Not Quite an Office Sitcom (Accepting!)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Not Quite an Office Sitcom (Accepting!)

Postby AssassinPerson » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Harvey Corrigan | Male | Barista | Tags: Daniel
He was hoping that Daniel hadn't seen his smile faulted for a moment, though he did recognize the 18-year-old upon hearing his voice "Oh, yeah, I am! I'm here, with the order" he glances about before asking "So, how've you been enjoying your time at Peraza?" he then asks. It's a question he has wanted to ask but never really found the chance "I've been here a while so I'm used to what happens each day, and you've not been here for that long, though you do seem to be holding up real well"
AssassinPerson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Daniel Ashcroft
18|Male
Intern
Tagged: Harvey
"Well, can't really complain," Daniel answered, "Even though it's not quite what I expected, I do have to admit I'm enjoying the experience and I'm glad everyone's let me be a part of their group." Daniel briefly had a thoughtful look cross his face, before continuing, "Sometimes I wish we'd have a calm day, even just once, but I guess it just wouldn't be the same, huh?"
Taking another look at the containers Harvey was carrying, then remembering he was still holding the glass, Daniel smiled "I'd offer to help you carry one of those, but I've got to take a detour to the kitchen before I can go back to the office..."
Eventually, the lift reached its destination, and Daniel gave a wave at Harvey, before returning the glass to the kitchen, making sure to give it a wash first, and taking the walk back to the office.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby encia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 pm

tewaku akiyama // female // twenty-five // antagonist's sibling // tags; -
    tewaku silently watched as janet take the post-it note and walk away. how rude. she thought, her eyes following janet for a bit before she decided to look back at her computer screen. "even though my sibling's not here, they still choose not to interact with me." the female mumbled to herself quietly. "perhaps because they dislike my sibling and me." she continued to write the report she was working on, trying to kill time while waiting for her order.
encia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nwah » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:04 am

Janet Wood
28|Lesbian|Woman
WLW 1
Tags: Open
Janet sat back in her chair and waited for Harvey to give her an update on their order. "Caffeinated reinforcements are on their way," she joked to the rest of the office after his message popped up on her screen. She decided to get some more work done in the meanwhile knowing there was going to be a meeting later that day. Fiddling with another trinket on her desk, a small piece of pyrite, she opened the e-mail application on her computer and started responding to the most urgent. Janet was working among a few of her other coworkers on expanding the company's social media presence although she conducted most of her work over the phone. To her it felt more personal, especially to more traditional clients.

Cassandra Fischer
37|Bi|Woman
The Stoic
Tags: Tewaku
Cassandra liked that her desk was towards the back of the office because it made it very easy to keep tabs on everyone. She noticed that Tewaku was still focused on her work and hadn't caused any trouble at all today. Where was her sibling? Even though Tewaku wasn't the mastermind of most of their schemes Cassandra remained suspicious. Getting up to retrieve some files she had sent to the printer, Cassandra decided to ask her about it. "I see it's just you in the office today," she said with little emotion. "It's remarkable that you both managed to get hired, most people do not work with their siblings." She was purposefully ambiguous with whether she meant that as something insulting.

Derek Martin
33|Queer|Man
Protagonist
Tags: Theo
Derek kept telling himself internally not to say anything weird, which was hard because he was now overanalysing the expression on Theo's face. "Yes, healthier!" he said almost too enthusiastically. "They say people that work in office settings where they sit a lot should stand every thirty minutes to an hour. I was thinking about asking Rico if I could try a standing desk but I think we're kept on our toes enough as it is..." His pile of work on his desk was still looming over him and he tried to justify why he was standing there without being too awkward. "And I have a lot of sitting to do," he said pointing at his desk, "so I figure a few minutes until Harvey arrives with our drinks will help not ruin everything I work for at the gym." Derek realized he was just talking on and on about himself. "You've been looking great, do you work out or anything?" Suddenly he wished he had just gone back to his desk.
nwah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:43 am

Theodore Locke
26|Male
Love Interest
Tagged: Derek.
Theo, obviously oblivious to Derek's train of thought, laughed slightly at Derek's enthusiasm. He pursed his lips for a moment, then said, "Well, I'm sure if you get together a few people who also want one, then I bet Rico would trial one or two... maybe even design his own for the next catalog!" he looked over at the desk, and shook his head at the pile of work. "I think you wouldn't have to do so much sitting if you didn't make yourself take on so much work," he stated, with a slight shrug. At Derek's compliment, Theo blushed slightly, and broke eye contact, thinking, 'What?' but he smiled again, and looked back up at him, "Oh. Thank you. Cycling, and rowing, mostly. Gotta keep my physique in check ready for Broadway," he made his last statement sound as though it was a joke, and exhaled sharply. He didn't believe that it was going to be possible for him, though that didn't stop him from daydreaming of it. "What about you?" he then asked. "What do you do?"

Enrique Peraza
38|Male
The Boss
Tagged: Open.
After just a few minutes of what he considered decent work, Rico decided to take a short break that consisted of him standing up, wandering around his office a few times, then he sat back down. Then, he had another bright idea - he brought up the PowerPoint that had the presentation of the meeting for today on, and he decided to review it, and make sure that all the details were correct and there were no spelling or punctuation mistakes. He was certain that if he left any of those in, then it would inevitably be spoken about by the employees. During this careful review, his got a phonecall, which - as he found out when he picked up the phone and greeted the caller - was from one of his clients, a small recording business.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AssassinPerson » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Harvey Corrigan | Male | Barista | Tags: Everybody.
Nodding at Daniel, Harvey made his walk to the office, bursting through the door yelling "I HOPE YOU ARE THIRSTY!" before setting the container on the table "I hope I'm not too late, I took the lift" he had a grin on his face as he spoke, clearly happy to be doing his job. Harvey then opens the top of it and sorts out each food item first, feeling glad that he had labelled boxes for each of them. "So, what've you guys been doing so far?" he then asks "Anything interesting? I do notice that somebody seems to be missing today, though"
AssassinPerson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby encia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:53 am

tewaku akiyama // female // twenty-five // antagonist's sibling // tags; cassandra
    tewaku blinked, hearing cassandra's voice. is she trying to insult me, or...? she thought. it's funny how she decided to interact with me. probably curious where my sibling went. the female turned to look at cassandra. "it's just me in the office. so what?" she grumbled, turning to look back at her report. tewaku soon looked up from her computer screen, hearing harvey's voice. huh, he's finally here. she thought. seems that he's probably noticed my sibling's not here.
encia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:20 am

Elizabeth Griffins
27|Female
Gamer
Tagged: Open
Elizabeth had continued working on checking through the catalog, occasionally taking a moment to watch her coworkers walking around the office, half listening to the conversations going on around her. Just as she finished typing up an email with notes for the designers, Harvey burst in. She gave a smile back at him, before hitting send on her email, then spinning her chair round and leaning back "Oh, you know, the usual" she answered, vaguely "...I've been checking over the new catalog, before we get it distributed, I'm sure everyone else has been busy with their own stuff... And then an exciting meeting after lunch! But anyway, you bring anything good?"

Daniel Ashcroft
18|Male
Intern
Tagged: Open
Daniel had finally made it back to their office, making a much quieter entrance compared to Harvey's. As he passed Harvey, he gave a smile and a nod, wandering over to his desk. Pulling his chair out, he paused, remembering that Rico had asked him to remind the others of the meeting. "'Scuse me all..." he started, waiting until he felt he had everyone's attention, "I know we probably already know, but Enrique wanted me to remind everyone about the meeting after lunch." (To which Liz smiled and gave a thumbs up) Having passed on the message, Dan sat back at his desk, trying to find something to busy himself with, but simply straightening up everything.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nwah » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Janet Wood
28|Lesbian|Woman
WLW 1
Tags: Open
Janet finished typing up the first e-mail response and forwarded several more to the departments that could address them. With Harvey just arriving she didn't want to be distracted while on the phone or delve into a task requiring her full focus. She kept herself occupied with light work until Harvey burst through the door. Jan spun around in her chair eagerly anticipating her drink that she ordered with more espresso than the average person would probably find reasonable. She put the pyrite back on her desk and tried to clear off a space between all of her non-work related trinkets and actual work supplies. Janet gave Daniel a polite nod in response to his reminder about the meeting later that day.

Cassandra Fischer
37|Bi|Woman
The Stoic
Tags: Tewaku
Cassandra's face remained continuously expressionless as if Tewaku's sharp response didn't phase her, seeing as neither of them had reputations in the office for being particularly social or kind. At the same time she knew it wouldn't benefit herself or her career to try to start something, she was simply being nosy after all. "So if I learned anything from Enrique's employee bonding speeches it's that it shouldn't be surprising for you that we take notice," Cassandra said frowning slightly before turning to head to the printer. Can't fault her for keeping to herself, she thought. She paused for a moment to make sure everything was correct. Satisfied, Cassandra headed back towards Tewaku's desk on the way to hers, the sound of her heels following her through the office.

Derek Martin
33|Queer|Man
Protagonist
Tags: Theo
Derek laughed quietly at Theodore's remarks about their boss, nodding in agreement. "You're totally right," he said with a bright smile. Looking over at his own desk as well he let out a joking groan. "Turns out not being able to say no might be my kryptonite," Derek said joking around but being truthful at the same time. He shook work out of his mind for a moment and gave Theo his complete attention as he spoke. "Oh really? I had no idea that was something you're interested in," he remarked with interest at Theo's Broadway comment, "Apparently I need to start talking to you guys about more than just work! Right now I'm just focusing on getting stronger with my weightlifting, but that sounds like way more fun. Cycling is one of those things I've always been interested in yet never try. Like camping..." As Harvey came into the office with Daniel following suit he realized he could spend the entire work day standing there talking to him. Derek reminded himself to wait for their drinks to be unpacked and not keep them both from their work.
nwah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AssassinPerson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Harvey Corrigan | Male | Barista | Tags: Everybody
"I'll start with the drinks, it's easier that way" he says, getting out two of the takeout cups, reading the labels, and then he looks up at the group "Theo and... Derek" he states as he sees the two at the same desk, and then he walks over and gives them their drinks "Janet, here is yours" he says, passing hers to her. "Dan, here is your hot chocolate" and he goes around with the rest of the drinks, announcing which person he was going to so they were alerted before he got there. And then he went around with the food items that had either been requested or that he thought any one of the people there might like.
AssassinPerson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me