Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.7 (Reminder p.21)

Postby Rooster Cult » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:08 am

9/10
I really like it, and the story is very interesting.
from that kind of character, I would expect too many colors and her to be cluttered, but no at all. The colors you have blend well, (despite green and red being complementary) and there aren't too many. Also there are enough areas of rest to keep the design complex, but not cluttered

By me

This character has no name, not because I haven't thought of one yet, but, as a sentient plant, he doesn't really need one
He is blind other than being able to see the future, except, it isn't as cool as you might think. The future is infinite and always changing; and there is no guarantee that he will see anything that might relate to him. He might see someone's test score in 20 years, or an acorn falling on someones head in 3 weeks, or someone in Japan finding a 100 yen coin.
He has big ol' hands. look at those good hands
Last edited by Rooster Cult on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Rooster or Ruce // Autistic // any pronouns
Rooster Cult

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gristle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:18 am

(Your image isn't working but I copied the link so tis all good)
9/10
He's really unique and I like him a lot, especially his third eye power of seeing the future, it's quite a different spin on the idea. I think his plant growth looks really neat too, although maybe some more flowers to break up the green in places I might've added personally. The hand on the shirt is a cool idea as well, as well as being quite simple and matches nice with the green colour scheme
A good man

linked for size
I made him only recently so don't have much on him yet. He can summon and communicate telepathically with butterflies, I've been calling him Weedeater but it's probably just a temporary name
all is by me

X
Pet's name: Fruits Of Our Pain
Flightrising | ME page.. hello
Icon credit

x
x
x
x

Gristle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:49 pm

9/10 - I really like this character, such a neat looking guy. I am going to be honest, I am not 100% sure if its the art style of the character, but something isnt sitting right with me and this him? But otherwise, like I said I like him and the design. Its something I can see myself owning lol. The communicating with the butterflies thing is super cool and a really interesting idea, something I dont think Ive ever heard of.

My boy Namor? I recently re did his colours and changed the gray and brown to a lighter shade..
Art by me.
Namor is a Therapy dog who goes to hospitals and what not to support others during their time of need.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elfie » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:59 pm

4/10
    A good boy character with a precious base concept, but design wise he's a tad bland. Uniqueness is hard to achieve with natural-esque characters and alas, this guy doesn't have the "pop" that distinguishes him out from other Dobermanns aside from the lack of back legs - however this feature itself has been done a few times in the past.
    Aside from this he keeps true to his species and I love the bandanna!

_ __ ___ ____________________________________________ ___ __ _

Unnamed
    New dude I just got my hands on today.
    Linked for size

some infos;
    "His work is that of a meteorologist collecting weather data (is a professional storm chaser), uses this as a cover to pursue spiritual beings and catalogues them. Is an exorcist as well but rarely interferes, all beings from Reikai are his friends, hngg. Is like the librarian turned adventurer type.
    Has two yokai that permanently hang around him, they represent male and female energies. Saved them in his early years and they kind of, lounge around on him and provide company while also getting him into mischief. They're pretty much useless but try to protect his butt when things get heated. At least they're handy for biting fingers.
    Wraps his right forearm in bandages to hide an ugly burn scar - they're rather extensive and jump across the far right side of his shoulder,chest, and back as well.
    Uses Ofuda tags as his main source of defence, is really damn handy with them and can weave all sorts of spells and seals.
    Is long-sighted, can barely see a thing without his glasses. The lenses themselves have been coated in a special substance so he can see denizens from Reikai. "

Art and Design by Skele-tea (DA)
Last edited by Elfie on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
┏━ ---------------------------- ━┓
>>---->
Are you kitten me?

Hiya guys, I go by Elfie around these
parts, and pretty much anywhere on
the web, I’m hugely fascinated by
geerkery, wallow in the feels of
obsession and all round have an
unhealthy love for JBDs.

┗━ ---------------------------- ━┛
----------------------
JBDs Kalons
Kias Para's

----------------------
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Elfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dukeaegir » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:33 pm

9/10

I love this him so much like what?? His Yokai make me cry with how cute they are like oh my gosh.
    His colors!! They pair so well with each other nothings too distracting and they all blend in so well!
    I'm a sucker for characters with burn scars and this guys super interesting with being a meteorologist!!

My baby Pheobe?? I love her so much!!
    Pheobe is one of the three parts of the soul of the goddess Euphrosyne. She represents the joy part of
    Euphrosyne but lacks her grace and beauty as most people point out. Pheobe is quite annoying and loud
    but cares for her friends and even strangers quite a lot. Her only gift is comedy, besides that Pheobe
    can't do the simplest of tasks without messing them up no matter how important they are. It's a miracle
    how she's survived this long.

Toyhouse & Artist!
dukeaegir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rooster Cult » Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 am

10/10
WOWA what a cutie!!

art by me

How about my new son Souma (more art of him here, warning moderate amounts of blood and gore)

Souma lives in rural Japan in a super secret ninja village and his only family is his older brother who left the tribe and became a business man. Souma liked the life of the village but still kept close ties to his brother. Souma was out on a patrol when someone (an animal, or maybe a rival village) attacked his patrol. He was severely injured and ran away instead of staying and fighting. He lied about his cowardice. One person survived and was tortured for years as a prisoner (idk if ninjas took prisoners oops). When he escaped he murdered Souma's brother and framed Souma. Souma ran from the police, his village probably wanted to execute him, while running he broke his leg, he was saved by a medic who had likewise run away from a ninja village, and now is on the run.

Souma is known for being quite friendly and kind, yet he is a coward who will do anything to protect himself. He realizes his past mistakes and is haunted by them, but is too scared to atone.
----
Rooster or Ruce // Autistic // any pronouns
Rooster Cult

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Tue May 01, 2018 10:58 am

9/10 A little plain for me, but I don't think I've ever seen a ninja character before and he's really cool. I especially love his pale blue eyes and the scars scattered on his face in different places.

Unnamed? Art by AlliBun, design by Frozen-blitz
Just got her, so there's nothing much really except she's a doberman who is possessed and shares the body with a demonic spirit. In exchange though, the demon allows her to use its powers.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Tue May 01, 2018 12:45 pm

7/10 She's an amazing and unique character but her design seems a little too simple for me. I do love the uniqueness to her tail though and her wings are super cool!

What do you think of Lauren?
Designed by myself // Art by Ranalligator
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HibiscusBlossom » Tue May 01, 2018 12:52 pm

2/10
ahh, i'm sorry for the low rating. before you go ahead this is just my opinion on the characters and others make think differently, so take what i say with a grain of salt.
personally, i find that the yellowish-brown base color isn't really the best and doesn't go very well with the other saturated colors.the rainbows seem random and out of place along with the purple paws and heart designs. it doesn't seem to have any certain direction? the one thing i do like are the pinks and peaches on the legs and i think if it had more of that and some aspects were changed it could work.

what about my current fursona, hibiscus? she's very sassy and paints her claws to match her flower. Image
all by me!
HibiscusBlossom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muggywort » Tue May 01, 2018 1:09 pm

8/10
    I've always been a fan of cats characters that have natural markings and semi-natural coloration. Her pallette is super soft and welcoming and doesn't burn your eyes out. However I'm not a huge fan of her complicated stripes. They look like a real pain to try and replicate especially if you were drawing her often. I also don't really like her colored scelera. It kind of takes off of her design as a whole. Overall, I do like her design but it could use a bit improvement.

How about Briar?
    Design by me, lines by Minti, species owned by Karmel.

If you couldn't already tell by her off-white fur and pale pink eyes, Briar suffers from albinism. At birth, she was seen as a bad omen that would only bring bad luck and misfortune to her victorian age town. However, her mother was a respected home owner that no one wanted to argue with. Briar grew up rich but unspoiled in a large mansion with lots of maids and servants who she respected like equals. A huge wip. I only just started being able to develop her. I would love some suggesstions on accessories!
┌─────────────────────────────┐
Otus/Oats | He/it | Sapphic
Carrd | TH | My kals
Hey I'm Oats! I rlly like fungi,
plants, hollow knight and snails!
Art & avatar by me

└─────────────────────────────┘
ImageImageImage
Muggywort

My pets
My items
My wishlist