♡ Albertan Brabant Adoption Center ♡ - Information Booth

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

♡ Albertan Brabant Adoption Center ♡ - Information Booth

Postby Sunniedew » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Community Links
Fanclub ● Information Booth ● Breeding ● ArchiveShopArtist SearchBankItem Usage

Main Navigation
RulesStaff & ApplicationsRaritiesAffiliatesBans & WarningsEvents

Welcome to the ABAC information booth! Here, you can learn more about the history behind ABs, and you can also find out coat color and marking genotypes! You can also learn about general species information here.

Any questions had with ABs or the ABAC can be PM'd to me. Do not post here.
Last edited by Sunniedew on Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Full Lore/History

Postby Sunniedew » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

xxxxxAlbertan Brabants roam the wooded areas of Canada’s Wood Buffalo National Park, and can often be seen in smaller herds throughout northern Alberta. They live in a matriarchal society, with each herd often having a ‘king’ and a ‘queen’. The most distinguishing feature between males and females are the two horns protruding from the male’s face, while females only sport one. Though territorial, Albertan Brabants can be (and have been) domesticated, and often thrive in captivity. Their diets consist of young trees, grasses, hay, and occasionally small insects. Their average heights range from 18 hands high to 20 hands high, while babies range from 12 to 15 hands.

xxxxxBecause of their tall and hefty build, Brabants can handle tough terrain and heavy workloads. They are used to colder climates and can easily overheat or become weak without the proper care. While they excel in strength and stamina, their size causes them to be slower in speed. Wild Albertan Brabants live for around 25-30 years, with those raised and/or living in captivity living until closer to 35 years.

xxxxxFirst found throughout all of northern Alberta, Canada, Albertan Brabants were first captured and domesticated by the Woodland Cree tribe. Thriving with the help of the tribe(s) to care for them, their population grew in size and they quickly became dependant on their human caretakers. As time went on and Native American populations across both the U.S and Canada dwindled, many Brabants began to die out due to starvation and inability to survive in the wild. Numbers reached a critical level and the species was considered to be near extinction.

xxxxxDuring the establishment of Wood Buffalo National Park in 1922, they were set to continue to live in the park and be re-introduced to surviving on their own. The Albertan Brabants remain a protected species and continue to be mostly domestic. While they can be ridden or used as show horses, they are mainly accustomed to farm work/labor. As of November 2017, they can now be adopted out/bought from the ABAC (the Albertan Brabant Adoption Center).

xxxxxAlthough mainly living in the wild, these gentle giants love human company and can perform many different tasks. Cautious around the unknown and quite strategic, these Equines may be hard to find naturally, however they thrive under constant care and generally get along with other Equine species. With the right training and conditions, they make good companions and will live long healthy lives.
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Information

Postby Sunniedew » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Albertan Brabants usually have only 1 foal per breeding, although certain items can produce 2 foals to result from a single pregnancy (This does not work on infertile Brabants however). Sex has no effect on breeding, meaning two mares or two stallions are capable of producing their own offspring. Mares are very protective of their offspring and will never let them out of their sight. There is no bias in sex, meaning there is a 50/50 chance of either a stallion or mare being born.

Breeding rules:
1. You must wait for an artist to post slots in order to breed your AB(s).
2. Same-sex breedings are allowed.
3. You must wait 2 weeks in between breeding your AB(s).
4. You must have permission from the owner of the AB in order to use the AB's breeding slots.
5. The permission to breed must be a quote or a screenshot.
6. The ABs must not be related to breed.
7. All ABs have 5 breeding slots, regardless of sex.
8. An AB does not have to have a mate in order to breed.
9. once a foal is born it will not become an adult in 2 weeks real time (14 days).
10. once a foal grows up it will not be able to breed for another week (7 days).
11. Breeding slots are specified at the birth of the AB.
12. Artists will post if they are open for breedings.
*Breeding slots for ABs may be raised in the future!!*

Artist Rolls:
All rolls are used by this random number generator:
https://www.random.org/

1-50: Mare is born
51-100: Stallion is born
Sex rolls are always random, even when there are two foals born. Sex changer items are available, but only in events.

---

All coat color rolls work in genetics.
So when a bay an black base coat breed, you will get a foal with a Bay base coat, since bay is dominant.
B B
b b

When two black base coats breed, you will get a foal with a black base coat, since they are both recessive traits.
b b
b b

If a gray (Gg) base coat and a palomino (pp) base coat breed, you will end up with a palomino foal, since recessive traits dominate the dominant trait.
G g
p p

---

Markings are rolled with these numbers.
For each Dominant marking (ex. Tovero Tvtv), the artist will roll a number between 30-100.
For each recessive marking (ex Sooty sotsot), the artist will roll a number between 1-29.

If an artist doesn't roll the number for each marking, the marking does not pass to the offspring.

If an artist rolls 25 for a dominant marking, the marking does not pass.
If an artist rolls 65 for a dominant marking, the marking will pass.

If an artist rolls 15 for a recessive marking, the marking will pass.
If an artist rolls 30 for a recessive marking, the marking does not pass.

There are items that can make a specific marking pass to the offspring, whether it being dominant or recessive, but those items are only available in events.
Last edited by Sunniedew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Coat Colors

Postby Sunniedew » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:29 pm

These are all examples of different coat colors and markings that can appear in ABs. Each one will include their official name, the rarity, and the genotype of that color.

Real ABs do not have to have the exact colors shown in the examples, but characteristics will be listed to show what each color could look like. This is a good resource to use if you wish to request a custom, or if you are an artist looking for a design to make. Please pay attention to the genotypes listed in the examples! They are different from actual horse genotypes.

Horn colors can come in any color. They do not have to be natural, though it is very rare that an AB has an unnatural horn color.

ABs can have any eye color, natural or unnatural.

Hoof color is the same as horn color.

Colors here are not set in stone. New ones can be discovered! If you would like us to discover a new color, please make sure to make suggestions! We would love to hear them. I will be in charge of making rarities for the new markings and colors.

---

Very Common:
Bay (BB)
Light orange-brown color. Normally has darker ankles, back, and nose. Dark colored mane.

Chestnut (CnCn)
Caramel-chestnut brown. Any color mane.

Brown (Brbr)
Dark brown, usually with darker ankles, back, and nose. Lighter underbelly. Dark colored mane.

Gray (Gg)
From almost white to almost black. Normally ankles, nose, and back are darker. Any color mane.

Black (bb)
Black coat. Dark color mane.

Buckskin (BsBs)
Light orange color with normally darker legs and nose. Dark color mane.

---

Common:

Grullo (gugu)
Light brown-gray with darker ankles, nose, and back. Any color mane.

Brabant Grullo (bgubgu)
Dark brown-gray with dark brown ankles, face, and back. Any color mane.

Light Buckskin (LbLb)
Lighter cream color with dark color on legs and nose. Mane is a dark color.

Palomino (pp)
Orange-cream color with usually lighter legs and nose. Light mane color.

Brabant Palomino (bpbp)
Same shade as palomino, but more gray. Light mane color.

Strawberry Roan (SrSr)
Orange/red/brown hue with gray spotting. Brown mane color.

---

Uncommon:

Combination coat: mixed (comcom)
Take two base coats and mix in the middle. Any color mane.

White (whwh)
Very lightly colored. Always has a light colored mane. White markings are not shown.

Dapple Gray (Dgdg)
Gray with dapples on mid-body and neck. Any color mane.

Blue Roan (brbr)
Blue-gray base coat with lighter hairs throughout. Dark color mane.

---

Rare

Combination coat: Calico (calcal)
Can be any two coat colors, but instead of being mixed, they're clashing together. Any color mane.
Last edited by Sunniedew on Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Markings

Postby Sunniedew » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:02 am

These are all examples of different markings that can appear in ABs. Each one will include their official name, the rarity, and the genotype of that marking.

Real ABs do not have to have the exact marking patterns shown in the examples, but characteristics will be listed to show what each markings could look like. This is a good resource to use if you wish to request a custom, or if you are an artist looking for a design to make. Please pay attention to the genotypes listed in the examples! They are different from actual horse genotypes.

If you are unclear about the extent of any marking, please PM me!

---

Very common:
Minimal White (Mwmw)

Splash (SplSpl)

Scattered Dapple (sdsd)

Common:

50% White (Fwhfwh)

Appaloosa Spotting (appapp)

Tovero (Tvtv)

Overo (ovov)

Sooty (sotsot)

Wave Spotting (Wspwsp)