Create a Pod V.1

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Create a Pod V.1

Postby *~GECKO~* » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am

You are a lone whale, looking for pod mates. How to start? Read to find out!

STARPOD
Leader: \Luna/ [ Owner ]

Dolphins: [ Co-Owners ]
*Co-Owners*
None yet!

Killer whales: [ Mods ]
the middle

Calves: [ Mini-Mod ]
*See Killer Whales*
None yet!

RULES
1) Follow all the Chickensmoothie rules.
2) Do not under any circumstances try to copy
or make a game like this. The idea of Create a Pod is by \Luna/, however
the original (Create a pod) is by Kaden who passed it down to Katrione.
3) I will remake this game at 900 pages.
4) Please use proper grammar and punctuation
and do not use text talk at all.
5) Be kind and respectful to both me and other
members at all times.
6) Do not requote your post unless it has been
skipped over by a mod. It gets annoying and clutters everything needs to be aligned wordy word
the thread. everything needs to be aligned wordy word
7) Do not Mini Mod unless you are the co-owner or mod
8) Please PM me if you are confused or if you everything
have any questions. everything goes here.. align align align
9) No begging for new whales/plankton/allies/enemies
10) Make sure to have fun!

T H E A B Y S S

Blue Whales: [ Banned ]
None so far, let's hope it stays this way
Username | Ban Length
Username | Ban Length
Username | Ban Length

Porpoises: [ Warnings ]
None so far, let's hope it stays this way
Username | Warning No.
Username | Warning No.
Username | Warning No.

HOW TO PLAY
Starting Off If it is your first time posting, you must tell me about your pod. You can describe things like your pod's name, nature, reputation, territory and whale's personalities are good. These things help us decide on what your first whale, the leader will look like! We will quote your post with a picture of your first whale and they will be the whale who is the foundation of your pod. You can decide on things like the leader's name, age and gender.

Getting More whales Your pod will start off small and you will have to build up it's population. You have two options for finding whale: patrols and sending your leader to the tidepool. You are only able to send your leader to the tidepool once a week and they can ask Starpod for a new whale; you can ask for a specific ranked whale or we will give you one at random. You will be able to pick their name, gender and age as well.

Patrols You are able to send up to 6 whales out on a patrol at one time. In one post, you are only able to send out two hunting patrols and two border patrols. There are only a few things that can happen on patrols: you can find prey, which will keep your pod safe from any attacks for 12 hours; you can chase off a threat, which will also keep your pod safe for 12 hours; you can find a new whale at the border (however the further along your pod gets the less likely this is to happen), you will usually only find warriors and students but you will sometimes find calf(ves)s at the border if you have queens available; and you can find a leader of a rival pod that will ask for an alliance that you can accept, ignore or even decide on becoming enemies.

New Ranks Whenever you have a whale old enough to move onto the next rank (6 tides- calf(ves) to student, 12-16 tides- student to warrior) you can send your leader to the tidepool to tell Starpod of your decision to do a ceremony. If you want a specific name for your student when they become a warrior, you will need to include that name in the post or I will choose one for you. You must also do this when promoting a whale to deputy, or retiring a whale to become an elder.

Healing/PlanktonWhen you find your dolphin, you will have the option to choose 5 plankton to start off your medical storage. When you send your dolphin whale out to find plankton, you can only find 2 every patrol the dolphin whale takes to find herbs. Once your dolphin whale gets an student, you will be able to find 3 on one patrol. You store your plankton in the dolphin store and they can be used to heal sick or injured whales

Mentors/Training You will be the one to assign a certain mentor to a certain student. Before your student is allowed to become a warrior, they must complete 4 training sessions and they must be at least 12 tides old. Your student learns a new 'move' during each training session. You can send your dolphin whale to train with the warrior students but it isn't a requirement for them.

NOTE: Although only dolphins can have the DOLPHIN position, killer whales can be blue Whales, great whales, dolphins, and such. Dolphin is the only exclusive-to position.

Aging/Death You must age your whales up 1 tide every post that you post. If in one post, you had an student who was 8 tides, then in the next post you would make that student would be 9 tides. In this game, there are 5 possible ways for your whale to die; being born stillborn, old age, being attacked severally by a dangerous animal/another whale, queens can die having calf(ves)s, and not having your injuries treated within 2 days of them getting injured and/or sick.

Alliances If you meet a neighboring pod while on patrol, you can choose to become their ally. Ally pods usually act friendly towards each other and resolve disputes without fighting. You can give herbs to an ally pod if they don't have the herb they need but you do and if they are in desperate need of one. You can also trade whales with an ally pod, but this can only happen at a gathering. If your pod is under attack by an enemy pod, your ally pod can join the fight and defend you as long as the enemy pod isn't their ally. If your ally defends you in an attack, you have a much less chance of your whales dying or being captured.
If you meet a neighboring pod while on patrol, you can choose to become their enemy or rival. Enemy pods usually act hostile towards each other and often argue and fight. You can steal calf(ves)s, students, elders and herbs while raiding enemy pod camp. You need 4 whales to do this and the only way the pod can get these back is if they attack the pod. Attacks can prove fatal and there will often be whales injured, captured or even killed during attacks. You can make peace and become allies with an enemy pod during a gathering.

Gatherings Next Gathering: TBD
Gatherings happen once every 2 weeks, usually starting on Fridays (Some days are put earlier/later because of holidays). The gatherings last three days (Friday-Sunday). At a gathering, you can choose your leader, deputy and dolphin (student) along with six others to attend and your leader or deputy will share news to the rest of the pods. It is here that fights, friendships and romances can blossom so it is a good event to make sure and attend. It is here battles can be arranged and whales can be swapped. pods can also form alliances and rivalries here. You can do this by getting the leaders to talk, and if they find common interests, or seem aggressive towards each other, they can become allies or enemies!
Next dolphin Gathering: TBD
The dolphin Gathering happens every other week. The gathering of the pods will be one week, then the dolphin whales will gather at the tidepool the next week. This is very similar to a normal gathering, except there isn't as much tension. The dolphin whales will talk with each other about things that are going on in their pod at the moment and will make arrangements to trade herbs if needed.

Becoming Mates/Having calf(ves)s Without calf(ves)s, your pod would struggle to thrive. To have two whales to become mates, post them going for a walk together and one of them asking the other to be their mate. In my post, I will time skip to the she-whale finding out she's expecting calf(ves)s then you will have to wait two tides (2 posts). If you wish for the she-whale to not have her calf(ves)s yet, make sure to tell me. If you want a she-whale to have another litter, say so in your post as well.

Types of Plankton (not all are real. I just couldn't find something with the different types of Plankton)
Zooplankton: Heals shark wounds.
Phytoplankton: Heals any venom or poison.
Classaplankton: Can only be used to heal calves of any injuries.
(If you have a suggestion for one please pm \Luna/)

Forbidden Romances Forbidden romances are romantic relationships with either a dolphin, or a whale from another pod. whales can form romances with whales from both ally and enemy pods and can sneak out of camp to meet them and bond at gatherings. However, if the relationship results in calf(ves), they will have to find a whale willing enough to cover up as their father. It can be arranged at a gathering for one or more of the calf(ves) to be given to the parent of the other pod. It is extremely rare, but some whales may find out that the calf(ves) are forbidden and the parent(s) and/or calf(ves) could be exiled from the pod.

Prey Every post, your pod will use up two pieces of food. Once you reach seven pod members, your serving will go up 1. Then the next time you get seven more whales, your serving will go up by one again. The max amount of whales you can send out on a hunting patrol is 6 whales; for every 2 whales on the patrol, you will get one piece of prey, so the max amount of prey you can get from one hunting patrol is 3 pieces of prey. You can use six types of prey. An example of a set would be; mice, pigeons, voles, fish, rabbits and squirrels. You can switch out the different types of prey depending on what is normally found in your pods territory but don't make it a type of prey that pod whales wouldn't normally eat. When you fill in your form after receiving your leader, remember to fill in the six types of prey your pod will be using. Very rarely, the mod who replies to your pod will give you something outside of those six. Remember to go hunting often since two pieces are used every post. If you run out of fresh-kill, you have 2 posts to get enough prey back. After 2 posts, a whale in your pod will die from starvation. Every post after that, 1 whale will die until you have enough prey.

Fresh-Kill Servings
Minnow; 1 serving
Shrimp; 1 serving
Krill; 1 serving
Leach; 1 serving
Ray: 2 servings
Clownfish; 2 servings
Angel fish; 2 servings
Lion fish; 2 servings
Sun fish; 3 servings
Whale shark; 3 servings
Great White; 3 servings (*This might change later*)

0-6 whales; 2 servings
7-13 whales; 3 servings
14-20 whales; 4 servings
21-27 whales; 5 servings
28-34 whales; 6 servings
35-41 whales; 7 servings
42-48 whales; 8 servings
49-55 whales; 9 servings
56-62 whales; 10 servings
63-69 whales; 11 servings
70-76 whales; 12 servings
etc..

Note: I did this on my tablet, please point out any typos.

TO MAKE A NEW POST. HERE IS THE CODE:

Code: Select all
[center][size=200]Your pod's Name[/size]
[size=85][b]Number of whales:[/b] Here[/size]

[size=85]Put your post of what your whales are doing here[/size][/center]

[center][left][list][list][list][list][size=85][b]Leader:[/b]
Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]
Lives: ★★★★★★★★★

[b]Deputy:[/b]

[b]dolphin whale:[/b]

[b]Warriors:[/b]

[b]students:[/b]

[b]Queens:[/b]

[b]calf(ves)s:[/b]

[b]Elders:[/b]
Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url][/list][/list][/list][/list][/size][/left] [left][list][size=85][b]Ally pods:[/b]
pod Name | Username
pod Name | Username

[b]Enemy pods[/b]
pod Name | Username
pod Name | Username

[b]Borders[/b]
North | pod Name | Username
East | pod Name | Username
South | pod Name | Username
West | pod Name | Username

[b]Plankton Store[/b]
Plankton | Usage
Plankton | Usage

[b]Fresh-Kill Pile:[/b]
Prey | x0 | 0 servings
Prey | x0 | 0 servings
Prey | x0 | 0 servings
Prey | x0 | 0 servings
Prey | x0 | 0 servings
Prey | x0 |  0 servings

[b]Mentors:[/b]
Mentor | student | No. of training sessions | Moves

[b]Deceased whales:[/b]
whale Name | Cause of Death

[b]Family:[/b]
Name and Name | calf
Name and Name | calf[/size][/list][/left][/center]

P O D S

\Luna/

Deep Water Pod | mental-mayhem
Star Fire Pod | Starwindrider
[pod name] | the middle
Dark as Night | Ravenwhisper’s Wish

the middle

Cyanpod | \Luna/
Pod of the Hurricane Song | ❝ aesthetic.
Midnight Pod | Galipaygo
Sinking Suns | A Fox’s Tail
Last edited by *~GECKO~* on Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:25 am, edited 14 times in total.
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create a Pod V.1

Postby *~GECKO~* » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 am

Cyanpod
Number of whales:1

Put your post of what your whales are doing here

Leader:
          Cadillax | 25 tides | F | X

Deputy:

dolphin whale:

Warriors:

students:

Queens:

calf(ves)s:

Elders:
    Ally pods:
    pod Name | Username
    pod Name | Username

Enemy pods
    pod Name | Username
    pod Name | Username

Borders

Plankton Store
    Plankton | Usage
    Plankton | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Prey | x0 | 0 servings
    Prey | x0 | 0 servings
    Prey | x0 | 0 servings
    Prey | x0 | 0 servings
    Prey | x0 | 0 servings
    Prey | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased whales:

Family:
    Name and Name | calf
    Name and Name | calf
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carpe noctem. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 pm

the pod of the hurricane song is based off of New Zealand, though homes many dolphins and whales from around the world. they are typically known to be smart, resourceful, sometimes fierce and typically sport good looks. their camp is based here.

they are a tightly-knit pod, and they share a fierce protectiveness of the youngest of the pod, aswell as everyone else. They respect their ancestors and are very devoted to the dolphins who know live in "the star-lined waters of the night".

They have unique names, and there names often have a suffix added to them that describes their personalities. this title is giving with age, and it is worn with pride most of the time. A dolphins "last name" can be changed if they do something honourable (like become leader) or if they do something horrible.

types of dolphins and whales that are found include
- maui dolphins
- bottlenose dolphins
- orcas
- striped dolphin
- minke whale
- clymene's dolphin
- dusky dolphin
- hourglass dolphin

may this be my leader?

(( I'd be willing to mod if you'd like? ))
carpe noctem.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~GECKO~* » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:47 am

❝ aesthetic. wrote:

the pod of the hurricane song is based off of New Zealand, though homes many dolphins and whales from around the world. they are typically known to be smart, resourceful, sometimes fierce and typically sport good looks. their camp is based here.

they are a tightly-knit pod, and they share a fierce protectiveness of the youngest of the pod, aswell as everyone else. They respect their ancestors and are very devoted to the dolphins who know live in "the star-lined waters of the night".

They have unique names, and there names often have a suffix added to them that describes their personalities. this title is giving with age, and it is worn with pride most of the time. A dolphins "last name" can be changed if they do something honourable (like become leader) or if they do something horrible.

types of dolphins and whales that are found include
- maui dolphins
- bottlenose dolphins
- orcas
- striped dolphin
- minke whale
- clymene's dolphin
- dusky dolphin
- hourglass dolphin

may this be my leader?

(( I'd be willing to mod if you'd like? ))

(OoC:So sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner!!)
Your pod has been founded
I will be your mod.
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~GECKO~* » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:36 am

Bump
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carpe noctem. » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Number of whales: 1
females = 1 || males = 0
Servings 2

Percy dove through the warm New Zealand waters, round snout pointed downwards into the clear, blue waters. A smile tugged against her dark lips, watching as a colorful array of fish darted past the vibrant corals that were lined against the reef. It was her home, beneath the bright sky and the warm waters. And now, the dolphin was ready to share it with others.
Now, she was ready to lead.

[ Percy hunts ]
[ Percy searches for others to join her pod ]

Leader:
    Persephone | 27 tides | ♀ | X

Deputy:

dolphin whale:

Warriors:

students:

Queens:

calf(ves)s:

Elders:
    Ally pods:
    pod Name | Username
    pod Name | Username

Enemy pods
    pod Name | Username
    pod Name | Username

Borders

Plankton Store
    Plankton | Usage
    Plankton | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Minnow | x0 | 0 servings
    Shrimp | x0 | 0 servings
    Ray | x0 | 0 servings
    Lionfish | x0 | 0 servings
    Whale Shark | x0 | 0 servings
    Great White | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased whales:

Family:
    Name and Name | calf
    Name and Name | calf
carpe noctem.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~GECKO~* » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:06 pm

❝ aesthetic. wrote:
Number of whales: 1
females = 1 || males = 0
Servings 2

Percy dove through the warm New Zealand waters, round snout pointed downwards into the clear, blue waters. A smile tugged against her dark lips, watching as a colorful array of fish darted past the vibrant corals that were lined against the reef. It was her home, beneath the bright sky and the warm waters. And now, the dolphin was ready to share it with others.
Now, she was ready to lead.

[ Percy hunts ]
[ Percy searches for others to join her pod ]

Percy catches 1 minnow.
Percy found a friend!
Last edited by *~GECKO~* on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galipaygo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:53 am

Midnight Pod

This pod lives in the warm waters around Alaska where food is plentoful and they are secluded enough from danger. This pod keeps to themselves and tries to keep out of the business of other pods. They don’t really make allies or enemies, just know that another pod exists if they find one. They value family bonds and creation of life so muh so that they celebrate death and birth whenever it happens. They worship the Star pod and will do anything to please the ancestors.

Whales and dolphins commonly found:
Blue whales
Humpback whales
Beluga whales
Minke whales
Pacific White-Sided dolphins
Bottlenosed dolphins

Whales and dolphins uncommonly found:
Grey whales
Orca whales
Sperm whales
Bowhead whales
Striped dolphins
Hourglass dolphins
White-Beaked dolphins

Whales and dolphins rarely found:
Killer whales
Southern Right whales
Omura’s whales
Strap-Toothed whales
Hector’s dolphins
Southern Right Whale dolphins
False Killer Whale dolphins
Spinner dolphins
Devote oneself to something beautiful.

"May your dreams become bestsellers" -Galipaygo
"Don't listen to what others say. They don't know you and your limits." -?

I love gifting people! Please don't ban for it
Galipaygo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~GECKO~* » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Galipaygo wrote:
Midnight Pod

This pod lives in the warm waters around Alaska where food is plentoful and they are secluded enough from danger. This pod keeps to themselves and tries to keep out of the business of other pods. They don’t really make allies or enemies, just know that another pod exists if they find one. They value family bonds and creation of life so muh so that they celebrate death and birth whenever it happens. They worship the Star pod and will do anything to please the ancestors.

Whales and dolphins commonly found:
Blue whales
Humpback whales
Beluga whales
Minke whales
Pacific White-Sided dolphins
Bottlenosed dolphins

Whales and dolphins uncommonly found:
Grey whales
Orca whales
Sperm whales
Bowhead whales
Striped dolphins
Hourglass dolphins
White-Beaked dolphins

Whales and dolphins rarely found:
Killer whales
Southern Right whales
Omura’s whales
Strap-Toothed whales
Hector’s dolphins
Southern Right Whale dolphins
False Killer Whale dolphins
Spinner dolphins

Accepted! Aesthatic will be your mod :)
*~GECKO~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galipaygo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Will Aesthatic give me my first whale/dolphin...?
Devote oneself to something beautiful.

"May your dreams become bestsellers" -Galipaygo
"Don't listen to what others say. They don't know you and your limits." -?

I love gifting people! Please don't ban for it
Galipaygo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me