Ransolite Hidden Mutations

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Ransolite Hidden Mutations

Postby OriginalStar » Wed May 01, 2024 8:28 am

Home

Mutations are mentioned on the trait list below the traits. They are typically dance-related, but some benefit the Ran right from the start! The chances are not random when buying Ransolites from the cave, the creator after finishing the Ransolite decides what hidden mutations to give them. Though having multiple hidden mutations on one Ran is very rare, especially 3+. When dancing a Ransolite, there is a 50% chance on the gene passing and a smaller % chance of the gene showing. So dancing two Albinism carriers will NOT guarantee an albino child, but their child will have the Albinism hidden mutation, if that makes sense.

Hidden Mutation list

Speedy Exp
50% Carrier, always shows.
Sometimes, upon gaining the ability to adventure, the Ransolite may be gifted in adventuring! Instead of the usual leveling up system, some Ransolites have a significantly reduced EXP cost! Making their journey to level 5 a breeze!
Level 1 - 1 Exp to level up
Level 2 - 3 Exp to level up
Level 3 - 7 Exp to level up
Level 4 - 12 EXP to level up

When dancing a Ransolite with this trait with a Ransolite that doesn't have the trait, it is a 50/50 chance on the child having the shorter Exp level up. If both have the short EXP, the child is guaranteed to have short Exp. This trait is dominate and always shows if the Ransolite owns it.

Fast growth
50% Carrier, always shows.
Sometimes, a Ransolite just wants to see the world! When one has this trait, they grow SUPER fast! A common egg typically takes an hour to grow, these guys? Half that. They overall take half the time to grow up fully and their kids might be the same way. While once grown, it's not really helpful, it is still nice to get a Ransolite early on and not have to wait upwards to a week for the adult.
If you already have the potions that half the growth, this mutation halves even that! So a rare would grow up not in 7 days, not in 3.5 days, but in 1.75 days!!

Albinism
50% Carrier, 5% showing, 10% if both parents are carriers
While your Ransolite may look normal and colorful, they may hold an Albinism trait. This trait is mostly for the offspring as there is a chance the children would end up looking more paler than usual even with both parents being more dark/neon. Naturally pastel Ransolites are already light and their children would match them, so there is no need for an albinism trait. Albinism typically affects darker more neon Ransolites that lack white/pastel colors. Both parents do not need the trait, but the odds are higher if they do. Frosts and Geodes cannot have this trait.

Frosite Gene
When the cave was first made in another site over 2 years ago, all dance rans have a 1% chance of being a frost. I never remembered to do this. So in the end I removed that featured. But.. when dances are done, the trait list is grabbed. With a Frostite gene right there, its impossible not to see, impossible not to do that extra roll. So sometimes, a Ransolite parent could have a Frostie ransolite without the use of any potions! Of course it's a low chance of the Ransolite being a frost (5%, same as eggs found during adventures) but the original chance was 0% lol

Twinsies Gene
Typically, the only way to obtain two ransolites from one dance pair is to dance one ransolite from two different owners, or dance the same pair you own, twice. That or a special occasion. Overall the chances of your own two ransolites having twins was next to near 0. So to change that, sometimes a Ransolite could have the Twinsies gene! This only applies when the Ransolite is danced with another Ransolite of the same owner, it is not applied if twins are already guaranteed (Like with 2 different owner pairs)

Infusion Shards

Not so much as a mutation, but moreso a by-product of a Ransolite hatching. There is no quirk to figuring out which has the shard or not, it's all up to luck! Sometimes when an egg hatches, you get a little infusion shard! These shards can take one unique trait off an adult ransolite and copy it onto another grown Ransolite or an egg, allowing the said Ransolite to grow up with the trait! Once used, the shard breaks, so one trait per shard!
To use one, head to the Unique Trait Archive!

Have an idea in mind? Shoot me a PM! Make sure it isn't something too complex to remember and also isn't visual in any way! Visual mutations are essentially a trait! But I am always down to hear your ideas!
As for melanism, sorry but I wont be adding that! Darker colors are much harder to work with compared to pastels and I rather not stress out trying to make dark colors work!
OriginalStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me