiny little box on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:49 am

username: WolfwithWings38
name: Kara Trent
favourite hobby: ( 400 words ) My favorite hobby is taking care of horses! I have a huge ranch with a ton of horses and I make sure that they're well taken care of and loved by me. It all started when I first saw a horse in person, and I remember how majestic it was to be able to pet and feed a horse for the first time and a couple weeks later I got to ride that horse and that was majestic too! The horse's name was Rain, because it was smokey colored and a little bit of white so it looked like a pattern of rain clouds plus Rain like playing and running in the rain! I'll never forget those times with Rain and my step bro Chris, even though I still get to see them to this day! My first ever horse I had ever taken care of was a female horse that was white with brown, black, and grey spots with a beige, black, and white head and her name was Chex Mix. She was very hard to train at first, but then she eventually lightened up and we became really close and we had lots of fun together plus we always played games and we were the best of pals! But sadly she died 2 years ago from old age and I'm still grieving over it.... But I have 8 new horses that I take care of every single day and I love them to pieces! Also I have some caretakers to sometimes help with my horses, but mostly I can take care of them on my own, the caretakers are to only help unless I say or if things get way out of hand! Like for example if my horse Larry went bonkers and destroyed some furniture and other things, they'd of course have to help me to get Larry to calm down and other stuff like that. One of the care takers I have crush on, his name is Jess, but he doesn't seem to like me the same way and he has a crush on one of my other care takers, Sara and it makes me jealous and angry (don't worry I'm not a yandere) because I feel like all I ever did was show him kindness and all he does is ignore me and he only pays attention to Sara, I mean me and Jess talk and sometimes make a few jokes, but that's it! Jess only gives his full attention, kindness, and flirts all to Sara, which me and Sara don't get along sometimes and I'm starting to hate her guts and soul which doesn't help the situation at ALL! But I try to focus mostly on the horses and the times me and Jess have talked, but it just makes me a little sad sometimes, but usually my horses make me feel better and I move on with my day... Larry is a hyper horse and his colors are grey, black, and white which are spots and I usually need help calming him down with Tom and Jess, rarely Sara helps (Just between you and me, I want to fire Sara and replace her with another girl, but the only reason I didn't is because I know it'll hurt Jess) But what Sara does help me with is the placing of the hay, giving them water, grooming them and helping with Tom for keeping them warm (on winter nights or cold nights) and secure at night... 585 words instead of 400
item(s):
#1: Tail keychain thing with an airplane charm, full Pegasus charm (Includes pegasus wings ofc), my horse Chex Mix but with a halo and angle wings charm, and a hat with Pegasus feet and wings charm.
#2 She wears a harness that is brown with black stripes and has tiny pastel red pegasus wings and it also has retro vintage buttons.
(in case you don't have an idea for the retro vintage buttons, here's some ideas https://cloud.graphicleftovers.com/1651 ... uttons.jpg, https://www.colourbox.com/preview/31985 ... uttons.jpg, this one's cool https://www.josyrose.com/upload/cache/7 ... 70x270.jpg, so is this one http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... yIcoBQ.jpg, https://img1.etsystatic.com/136/0/57795 ... 1_juev.jpg, https://3.imimg.com/data3/HY/QV/MY-1012 ... 00x500.jpg, http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/li ... s-l225.jpg, and lastly https://img1.etsystatic.com/146/0/12057 ... 1_bqq5.jpg and of course you don't have to follow any of these ones because they're just examples!)
personality song: Every storm runs out of rain by Gary Allan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ_Bnu_RbQM

Last edited by WolfwithWings38 on Thu May 04, 2017 10:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:40 am

hey all! it was brought to my attention that the items thing MAY be a little confusing in the portrayal aspect of it--

i'm leaving it up to individual interpretation! if you want to draw the items, draw them!
    wanna use words in describing them? do so!
    wanna find pics off the internet? by all means!

i'm also going to be adding these items to your ref at the end of the competition!

thanks guys! good luck! c:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Thu May 04, 2017 4:47 am

one day warning, guys.

if an extension is needed, please let me know c:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fromage » Fri May 05, 2017 12:18 am

username: Mareep
name: Lenore(Len)
favourite hobby:
Lenore's all-time favorite hobby and past time is spell practicing and utilizing them, as well going out to try to find the plants she needed to make the recipes. It all started when she bumped into a large, purple viscet with a tailmouth, who turned around to acknowledge her, and then started to move her paws around rapidly. Naturally, Len was confused, until the tailmouth moved around and started talking.

"She says her name is Harlow, and mine's Wicker! Thanks for not introducing me, Hari! Also, she wants to know what type of witch you are?" Lenore quickly remembered that viscets with tailmouths are commonly known as magic users, but her? Is she a magic user? She shook her head in response, her antennae bobbing with the movement.

Again, Harlow moved her paws around before grabbing Len's and started walking. "Hari says- wuhuh! Hari! Stop walking so fast! You know it makes me dizzy!" The purple viscet didn't cease her pace, and Wicker plopped his head on the green viscet's shoulder, to which she wrapped her arm around him to provide more support. "Thanks, buddy. You're my new buddy, eat that Hari."

After they'd paid for a ticket and got on a train, Wicker continued to translate Harlow's signings. Lenore discovered that she was misunderstood as a magic user due to her antennas and hooves, they were an old myth thing that the purple viscet thought no longer existed. The title that usually is known with viscets who has those two traits together is 'flora witch', which meant using flora stuff such as flowers in spells. Lenore, at that point, was extremely interested in embracing that and rediscovering herself.

To this day, she still practices and activating spells, and it was even more fun with her mentor, Harlow there to guide her. Lenore also found it easier to memorize the spells by writing it all down in her spell book after Hari taught them to her, but she still had difficulty remembering what term is what plant. Thus, she pressed as many herbs as possible to every page that she needed to remember quicker and easier. Even when not needed, she still makes an overabundance of potions, it was so enthralling to follow the steps and have the contents of cauldron explode, in a sign of it being successful. Sure, there has been a few spell failures, but it motivated her to practice more and more, it was literally her favorite thing in the world to do- just doing magic things and sitting down to spend a bit of time on her spell book.

Not even Harlow, the grey witch, can stop her from her madness. However, the viscet was at least able to convince Lenore to use those potions for good, such as making too much healing potions and then hand them away at a hospital. Just between you and her, making only healing potions is boring. So she took it a step further, and invented insta-grow potions for those wilting gardens or lemon tree sprouts, a throwing vine potion to capture the baddies from the skies on her trusty broomstick to help Farah out, and such. It was exciting to see the smiles and receive a 'thank you' from them. All her life, growing up was dull, she was always stomped on and thrown aside by her parents for not excelling in school or even beauty. But hey! She doesn't have to succeed in school, or follow beauty standards, to be a life saving and helpful witch!

item(s): (Click for full image)
Image Image

personality song: xXxXx
Last edited by fromage on Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
      editing profile soon
fromage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Fri May 05, 2017 4:06 am

a request for extension!

this competition will end on May 8th at 12am PST !
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Tue May 09, 2017 12:17 pm

username: ~Prophecy~
    name: Tucker

favourite hobby:
The typical nighttime photo is equipped with a flash to brighten things up, or with background exposures using man-made light from our streets or houses so we can see the subject of the photo. The big dark sky above us at night seems to offer little that we can see or photograph in most places, but that's not the case in Siren. Living in the small, old-fashioned town of Siren, candles are used alongside lightbulbs and electricity. Phones are usually used for contacting family and friends outside the town, since everyone living there seems to enjoy face to face speaking more than texting. This means light pollution is low and the night sky is beautiful. Perfect for Astrophotography. There is a whole world- a whole universe of opportunity for photos. Astrophotos don't require billions of dollars or a ride in a Space Shuttle, they just require a nice camera and a cloudless night. For Tucker... the rotation of earth making the stars move is a bit of a challenge since he often has to retake photos, which means he has to change things up. He doesn't mind since the slow, new photography options make up for it. Tucker was a natural with a camera. He got the hang of adjusting the settings and finding the best ones very quickly, and he already had the patience.
Star-Trail images, ones captured that give stars long trails because of the movement on the axis, are some of Tucker's favorites to get. They look abstract in a way, and certainly wouldn't seem real if you were unaware of the process of how these images came to be. Any background is instantly cool with them, you can have beautiful tree silhouette, a sunset over an ocean, a mountain range, or a plain concrete building- it'll look cool! Thats why Tucker is always happy, the most patient, and super careful when getting these images. Tucker built a "Barn Door" mount early in his days of experimenting for capturing good still images, and is always improving it to further boost the quality of his photos.
Tucker is usually very serious with his hobby, and spends his time alone taking pictures. He doesn't usually mess around, but you know... everyone has those few times where you already have something accomplished and don't need to do it again or finished their work early, so you mess around. Well, Tucker amuses himself (during the times he doesn't want to get more sleep) by zooming in as far has he can on star clusters and nebulae and make them have conversation, this... happens mostly when he is going crazy from sleep deprivation. For example, he once zoomed in to one star an said in a british accent "Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred," then to another, "what is it, Jerry?" Then back to the first: "So, Jupiter came down to Earth one day and helped these two criminals plan this bank robbery. Anyway, so the robbers both got caught and after the judge sentenced the two earthlings to fifteen years behind bars, Jupiter was a bit shocked as he also was arrested and got a ten year sentence himself. “But your honour. I didn’t even take part in the robbery!” said Jupiter. “Well, you didn't rob the bank” replied the judge. There was a short pause. “But you did help them Planet!”"

items:
1) A dark grey, near black, felt fedora with a royal purple under lining. Two brown bird feathers, thought to be from a hawk, are stuck into the black ribbon lining. Tucker wears this hat to parties, events, and just casualty strolls. He is careful not to dirty it up, and tends to leave it behind when he is out for his nighttime activities.

2) A smooth, thin iron chain that holds a small silver arrow pendant, a tiny pearl heart, and a dark purple Charoite dragon-wing shaped pendant. Tucker holds a special reason to each pendant, but only selectively tells others of the meanings. He wears this necklace a lot, and when he doesnt, it has a beautiful, intricately designed box that it can comfortably be kept it.

personality song:
    Owl City's "Galaxies"

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me