LOC Event || The Oasis || Event Lions

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

LOC Event || The Oasis || Event Lions

Postby starry--knight » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:17 am

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome Travelers! To the next event in the LOC species.
Don't get too comfortable however, you have a long journey ahead!

Oasis Event Resources

Games and Raffles

Main Adopts and Fanclub

Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Event || The Oasis || Event Lions Rules

Postby starry--knight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:35 am

|| Event RULES and Guidlines ||
All general rules and questions look HERE

1- Please keep all regular event talk on the main event thread.
      ---> All regular related LOC talk can go to the Fanclub

2- If there are any concerns regarding the Event Lore while adopting i.e. something isn't super clear, want more insight, etc.
      ---> Direct all problems to me directly via PM

3- Be polite and courteous when interacting with staff and other members
      ---> No discouraging others from trying out or participating in event adopts/ forms (bullying)
      ---> No sustaining an argument, if the problem cannot be resolved by 1-2 responses take it to pm
      ---> No guilt tripping sympathy in order to gain favor in an adopt.

4- Be sure to read to LOC info website found HERE
      ---> The website contains valuable information regarding the LOC species and habits, please read it
      ---> If you find there are unanswered questions you have after reading please pm me to discuss!

5- It goes without saying, but all of Tess's rules apply
      ---> In general just act as you would when out in public, and take any concerns to myself or other appointed staff in the LOC community.

6- You may only apply and tryout for One LOC.
      ---> No exceptions are to be made on this rule. You must pick one lion and apply for only that one
      ---> Switching to another lion is fine if you change your mind, however you can only win one Event lion
      ---> This rule does not apply to LOC raffle lions or other lions that don't require forms.

7- You must have the MAIN portion of your form posted a week before the final end date
      ---> You can have all non-necessary items such as extras and art hidden until 3 days before the comp closes.
      ---> Failure to do so will result in a disqualification.

8 - Be sure to look at our newly created NEWBIE GUIDE for form tips and other useful advice for form building!

9- All staff, excluding new hires, may not apply for event lions.

10 - More rules may be added should any additional issues arise.
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Event Lions

Postby starry--knight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm

|| Event Lions for Adoption ||

For these adopts please keep in mind their pupils! Some lions have diamond shaped eyes - this is a mark of "immortality" meaning they cannot leave the Oasis or meet instant death. Additionally lions with the diamond pupil cannot breed!

#1 Designed by Willow ||Gender - Female || Element - Sand & Fire || Rank - Up to Owner || (hairless)

#2 Designed by Pengu.||Gender - Female || Element - Color & Light || Rank - Oasis Knight || Wingless

#3 Designed by Pengu. ||Gender - Male || Element - Ice & Death || Rank - Oasis Sentinel ||

#4 Designed by HobbitGeek ||Gender - Male || Element - Life & Air || Rank - Oasis Knight ||

#5 Designed by starry--knight ||Gender - Female || Element - Poison & Darkness || Rank - Oasis General ||

#6 Designed by starry--knight edits by Willow||Gender - Male || Element - Earth & Light || Rank - Oasis Bard ||

#7 Designed by starry--knight, edits by Willow ||Gender - Male || Element - Metal & Psychic || Rank - Oasis Artisan ||

#8 Designed by starry--knight, edits by Willow||Gender - Male || Element - Sound || Rank - Oasis Guard ||

#9 Designed by Pengu. ||Gender - Female || Element - Tar || Rank - Oasis General || (Blood Moon)

#10 Designed by Pengu, Edits and Palette by Mechanic Drone ||Gender - Male || Element - Love & Darkness || Rank - Oasis Guide ||

#11 Designed by Mechanic Drone ||Gender - Female || Element - Owner Decides! || Rank - Oasis Merchant ||

#12 Designed by sun bear ||Gender - Female || Element - Owner Decides! || Rank - Owner Decides! ||

#13 Designed by Rohan. ||Gender - Female || Element - Sound & Water || Rank - Owner Decides! || (Lake Cub)

#14 Designed by Willow ||Gender - Male or Female || Element - Teleportation & Color || Rank - Owner Decides! || (6,000+ years of age)

#15 Designed by Bootless ||Gender - Female || Element - Disease || Rank - Owner Decides! || (eyes are slit, not diamonds!)
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Event || The Oasis || Oasis Ranks

Postby starry--knight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm

|| Oasis Ranks||

Council Member - those who set the laws, determine the final say in conflict, etc.
      Ambassador - those sent to resolve conflicts within and outside of the Oasis
      Council Sentinel - specific guards who’s only job is to protect and defend those on the council. (Limited spots until new council members are added)
      Orb Sentinel - 8 guards hand selected to protect the orb of the council.
      Oasis General - Trains and commands the knights and guards under the watchful eye and expertise of the council. (Have multiple generals)
      Oasis Knight - Trained for potential fighting though have never truly seen battle before
      Oasis Guard - protect the Oasis from outward dangers potentially, protect the citizens within, protect those sent outside of the Oasis (rare), are additionally trained for fighting in wars if needed.
      Gate Keeper - Have the knowledge and required element (Earth & Metal) to operate the bridges that connect the Oasis with Lochren. (These lions do not have both elements, have two separate lions to prevent outsiders from learning their secrets of the bridges.
      Merchant - sell items within the main trading area
      Artisans - metal workers and leather.
      The Bard - bless special items of the Oasis with star light.
      Wanderer - Those tasked to leave the Oasis and then return with the knowledge they have recieved and relay onto the council.
      The Guide - Those who teach the young and the ones who sort the young depending on their shown potential
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Event || The Oasis || Event Forms

Postby starry--knight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm

|| Event Forms and End Date ||

Code: Select all
Username -
Name -
Gender -
Element(s) -
Rank -
Personality -
History -
Extras -

End Date is --> March 12th, 2018!
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Event || The Oasis || Event Lions - NO POSTING

Postby starry--knight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Now open for posting!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Event || The Oasis || Event Lions

Postby NARANDA » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Removed
Last edited by NARANDA on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 56 times in total.
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eriecht » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 pm

The Basics
Username - Alaric Glöckner
Name - Ishnifus
Gender - Male
Elements - Metal + Psychic
Rank - Artisan
Age - 1,000 years
Height - 14 feet
Build - Stocky, muscular
Personality
Quiet | Creative | Defensive | Wise | Realistic
Upon first meeting Ishnifus, one would say he's rather odd, strange. In crowds of celebration, the bulky male would more likely be seen in silence rather than socializing. Some say it's funny he even shows up to events because he seldom participates in conversation, but when he does make a friend they say he's an interesting type. Usually, Ishnifus is quiet around strangers; he's more likely to chime in to conversations when he's around pals.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
As a skilled artisan, Ishnifus must have an artistic side; he uses his powers and emotions to their full potential in every piece of metal that he crafts. His armors are always adorned with intricate engravings and details, which he loves to show off. He created his own armor, and although he doesn't usually fight, he wears it often to advertise his skills (...or to brag). Metalwork is not the only form of creativity Ishnifus holds. He can often be seen making up games with cubs, making a lowkey training session seem a field day to a young one.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

One of Ishnifus's most unusual traits is how he reacts towards confrontation. Never does he truly mean harm, so when his ways are questioned even by his closest of friends he goes on the defensive and fights to explain what he does. It sometimes seems like an argument when he gets in this state if any of his soft spots are hit with what he sees as an insult! The positive part is, he could learn to understand his faults if the one he's talking with can explain their points well. Generally, the better one knows Ishnifus, the easier he is to talk to.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
With a somewhat well understanding of his own flukes, Ishnifus can give insight to others who seek help through him. Combined with his ability to think outside the box, this lion can help lead any troubled soul down the right path. Even if sometimes all he can do is speak, he can suggest the way to get to the best outcome of a bad situation. Ishnifus claims even his enemies have turned to him for guidance.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
Though every now and then he says something off the wall, Ishnifus is rather down-to-earth about most situations. He won't give someone advice they cannot achieve, for example. He also doesn't get his hopes up for something unlikely to happen, and always considers that the worst can happen. Others wonder how he can be so cool and collected, but it's usually only because he thought out the scenario beforehand.
Attacks
"A lion with the gift of metal can: Bend metallic objects to their will, creating or destroying pre-existing items such as armor. Can be used to Kill, wound, protect or disarm enemies."
Iron Crush
Bends metal from a slight distance, without having to use any movement or effort.
Homing Sword
Send metallic spears at an enemy, reaching speeds high enough to pierce armors.
Nature's Protection
Pull natural metals from the ground and surroundings towards himself, forming a shield around his body.
Melt
Simply making metal soft, makes etching designs easier when building, but also useful in battle to weaken enemy armor. Paired with "Iron Crush", it can destroy armor.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
"A lion with the gift of psychic can: Predict small things in the future, tell whether a lion will live or die by touch. Have small control over telepathy, though not as powerful as the telepathic element."
Death's Calling
Can tell what is about to cause death to a dying lion by touch. Also feels how much pain it causes.
I Heard That
If a lion thinks too strongly, or actually tries to give him a message, he can read minds.
Blocked Signal
Stops a Telepathy lion from communicating through thought for a short time.
The Artist in Us All
No battle effects, but gives him an idea of a customer's "style", like what they may want their armor to look like.

History - Ghostly Past
The day started out as any other—a bright sky and silence. Ishnifus had just grown from cubhood recently and wanted to celebrate with a walk outside the Oasis. He enjoyed exploring to some degree, even as a cub he walked around surrounding Oasis territory. Now that he was confident he could defend himself, the strong lion wanted to see more. It wasn’t like his Dawning of Light ceremony; there was no time to take in the scenery during that adventure.
At first, Ishnifus was in awe at all the sights. His senses were overflowing; he smelled strange plants, saw crazy-colored wildlife, and nothing could describe how exciting it was for the young male to experience this adventure. However, the exploration was getting boring after not discovering something new for a few hours. He was also getting hungry and ready to say he was satisfied with his adventure, ready to go home. A sound suddenly caught his attention near a steep hill. It was a crack, like a stick. Ishnifus thought it could be another creature, a Taxon maybe. He knew they were common out here. Eager to see a live one, he crept closer to investigate.
Approaching the hill, the lion realized it looked more like a cliff, or a mountain if he wanted to be creative about how steep it truly was. Slightly distracted for a split second, the beast behind the shrubs jumped out—and straight at Ishnifus!
It was another lion, one cloaked in metal that was not easily dented. His armor was bulky, sturdy, and it hit Ishnifus head-on, tackling them both down the slope. The heavy steel came down on Ishnifus's tail but the subtle snap of bone was nothing compared to the adrenaline rush that came over him. Ishnifus was fighting for his life as he fell, his attacker clung to him with razor-like claws. The second Ishnifu’s back hit the bottom of the cliff, he kicked the other lion away with his powerful hind legs. One thing about him always exploring was the workout it brought. Ishnifus stood to his feet, snarling and giving low hisses at the armored foe. He couldn’t identify where the lion was from, but he looked almost like a loner. He had no time to think about it, the mysterious lion leapt again at him, this time lashing out at his face and throat! Fear filled the innocent lion then, and he had no choice but to use his elements against this seasoned fighter.
He took the chance while the violent foe was nearly once again on top of him to Melt his armor. Ishnifus made the metal soft, bendable… vulnerable. This was the upper hand he needed, he knew, and with a sudden roar, pushed the attacking lion away, jumping on top of him in the process, and decided the only way to end the battle is if this psycho can’t move! He began bending the armor with his mind, his front paws pinned against the now-soft chest plate. He twisted it tightly. A smirk crossed Ishnifus’s maw; he felt daring now that the tides were turned. He placed a threatening paw on the small amount of exposed throat on his enemy. Suddenly both Ishnifus and the opposing lion’s eyes widened three times their usual size. Ishnifus felt a surging pain through his chest, his psychic abilities tuning in the instant he made contact with the other lion, and saw something he was not able to process quickly enough when the lion’s chest plate gave way under Ishnifus’s weight. A crunch from the rib cage, loud and gruesome, was heard as the two locked eyes just before the foe’s gaze went blank.

He literally experienced his foe die, he felt his soul drift away from his body. Heart pounding, Ishnifus couldn't quite comprehend the reality, the butterfly feeling refusing to fleet from his gut. His limbs felt weak and his own body, while the opponents slowly cooled, heated with adrenaline. All the while, his eyes never unhinging from the white moons of the other lion's. The image was permanently branding itself into Ishnifus's mind.
He removed his weight from the deformed, mangled armor beneath him. Panic flooded his entire being; he nudged the lion’s still body hoping it wasn’t true, hoping he didn’t just take someone’s life. It took several seconds of silence for reality to sink in. Scared of what else could happen out here in the unknown lands, Ishnifus returned, swiftly, to the Oasis.
Although his emotions and fears clashed in his heart and mind, Ishnifus knew he couldn’t ignore what he had done. The brute wasn’t used to battles, never fought a day in his life before today. He told the Council about his experience, blood still oozing from deep cuts on his shoulder and snout. He relived the brutal moments when his psychic intellect kicked in a split second before he saw what he was doing with his own eyes. To his shock, Ishnifus was deemed not guilty, and the incident was concluded as self-defense. He didn’t think it was fair. He should be punished, surely, yes?
Ishnifus took it upon himself to avoid physical arguments. Something sparked in him that day, too. He really grew up, not just literally from a cub, but mentally as well. He matured, became aware of how others felt and learned to become rational in stressful situations. Oddly enough, sometimes he gives short brags about the day, but for the first few hundred years never told anyone about it.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
History - Shaping a Future
She was always so intrigued by me, too interested I thought sometimes. She was just a cub, though, and she wanted someone to bond with, to mentor her. I was recently assigned my rank. As an Artisan, it’s my duty to craft armor. I never was a typical artist though; my metalwork has details and colors where other workers would dull the pieces.

Fereshteh wanted to be like me. It felt strange having someone look up to you. I give her a smirk as I lead her to my shop, warning her sternly not to touch anything unless I told her it was okay. See, I wasn’t being mean… I was just uneasy letting a cub into my shop with heavy equipment and colors that could stain. I was impressed, actually, how well she listened. What was more amazing was how well she handled the objects I gave her to work with.
Fereshteh had poor elements for her career choice. She, of course, wanted to be an Artisan. After a while, I realized I was a role model to her. I felt a glow of pride inside myself as I told her she could decorate a helmet I just made however she wanted. She splattered it with paints, adorned it with gems, and inscribed some filigree into the metal after I soften it for her.
This young cub kept me busy, going going going on crafting armors. My first few years of metalwork were certainly my best, but only because Fereshteh eagerly begged to help me out. She taught me more than I taught her, if I could be honest. Even after she ranked General, she still stopped by to help me in the shop occasionally.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
Sometimes I would see her from afar. She always looked so busy, but with no work around her to be found, I thought. Sometimes, out of interest, I approached her and we sparked a conversation. Naja, I learned, was good at her job and took it seriously. I admired that in her, and we bonded over tales of work often.
However, the day I found out Naja had been murdered, I felt a crushing pang in my chest, a longing maybe, to talk to her again. I found my depression showing in my work. It wasn’t like me to care so much and I was confused about my emotional state. I even felt a tad of guilt. I guess I should have cherished our friendship more; maybe I could have done something to prevent her death.

Days went by, and I heard someone tell of Naja coming back. I rushed to where I was told she was, demanding answers. I didn’t realize until after the conversation how much force was on my voice. To my surprise, she had sympathy for me, and didn't lash at my waves of questions. Instead of harping on what I could have done, I try to keep at Naja’s side now, in the present, to help her recover instead.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
Never had I thought war would barge right into the Oasis. The Pride. I got a bad feeling when I knew about their presence. Naturally, I want to see who these soldiers are and find out if our home is also their best interest.
I arrive in the crowds with a scowl on my face. I swear I gave off an equally intimidating vibe as the Pride lions, because nobody approached me. Annoyed, I picked out the most eye-catching member and went to see what this was all about. Apparently, I picked the wrong girl for information, but the right one for making friends.
Daenerys sure was odd. Our first interaction was of silence—very awkward silence. I gave her a disapproving glare when she didn’t answer my questions and was about to turn away when suddenly I hear “How annoying, the brute…” and I turn to face her again, staring at her. We locked eyes, and I heard her again, her mouth not moving “Y-you heard that? Oops…” and she smirked. It dawned on me that this lioness was mute. I promptly informed her to think loudly so I could hear her, and she hasn’t been quiet since! Never did I have such a silent yet so talkative friend, and from the Pride at that! I suppose I shouldn’t have judged the new lion pack so quickly.
Armor - Sentinel or Knight based
Ishnifus sports a strong, sturdy armor to advertise for his metal workshop. He crafted the armor himself, down to the last detail in the engravings. He displays it as a useful piece; no part of the metal is useless. However, the armor does have its quirks. The bars on his back could act as handlebars, for when Eros "rides him into battle", a game they often play. It also holds an appealing effect to balance its practical uses. The colors are eye-catching in hopes to attract lions seeking the best the Oasis has to offer. Ishnifus, like most Oasis dwellers, has never seen a true battle, but wears his armor quite often anyway.
Relationships
Mitus
Being so full of insight and understanding of others' suffering, Mitus feels like a guide to Ishnifus. He wouldn't say the council member is a role model (nobody is to him), but the morals the old lion possesses have definitely impacted Ishnifus's view on life. He is loyal to Mitus, to say the least.
Ethereal
As the Pride alpha, Ishnifus sees Ethereal as their figurehead. Though he decided not to approach Ethereal yet, he dislikes the vibes he gets from the alpha and his pack. He would not do any disrespect to Ethereal but he also doesn't plan to be automatically friendly, either.
Oryx
It isn't often Ishnifus finds a good friend. Though Oryx has his own duties to worry about, he always finds a way to spare Ishnifus a few hours. They can talk for hours about deep, philosophical subjects, from emotions to war to outside affairs. Oryx is one of Ishnifus's most respected friends.
Daenerys
Thanks to his mind-reading power, Ishnifus is one in few lions that can talk to Rys. She can send him a message telepathically, and he can respond to her out loud as he shows her how to craft armor. Daenerys shows interest in his artwork and crafts, so he finds her fun to be around, even though she teases him from time to time.
Kuchli
At first sight, Chli seemed like any other Pride lion. However, Ishnifus was caught off guard when he sparked up a conversation. Although his vibrancy was almost annoying to the serious male, Chli grew on him and he considered him a friend right from the start. He wonders if Chli is serious about the war, but never questioned him.
Naja
Since she was young, Ishnifus saw Naja as having potential. She had a good head on her shoulders, very smart. After the incident and her amnesia, Ishnifus couldn't help but check on her health. She was a bit more timid than he remembered, but they slowly became friends as he visited her more and more frequently.
Eros
(applied for by Mortikat) These two always had a strong friendship from the beginning. They are often seen playing and teaching each other. Sometimes Ishnifus needs to put the spitfire in her place, but they never held a grudge against each other no matter how bad the other "messed up".
Fereshteh
(applied for by NARANDA) Ishnifus was still training when Fershteh was a cub. Since he was ranked as an artisan, it seemed Fereshteh had an instant connection to him. Upon her request, he took her under his wing and did what he could to teach her about forging. They became close friends in the process.

Views
Against aiding the Pride, will become allies if the Oasis gets involved; Oasis Loyal/Allegiance

Living in peace most of his life, Ishnifus is against getting involved with the current outside events. Mitus worked millenniums to form the Utopia that is his home, and Ishnifus would much rather keep it safe than risk it for the affairs of others. However, this lion would not sit by if they do end up going to war on the side of the Pride. If the Oasis got involved, Ishnifus would do his duty to defend the land he lives in--he would fight alongside the Pride if it meant protecting his peace and the ones he holds dear. He likely wouldn't try to battle directly, but the effort put forth into making sturdy, durable armor would be most evident. Occasionally, his psychic insight could prove to be useful when he has a bad feeling about an event.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Credits
Art 1, Art 2, Art Pack and Armor by
Me (Alaric Glöckner)
Relationship Bubbles by
Mechanic Drone
Grammar corrections/ proofreader
Keen
Relationship Helpers
(I spoke with everyone to get a good idea of how each lion would get along with Ishnifus)
Mitus and Ethereal- starry--knight
Oryx and Kuchli- Vraska the Unseen
Naja- Keen
Daenerys and Eros- Mortikat
Fereshteh- NARANDA

*I understand that I will need to change/edit relationships if the users mentioned that are trying out for other LoCs do not win
Last edited by Eriecht on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 80 times in total.
Eriecht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Vanya

Username: Mechanic Drone
Name: Vanya
Name Meaning: Graceful
Height: 12 feet
Elements: Poison and Darkness
Affiliation: Oasis
Theme Song: Life in her Yet by Rag'N'Bone Man
Build
Vanya is a very lean and toned lioness from all of the battle training she has been through. Though she is very fit, her long silk-like fur covers most of it up allowing her to conceal her true physical strength from her enemies. Her posture is very regal and elegant and she tends to walk lightly with each step placed is gently in front of one another. She always is found wearing the small headpiece from her armor and it is very rare to be seen without it.

"She still remembers a time that was uncomplicated,
    but sure as the sun rise she's seen things that you'll never see"
Personality

Elegant | Obedient | Realist | Blunt | Cold | Intense | Courageous | Withdrawn | Caring | Nostalgic

At first observation it isn’t difficult to see the elegance and grace Vanya displays outwardly. Her head is always held high, and she carries herself with light carefully placed steps. For most who haven’t met Vanya, they share a look of confusion and surprise upon hearing she is a general for the Oasis. They figured that, due to the way she held herself and her fragile outward appearance, she belonged to a higher station – one that required verbal tact over brutal force. Though often misconstrued as a pampered type, Vanya exhibits an extremely loyal and resilient attitude towards both her duties as a General but also to the Oasis. Just as highly as she holds her head, her standards and wishes to preform and surpass the tasks assigned by the Council are on the forefront of her priorities. Though she may disagree with the Council’s rulings and judgments, it is this level of respect and discipline to her work that molds her into a great leader. However, a great leader also knows when to speak up when things challenge their moral compass and could perhaps be solved by ulterior means. Her loyalty and obedience is unwavering, but it does not prevent her from expressing “concerns” should and would they arise. Ultimately, whatever the council settles upon, Vanya will ensure they are done in a timely and efficient manner, even if that means she has to set out and do it herself.

Frequently, Vanya can come across as rather blunt and rude when she expresses her views on a subject. She isn’t afraid of speaking up for what she believes in and looking at things objectively - all feelings aside. Vanya has an uncanny knack for keeping to an impartial outlook on a myriad of topics ranging from the simplest of disputes to the darkest subjects within the intellectual world. This realist viewpoint paired with the fact she isn’t one to beat around the bush is one of the reasons she makes a great general. To her subordinates, Vanya can be extremely harsh, her ultimate goal is to get each and every knight under her command to preform to the best of their own abilities. Even though this harshness causes many beneath her to despise her, they ultimately come to understand Vanya’s tactics are there to strengthen the weaker links within themselves and the division. Most who come across as harsh are synonymous with yelling and aggression, instead Vanya has found that her lack of yelling and instilment of fear causes all beneath her to fall in line. To the council her ability to come up with in-depth plans on the spot while accurately predicting things such as causalities, success rates, strengths and weaknesses of troops and her comprehension of the enemy makes her an invaluable asset. However these traits can also get Vanya into hot waters. When in discussion and deliberation with her fellow peers, due to the fact she isn’t one to hold back her grievances, her choice in words and general tone can be perceived as lacking sympathy or empathy. She is strongest and best suited for situations that lack these communication tactics but falls short to connect and therefore form bonds with others resulting in her sometimes crude language and lack of emotional understanding.

To the outside world, Vanya portrays a cold and intense demeanor. This is not just because of her position as General and the clout that follows it, but also in direct result of the things she has endured. The loss of her father and the events surrounding her one year journey, in addition to the prides arrival to the Oasis helped form the shell that Vanya uses to protect herself from the cruelty their world offers. Though even as a child Vanya never displayed much emotion, her years and the horrors laced within them left the young lioness to build a wall that at one point never existed. These things solidified to her that it was better to be cold hearted than to face the atrocities of what the world and the species has devolved to. Choosing the path of least resistance, Vanya blocked most emotion, opting to live her life free from the weight these would undoubtedly carry. This isn’t to say she lacks any feelings, it is more so a developed coping mechanism to not only handle her job but also the other terrors the world throws her way.

On the battle field and in the presence of injustice, Vanya’s courage knows no bounds. Neither physical danger nor mental strain can prevent her from jumping feet first into any affair. She would not hesitate to put her life on the line if it meant protecting her homeland and the fate of her people. Though this attribute has never been fully realized due to the Oasis’s isolationist policies, the actions she has taken to smaller squabbles and disputes only alludes to this untapped gem within herself. Despite this fiery braveness, in her own private life she is quiet and withdrawn. If up to her, Vanya would keep to herself entirely save for the company of her mother and a select group of others. Socializing was never Vanya’s strong suite so when free from her responsibilities the normally loud and well heard general fades into the background. In some ways she lives a split life, presenting a strength and unrelenting resolve at one moment to a reserved and pensive individual the next. Included in this more reserved part of Vanya is the emphasis of privacy. Free from duty, her desire to be undisturbed is only matched by her expectations of others to allow for this privacy. She believes that since she offers others the luxury of their seclusion, she expects the same curtesy in return.

Contrary to what many believe, Vanya can be a caring individual if one is able to gain her trust. Though it isn’t an often seen trait, to those she loves, her passion and interest in their well-being is laid out as clearly as the runes etched into the stones of the Oasis. To those outside of her tight knit circle, gaining access to this warm side of her can prove to be more than just a challenge. Due to the events of her childhood, her cold heart leaves many to try and many more to fail in capturing Vanya’s affections. If successful in the quest to gain Vanya as an ally, she is loyal to the bitter end. She becomes a confidant, there to listen, help and rely upon if and when she is needed. However, though Vanya may care greatly for those who have gained her trust, her ultimate loyalty and duty to the Oasis causes her to choose the commands of a superior over those of a friend. Even with a cold demeanor and a hidden heart of gold, Vanya has found herself falling into the traps of nostalgia. Her mixtures of regret, guilt and fond thoughts of a time since past, Vanya often finds her heart fluttering at certain sights that remind her of her father. When she was young, such ideas would have been laughable, but over time she grew to understand that these memories and feelings were something to hold onto and cherish. After receiving her armor, given by Mitus and worn by her father, her fierceness shifted to that of reflection, leaving her often times cracking a smile in remembrance. Vanya would never openly display or admit to these sentiments, but is glad to hold them close and keep them private – keep them her own.

"Losses and heartaches amount to her strength,
    but oh how they all take their toll"

History

Vanya was a single child belonging to two loving parents. They struggled to produce children of their own, due to their old age, so the circumstances surrounding Vanya’s birth created a strong and special bond between them. Both of her parents held respectable positions and were well esteemed within the community - her mother a bard, talented in blessing items with starlight and her father the orb sentinel, tasked with protecting the Oasis’s most precious treasure. Their jobs made them a shining beacon as parents and a wonderful set to raise a family – however since they were only able have Vanya, their desire to love their only child caused them to pamper her much too often. She was spoiled, every whim and fancy she wanted was given almost without question. They wanted her to have a good life, to get anything and everything she desired. In some respects her parents love spoke, and any onlooker could see Vanya was happy and living a good life, but their pampering also led to them pushing their wants and desires on her.

Vanya had very different views for the path she wanted to walk down. Her mother wanted her to become an artisan, a path free from violence and potential harm that would undoubtedly head her way. But Vanya wanted something more – she yearned to be a knight, to fight for the Oasis and for her family as many had done before her. This desire to fight scared her mother due to Vanya’s frail and fragile frame and mannerisms. As a cub Vanya was always tripping over her long fur, making her clumsy and unrefined. Fighting belonged to another sort, unlike her daughter, as it required coordination, strength, and will. All things they had yet to witness from her. It wasn’t just her mother that thought this, it belonged on the lips of many who she confided about becoming a knight. This whispering and the mockery shattered Vanya, all of her dreams crumbled into dust in an instance as time after time she was told by those she loved that she would never accomplish her dream.

Depression draped over her as she drew more and more into herself, closing off to those she would once confided in. Vanya’s father tried to aide his troubled daughter by beginning to trim her unruly fur and pin it up so Vanya could at least walk without tripping over it, and after Vanya began to shed this bigger weight and obstacle beneath her she began to find the strength to chase her dreams. Once Vanya learned from her father how properly maintain her hair she then worked on how she walked, losing the fear behind each step and becoming confident and graceful with each passing day. When the time came for her one year journey she felt much more confident and free, ready to take on the world and whatever lay beyond. Though just as quickly as she had found the courage and the grace, it was lost to the horror of the unknown lands.

One can only prepare so much for the horrors within the unknown. Death plagued every corner and not one step can be taken without hearing the crunching of bones under ones paws. To a young, innocent and rather naive cub, the sights caused absolute horror to run through Vanya’s veins. How could things be so night and day from this place to the Oasis? Vanya was terrified at all she saw and as she walked further outside of her home things only got worse. Nothing had prepped her for this, but being on her own forced her to learn quickly how to survive in the wasteland. As the year outside went on she learned to hunt and find food amongst all the death and barren land. She even taught herself how to maintain her ever growing fur without her normal tools to ensure it wouldn’t allow for downfall. When cubs dreamed of their journey, hoping for self-discovery and the wonders of their homeland, no one warned of what this adventure would entail. Maybe once long ago these trips were safe and allowed the young to find themselves here – but now all that seems to be left was a war torn planet and scars too deep to heal. These revelations started a fire within her – a yearning to defend the innocent and to raise hell for those who had suffered through this war. But most importantly she wants to protect the Oasis from meeting the same fate as Lochren has. This journey ensured her want, no, her need to become a knight so she would be able to fulfill the raging flame within her for justice and peace.

After the year was over and Vanya finally returned to the Oasis, she came back with a strength and determination she had never displayed before. She set a goal for herself to achieve and nothing was going to stop her from keeping it. The only thing in her way was the sudden disappearance of her father. Vanya was always closest and more partial to her father and the news of his disappearance hurt her. Vanya often found herself favoring him over her mother, and anyone else she associated with. However once Vanya returned and learned of his sudden disappearance, she seemed to have lost herself. It shook her to the bone, tearing her heart apart and plunging her into a depression that lasted almost a year.

It took a lot of time for Vanya to move past her depression. Her mother and a few select friends tried their best to assist where they could, but it was still hard for her to bare. Outwardly Vanya showed signs of improving, but inwardly she was still lost and hurting. Death was not something lions in the Oasis faced often, which made the circumstances around her father’s untimely absence even more harrowing. Being her dad was the only one to believe in her becoming a knight Vanya had to take to practicing in the shadows. She had no mentor, no formal training – only the encouragement from her father’s memory and her desire to make a difference. For years Vanya trained like this, never missing her private sessions and the opportunity to improve. Though she was not as polished as she could have been with the help and critiques of others, she became a very fierce and strong warrior of her own accord.

Eventually the golden eyed lioness felt confident enough to come forward and talk to the Council about becoming a full-fledged knight. On her way towards the Council Chambers an accidental run-in with a guard sparked a heated disagreement which then escalated into a fight. The scuffle began from simple insults to Vanya’s desire to become a knight. Once he had become physically violent, Vanya returned in kind. Though no blood was shed, the commotion gathered a large crowd that caused Guard and council member alike to investigate. Once the guard was restrained and taken away, Nox complimented Vanya on her hidden talent for fighting and offered to accompany her to the council to see Mitus.

Once within the large chamber, rather than yelling or scolding, Nox explained the situation to Mitus of how impressive the entire ordeal was. Nox expressed at how shocked she was to watch a fully trained guard be taken down so quickly and by so few blows. She even went so far as to say it was embarrassing for not only the guard but of all those he represented. Intrigued by Nox’s story, Mitus granted Vanya the opportunity to become an apprentice of a knight. Though wary of Vanya’s sudden change of heart for her future rank, transitioning from wanting to be an artisan to a knight, Mitus granted her this request with the condition she was going to put in the time and effort to succeed. Vanya would have to work ten times harder than any other apprentice to make up for lost time. And, as Vanya promised, she shined and excelled in her new apprenticeship. Managing to convince the Council to grant her the rank as a Knight of the Oasis once her time as a student came to an end.

Vanya surpassed the barriers and the doubt as she grew into her knight role and within a short 200 years Mitus bestowed upon her an old family heirloom - her father’s armor. Additionally he offered Vanya her fathers once held rank of orb sentinel. Mitus even told her what had happened to him and the circumstances behind his death. Though humbled, Vanya refused the rank Mitus had offered, feeling as though she wasn’t able to fill the legacy and the shoes her father once held. Instead Mitus came up with the idea of the rank of General instead, which Vanya gladly accepted.

"She's still here fighting,
    better know there's life in her yet"

Attacks

ImagePoison AbilitiesImage

A lion with the gift of poison can: Infect others, emit a gaseous toxin that can plague an enemy over time; can also take away any poison applied by another lion/ remove toxins.

Fatigue
      This move applies a toxin to a host that slowly drains their energy, stamina, and drive. Those afflicted continue to experience these effects making this attack a long term aliment. As time goes by the strength of this specific poison increases until cured or the death of the host.
      Low Energy Use | Little Concentration Required

Viper
      Vanya has the ability to focus her potent venom into her fangs allowing her to inject a large amount of it into a target wherever she bites them. The poison she uses for this ability is similar to that of a spider's causing the host's insides to liquefy and can lead to death if not treated immediately.
      High Energy Use | Extreme Concentration Required

Exhale
      This attack is one of great utility for Vanya to use. Taking a deep breath she converts her liquid toxins to that of a gas which she uses to spread across a large area afflicting any who enter the noxious smog. Can vary in severity and toxic effects from things such as burning enemies' lungs to causing paralysis.
      Medium to High Energy Use | Moderate Concentration Required

Purge
      If Vanya or an ally becomes afflicted with toxins or poisons, Vanya is able to release antibodies to fight off the toxic partials within the affected host by bite. This ability acts passively within Vanya and when applied to poisoned lions these antibodies are fast acting and can relieve many symptoms within moments.
      Low Energy Use | No Concentration Required

Toxic Coating
      In times of danger Vanya is able to coat certain parts of her body with poison to help her with both offensive maneuvers as well as defensive tactics. Offensively she can do things such as coat her claws in toxins in order to directly apply them to a target. Defensively she can quickly cover areas with poison enemies may target, exposing them to the toxin if touched or ingested.
      Low to Medium Energy Use | Low Concentration Required

ImageDarkness AbilitiesImage

A lion with the gift of darkness can: Cover any area with darkness, can blind foes, create distractions, cloud the mind, manipulate shadows.

Shroud
      Vanya uses this ability to effectively conceal herself for long amounts of time by consuming all the light within immediate proximity of herself. In doing so this attack allows Vanya to create a veil that when applied creates opportunity for both offensive and defensive maneuvers. This can be done in the form of being able to mask herself to avoid attack as well as enable retreat.
      Low Energy Use | Low Concentration Required

Deception
      Vanya reaches within the minds of others and fills them with darkness. This effectively confuses them or can even putting them into a trance of sorts rendering them as an easy target for herself or others. This ability is often used more in one on one combat as it takes a large amount of energy to sustain and effects each target differently.
      High Energy Use | High Concentration Required

Eclipse
      This ability sets out a large cloud like darkness that can roll over vast areas with ease, turning the environment into a night like state. This then lowers the visibility for enemies causing great confusion or paranoia. Though this ability doesn't make things pitch black, Vanya is able to use it over a much larger area and can sustain it for longer period. If it were to consist of utter darkness the ability would limit her range as well as duration.
      Medium Energy Use | Low Concentration Required

Veil
      When trying to avoid sight from a single enemy Vanya can cast darkness over their eyes rendering them completely blind for a limited amount of time. This ability can only be used on one lion in a single instance and though it is an extremely effective attack for a multitude of reasons the duration and energy drain makes it difficult to use often and efficiently.
      High Energy Use | High Concentration

Abyss
      Vanya's ability to consume light allows her to effectively hide her and her allies for relatively long amounts of time. Unlike her shroud ability this move is more focused around the group as apposed to the individual. This is usually only ever used to get groups in position for sneak attacks, patrolling hostile areas, and if necessary can be used for a hasty retreat.
      Medium Energy Use | Medium Concentration

"Time will take us all, and turn us into stones.
    It leaves us with regret and picks apart the threads,
    hung over fragile bones"

Viewpoints

ImageOasis - An Unwavering LoyaltyImage

Vanya’s loyalties lie with the Oasis – and remains unchallenged. Though like many who dwell here, Vanya is partial to their way of life and the system they serve because only a rare few have experienced life beyond their porcelain bubble. Even though she is willing to learn and grow to see other ways of existence ultimately her life experience has heavily aligned her heart and allegiance to the Oasis and its people. In a lot of respects, Vanya never really considered what other lions on Lochren had to endure, and it was only after seeing all the death within the unknown lands that she even considered the fates of those beyond their fortress. It was this journey that planted the seed within her mind that if there was a chance the Oasis can help mend the war torn planet that it was worth doing so for the sake of peace. She knows and understands the Oasis’s hesitation, it was something she once agreed upon, however after seeing the reach of Arknon and his undead she knows that remaining neutral would ultimately lead to their demise. Should the council choose not to get involved, Vanya would of course respect their decision, however it would not sit well with her if the Oasis was invaded due to their inaction.

ImagePride – The Cure to Safeguard Their FutureImage

Vanya has yet to come to any clear or concise conclusions about the Pride. Their leader Ethereal though young and abrasive, is more wise and powerful than she initially thought. Vanya cannot say for certain how she feels about the Pride, as their customs and behaviors seem so foreign and alien to her. Until she sees the lands for herself she is wary to form an opinion outside of the general knowledge the Oasis has come to learn. In regards to their request for an audience with the council, Vanya respects the Prides courage to come forward at such great a risk. And, considering the words of Ethereal and the soundness behind his logic, she has taken on a greater sense of admiration and found herself falling in agreement with his stance. Strategically, it would not make sense to wait till after the pride falls to engage Arknon or wait till they came to the Oasis. The pride, though they have contradicting ideals with Vanya and her homeland, has her support as long as the higher ups agree to aid them. As it stands, the rebellion needs to be quelled before its spark becomes the flames that devour their home.

ImageRebellion – The Sickness of LochrenImage

To Vanya, the rebellion has become the sickness of the homeland of Lochren. They follow a leader blinded by revenge and hellbent on destroying all within their wake to achieve this goal. Though it is admirable that their group at least understands the concept of loyalty, that is about the only extent to which Vanya could even commend them. To her, the rebels are vermin or a plague that needs to be quickly “cured”. At the thought of them, Vanya feels herself filling with dread and a gnawing sense of conviction to action. The Prides calls for aide only furthering her taste for battle to achieve a quick end to their looming problems. The point at which the rebellion has been allowed to rampage -mostly unchecked- Vanya cannot help but feel that those within their ranks are lost causes and have no other fate worthy than to be put down.

"Her hands tell the story of hardships that we'll never know
    Her face is a map of a lifetime on well traveled roads"

Relations

Asim – Father
    To Vanya, Asim was more than just a father. The two were inseparable, always play fighting or just hanging out when the day came to its end. He was a motivator, pushing Vanya to chase her dreams and follow her heart, wherever she journeyed. It was a decency that few others were willing to offer her, which is why Asim meant so much. Vanya’s dad was a beacon of hope - a gentle glow that warmed her very soul and gave her the courage to pursue the path she chose to walk. He was always Vanya’s constant, the one who would always be there to lift her up when her spirits were broken and to console her when her chances of succeeding seemed bleak. His words never ceased to be a comfort, and his impact on Vanya’s life resounded long after his disappearance. Asim’s absence left a hole in her heart and when Mitus told her of his death it only destroyed what little was left. Though he is deceased, Vanya holds to his memory as closely as she does his armor, using these fond thoughts to help kindle the fire of her resolve to bring him and the Oasis honor.
    Erienne – Mother
    Though Vanya loves her mother, it is very much apparent that she is not as close with her as she was her father, Asim. From the beginning, Erienne has always wanted Vanya to live a life violence free, and one of luxury and security. So much so, that she would push her desires on her daughter and made it abundantly clear that the path of an Artisan would best suit her. When her daughter stated other wishes, Erienne grew fearful for Vanya’s safety. Rather than expressing the concerns with Vanya, she instead told her the idea of becoming a knight was foolish in an attempt to dissuade and discourage her from pursuing the idea further. Erienne is not a bad mother, she took the path she felt was best for her only child – even if it meant going about it in the wrong way. Vanya understands that her mother was only looking out for her well-being though her mother’s actions did create a sizable rift between them that only grew after Asim’s death. Vanya loves her mother dearly and always shall, but the two just won’t ever see eye to eye.
    Mitus – Fatherly Mentor
    Vanya has an undying respect for Mitus, the legendary wielder of the Golden Dusts of their lands and the eldest of their kind. She reveres him both as a superior as well as appreciates all he has done for her. Vanya feels as though she owes everything that she has become because of his faith in her abilities as a Knight as well as his confidence in her to succeed in the rank of general. He is viewed almost more as a father figure to her rather than that of her superior, perhaps due to the absence of her own father, but also from the interest Mitus has taken with her wellbeing and success. In a lot of ways Vanya can see pieces of her father within him and sometimes forgets Asim when in Mitus’s presence. He has become Vanya’s safety net and close confidant since Asim’s death and her mother’s disapproval and has never failed to be there for her when she most needed it. Around him Vanya feels confident and secure – welcome. But besides the trust and admiration she places in Mitus, she believes him to be an incredible role-model and a well esteemed leader. Vanya strives to be like him just as much as she desires to fill the shoes of her father before her. In some ways Mitus replaces the inspiration her father once gave her and gives her a new reason to keep on fighting and improving.

Nox – Motherly Superior
    Nox has always interested Vanya in the sense of how Nox feels and goes about her position on the Council. Unlike many in the Antarus, the transparent starry lion seems to care very little for her work and would much rather go off on “adventures”. Though this being said, Nox makes a great member of the council for her even kilter and kind demeanor. Since their meeting in the market place of the Oasis, Vanya has grown to see Nox more than just a superior on the council but as a motherly and protective figure. She appreciates Nox vouching for her in regards to her change of apprenticeship and for sticking her neck out in Vanya’s favor. When conflict arises in Vanya’s mind and she feels it needs to be discussed, Nox is the first one she goes too. Though the two have very conflicting personalities they mesh well with one another due to Nox’s more easy going attitude and welcoming Aura. These talks they have often help Vanya and give the sometimes uptight lioness a chance to lay back and take a quiet moment to reflect.

Korryn – Motivator
    Korryn and Vanya have a somewhat interesting relation. The two are both respectful toward one another though have a tendency to get under each other’s skin. Their shared blunt personalities create a somewhat tense environment for those unfamiliar on how these two operate, however both Generals are on good terms. They both express what is on their mind without hesitation and if those thoughts disagree, rather than stepping back, they both engage and argue the point. These banters are just a tool to pass the time and allow for some friendly competition – something used collectively to push one another to be the best they can be. This relation proves to be very beneficial to Vanya, and has allowed for her to grow both intellectually and in her fighting abilities. Vanya would never outwardly admit the fact she liked Korr, but secretly she appreciates his honesty and the fact he is willing to push her to her limits.

Aruna - Conflicting Peer
    Vanya and Aruna share a somewhat conflicting relation where on one side of the spectrum they are respectful and cordial and on the other they are irritable and annoyed in the others presence. Vanya does all she can to respect her fellow peers, including her rival Aruna, though it does pose to be an even greater challenge due to her sly and somewhat skeevy personality. The two butt heads constantly and though they always seem to work things out it can be hard for Vanya to maintain a professional relation with her. Unlike Korr, their relationship is nothing more than a means to an end, both tolerating one another for the sake of their job and for the benefit of their troops. If it was up to Vanya she would not interact with Aruna at all if given the ability to do so.

"But those eyes tell nothing of a soul that is spared
    A heart that is longing for death"

The Next Chapter of my Life

Actions Speak Louder Than Words, the story of how I became a Knight

“Vanya you really must get up! Your still have an apprenticeship to get to- I would have figured by now, after these few years, this wouldn’t be much of a surprise!” Erienne‘s voice cried out in the small space we shared. She was rummaging through the den no doubt, as pieces of metal clanked and heavy fabric slapped onto the stone floor. She was attempting to get ready to leave, though it was obvious she was going to be late by the carelessness that followed each unexpected thud.

Groggily I opened my eyes and rolled over, “I don’t want to go today mom, we never do anything…”

“Well, who knows maybe you will today?” Her voice was soft though the irritation within her words was evident, “If you don’t get up now you won’t have enough time to fix your hair and tie it up. I know how you get when it drags and you have to make a good impression - especially since there aren’t many careers for you to choose from and if the artisans don’t want you...than may the stars help us all.” She scolded as she exited the den, making her way to work.

I waited a moment listening to my mother’s footsteps as the soft tapping of her feet on the stone outside slowly dissipated as she made it out of hearing range. Once I knew she was gone I sprung to my feet. Today was the day! The day I was finally going to the Council to convince them to allow me a change of my apprenticeship. Being a Knight was all I could ever think of, and I couldn’t hide the anticipation and excitement that brimmed within me. Hastily I pulled my hair up in a neat and tidy manner like the hundreds of times prior before poking my head out of the den. Looking both ways to ensure my mother was long gone and checking the coast was clear, I bounded out into the city and started to make my journey to the Chamber of Antarus.

The air felt rather warm, as did the sun on my fur as I quickly trotted through the busy streets. I had been waiting for YEARS to do this and now I finally felt ready to prove myself and take control of my life after so much time in the shadows. Slowing my pace as I hit a large group of lions within the market I maneuvered around, making sure to avoid my mother’s booth at all costs. I was being careful and observant, letting the traffic of the Oasis bustle around me as I did the same, but my mind was preoccupied with getting caught and the idea of fulfilling a long locked away dream. It was only a second of lost day dreaming that I found myself walking face first into a Guard. With a large clinking sound of my horn hitting armor I snapped out of my daze and looked up to face them.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to run into you, I should have been paying more attention…” I said, genuine sincerity in my tone as it was an honest mistake.

“Tsk, a typical artisan mistake. Head always up in the clouds, dreaming about fancy cloths or whatever you all think about.” The Guard scoffed.

His words caught me off guard, but I brushed it off. “Yeah… I guess, but I won’t be an artisan for much longer.” I responded, looking over my shoulder to keep an eye out for a familiar face.

“Hey, whatever you say princess. Dreaming of better things like what? What’s a pampered lass like you going to do if not an artisan? I know! You are changing from an artisan to a merchant to sell your trash!” He laughed, causing a small group to gather around us.

“Oh you’re serious... mkay then - don’t tell me, a Guard?...“ he paused almost hunting for some sort of response from me.

“A Knight?” - Before I could speak he was in my face sensing the shift as he spoke the words. “So you do want to be a Knight. HA!” The male chuckling, “First you’re rushing through the market, no doubt late for a finger painting session and now you’re a comedian- a Knight, that’s a good one.” The large male said laughing, wiping tears from his eyes.

As he spoke I felt my temper flare and it took everything I had to take a deep breath and refocus myself. He wasn’t worth it.

“Yes, as a matter of fact that is precisely the rank I desire and the council will hear my case for it.” I asserted, turning my back to him and preparing to walk away.

“A KNIGHT? BWAHAHA! You have got to be kidding me… Princess you do know that involves fighting and training right? You can’t even walk straight without bumping into something…” He turned towards the crowd that had formed “Artisans these days? Am I right?!” He mocked, rearing a wave of laughter from the onlookers.

Within the next moment I felt myself being shoved to the ground by the brutish male. His loud chuckling only amplifying as I felt my anger building up, “Oh no poor baby seems to have fallen! If you can’t even stand a little hit, how are you supposed to be a knight? I mean, how are YOU going to defend our home when one measly shove puts you on the ground - pathetic.”

I bit my lip, holding back a sly remark as I pulled myself onto my feet. My patience was wearing thin, and I didn’t have time to waste, “Please step aside and allow me through. I just want to talk with the Council.”

The male drew closer to me, his hot breath seeping down on my face as he snarled “Or what? Just go home - they don’t want to hear about your stupid idea of being a fighter. Believe it or not you actually have to DO stuff as a knight, and well let’s face it, you aren’t cut out for it.” As he finished he raised a paw and shoved me to the ground once again.

That was it. I felt my anger boil over, “PUSH ME ONE MORE TIME I DARE YOU!” I cried out as I rose up to get into his face.

With a loud annoyed growl the male threw the entirety of his body weight at me. But little did he know that he was playing to my advantage. Without a second to lose, I changed my stance slightly to the right and just far enough out of reach that the bulky male was unable to touch me. Instead his weight and momentum threw his body mass right on the floor causing his armor to loudly clank and crack under the impact.

Everything fell silent in the market as I realized all eyes were laid upon me and the guard. The surrounding group simply gasped and whispered to one another as though they didn’t believe what they had just witnessed. Though my focus quickly shifted back to the guard as he struggled to his feet, “That was a cheap move doll! You are really going to pay for it now!” I could see the embarrassment in his eyes and couldn’t help but allow a small smirk to grace my lips. It felt good to prove him wrong and I was more happy to do it again as I shifted into a battle stance - ready for what would follow.

Angrily, the male charged me, but rather than avoiding him, I ran straight toward him. The moment before he was on me I threw myself to the ground, diving under his heavy frame and aiming blows to his legs. As I slid out from under him, I looked back to watch his legs tremble before they gave out, bringing the brutish male to the dust and the dirt. He roared in frustration, seething anger in his glare, revenge etched in each muscle as he struggled to stand to continue the onslaught. The whole commotion of their fight brought some nearby guards to the scene, their presence a delayed but welcome one.

The guard cursed under his breath, “You’ll pay brat just you wait! You’ll never amount to anything!” he cried out as his fellow guards held him back from prolonging the fight.

“ENOUGH!” A soft but firm voice rang out from the crowd, causing the masses to part like a knife through butter to allow the source to come forward. In disbelief, I watched as Nox came toward me, “You best hold your tongue, talking so harshly about others just makes you look foolish.” She said snipping at him in a motherly manner. The male lowered his head, disgraced at her words, getting up only to follow his fellow guards away.

“Nothing more to see here!” Nox called out which in turn dispersed the large crowd. Slowly her starry gaze landed on me, and rather than her seeming disappointed she looked… Impressed? “What a performance you put on. A rather impressive feat you just did - taking down a guard with no former training. Vanya is it?” Her voice was kind and held curiosity from what I could gauge.

I looked shamefully down at my paws before building up the courage to speak with the council member before me, “Yes, that is me. - I wanted to talk to Mitus today about a possible change in apprenticeship...” My voice trailing, curiosity now filling me as I asked “How did you know my name?”

Nox smiled, her gaze warm, “It is my job to know all who dwell in our homeland. I am still learning them all of course-“ Her voice trailing as her head tilted in confusion, “Well… We already set you with an apprenticeship as an artisan…” her voice tapering off as if in thought. Her silence made my heart sink into my gut, though her bright smile back caused my thoughts to sore once more. “Though perhaps after that performance, I think it would be at least worth a shot to talk with Mitus. I mean about getting you a more fighting oriented role....Follow me!”

"Let her go,
    I cant let her go"
My Armor

Memories of the past define me, the story of my father Asim

“She is going to be home soon.” I said to my fellow sentinel with a grin beaming across my face.

The other guard on duty groaned and grumbled to himself, “Now really isn’t the time to talk about it we are on watch… You should know better.” Though I could tell through his tone he was happy for me, even if his words didn’t match it.

Despite my best efforts I could feel my grin growing, “Yeah but I can’t help it, my beautiful Vanya is finally coming home!”
      “Yes I know it is exciting but let’s keep focused, we can talk when our shift is over.” His voice returning to a more gruff and annoyed tone. However as the words escaped his lips, footsteps echoed throughout the holding chamber as another armored lion entered the room.

“Alright Asim you can go home and prepare for tomorrow’s celebration, I know how anxious you are to see your little girl again.” The new lion spoke as he walked up to take my post.

Excitement filled my soul as I bowed my head, thankful for his presence and the opportunity to return swiftly home. Quickly I trotted out of the tunnel to arrive into the grand chamber to make my leave. As I entered I bowed once more to formally show my respect to the two council members within the cavern, Mitus and Nox, before I departed.

As I stepped into the open air of the Oasis I took a deep breath, anticipation and excitement clawed at my heart at the thought of finally getting to see my young daughter. Though I would never admit it, she had matured so much before she left, and I yearned to witness the growth Vanya has undergone. She certainly would not be the same little girl I bid farewell to a year ago. As I looked around with my diamond eyes, preparing to go home to my wife Erienne, I couldn’t help but see the sun set and I found myself wanting to take the long route home. I slowly trotted towards the edge of the Oasis wanting to see the sky’s brilliant display without the structures of the city obscuring it.

As I walked closer to the edge of the Oasis I looked at the horizon in awe. It was such a peaceful display to observe and was by far the most magnificent sunset I have yet to see. I closed my eyes, once again taking a deep breath almost as if to assure my racing heart of Vanya’s safe return. “Just one more night… Then I get to see my baby girl…”

Nearly as swift as those whispered words left me, the peace that filled the night was soon met with a scream that sliced through the air. My eyes flashed towards the source of the noise, only to find that the scream had once again been lost to silence. It was as though the Oasis itself and all within in it held its breath in wait of what would come next. Suddenly a second, more distinguished, agonizing call came ringing into my ears. It was a noise that undeniably belonged to a young female – a cub.

“Vanya?...” My words barely escaping me as disbelief shook my core. My legs dragging me from my peaceful rest to an all-out frenzy toward the source of the noise. The screams seemed to be coming from outside of the Oasis - where Vanya was. I felt sick to my stomach as the thoughts of whose cries called out to me replayed over and over in my mind. It wasn’t Vanya, it wasn’t Vanya, it wasn’t Vanya. That is what I kept trying to tell myself. I prayed it wasn’t her. All of my fears and doubts seemed to culminate and fester within me as I neared the bridge, my armor clanking against itself with each and every stride. Then came the third scream that made my fur stand on end. It was Vanya’s scream, it had to be.

As the bridge came within view, I spotted the two gatekeepers looking out across the chasm toward the agonizing shrieks. “Extend the bridge!” I yelled, my voice almost hysterical.

“But sir-” One of the gatekeepers began but I quickly cut him off before he could say another word.

“That is an order! As an orb sentinel I outrank you and I demand you extend the bridge NOW!” My fear gripped my heart as I waited for what felt like an eternity for the two gatekeepers to look at one another before finally turning towards the now extending bridge.

I let out a heavy breath as I launched myself through the first arch onto the moving pathway before me. I wasn’t about to let her die, she was my only daughter and I would do anything for her. The thoughts swirled through my mind as I skidded to the end of the cold stone, waiting for it to close the final gap between me and my daughter’s screams. However as I was mere feet from providing aide, I heard the faint call from across the chasm. My eyes jerked back to see a few guards running towards me, all of which were yelling but of what I could not distinguish. I had no time to waste, their pleas lost upon my ears as I turned back to face the potential horrors that lay beyond. If it is Vanya, it is my duty as a father to ensure she lives a long and happy life well beyond my own. As that final thought solidified my resolve, I launched myself off the bridge and straight through the archway leading to Lochren.

Before my paws hit the ground I knew something was amiss. Everything within my body instantly stiffened and I felt as though my lungs would not allow me to take a breath. Slowly I looked around, my muscles trembling trying to spot Vanya but I saw nothing – just grey stone and the celestial skies of our homeland. Suddenly terror struck me as I realized what was happening. In my careless attempt to save Vanya I neglected to remember I had come beyond my age of mortality. With a sudden gasp I let out a blood curdling scream. My entire body seemed to tear itself apart as my flesh began to slowly melt away. I was in anguish, my demise was not one I had foreseen naught a few hours before. And my Vanya? There was not a soul in sight, leaving me utterly alone as I slowly rotted away.

“Vanya! –my Vanya, I cannot leave this life before I see you again!” That is the last thing I was able to cry out before what was left of me turned to dust, leaving nothing behind save for my armor on the grey stone of Lochren.
      - Mitus slowly glanced toward Vanya, sorrow within his golden eyes as he relayed the events that resulted in her father’s untimely death. The Orb which had been pulsating light and offering a visual of all that had transpired slowly dimmed, leaving the two in silence within the chamber of Antarus.

Vanya took a deep and shaky breath, tears slowly escaping from her eyes and cascading down her cheeks. Everything Mitus had shown her within The Orb was not at all what she had anticipated their meeting would be about. “He… he thought I was in danger… My father died trying to save me from a figment that was not even there…” her soft voice trailed off as her gaze shifted to the floor, pain evident within her golden eyes.

“It was not your fault Vanya, your father was an honorable lion and he made his own decisions that day. He should have been more aware of his age, you cannot blame yourself for that.” His words were kind and meaningful and it was easy to see he truly felt sorry for the young lioness.

Vanya wept quietly, trying to stifle her sobs before glancing back to Mitus, “Is this why you ordered me here today? To finally tell me what had happened to him?”

Mitus shifted his gaze away from her, almost as if he had been brooding on this knowledge for a long time “I figured you were ready to learn of what truly happened to him.” Slowly his eyes flickered back to lock on hers before continuing his sentence, “Your father was everything a leader could ask for as a guard for our most precious treasures, and it is clear that this same greatness resides in you. I would like to offer you his old position ...”

Vanya blinked for a moment, shock riddled in her words, “With all due respect, I am not sure I am able to accept the role of an orb sentinel. I don’t think I would ever be able to fill the footsteps of my father…” Vanya’s words slowly dissipated as she cleared her throat, a new found resolve growing within her.

“I can understand and respect your decision.” Mitus nodded, knowing where the lioness was coming from, “However, with how impressive of a knight you have been I wish to grant you a higher rank than just a knight. Even with no experience or training you took out a fully trained guard as a young lion and over the last 200 years of your ranking as a knight you have never ceased to amaze me with your skills. If you will not accept the rank of orb sentinel then perhaps you would be more willing to take on the rank of general?”

Disbelief once again swept over Vanya’s face as she opened her mouth in awe. Catching herself gawking at his proposal, Vanya restrained her shock though couldn’t help but stutter as she spoke, “I… I… Yes it would be an honor to serve the Oasis as a general. I will do all within my power to prove myself to the council as well as the Oasis.” Vanya bowing in respect to Mitus.
      Smiling, Mitus replied, “Well than I suppose you will need some armor. Come, follow me.” Casually he turned and began walking toward the tunnel leading to the orb safeguard room.

Silently Vanya began to follow, grief still fresh within her mind but also an immense pride for how far she has come. Not only had she been a successful knight in the eyes of Mitus, but now she was being gifted the rank of general - she just hoped her father would be proud of her. Mitus began to slow as he entered the room, taking heed to maneuver around the shelves scattered amongst the space. He turned abruptly, striding towards a larger unit, whose doors appeared to be sealed shut with age. Calmly he pulled them open before turning to give Vanya a warm gaze, “I think your father would at least want you to have this.” And with those final words Mitus stepped aside to reveal the full set of armor, which upon further inspection could be none other than her father’s. The golden plating and bluish green wraps appearing as though they were brand new, untouched and perfectly preserved, – just waiting for her. However, the straps that used to adorn the armor had been replaced, allowing for it's new owners physic to fit comfortably.

At the mere sight of it, Vanya was unable to contain her grief as she looked upon her father’s legacy. Tears once again escaped her eyes though this time her pain was mixed with joy. Seeing the shining armor allowed her the chance to reflect on the memories they both had shared, a glimpse of hope amongst the agony of his absence. Standing on shaky legs now weighted after the day’s news, a new found respect and reverence for her father gave her the strength to continue on.

“It would be an honor.” She spoke, her voice brimming with emotion as a faint smile crossed her lips, “It just means I have to work my hardest to earn the respect of our council, and to live up to the legacy of my father.”
      Mitus nodded and bowed respectfully, “It is all yours now general.”

Last edited by Mechanic Drone on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 55 times in total.
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm

updated the adopts post! be sure to read!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery