Rate The Character Above You V.6 (Rule Changes p.735)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Rate The Character Above You V.6 (Rule Changes p.735)

Postby NARANDA » Sun May 22, 2016 9:09 am

How this works:
NARANDA wrote:
I've seen many rate the _____ above you games but never one about characters, so here we go! I guess it fairly simple. Rate the character above you between 1-10 and post the name and a pic of your character along with artist/designer credit. Please just no gore, anything sexual or anything else inappropriate, basically read the CS rules for posting pics. Also no major bashing like "That character is so ugly, how could you even love it, I say delete it so it doesn't hurt our eyes" just no, that's plain rude and you shall be reported for this. If the character is not your style say something like. "It's a nice characters, just not my style" or "It seems a little too simple for me, but I'm one for complex designs."

Example:
Also see my post with the first character to rate for a visual example of how to make your posts look!
Person 1
(name and Image of character and artist credits)
Person 2
9/10! Say something nice or give some critique here about the character above, maybe name or suggestions for things if they ask for it.

(Name and image of character and artist credits)

Rules (Just Read Bold For Simple Version):
Do not post the same character more then ONCE per page
Due to some complaints from users, you may only post the same char once once per page. This does not mean you can post more, if you want to post twice on the same page, they must be different characters. This is to prevent the thread from slowing down due to a single char being posted too much which forces people to wait for someone who hasn't rated that char yet to post.

NEW* You MUST link/post one separate fullbody image (Read below for exceptions), but you may LINK to more art.
You must link or post one fullbody image, must be fullbody unless it was some sort of headshot adopt and you want ideas for the rest of the body or if it's a WIP and not the whole body is finished yet. You may LINK to more art/a page if you wish, extra art can not be in any other form for the sake of avoiding making this thread TOO image heavy.)

NEW* Posting/linking to extra information is allowed! Please link if over a paragraph long!
With extra art now being allowed so are links to character pages or species groups/forums with further information about a said character or the species of said character. You may post some info here as long as it is a paragraph or shorter, if it is longer I ask that you please provide it in the form of a link.

NEW* Credit the artist! If you are the artist, or don't know the artist just state that. You may state "Credit on image" IF the FULL username is clearly printed on the image! If it's crazy cursive writing or initials then you must type it.
The name on the image must be the full username of the artist/designer and must be readable. If it's not there, if it's in crazy/unreadable text, or if it's just the initials of the artist/designer then I ask you type the full username below the image.

Only post one character to get rated. No "You can rate more if you want", if multiple chars in image, state which SPECIFIC char to rate!
This goes along with the one art piece rule. The whole point is to prevent loading issues. Some people have bad internet or just slow computers that can't load a million pictures. So for the sake of those people, one char, one art piece per post. If there are multiple chars in one image (Such as some oekaki images/adopt sheets) state which character to rate, don't say "pick one", you must be specific and say which one to rate!

You may only post characters that you own, or have the owners/artist permission to post.
Video game or movie character? NO! Only characters that belong to you, or that you designed for someone. Maybe if a friend wants you to post a char for them because they are shy, as long as you have permission, then you may post it, just state that the char belong to your friend and you have permission to post them.

No reserving posts!
If you want to make a really long reply, you may give a rating (Numbers) for the previous char with a picture of your char and artist credit and just say next to the rating at the top "Will be adding feedback in a moment". This way you can add as much as you'd like but you don't slow down the thread.

NO RECREATING THE THREAD!
This thread shall now only be recreated by me (NARANDA) and it shall be watched and modded by me. I'll probably bring other people in as mods as well to help me. Only me, or if I give permission to one of the other mods, shall be recreating this thread from now on so people can't just randomly change the rules to fit how they want to play the game. The rules are here to keep thing efficient and to keep the thread running.

No Mini-modding or making unnecessary replies on this thread! (Only Mods may correct people here!)
Modding is the job of the designated mods of this thread, and the mods of Chicken Smoothie. Do not PM rule breakers or comment here correcting them. Also, do not make random replies to people rating your chars. Want to correct them about something or thank them, then send them a PM, if it's found here it will be considered spam! Mods may post here correcting people, but must also PM the person so they see, this way they are not corrected 3+ times for the same post.
Last edited by NARANDA on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:43 am, edited 17 times in total.
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mods & Strikes

Postby NARANDA » Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 am

Mods
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Ban System
Do NOT message these people asking them what they did or attack them! If someone is on the ban list, just skip them and rate the character of the person above them. Simple. Reasons are not posted here and will only be shared with the rule breaker and the RTCAY mods privately if they ask.
ANYONE CAUGHT BULLYING A USER WHO HAS RECEIVED A WARNING OR BAN WILL ALSO RECEIVE A WARNING OR BAN. The severity of the situation will be determined on a case by case basis! If they have been banned then please just quietly skip them and rate the character of the person above them.
Bans wrote:Iblis -Temp Ban (Time Undetermined ATM)
Last edited by NARANDA on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:07 am, edited 9 times in total.
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.6

Postby NARANDA » Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 am

FAQ
I occasionally get questions about specific things, so I am putting the questions and answers here for good questions that everyone should know. Have questions? Send me a PM and I'll gladly answer them!

Are we allowed to post WIP characters? I have a character I'd like opinions on but I only have a waist up wip of him.
WIP characters are allowed, as long as they follow the rules. This includes the fullbody image rule. If it's just a waist shot or bust, it is not allowed. If it's fullbody and you are seeking advice on color changes, additional markings, items suggestions, etc, then it is allowed.
Important! Please Read!
Okay, so we seem to have an issue. Oekaki pages, tumblr posts, posts on other threads, deviations with lots of info in the description, or anything similar ARE AGAINST THE RULES!
We have been seeing these a lot lately and some of the mods agree with me, this is against the rules.
Linking to an original adoption is like linking to a char thread, linking to an oekaki thread means you could go back and add info to it or multiple images which makes it a character thread, linking to a post somewhere with lots of info is against the rules!

Yes, you are allowed to link to an IMAGE! NOT A PAGE! Posts before this will not be given warnings, but any posts after this that link to an oekaki page, posts on other sites or threads with lots of info or images will receive warnings as we view it as getting around the rules!
Last edited by NARANDA on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Mon May 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Clear example of how to make a post here on this thread!
Also, next person, rate this character to start!

Everything in bold is how is can/show look
Italics is a small explanation or note about that specific thing.

7/10 Ex. The character is very cute, love this accessory and the colors, but they seem a little simple. Maybe a nice marking here or there would be nice. Overall the character is nice though, and I like the eyes. <- a rating out of 10 and a blurb about the reason for the rating given. (Made up example)

Reika (Art/Design by Pirit) <- Credit/Character name can be above or below the image.
^ Image must be a CLEAR FULLBODY IMAGE! And ONLY ONE IMAGE! ^

The marking on her forehead is not a gem or paint, it is simply a marking with a gradient.
Her necklace contains her soul and she must always be wearing it or near it to live.
Suggestions for species name (Creatures with souls contained in accessories) would be great!

^Can add a little blurb about the character here, DO NOT MAKE THIS VERY LONG! (One Small Paragraph Max)^
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sel » Mon May 23, 2016 2:40 pm

8/10
    Oooo, I like the design! The accessories are lovely. I'm just not a fan of the red

Javelline?
    he's a Featherling (closed species made up by me)
    everything (including species) by me
    [/quote]
x
x

x
x

hello, my name is sel! i see you've found me!
i love art, but if you stick around long enough
you might get to witness me eating
my entire drawing tablet out of frustration.
she/her | art shop | deviantart | toyhouse
x
x

sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neiroh » Mon May 23, 2016 2:43 pm

10/10 - He is incredibly adorable :^O

art by glittergloo on dA
neiroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danibo » Mon May 23, 2016 2:50 pm

This character is a little all over the place, and not my style. It's a nice character, and others might think otherwise, but the rating i give you on that character is 6/10.

viewtopic.php?t=3057036

Character and background by me. Lines by Swiftalu.

Madd, my newest cat OC?
      now watch me w.i.p
danibo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elfie » Mon May 23, 2016 2:54 pm

@ Austria*~ - was ninja'd
8/10
I adore the complex hairstyle and colours! The stripes repeated in the design aren't overwhelming and those hints of light blue make the purple stand out.

>>---->

4/10
Ahh not my cup of tea. The hazard/toxic design is very overused nowadays and the markings are harsh. I love the eye colour and flecks of white however!

Strider Stark Hazard?
Art by Peace-Colby
Design by Berkshire
Species by Hiccup
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
┏━ ---------------------------- ━┓
>>---->
Are you kitten me?

Hiya guys, I go by Elfie around these
parts, and pretty much anywhere on
the web, I’m hugely fascinated by
geerkery, wallow in the feels of
obsession and all round have an
unhealthy love for JBDs.

┗━ ---------------------------- ━┛
----------------------
JBDs Kalons
Kias Para's

----------------------
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Elfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sel » Mon May 23, 2016 2:56 pm

9.5/10
    Oh my gosh this is a beautiful creation! I love everything from the colors to the design to the species! My only tiny gripe is the green but, hey, that's just me. You've got a lovely character here!

Javelline?
    he's a Featherling (closed species made up by me)
    everything (including species) by me
    [/quote]
x
x

x
x

hello, my name is sel! i see you've found me!
i love art, but if you stick around long enough
you might get to witness me eating
my entire drawing tablet out of frustration.
she/her | art shop | deviantart | toyhouse
x
x

sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guroboss » Mon May 23, 2016 3:23 pm

10/10 what a cutie! i love the use of primary colors a lot, and i think his species is really cute!

titot, my airplane dragon? (art/design by me, species by scpkid)

also as a general question are we allowed to post WIP characters? I have a character I'd like opinions on but I only have a waist up wip of him.

friday. they/she. bi. adult. istp.
⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤ᦸᦸᦸᦸᦸᦸ☎
𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙨? 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩❜𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚?
playing: bg3 // watching: tokyo ghoul⏤⏤ spotify. toyhouse.

📌naming all my pets!
📌current count:
847!
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me