Beaumont Collie Breed Specific Genetics V.2

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Beaumont Collie Breed Specific Genetics V.2

Postby Vinson » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:39 am

Please do not post here!
Do not copy-paste these genetics for your own species, a lot of the markings are modified to fit this breed.
Originally developed by waverly,

Adopts I Customs I Whelping Box I Title Program I Genetics I Offsite Archive I Archive Updates | Buffalo I Artist Search
Last edited by Vinson on Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breed Specifics: A Locus

Postby Vinson » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:49 am

Breed Specific Genes

" A Locus "

Standard Breed Specifics

apap - alpine
      ➛ based off of alpine goats
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: similar to a saddle, only lacking shading on the flank and characterized by eumelanin points on the legs

___________________________________________________________________________________________

at+at+ - reverse point
      ➛ reverses the colors on a tan point
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: merle will be on the points only while brindle will show on the pheomelanin color only

___________________________________________________________________________________________

as+as+ - argenti
      ➛ based off of black-backed jackals
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: similar to a more minimal saddle and characterized by the white guard hairs on the saddle

awdawd - wildtype
      ➛ based off of african wild dogs
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: amount of eumelanin versus pheomelanin varies greatly between collies

akak - kiharara
      ➛ based off of giant anteaters
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: unique patterning characterized by eumelanin forming a design over the neck and chest

aw+ - raposa + tephra
      ➛ based off of red foxes and cross foxes
      ➛➛ x x

notes: awaw+ = raposa ; awa+ = tephra
      shows with any form of masking and A locus expression

alkalk - kaloula
      ➛ based off of banded bullfrogs
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: characterized by bands forming a mask on the face, across the body, and on the flanks/shoulders

abab - barbu
      ➛ based off of Barbu d'Uccle chickens
      ➛➛ x [url=link]x[/url] [url=link]x[/url]

notes: characterized by white-tipped dapples on the body and mottled-white tipping of the head, ears, legs, and tail

Last edited by Vinson on Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breed Specifics: A Locus Combinations

Postby Vinson » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:08 am

Breed Specific Genes

" A Locus " Combinations

Combined Genes

alpine combinations
      atap - (minimal) alpine -- alpine without the black points, may be more minimal alpine
      akap - extreme kiharara -- alpine combined with kiharara creates a unique pattern
      asap - saddle alpine -- alpine but with shading on the flank, creating a full saddle with black points
      apa - extreme alpine -- alpine with extended eumelanin shading
      apat+ - (minimal) alpine -- alpine without the black points, may be more minimal alpine
      apas+ - saddle alpine -- alpine but with shading on the flank, creating a full saddle with black points
      apawd - blanketed wildtype -- alpine coloration with added wildtype

wildtype combinations
      awdat - wildtype points -- wildtype restricted to tan point areas
      akawd - extreme wildtype -- kih pattern wildtype with very minimal areas of white
      awdas - blanketed wildtype -- eumelanin solid saddle over wildtype
      awda - extreme wildtype -- wildtype with very minimal areas of white
      apawd - blanketed wildtype -- eumelanin solid saddle over wildtype
      awdat+ - wildtype points -- wildtype restricted to tan point areas
      awdas+ - blanketed wildtype -- eumelanin solid saddle over wildtype
      awdalk - extreme wildtype -- kaloula pattern wildtype with minimal areas of white
      abawd - mottled wildtype -- wildtype with minimal areas of barbu dappling

kiharara combinations
      awak - patterned agouti -- darker shaded agouti
      akat - kiharara -- kiharara with pheomelanin points
      akas - kiharara point -- kiharara combined with saddle
      aka - extreme kiharara -- kiharara with extended eumelanin shading
      akap - extreme kiharara -- kiharara with extended eumelanin shading
      akat+ - kiharara -- kiharara with pheomelanin points
      akas+ - kiharara point -- kiharara combined with saddle
      akawd - extreme wildtype -- kih pattern wildtype with very minimal areas of white
      akalk - kiharara -- kiharara with a banded kaloula face marking
      akab - kiharara -- kiharara with barbu tipping

barbu combinations
      asab - extended barbu -- barbu combined with saddle
      aba - minimal barbu -- minimal barbu expression with smaller areas of tipping
      as+ab - extended barbu -- barbu combined with saddle
      abawd - mottled wildtype -- wildtype with minimal areas of barbu dappling
      abalk - mottled kaloula -- kaloula with minimal areas of barbu dappling
      akab - kiharara -- kiharara with barbu tipping

Last edited by Vinson on Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breed Specifics: E & H Loci

Postby Vinson » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:25 am

Breed Specific Genes

" E + H Loci " + Combinations

Standard Breed Specifics

atat/ata + kyky + EchEch - chinchilla/minimal chinchilla
      ➛ based off of chinchillas
      ➛➛ x x x | x

notes: dilutes any shade of pheomelanin to silver/offwhite, collies with EchEch but not atat/ata kyky will present
      as if their E locus was E_ (normal expression of A locus)

at+at+/at+a + kyky + EchEch - reverse chinchilla/minimal reverse chinchilla
      ➛ based off of chinchillas, with colors flipped from the normal variant
      ➛➛ x x x | x

EmbEmb - bausant mask
      ➛ based off of badger markings
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: pattern varies by collie, especially the inner white markings

EmcEmc - cervus mask
      ➛ based off of elk
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: an extreme form of extended masking

EmpEmp - procyon mask
      ➛ based off of racoon markings
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: both facial masking and tail banding are present

EmgEmg - glass mask
      ➛ symmetrical white markings around the eyes and face, inspired by rorschach inkblots
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: regular shading of the mask is usually minimal with glass mask markings over it

erer - eryth
      ➛ based off of erythrism which is an abnormal amount of red in an animal's coat
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: all eumelanin covered by pheomelanin, "ere" is a very minimal form of eryth

efef - eryth
      ➛ adds freckling to the face, chest, back, and paws
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: efef freckles the face, chest, back, and paw areas while efe freckles mainly the face, with the possibility of some
      freckling along the back or chest. efer has the same range of freckling as efef along an eryth coat.

E Locus Combinations
      ➛ Emb/Emc/Emg/Emp paired with E/Ech/er/e will be a regular mask
      ➛ Emb/Emc/Emg/Emp paired with Em will be that breed specific mask
      ➛ Glass masking is codominant with all other breed specific mask types. These collies may be referred to as 'double masked'

Striped Harlequin

Hsh - striped harlequin
      ➛ based off of spotted skunks
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: striped harlequin will not show with cryptic merle or no merle, and will be present differently depending on the M locus

Last edited by Vinson on Sat May 28, 2022 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breed Specifics: K Locus

Postby Vinson » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:30 am

Breed Specific Genes

" K Locus "

Standard Breed Specifics

kckc - king brindle
      ➛ based off of king cheetahs
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: classic king cheetah pattern, affects pheomelanin like regular brindle

kvikvi - viverrid
      ➛ based off of owston's civets
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: classic owston's civet pattern, affects pheomelanin like regular brindle

kckvi - marbled king
      ➛ based off of marbled bengal cats
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: pattern varies between collie, affects pheomelanin like regular brindle

KbxKbx - blixt
      ➛ based off of storm clouds
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: merle will hide blixt, but it can be affected by harlequin

kg - glass brindle group
      ➛ glass brindle (kgkg), minimal glass brindle (kgky), broken glass brindle (kbrkg), viverra (kgkvi), and panthera (kgkc)
      ➛➛ glass brindle, minimal glass brindle, broken glass brindle, viverra, panthera

notes: turns brindling white and allows for more abstract, artistic patterns.
      broken glass brindle is a combination of normal brindling and fine/thin glass brindle dispersed throughout the coat.
      viverra follows the spotting pattern of the african palm civet with additional white spotting along the legs and underside, with a viverrid-like face pattern.
      panthera is an abstraction of the broken mackerel tabby pattern in domestic cats, with white spotting along the legs and underside.

Last edited by Vinson on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breed Specifics: S Locus

Postby Vinson » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:37 am

Breed Specific Genes

" S Locus "

Belted

sbsb - belted
      ➛ based off of dutch belted cattle
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: Ssb minimal belted is a very thin belt

sisb + spsb - belted white
      ➛ belted with white on the face and/or legs
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: belted whites do not have the full belt of an extreme belted

swsb - extreme belted white
      ➛ belted with a large, extended belt around the sides and with white on the face and legs
      ➛➛ x x

notes: belt is unbroken covering the shoulders to the flank

Striped White

stst - striped white
      ➛ based off of striped skunks
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: Sst minimal striped white is a thin strip on the withers. a facial star/diamond should be present on all collies with an 'st' allele.

sist + spst + sbst- extended striped white
      ➛ a wide variation of striped wide with white on the legs
      ➛➛ x x x

notes: amount of white varies between collies, but usually features at least a wide patch on the flank

swst - extreme striped white
      ➛ a very extended form of striped white, with white covering the legs in a specific pattern
      ➛➛ x x x

Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me