Win a Kalon MYO! Winners on page 3!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Win a Kalon MYO! (1 common, 2 standards)

Postby broken* » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 am

Entering for Standard

Username: broken*
      When did you first get into kalons?: ive been watching from the sidelines for about a year now,
      but i got my first kalon a few weeks ago, gifted to me by a kind user, tuna<3
      How many HMs have you earned?: none yet, simply because i didnt start actually competing
      until about a month ago. i have several forms out for adopts rn that i'm hoping may get me one or two<3
      How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them): 1 (gifted) / 2 (myo) / 3 (traded) / 4 (traded)

Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!:
      (if you look at my character pages for loc and kalons in my siggie, you'll see how thoroughly i develop my babes!)
      1) kit readoption
      2) (i forgot to remove the "wip" before ending & want to die lol)
      What design will be used for this MYO?: i'll need someone else to make it, but i have the
      design all planned out already (specifics below in extras)
      What standard trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?: hair edit!
      any sort of hair edit on an animal adoptable makes me happy, cause i think they are the cutest thing!

This space is for extras!:
      themesong; its not you - halestorm
      "i'm in love with somebody, found someone that completes me, and its not you!"
      chosen song because of his past love/the one that got away, who broke his heart.
      found out she was pregnant and it wasn't by him, who was her fiance. she left him.
      name; cato (ancient roman name meaning "wise") aquila (ancient roman name meaning "eagle")
      time period? lives in the ancient time period, born in 27 BC, the same year that Octavian was named the Principate of the Holy Roman Empire.
      career/job/rank; worked his way up through the ranks of the military, and now holds the pristine rank of Legion Legate, aka a military commander appointed by the emperor himself. this rank gave him control over an entire legion of the army, which easily was made up of over 5000 soldiers, and in peace times, he would be considered the governor of the province with which his legion lived in.

appearance/design wise
      (might add a sketchy ref if i can make one that doesnt look like trash LOL)
      inspired by brown color palette 1 // brown color palette 2
      elongated fangs & extended claws; helpful in battle. maybe weight edit muscles?
      custom tail shine in the shape of a roman centurion helmet from his time period.
      short hair edit - curly and slightly unruly (xXx). back when he was a lower soldier in the army, others would make fun of him and scold/tease him for not just cutting it short to make it look more refined. however, nowadays, no one would dare make a rude comment about his hair.

Entering for Common

Username: broken*
      When did you first get into kalons?: ive been watching from the sidelines for about a year now,
      but i got my first kalon a few weeks ago, gifted to me by a kind user, tuna<3
      How many HMs have you earned?: none yet, simply because i didnt start actually competing
      until about a month ago. i have several forms out for adopts rn that i'm hoping may get me one or two<3
      How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them): 1 (gifted) / 2 (myo) / 3 (traded) / 4 (traded)

(if you look at my character pages for loc and kalons in my siggie, you'll see how thoroughly i develop my babes!)
      1) kit readoption
      2) (i forgot to remove the "wip" before ending & want to die lol)

What design will be used for this MYO?: i'll need someone else to make it, but i have the
      design all planned out already (specifics below in extras)
      What common trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?:
      hair edit! any sort of hair edit on an animal adoptable makes me happy, cause i think they are the cutest thing!

name - abaddon (the hebrew angel of death, means "ruin/destruction")
      time period - no specific time period. has been around since the beginning of days, and will remain until the end of days. has the ability to travel between times, although no one is quite sure how.
      career/job/rank - abaddon is considered to be the queen of the demons. she is lucifers sister, and many are more loyal to she than they are to the king himself. she travels between times, causing trouble in all the ways she can, for there is nothing that pleases her more than chaos. she is also the leader of all of hell's legions of soldiers, the general of its armies.

appearance/design wise -
      (this darling is inspired by the demon abaddon from the tv show supernatural)
      hair - wavy/curly hair with a thick volume. length is long, stopping at about the top of her front legs. it is a bold/bright red.
      backmane - equally as curly as her regular hair, it runs from the nape her her neck all the way to the base of her tail.
      tail - long (overflowing even, goes past her feet and curls around), thick and curly fur.
      shine - as hypocritical as it is, its a funny conversation starter. her tail shine is a anti-demon possession symbol.
      fur - longer around all four of her legs, and as curly as the rest of her. little patches of curly fur strewn throughout her entire body.
      teeth/claws - claws inspired by a bird of prey's talons. double fangs, sharp and inspired by a vampire's fangs.

Last edited by broken* on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kanadensis » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:04 am

Entering for Common
Username: kanadensis
When did you first get into kalons?: Before I even joined CS! poland0202 sent me a picture of one of hers and I fell in love. They're a big reason I signed up ^^
How many HMs have you earned?: None so far! I only joined a few months ago but I try for as many as I can. When I'm not studying for exams I'm most likely scrolling through threads looking for contests to enter :')
How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them): One when I started this comp, three now! ^^ You can find them here.
Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!: one (working with other characters and worlds is challenging but fun), two (I loved working my kal into the concept!)
What design will be used for this MYO?: For my first MYO I would want to base her off of my DnD character (x). She's a tiefling (=human with demon ancestry) druid healer who I spent ages developing, and I would lovelovelove to see her in Kalon form! It would also be neat because in the game druids can change shape into other animals, so morphing into a Kalon would be the coolest crossover I could possibly think of :'D I would work on some reference art for her, but ultimately I'd like her to have pale grey-white fur with black accents (perhaps on her tail, paws, and face). Eventually she would need custom eyes and antlers, but those could wait. I'd also probably add teeth for a more wild look.
What common trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?: Beautiful flowing long hair! Like a graceful, ethereal woodland princess ^^

Entering for Standard
Username: kanadensis
When did you first get into kalons?: Before I even joined CS! poland0202 sent me a picture of one of hers and I fell in love. They're a big reason I signed up ^^
How many HMs have you earned?: None so far! I only joined a few months ago but I try for as many as I can. When I'm not studying for exams I'm most likely scrolling through threads looking for contests to enter :')
How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them): One when I started this comp, three now! ^^ You can find them here.
Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!: one (working with other characters and worlds is challenging but fun), two (I loved working my kal into the concept)
What design will be used for this MYO?: For my first MYO I would want to base her off of my DnD character (x). She's a tiefling (=human with demon ancestry) druid healer who I spent ages developing, and I would lovelovelove to see her in Kalon form! It would also be neat because in the game druids can change shape into other animals, so morphing into a Kalon would be the coolest crossover I could possibly think of :'D I would work on some reference art for her, but ultimately I'd like her to have pale grey-white fur with black accents (perhaps on her tail, paws, and face). Eventually she would need custom eyes and antlers, but those could wait. Also flowing silvery-white hair~ uwu
What standard trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?: Teeth! I think fangs would give her a totally threatening an adorable wild look :3

This space is for extras! (Applied to both):
Name: Brynna
Personality: She generally keeps to herself and prefers to spend time in nature among other creatures, though this does not mean she isn't willing to make friends. A protector of nature, she dislikes anyone who seeks to destroy or alter the wildlife around her. Brynna follows her own whims so her motives are often not clear, and she can also be a little reckless at times. She believes that every creature has their own fate, and that this fate should not be meddled with.
Art: character ref, moodboard, palette
Last edited by kanadensis on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Bump! It's lovely to see everyone's entries so far~
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beeqlass » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:28 am

mark! im not sure how many kals I have ,,
beeqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:21 pm

Entering for Common
Username: Dreamlight
When did you first get into kalons?: I’d say a couple months ago!
How many HMs have you earned?: 4
How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them): 0
Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!: Kit Readoption
What design will be used for this MYO?: Although I don’t have a completed design out, I do have my plans to finalize a design on a common myo. I will be representing the Dandelion, also known as the white sun.

-The colors I plan on using are a mint green, light green, silvery-white, white.
    - The designs of dandelion seeds floating away on the Kalon
    - The tail will be mint green that resembles a stem with a dandelion at the end.
    - The hair will be long and flowy that is in a loose ponytail that is wind blown behind her. It will start from a light green and have a gradient to a silvery white.
    - The pupils will be silver and have long eyelashes with white speckles at the end.
    - The Kalon will be green to white with swirls of colors
    - The shine will be three white stars, the first the biggest, then smaller, then the smallest to represent the dandelion as the white sun.
What common trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?: I would definitely say the the tail edit. I feel like there’s an endless possibility with the tail. A lot of imagination can come to one simple area. It’s where I can put all my creativity into a masterpiece.
This space is for extras!: Dandelion Reference
Delia is a nymph that lives in the meadows of Gardenian. She tends to keep the meadowlands secure and full of light with the other nymphs that live there. She spreads hope like the seeds of a dandelion. She doesn’t talk much and won’t show the strongest of emotions but you can always tell her motives through her actions. As a nymph she is tied with the meadow and is her home and heart. Her personality is very gentle and patient. She always is good at dealing with those who are going through hard times and knows how to spread joy when needed. Always looking out for those who need it most.

Entering for Standard
Username: Dreamlight
When did you first get into kalons?: I’d say a couple months ago!
How many HMs have you earned?: 4
How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them): 0
Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!: Kit Readoption
What design will be used for this MYO?:
The design I will be going for is a firey style.

-The main color of the Kalon will be a dark brown black with a texture of melting lava cracks.
- At its feet the cracks will expand showing more parts of lava.
- It’s eyes will be red with a hint of yellow at the center.
- The shine will be a piece of obsidian, pure black.
-The hair will be slightly more ruffled and be solid dark brown.
What standard trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?: Mine is probably the shine because it equally represents each Kalon with their distinctive shine no matter what color and shape.
This space is for extras!: Lava Crack Reference
Ember was always someone to never under estimate, as tales of him reveal the fury he may bring when angered. Some say that he erupted a volcano out of the ground with his own will power while others say he could set whatever he wanted in flames. Little is known of his life and the whereabouts of him. Last heard from him was the day 20 volcanoes in the land erupted with the sighting of him at the center.
Last edited by Jippy on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Bump! There's a little over a week left. Reminder also that the comp. is based on effort, and while I'm seeing lots of work into the common, if only one standard form stands out, only one will be awarded :0
x
x
x
x

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eiivanna » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Entering for Standard
Username: Eiivanna
When did you first get into kalons?: well I saw one a few days ago and I really like the artwork and community but I only joined chickensmoothie yesterday
How many HMs have you earned?: none
How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them): I now have the top kid here
viewtopic.php?t=3453926
Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!: I have only done 1 form for a kalon here
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3700534&p=115796252#p115796252
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3702877&start=50#p115873087
What design will be used for this MYO?: I was thinking something soft and light coloured with gradients or something brown and naturalistic looking but for me I prefer to make the personality and then model the design off of it and work as I go so I'm not quite sure what it would end up like, hopefully something natural , I am actually ok at designing myself and I think I would be able to work with the lineart.
What standard trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?: ooh probably the hair edit, I can think of so many cute short hairstyles!
Name: Caspain
Orientation: Bi
Personality snippet: rebellious, creative, inventive, a bit wierd, unique, kind and trustworthy
Theme song: Ain't my fault- zara larsson
Favourite colour: Orange
Hobbies: He collects gemstones and geodes, and also enjoys running and hiking. He play tennis on Saturdays with a few close friends.
Last edited by Eiivanna on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eiivanna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .paris. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Entering for Common

Username: .paris.
      When did you first get into kalons?:
        i was on cs in 2014 due to the invite of a very dear friend of mine, back when kiamaras were around. i remember loving being involved in that community back then, but unfortunately, due to some family issues, i had to leave cs until very recently. i returned, and fell quickly back into my old friend group. they kept talking about a species called kalons, which confused me, because the last time i had been on cs, kiamaras and jelly bean dragons had dominated the space. however, they had nothing but good things to say, so i decided to check the species out, and i loved it! it was a lot more accessible than i remember kias being at the time, and i felt so much more included in the community. when i made my first post on the fanclub, within five minutes i had two dm's welcomig me to the community and introducing themselves, and two more who gifted me my (as of now) only two kalons. i was blown away by the sense of community and felt incredibly loved and happy to be a part of such an amazing group of people.
      How many HMs have you earned?:
      How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them):
        i have two kals, both of whom were gifted to me. guinevere, who was given to me as a kit by doktor monty, and then grown for me also as a gift from watchdog. and capone., and my sweet boy emory who was a gift from Bailey-Boo!
      [Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!:
        this form i was really proud of, the contest is actually still being judged at the time. i based it off some of my own feelings and emotions around the holiday season. as well as this form, which i just finished, and i have really enjoyed making it and developing her character so far!
        the majority of my art skills atm are traditional, so i'd have to get someone else to make it (which is also the reason my other myo hasn't been used--i've been saving up c$ and pets for my favorite artist so that my kal looks their best and i connect with them as much as possible)
      What common trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?:
        i really love long hair edits. to me, they have so much versatility and zest to them, and i feel like adding long hair adds so much ability for character development. like is their hair up all the time? is it down and flowy? do they take care of it? what color is their hair? is it dyed? i just...love hair edits. there's so much opportunity.
        this color palette. for hair, i want her hair to be long, and wavy and untamed. her tail is long and slender and has hair on the end. she is fluffy and angelic, almost.

guinevere is a very stressed girl. her heart is wound up and she keeps her walls up all the time. i want someone to step in, to love her, and break down her walls. this kal would be a lover, an angel, desperate to get in. she is selfless to a fault, sometimes to her own detriment, but she tries her best. she is somewhat of a foil to guinevere, where eve is closed off she is open; where eve is stressed she lets things go, but where eve is unlovable she still loves her all the same. she is drowning in her troubles, but guinevere, as stressed as she is, represents a save haven for her, a place she can go where she is always loved. she is trying her best, fighting her demons with every step. sometimes it gets hard, and sometimes she can do nothing but cry. she is an insomniac, a thinker, a dreamer of a better life, but every day she wakes up and tries.

song inspo: bees by the ballroom thieves

Entering for Standard

Username: .paris.
      When did you first get into kalons?:
        i was on cs in 2014 due to the invite of a very dear friend of mine, back when kiamaras were around. i remember loving being involved in that community back then, but unfortunately, due to some family issues, i had to leave cs until very recently. i returned, and fell quickly back into my old friend group. they kept talking about a species called kalons, which confused me, because the last time i had been on cs, kiamaras and jelly bean dragons had dominated the space. however, they had nothing but good things to say, so i decided to check the species out, and i loved it! it was a lot more accessible than i remember kias being at the time, and i felt so much more included in the community. when i made my first post on the fanclub, within five minutes i had two dm's welcomig me to the community and introducing themselves, and two more who gifted me my (as of now) only two kalons. i was blown away by the sense of community and felt incredibly loved and happy to be a part of such an amazing group of people. my favorite part about kalons so far has been character development, just taking an idea and running with it, and having a supportive community full of ideas, passion, and light.
      How many HMs have you earned?:
      How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them):
        i have two kals, both of whom were gifted to me. guinevere, who was given to me as a kit by doktor monty, and then grown for me also as a gift from watchdog. and capone., and my sweet boy emory who was a gift from Bailey-Boo!
        this form i was really proud of, the contest is actually still being judged at the time. i based it off some of my own feelings and emotions around the holiday season. as well as this form, which i just finished, and i have really enjoyed making it and developing her character so far!
        the majority of my art skills atm are traditional, so i'd have to get someone else to make it (which is also the reason my other myo hasn't been used--i've been saving up c$ and pets for my favorite artist so that my kal looks their best and i connect with them as much as possible)
      What standard trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?:
        i'm most excited for the custom shine. somewhat like cutie marks on my little ponies (whoops) i feel like a kalon's shine is representative of who they are, whether it be a literal representative, or more aesthetic. it gives a glimpse into something so personal to them, and shows how they truly feel and how they really are.
        right now i really am looking for a friend for my pal emory, so i'm thinking of a kal based more around paler colors (like blondes, yellows, and possibly lilac purple highlights, like this) to compliment him. i'm thinking a bun type hairstyle, or something short and adorable like that. for shine, i was thinking small bubbles or beads on her tail, so that they could shine wherever she goes. basically i want the most precious and adorable kalon to compliment my sweet baby emory.

for personality, i want him to have a songwriting partner who sings, and where he is shy have her compliment him in her outgoingness without overshadowing him. sort of an elle woods type. i want her to be full of kindness and happiness and have a very pure crush on emory, but be afraid to tell him because of their deep friendship. i want her to love flowers and music and sunny days and always find the positive in any situation. she overworks herself and becomes stressed at times, but she always finds her way back to the positive.

song inspo: i love you will still sound the same by oh honey
Last edited by .paris. on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsig art by bloodiath! <3

i'm not a person, i'm a chicken who escaped the slaughterhouse and stole a wig from party city and is just trying to get by

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
flameclan
my kals

.paris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Bump! The end time is the very end of the day for me: 11:59 pm PST.
x
x
x
x

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bequen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Entering for Common
Username;; Bequen
When did you first get into kalons?;; Sometime in May 2017 maybe earlier, it's been a while. I was kind of just looking through dreaming of having one when someone offered to give me their MYO! That's how my bab Van Kell Uden was born (their design was absent mindedly doodles on a yellow paper pad at my last job during a slow day and was somewhat focused around my at-the-time boyfriend but has since been changed to be something better).
How many HMs have you earned?;; Exactly 0, unless I have one I'm not aware of!
How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them);; Just one, my sweet Van! They are my beautiful child who I'm hoping can go through a little bit of a revamp soon so they aren't as messy.
Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!;; I haven't entered that many competitions because there haven't been a whole lot that have caught my eye and the ones that I was in were little quickies, but there's one where I'm proud of the art! Kalon #1323
What design will be used for this MYO?;; Michael Hertz, A.K.A. "The Skunk"
His edits are: backmane, hair edit, custom tail, custom shine, longer claws, and skinnier weight.

What common trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?;; One of my favorite traits that I surprisingly didn't use for my Van, is the backmane. I like how the hair can just completely come down the entire spine in a mane either spiked, puffed, long, etc. it's pretty cool and cute looking!
This space is for extras!;; Michael is an ex cop with knowledge in medicinal and chemical sciences, so he created a liquid serum that temporarily hypnotizes his enemies lasting up to 24 hours max. He's neither good nor bad, he's just some renegade vigilante who beats up anyone he feels is a threat, but that just so happens to be more bad guys than not. He still at least cares about innocent people even if he acts stubborn and cranky. He is absolutely against killing unless it's a last resort life or death situation. He has a soft spot for children but it takes him a decent amount of time to show this kindness towards anyone and even when he is nice it still comes off as some passive aggressive anger.
He lives in the city in an old dirty apartment where he bums around doing odd jobs here and there instead of getting a solid occupation. He doesn't own a lot but there are vials of his serum scattered everywhere. No one is sure how he lost his job as an officer, but rumor has it it's because he accidentally sent someone to their death penalty who was innocent and he wrongly convicted them on accident. He lives alone and only ever really leaves for food, work, and to grab the daily newspaper.

Entering for Standard
Username;; Bequen
When did you first get into kalons?;; Read above! I didn't want to copy and paste it because it would look repetitive and messy.
How many HMs have you earned?;; 0 unless someone else knows otherwise!
How many kalons do you have (if any, please link them);; Still only my sweet squishy Van baby<3
Please link the form(s) [2 max.] for kalons that you're most proud of!;; If I could show how flustered I look right now thinking about that, I would. I wish there were more that I was into that I could go all out on!
What design will be used for this MYO?;; Gilligan Welch A.K.A. "Gill"
His edits are: Custom shine and hair edit.

What standard trait is your favorite/which are you most excited to have on your MYO?;; Just having a custom shine is a cool trait! I love coming up with little things for their tails that also has to do with either their design or their personality.
This space is for extras!;; Gill is a very sweet and cuddly boy who collects anything to do with bunnies. He loves them and owns two of his own named Dexter and Cake. He spends most of his time reading and running a blog about rabbits and how to take care of them, but his income comes from working part time at the local college school store. He goes to University as a business major and he dreams of one day owning a place where rabbits are groomed, babysat, and more. Like a daycare, supply store, and shelter!
But it's not always sunshine and bubblegum for this cutie. He gets picked on a lot for his bubblegum appearance because of how feminine it is but in reality, he's very neutral and not at all that feminine. He still enjoys bumming around playing video games and whatever stereotype society deems as "manly" but he also likes to read and cook and everything. He just lives how he wants. He lives in his tiny dorm with limited supplies and mostly eats ramen all the time, but he's still grateful.
Bequen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me