Create A Tribe - (v.1) - v.2 open!

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Create a Tribe (v.1)

Postby mackstarr » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am

The Tribe of Breaking Waves
    Number of Cats:1

A gray cat, whose fur appeared almost as a clouded sky, walked along the very edge of a cliff-face. She did not seem to be phased by the sharp drop just a single slip away, her tail flicking in a carefree manner as she teetered on the stone. The air was cold around her and she glanced up into the gray blanket of cloud cover far over her head. She expected snow to begin falling any minute now. The grass was yellow and flattened to the ground and the ocean water to her right churned and crashed on the white shores. There was a storm coming, and The Teller of the Rising Tide knew her tribe would be coming soon, in need of shelter and companionship in these winter months.

She took a deep breath of the cold air and then turned and made her may back toward a sparse woodland. She followed a small, frozen stream for a while until she reached the edge of a pond. Ice crept toward the center from around its edges, but the stone pathway down the left side, through some broken reeds, which in the warmer months stood tall and acted as a green pathway, was still accessible. Tideteller leapt nimbly across the stepping stones, her feet hardly ever slipping. She emerged from the brown stems onto the solid ground of her future tribe's camp. Glancing around at all her hard work, the dens and barriers pristine and intact, she felt a surge of pride. Hopefully her first impression would be a good one. She stepped into a small opening beneath a boulder that was buried in the hillside. There was a flat area just inside with a nest of that yellow grass and some peat moss. She passed her bed and turned down a small tunnel that led further beneath the stone. Soon she emerged into a small cave, water dripping from the ceiling overhead and making tiny plinking sounds on the floor. A small crystalline pool of water was situated in a shallow basin at the center of the cave. Light refracted down onto its surface from a gap in the stone far above. Pointed stalactites hung above it, leaking tiny streams of water and causing ripples at its surface. Tideteller sat at the edge and closed her eyes, reaching out to her ancestors.

"Please let any cats find their way safely and quickly to me. I am waiting for them."

[Tideteller goes to the cave of pointed stones.]

Healer:
             Teller of the Rising Tide
          Tideteller| 47 | female |

Prey-Hunters:
              Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Guards:

Healer to-be:

To-be's:

Kit-Mothers:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
        Tribe Name | Username
        Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
        Tribe Name | Username
        Tribe Name | Username

Borders:
        North | Tribe Name | Username
        East | Tribe Name | Username
        South | Tribe Name | Username
        West | Tribe Name | Username
        Northeast | Tribe Name | Username
        Southeast | Tribe Name | Username
        Southwest | Tribe Name | Username
        Northwest | Tribe name | Username

Medicine Store:
        Herb | Usage
        Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
        Mouse | x0 | 0 servings
        Shrew | x0 | 0 servings
        Squirrel | x0 |  0 servings
    Small fish | x0 | 0 servings
        Big fish| x0 | 0 servings
        Rabbit | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
        Mentor | To-be | No. of training sessions | Moves
        Mentor | To-be | No. of training sessions | Moves

Deceased Cats:
        Cat Name | Cause of Death
        Cat Name | Cause of Death

Family:
        Name and Name | Kits
        Name and Name | Kits
mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarecrowz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:15 am

Tribe Of Flowing Brook

The Tribe Of Flowing Brook lives in tunnels underneath a brook in a large forest abandoned by two legs, which makes it hard to be found by them. The cats in this tribe have short fur to help them run through the tunnels quicker, and brown, ginger, black, and gray fur colors being the most common. The cats are very short and aren't the fastest runners, but are quite stealthy and can swim well due to the brook outside their tunnels. The cats are quite wise and calm. But that won't stop them from fighting as hard as they can in battle. Their biggest dangers are dogs, badgers, foxes, collapsing tunnels, and drowning. Their prey are tree frogs, brown squirrels, thrush, and mockingbirds.

he/him
agender lesbian
you can call me sunny or june!
cringe on main
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breezey   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Hello, and welcome to The Tribe of the Crystal Streams.
This tribe lives, well near three streams that have crystal clear water. The cats that live in the stream are known for being kind, intelligent, and selfless, but some cats can turn out to be very unkind, silly and crude... But most cats are quite OK. These cats usually swim in the water and live in a large cave tunneled out by erosion, directly above the largest stream, which they call "The Mother Stream." The dangers around would be badgers, dogs, foxes, drowning, flooding, getting eaten by bigger animals in the stream, and falling into the stream, or a rock on the stream. Their prey are fish, squirrels, birds, (From the forest near by) frogs, and bugs. (Only if they have too.) The cats are excellent climbers and swimmers. They have long, black, and sleek fur with strong paws that are good for climbing. These cats WILL tell you the truth if you ask any question because they are proud of their truth-telling ancestors.
heeee heee heee
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloudy days » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 am

Tribe Of Shimmering Dawn
Personalities and Strengths:
This tribe is rather calm and cold, said to have been inflicted by the icy winds from above and clouded by the shimmering mist. They are rather intelligent and sharp like ice, and will often get on another cat's nerves by making witty comments about the things that annoy them most or treating them in a cold manner. They can be quick to judge. However, they are cunning and light footed, said to be as quiet as snow falling. They also get things done quickly and don't complain, and they prefer to tell the truth. These cats are also very selfless but take care in their appearance. Their paws have tough pads due to walking in caves, and their coats are usually medium to long length and in lighter colour, such as white, creamy or grey, but there are sometimes light ginger/brown cats. They are described to have shiny, sleek pelts and eyes shimmering with pleasure as they feel comfortable with their home.
This tribe is known for having good swimmers and prey-hunters, and for their cats to be hardened against illness and rarely ill.

Prey
Small Fish - Common
Big Fish - Common
Vole - Uncommon
Frog - Uncommon
Ermine - Uncommon
Rabbit - Rare
Predators
Birds Of Prey - Common
Foxes - Common
Rats - Uncommon
Twolegs - Uncommon
Dogs - Rare
Badgers - Rare

Ranks
Kit - 0 moons when obtained, leaves rank at 5/6 moons, will be kept back if necessary.
To-be - Obtained at 5/6 moons, leaves rank at 13 moons. Will be kept back depending on what they are training for or if they need to carry on training.
Dawnteller To-be - Obtained at 5/6 moons, leaves rank when the current Dawnteller is deceased.
Haze-Hunter - Obtained at 13 moons, usually left at 120 moons/depending on when the Prey-hunter chooses. Sometimes a Haze-Hunter will be forced to retire due to injuries or will carry on serving their tribe until they can no longer do their role.
Gale-Guardian - Obtained at 13 moons, usually left at 125 moons/depending on when the Cave-Guard chooses. Sometimes a Gale-Guard will be forced to retire due to injuries or will carry on serving their tribe until they can no longer do their role.
Kit-mother - Obtained between 20 moons and 70 moons depending on when a she-cat is expecting kits.
Elder - Obtained at 120 moons or when a cat is forced/chooses to retire.
Dawnteller - Obtained at current healer's death.

Territory:
This tribe is quite high in the mountains, living in a large clearing with cold winds and mysterious mists. It doesn't often snow, usually only in Leafbare and late Leaf-fall. Few trees grow here, the only ones being pine and yew with a few exceptions. A clear river runs through the territory, being one of the main sources of food for the tribe. A cave is at the edge of the meadow and is perfect for dens, but many bushes and hollow rocks also function as places for cat's to sleep, mainly used by cave-guards, but some prey-hunters choose to sleep outside. A small hollow near the entrance of the cave is the fresh-kill pile. Kit-mothers sleep in the centre of the cave, and to-bes have settled closer to the front of the cave where the ceiling is lower. Prey-hunters sleep close to the front of the cave, right next to the fresh-kill pile where the ground has a dip in. The Dawnteller sleeps near the back of the cave closest to the kit-mothers, and a passage by their den leads to a clear spring that is the source of the river. This pool is called The Pool Of Shimmering Truth, as it is said to reveal a true cat's personality or future; it is also the way to connect with The Tribe Of Endless Hunting. A large hole is in the ceiling of the pool's area, where a cat can see the skies clearly and climb out to find themselves near the peak of the mountain. Also the path to the Pool of Shimmering Truth raises. The Dawnteller's to-be sleeps by the spring as it is one of the safest places in camp. The elders den is on the other side of the Kit-mothers den, and is rather small but cosy with little dips in the ground resembling a circle.
Cave-guards have their dens outside to guard the camp, within a large, hollow rock that was carved by a spring that dried up. Dawnteller will sit on top of this rock to make announcements.

On the outskirts of the territory sits several abandoned twoleg cabins, and cat's try to salvage what they can from the cabins: often blankets will be stolen so kit-mothers and elders can be comfortable, and sick cats can also be satisfied.

Traditions:
All to-bes must have gone to the Pool of Shimmering Truth with Dawnteller, as the Dawnteller can get a glimpse of their future and see if they are truly meant to be a cave-guard or prey-hunter. New warriors (a term used to describe the two sub types of warriors together) will either hunt until dawn or guard the territory until dawn depending on their role respectively. Short-furred kits are considered bad omens and will be taken to the Pool of Shimmering Truth at four moons old to see if it is their destiny to live or die. Then the kit will have to go into the meadow and find a herb or piece of prey to be accepted. If not they are taken to the nearest tribes border or left in the wild. Cat's found with short fur are still accepted, but the cold wind of Leafbare may put them off. Instead of a Dawnteller to stay in the cave, they will be out the most and always on patrol.

(Could my cat possibly be This?)
Last edited by cloudy days on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
cloudy days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ♛ ] the tribe of golden dawns

Postby morrissey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:56 am

welcome to the wonderful tribe of the golden dawn! here you will see cats of all colours and backgrounds coming together as one to live in peace and harmony. here we live on an island, surrounded by many biomes, and an ocean all around us. your rank will determine where you live. if you are the dawnseeker, the healer and communicator of the clan, then you live in the central clearing, the closest place possible to the cave of dwelling stones, where we can communicate with the tribe of endless dancing. perchance you may be a sky-guard, where you are positioned in a circle surrounding the sunteller's den. or you may be a dawn-chaser, in charge of providing the clan with food, and live pretty much anywhere on the island.
      (wip)
      note: all/most tribe cats are longhaired.
Last edited by morrissey on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clarke, » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 am

welcome to the brave, and adamant traditions of the tribe of shattered ice.

the tribe of shattered ice resides in a thickly snowed over land. there are cliffs and frozen rivers and waterfalls, and vast spaces covered in ice and caves. through an array of icicles lies the cave large enough to house the mountain cats. treading beyond the cave mouth, outside is a winding path leading down to the training hollow. further down the long slope is a another clearing with several burrows and leaves, where prey often abides. if you press on, there is the cave of frozen water where cats share tongues and fish for the prey in air holes, where fish come to breathe or bathe in the sun flowing from a hole in the roof. beyond are unexplored regions, not discovered or imperfected by an cat's paw.

typically, cats must have thick fur to live in such a cold environment. they must be sure footed, rough-padded, and strong.

instead of a stoneteller, like a traditional tribe, there is an iceteller. he or she is chosen by the tribe of endless hunting, then they are succeeded by their kin. if the chosen kin falls to darkness, the iceteller must choose a successor before they pass.

the sacred ritual and blessing preformed by stoneteller to the union of assigned mates is one of the most important traditions. it is preformed at 18 moons of age, with the exception of an age gap between chosen mates. they are told who their assigned mate is when they reach 16 moons. customary, the oath must be taken first: do you both promise to loyally serve on another, to forge a bond and to protect one another no matter the cost? each cat must say "i do" before the ceremony begins. the ceremony of boundment is; "i, stoneteller, bless {name} and {name} with an abundant mating and kit-birth, to be bound together until your time to join the tribe of endless hunting." both must agree to the union. those who do not agree to the union, will be forbidden to take a mate of their choosing, without explicit permission from iceteller.

a mate that dies of a she-cat or tom who has already had one litter enables the she-cat or tom to not be reblessed. those who have not born a litter must be reassigned with the allowance of a period of grief.

to-be's will be assigned a selected role the moment they have reached six moons old. they must always abide by this assignment.

the graduation of to-be's is as follows; "i, stoneteller, call upon my ancestors to approve what i am about to say. "name of to-be" do you promise to defend your tribe and obey the tribe code at the cost of your life?" "i do," "then by the powers of our ancestors i grant you full succession as a {prey-hunter/cave-guard}.

will the tribe of endless hunting grant this tribe a brave and loyal leader?

clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mothlite » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Tribe Of Frozen Waters
Where the extreme is normal, and the normal are gone
This tribe is known for their chilling personality towards outsiders. While they may be very supportive of their own members, other tribes will feel their in-hospitality they moment they meet. Still, the heart of their tribe is warmer than the sun, showing how caring they could be. They believe in purity within each tribe, as their snowy tundra is only fit for their thick coats and wide paws. Rules are made for safety and protection, something they learn at a young age. While stories may be told that their hearts are frozen blocks of ice, their blood freezing, they truly do care.
Known for their white coats and freezing gazes, their members would faint of heat exhaustion in territory normal for other cats,
or of hunger, as they only know how to hunt the waters and snows of their homeland. Their claws used to gripping ice and their reflexes fast from catching fish. The prey that they hunt quick, they run faster than most.
Their healer, better known as Frostteller, reads the signs of the Frozen Fall, a waterfall that is on the side of a large mountain in their territory. This waterfall is thawed for only a moon every greenleaf, giving to a river when not frozen.
mothlite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 am

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
    xx .territory.
      The Tribe of Crumbling Stone live in a mixed forest where the land stretches out flat in front of them. They are walled
      in on almost all sides by towering mountains. A wide, deceitfully deep river separates the camp from the main hunting
      area in the territory. On the camp side of the river, the earth begins to slope up into one of the bordering mountains.
      The tribe’s camp sits on this slope in the curl of some oddly stacked stones. The gaping holes of the structure are
      plastered up with mud and sticks and more stones to make suitable dens for the cats.
        Teller of the Morning’s Mist, or rather Mist-teller, tends to live further up the slope so that they can geta good look at
        not only the tribe’s camp, but also the vast territory the tribe controls. Their den is hidden beneath a protruding boul-
        der and they spend the early morning hours reading the morning’s mist before they move down to the camp for the
        rest of the day.
          Outside of the camp and the small thicket of trees surrounding it, there is a vast meadow with a couple of similar tree
          grounds spread out along the length of the field. The open area is typically used by the tribe to train their newest to-
          bes, whereas the scattered bunches of trees are used as a cover to any bird of prey flying overhead and a diversion to
          any enemy tribe looking to attack the Tribe of Crumbling Stone’s camp.
            Scattered about the territory are other formations of oddly stack stones, similar to those back at thetribe’s camp. The
            structures are unnaturally crafted, and the tribe cats aren’t entirely sure where they came from. Each year makes the
            stacks of stones become more and more unsteady, and the cats have to be careful whenever they walk across them in
            case they begin to break apart. These stones are what eventually give the tribe its name: The Tribe of Crumbling Stone.
            The stones curling around the tribe’s camp are the most stable the cats could find. The formation won’t come crumbling
            down any time soon,not when they’re constantly reinforcing it with more stones and mud.
              On the other side of the river lies The Greenwood. The Greenwood, named as such because the pines give the
              forest an eternally green look, is where the tribe usually conducts hunts and patrols. Out in the woods lurk predators
              such as black bears, bobcats, mountain lions and coyotes, but the bounty of prey that can be found is worth the risk. As
              soon as a to-be learns to swim, their training will continue out in The Greenwood.
              xxxx .nature.
                The Tribe of Crumbling Stone has a pretty good reputation. They tend to be pretty friendly toward strangers and are
                happy to allow outsiders to test out tribe life. They do, however, become a little bit wary if a cat deciding against tribe
                life chooses to stick around in the tribe’s territory. The tribe won’t hesitate to chase out a loner.
                  In terms of their nature toward their own kin, the cats are usually very close. However, cats of the tribe are expected to
                  be hard-working and eager to explore. Any among the tribe who do not fit those standards find themselves without a place
                  in the tribe sooner or later.
                    The cats are usually very generous toward allies in terms of aiding in battle and sharing prey, but they can be very possess-
                    ive over the herbs they collect. While not overly aggressive, the cats of the tribe make sure they are constantly training in
                    order to appear threatening to enemies. They aren’t pushovers and they will defend their territory and their kin until their
                    very last breath.
                    xxxxxx .customs.
                      These are currently in the work and will be developed through the tribe's posts.
                    Grey_Hoodie

My pets
                    My items
                    My wishlist
                    My gallery
                    My scenes
                    My dressups
                    Trade with me

tribe of jagged shores.

Postby carpe noctem. » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 pm

the tribe of jagged shores.. a tribe known for its talented mem-
                    bers and big hearts. They live on the coast of the highlands
                    , where humans rarely visit to at the time. Though many would
                    expect it to be free of problems, it is a dangerous place where
                    the meek fall as quickly as the leaves fall in autumn. A perfect
                    example that you can't trust for even the most serene places to
                    be undangerous, as even a white rose has a looming shadow in it.

territory.
                    as stated above, they live on the coast near the highlands (pictures
                    based on the isle of skye in the u.k) which is mainly uninhabited by
                    the humans, though a few villages have been noted by the cats, so
                    kittypets can be occasionally found upon the tribe lands. The cats
                    camp resides in an abandoned castle-like home overlooking the shore
                    which is right next to many of the pools that are dotted along the
                    territory. One, however, glows in the middle of the night and has
                    a small cave entrance which they use as their own cave of pointed
                    stones. Besides that, there is a small unused barn that has lots of
                    mice that they'll hunt, aswell as a forest and even a river that are
                    all great hunting spots. Behind them are forest and then mountain.
                    Lots of flowers grow around their territory, thanks to there love for
                    them and knowledge about them.

pratices and traditions
                        just like any other tribe, this clan has a particular set
                        of traditions that are set in stone for the tribe. Firstly,
                        one tradition includes the process of first spring hunting,
                        where the cats of the clan will basically hold a small
                        competition and festival about prey and well-being, all
                        prior activities are cancelled on this day for the cats to
                        go out and hunt and fish together. It is a joyous
                        occasional with cheering and love for the tribe lifestyle.
                        another is the ceremony of death. death is extremely
                        saddening for the clan, and do not take it lightly. Even
                        stillborn deaths are deeply mourned for, as it could have
                        been an amazing cat there beside the clan. So, the clan
                        will often give them special trinkets and items and lay
                        them over their graves, which are always next to a special
                        fairy pool that has a tiny waterfall in it, and is very calm-
                        ing to any who go. They plant certain types of seeds from
                        flowers over their graves too.
                        nature and personalities
                        the tribe is known to be quite civilized for the most part, holding themselves with a respectable nobility that many others do not. They are proper most of the time, not brutish beasts that are apart of other tribes. Though they appear to be a approachable tribe and calm for the most part, it is warned not to cross them, as they will turn into cats as fierce as the wolves. They are talented in their work, whether it be defence or attack, they'll give it there all to defend their clan.

tell-tail traits
                    longer pelts are a common trait in the tribe, as they often need it since their is sharp winds near the waters edges. The tribe usually has cats with tortishell, marble, Lynx, calico or black smoke colourations upon their pelts. There Is a vast variety of colours that are seen on the cats, some including silvers, creams, lilacs, cinnamons, ginger and many more.

May this be their --teller?
                    carpe noctem.

My pets
                    My items
                    My wishlist
                    My gallery
                    My scenes
                    My dressups
                    Trade with me

Postby Maplewhisper » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 am

The Tribe of Rolling Thunder

Storm had always dreamed of the tribes that her mother spoke of. She loved the adventure of the cats, and was enraptured most of all by the mystical connection the tribe had with their ancestors. When she and her mother went hunting one day, a terrible storm shook the mountains where they lived, and Storm was separated from her mother. The young cat found herself in a wide plain of rock, a flat stretch surrounded by rocks that was open to the sky. A few fox-lengths behind her was a towering spiral of rock, ending in a peak just wide enough for two cats. Compelled by a sudden inexplicable urge, Storm climed the spire and stood on the peak overlooking the mountains. As the storm blew around her, she realized that although the rain poured down, she was dry. A lone star could be seen in the sky directly above her, and Stom suddenly understood the message of the tribal ancestors. Bowing her head, she declared her new name to be Teller of the Calling Storm, or Stormteller. Stormteller voed that she would create a tribe on the rocky plain as her ancestors commanded. In honor of her mother and the storm that guided her, she named her tribe the Tribe of Rolling Thunder.

Having plenty of time to herself, Stormteller fashioned some traditions to benefit their life on the plain and to indentify their tribe.

The rock where she had become Stormteller was to be the place where she met with her ancestors. It was to be called the Calm Peak, and would only be visited when a storm ravaged the mountains.

Kits are given a single-syllable name at birth, such as Moss or Cliff. They recive their full name once they become to-be's. Stormteller selects kits to be cave-guards or prey-hunters when they are three moons old.

To-be's were to be trained in pairs - one cave-guard and one prey-hunter. The pair must never be separated during training and must learn to function together as well as with the other pairs.

Since trees and plants are sparse in the high region of the mountains, it is also a to-be's duty to travel once every quarter moon to the base of the mountain to collect branches, bedding, forest prey, and anything else that might be needed from the forest. Stormteller travels with all of the to-be's to gather herbs and to look out for danger while the young cats scavenge.

A to-be's final assesment consists of a pair being sent out in the mountains for two days. During those two days, the cave-guard to-be must discover a cave marked with something - such as a cave with mist around it, or a cave that has a holly bush growing in it. The specific sign is believed to be sent by the tribe as an indicator for the cat's full name. A prey-hunter must successfully bring down a bird of prey, and many factors about the bird determine the prey-hunter to-be's name.

No cat is to venture from the camp alone.
                    Last edited by Maplewhisper on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
                    I am a holibomber!
                    I have gifted 5 people.
                    I have received 0 gifts.
                    I have nuked 0 people.
                    I have received 2 nukes.
                    I have won 0 gift wars.
                    I have lost 0 gift wars.
                    Maplewhisper

My pets
                    My items
                    My wishlist
                    My gallery