VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 16

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 11

Postby Yugi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:46 am

Prompt 4 - Camping and/or Campfire Stories

username; Yugi

The young prince Hanako was thoroughly excited as he packed his clothing, toiletries, and his beloved bug equipment. It was the first time in forever both of his parents would be staying home for the summer, and it was an opportunity he didn't want to miss. All of his days spent planning this amazing trip to his favorite island with his beloved family members would finally pay off. His parents were finished with their packing, but his siblings were scrambling as they tried to pack as much as they could. He had forgotten how long it had been since most of them had time away from their royal duties, similar to his parents. His siblings were stressed out; he could easily see it from the looks on their faces. Those that were completely interested in their work had soon become bored of how repetitive it all was. It was clear that they needed a temporary break, and they needed one soon. Hanako had dearly hoped that this vacation would be able to help relieve them, even if it was just a tiny bit. He cared deeply for his older siblings, as he completely admired them all.

It wasn't before long until his parents called for their children, politely demanding that they be downstairs within thirty minutes. Hanako stood close to his mother and father, smiling proudly. He held onto a bag with his belongings in it. As the minutes began to pass, slowly but surely his siblings began to appear. They too carried large bags filled to the brim with various clothing and accessories. His mother, Ochiba, held onto the most bags out of the bunch, carrying them effortlessly as Hanako's father pleaded for her to take it easy. She had prepared plentiful food with Hanako and their hired cooks for the short trip ahead of them. When the large family was ready, they all headed out, boarding a horse drawn carriage to be taken to the closest docks. The young koi prince had already rented out a ship and a friendly mariner to take them to their location weeks prior. Working together, the family was able to quickly board the ship with all of their belongings safely stored in the ship's hub. Hanako's siblings were enthralled to be on a ship; talk about sight seeing and dolphin watching could be heard among the chatter and gossip. He stood near his parents, hoping that they would ask him all about the island they were all heading to. Without their knowledge, Hanako had spent months visiting the island with his friends, building a camping ground for all of them to experience. For a while, it was just a secret spot he and his acquaintances used when they wanted to get away from the Koi Kingdom.

The trip itself was surprisingly short. They arrived early next morning, just when the fog was beginning to part ways. As they gathered to the front of the boat, they were greeted with a wonderful view of the green, mountainous island. The shoreline itself was covered with sand that was a similar color of soot. The mariner expertly docked the ship on the island's shore before throwing down an anchor and a wooden ramp. The family sleepily stumbled down the ramp slowly with their belongings in hand with Hanako leading their way. They began to make their way into the heavily wooded area, beyond the dark colored beach, and into a refreshing clearing. The sun shined brightly above the island, making the clearing to appear as if it was glowing. Wooden cabins that Hanako and his friends hand crafted stood proudly among the trees and bright sun shine, welcoming the whole family into their homely interiors. While it wasn't completely traditional camping, as they had no tents to pitch, the young boy knew that his siblings would prefer to stay in actual housing. And he was completely right; his siblings immediately began to choose which cabins they would be staying in for that adventurous week, sorting out which bunk bed would belong to them.

The first day of their trip, they spent time learning the area and preparing for the exciting week ahead of them. Hanako guided them through the island with absolute ease, showcasing all of the unique qualities that it had to offer. As if he was conducting his own fun summer camp, he went through a list of activities that they were all able to do, and what times were the best for them to participate. Before long, night had already fell; bright glow-bugs began to illuminate the cool ocean air around them. After eating food Ochiba had prepared for them all, they all left to get plenty of rest for tomorrow.

The second day of their trip was quite eventful. Hanako had nothing planned until the third day, so they were all free to do as they pleased. He spent time with his mother and father to go hunting for large beetles that often migrated to the island during the summer. His parents laughed joyously as they attempted to catch the massive insects with sturdy nets, only to fail miserably; Hanako was pleased to see his parents so happy once again. His siblings separated into their own groups; the oldest of the bunch spent time relaxing on the black sand beaches, taking in as much sun as possible; the middle siblings were splashing about in the warm ocean waters, attempting to surf on the waves that crashed onto the shore; the younger teenagers spent the day collecting various sea shells, as well as trying their best to catch fish with their own hands for dinner, despite not being able to physically do so one bit.

The third day was a little bit more quiet, but still fun as Hanako put his plans into work. He had informed them that they were all moving to a new location, somewhere further in, so they needed to pack once again. When they were ready, they were all greeted with a freshly prepared breakfast that was cooked by Hanako's own hands. This prepared them for the afternoon long hike he had in store for them; staying together, the close family was able to finally spend unforgettable moments together. They haven't been as close as they had been that day for years now, as they were too busy focusing on their duties to be able to enjoy a well deserved break, especially with their own family. They crossed gently flowing rivers, traversed up soft, green hills, and carefully snaked their way through the bountiful wildlife. Their end destination turned out to be an area nearby a clear lake, which had a shoreline covered with larger cabins.

The fourth day picked up once again. During the daytime, they had all enjoyed playing around in the freshwater lake. However, the nighttime turned out to be quite peaceful, despite the horror stories his older siblings tried to tell to spook them all. They roasted various types of fish over an open bonfire for dinner, and then fluffy marshmallows for dessert. While his parents were too tired to continue staying up for long, Hanako and his siblings sat around the fire until midnight, listening to tales told to them by the eldest sibling about mischievous yokai pulling horrible pranks on mortals.

The fifth day was a bit of a chore, as it required a trip back to their original cabins, for the next day they were to head back out to the sea to go back home. Regardless of how tiring the trek back to the beach was, Hanako and his family was happy with being able to spend time with each other once again. They were able to reach the cabins a little bit earlier, as they weren't as distracted by the gorgeous scenery around them. With the little time they had left, they spent the afternoon until night soaking in the sun on the beach. When the stars came out and the moon shone brightly, Hanako huddled closely with his family. Tancho told stories to his children about the constellations that sat high up above them all, while Ochiba pointed out the shooting comets that flew across the sky vividly. Before they had knew it, midnight had already quickly passed them by, and the sun was already peeking above the ocean's horizon.

They could only stay until the afternoon on the sixth day, as the mariner Hanako had asked to take them back home would arrive then. A majority of them napped outside, but those that were still awake chatted among themselves to pass the time. The boat came quickly, a lot quicker than they all hoped for. Sleepy eyed, they boarded the large vessel and headed back home, happier and closer to each other than they originally all were.
(1,472/1,500)

{Hanako | Ochiba | Tancho / All viscets named in the story belong to me}
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
xxx
x

Yugi | She/They | Biracial Asian
Digital Artist x 3D Hobbyist x Live2D Animator
xxx
Image Image
ImageImage
xxx
World's shortest cyberpunk 🤘

Daylight's not for me 。。。
That's why I'm nocturnal

ImageImage
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wobbuffet » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:32 am

username; Wobbuffet
Although Shiro enjoys telling the Visclings stories, they often find them confusing or just plain boring.

Viscets used: Shiro, Alex, and Frite
───────────────
Site Rules | Get Help
───────────────
Wobbuffet
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:39 am

username; Mint Chip
    {words or art}
    "Why are we doing this?" The younger male groaned to his mentor. He had been complaining since they had left though this wasn't abnormal, this younger male always complained when his mentor required him to come out with him. His mentor looked back over his back at his apprentice, "The journey wouldn't be as tiresome if you'd learn to enjoy it, Quill." He smirked a little before turning back to leading them through the forest. There was a notable silence as they walked along the unbeaten path through the forest that was leading them to the mountain ridge. The silence didn't last long when Quill began to grow bored and tired of walking already, "This is boring. Why did I have to come with?" He gave an indignant snort. His mentor only chuckled at him, shaking his head as he continued onward. The time passed like this back and forth with silence and then complaints. The complaints only continued to grow as they began the real trek up the mountain side.

Eventually, Quill's mentor grew tired of hearing his constant complaining. "Very well, Quill, if you are so unhappy then you are free to leave." This statement stopped Quill in his tracks. He lashed his tail uncertain of the catch, "Are you serious? You dragged me this far out just to tell me I could go back home? Why now, Farley? Why not when I first said I didn't want to go?" His mentor, Farley, had stopped to collect some herbs and sat down as he did so. "Why are you unhappy when I make you come with and still as unhappy and ungrateful when I release you?" Farley countered as he collected his herbs into his satchel before standing up and continuing on. He left Quill there to think on those things and continued on. Farley had a purpose in doing this, he knew very well that Quill didn't know the way back down to the forest and into the valley and would need his help as he always did. He hoped this time that Quill would learn his lesson and not question everything he asked him to do. "He'll be fine." He assured himself as he continued along his path up the mountainside.

Quill had huffed when Farley said what he did and again when Farley kept walking on without him. "Some mentor." He rolled his eyes before looking around a bit. "I can find my own way home." He said with confidence as he raised his head high and started back on what he thought was the correct path. Quill was a young alchemist apprentice, he didn't know even half of what he should as far as herbs and remedies went. He was also quite headstrong and fixated on becoming a warrior or an archer over an alchemist and herbalist. But Farley had taken him in when he had been abandoned in the forest, so the pack determined that he should learn the same trade as his pseudo-guardian. Quill walked for quite a ways before he began to realize the area didn't even smell familiar. There was no scent of Farley or anyone familiar. He knew he must have taken a wrong turn but now he didn't even know the way back to where they had been heading. Since he was abandoned in the forest when he was smaller he had developed a pretty fierce fear of being lost like this. He began to panic as he looked around frantically and chose a different path to try to run up. He did this frantically as the day began to dwindle away and the night was on its way. Quill being as inexperienced was startled and jumped at almost every sound made near him. A rustling sound startled him into blinding running along the mountain ridge, dodging trees and foliage as he tried to put distance between himself and it.

He ran a long way before he hit something solid that knocked him back and toppled him over. He shook his head, disoriented a moment before he looked up to what he had run into. His fur ruffled as he saw a huge dark viscet towering over him. His eyes widened, he'd never seen a viscet of that size before and this viscet looked like the wildness that surrounded them. Quill scrambled to his paws and pressed his head to the ground in fear. There was a long silence before the viscet spoke, the sound of its voice startling Quill. "What are you doing out this far, young one?" The voice was almost velvety but more shockingly it was feminine. Quill looked up to the viscet, noticing now that it was indeed a female with a sincere look of concern on her face. When Quill didn't speak the female spoke again, "It's dangerous out here at night. What are you doing here?" She paused a moment before smiling, "Come." She motioned with her paw, "Come with me. We can talk about these things once we're back at my camp." She turned and started walking back. For a moment Quill thought about running but after some debate, he stood to his paws and followed this stranger.

It was a bit of a walk before Quill could begin to make out the light of a fire's glow. He perked his ears as he followed the much larger female into her camp. He was surprised by all of this, it was a new experience and something he never anticipated happening. The stranger smiled in amusement as his wonder as she seated herself by the fire, "Come. Sit." She told him and he did as she said. "Who are you?" Quill finally asked now that he was more relaxed. The female smiled, "I am Lorelei but you can call me Lore." She said simply, "What of you, young one, what's your name?" Quill blushed, embarrassed to be called that, "It's Quill and I'm not that young." He defended. Lore chuckled at him a bit before speaking again, "Well Quill, what brings you so far out into my mountain ridge?" She questioned. Quill hesitated before explaining what had happened and that his mentor was somewhere along the ridge. He explained that he had gotten turned around a few times and couldn't find his way back out. Lore flicked her tail in amusement, "So you lost your mentor you say? That is a shame but you know I met a fella while I walking along this ridge once." She shifted in her spot as he began to tell Quill a story.

"Once, quite some time ago, when I was still inexperienced living out here along the ridge. I met a traveler. He was strange and spent his time collecting leaves and berries. I watched him for quite a while from the trees and ledges. He seemed kind but I did not wish to approach him." Lore paused a moment before continuing, "You see I live alone out here. I always have since I first came to this ridge, so I don't approach wanderers or travelers. Instead, I merely watch them from afar." She could see Quill's curiosity as well as some confusion. She continued, "Since I live alone out here there is much I do by myself. I built all you see here all by myself. I hunt much and have fought many different animals." She continued to tell him about a dangerous encounter she had with a fearsome mother bear. "The fight didn't end well, but it was my fault. I had been too close her the mother and her young cub and I paid the price." Lore lifted the furs along her neck to show a rather long and deep scar. "I was hurt badly. Now while I have taught myself much there is one thing I didn't know much about." She let the furs fall back into place, "Herbs and herbal mixes. I didn't know what to mix or what was safe at all. With wounds as deep and potentially fatal as this one and others I had gotten it could have easily done me in. But as fortune would have it, this terrible encounter happened when this strange traveler was among my mountain still." She smiled as she twitched her ear, she turned her head to look at the path that led beside her home as a familiar soft green viscet came walking in with more firewood in his paws. "I could have died and likely would have if not for a very skilled healer who came to my aid." Lore said to finish her story.

Quill had followed her gaze, his eyes widening in surprise as his mentor stepped into the clearing. "Looks as though you found him," Farley said with a smile as he set down the firewood. "With a tracker as skilled as you I knew he would be found." Quill was a mix between relieved and somewhat annoyed but he was too grateful to complain for once.
    (1500 / 1500 words)

sorry, it's not exactly traditional camping but I hope you like the story regardless~

{viscets used: Farley, Quill, & Lorelei all owned by me.}
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:30 am

username;
{words or art}
{viscets used / credits}

if i can get it done in 5 hours

Jesse x Seb and their babiens art piece

or

traveling circus - Narrator tellin stories
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macyduke » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 am

username; Macyduke

Campfire company

Story takes place before Jackie hatched, just after Oren was discovered
living in a home that didn't belong to him, lost his job, and was evicted.

Oren dropped a large pile of twigs and broken branches he'd gathered, next to the spot he planned to sit, kicking those that dared to roll towards the bundled up egg he'd found abandoned outside near a dumpster, back into the pile, before setting down next to his future daughter/son. Marley struggled to her feet and scurried away from the fire. Oren watched as she scratched at the tent door for a moment, before heading over to unzip the opening for her. He felt bad for the old hound, running for the hills whenever something she didn't see touched her. From what he could tell she couldn't see anything unless it was a few feet in front of her, anything off to the side and she might as well be blind. Once safely inside the tent, Marly nosed her way through under the sleeping bag and made a mess of the blankets. He closed the tent, and settled back down near the fire. He readjusted the blanket around their shell. He tilted his head slightly as he did so, hoping that the firelight would somehow give him a clue that would lead him to guessing their gender.
The soft white of its shell along with the other splashes of color were bathed in an even softer orange. The small read splotches became fiery, and the brown- well that just became more vibrant. He couldn't help but lower his ears and smile at the egg. Was this initially how he wanted to become a father? No, he'd fostered one or two viscetlings in the past but… being a foster dad had always only been temporary, this was permanent- or so he hoped.
He shrugged his shoulders before settling in closer to the fire. His eyes glossed over as he stared at the flames. He'd wanted to tell his egg a scary story, but now… He pulled the egg into his lap, clutching it tightly. "Have I become a nester?" He asked no one in particular. He narrowed his eyes at the blaze as if waiting for an answer.
"Nester? What do you mean by that." A feminine voice answered. In an instant Marly was on her feet, barking, and fighting her way out of the blankets. They both could hear her growl as she attempted to escape her self made prison and charge the intruder. He jumped straight into the air, nearly causing the egg to fall to the ground as he did so. He wasn't trespassing as far as he knew- wait maybe he was? Who ever it was couldn't force him off the property without letting him pack first could they? His neck nearly snapped due to the speed in which he turned to see her. His mane stood on end, pupils as large as what you'd expect them to be if they belonged to someone who'd been living in the dark for the past few years. It didn't take him long to locate a burgundyish colored viscet, who's backpacker clothing didn't initially sooth his fear. "Whoa there big guy." said the smaller cet, raising her hands in the air as though she were trying to comfort a frightened horse. Realizing that she didn't look like she'd showered in days, and that her clothing resembled backpacker's he'd seen on magazines, he relaxed a little-or at least enough to take a more pacifist stance. "I'm not here to kick you out." the stranger yelled over the barking. Unsure of how to respond, Oren scooped up his unhatched child and headed over to the tent.
"Oh. What are you here for then?" Oren asked, unzipping it and setting them in the the closest inside corner of the tent before helping to untangle his companion. She stumbled out of the tent tripping over him as she did so and charged in the direction she believed the noise to have come from. Oren scooped the egg back up again, watching as his dog was greeted by an unhappy looking cet.
"Oh a dog. Yay." Muttered the other. "I saw your fire-I'm pretty pro with starting fires, but figured that you might want some company." Said the stranger, patting the dog's head before looking from him to the fire. "Mind if I join you?" Said the shorter cet as she got closer to the fire, she kept her distance from him as she did so. He sat back down next to his egg, pulling it into his lap once more. She seemed pretty civilized but there were still feral out there… and with a baby with him he couldn't be too careful. Maybe she was a bum who'd come to rob him, she looked like she was dirty enough to be desperate. Cets just didn't shower because they preferred to be grungy right? He was pretty sure he was. Her eagerness to trust him and share the fire troubled him. She seemed rather young, young enough to be preyed on by creeps. What if he'd been some kind of creep? She'd have been putting herself in danger by coming closer to him. He figured that if she was lucky enough to stumble across a decent guy in the woods who was more interested keeping his small family safe than violence, how lucky could he be with a stranger hanging around his camp site? He doubted there was enough luck to go around, but didn't want to somehow set them off by turning them away, so invited them to sit across from where he planned to. He sat back down next to his egg, pulling it into his lap once more.
"Sure." He answered, glad to have the company despite his fears.
"My name is Nora." Said the other, settling down on the other side of the fire. She slid her bag off her shoulders and set it down next to her.
"Oren." He watched as the old hound fallowed their visiter to the other side of fire and laid down next to her.
"So what'd you mean by nester?" Nora asked, her eyes falling to her backpack. She tilted her head interrupting him before he could answer. "Did you find someone with the same nesting drive as you do and that's why you're a nester?" She asked. He raised an eyebrow at her question.
"What?" His eyes narrowed, and he gave her an inquisitive look before answering. "No."
"Who's egg is that then?" She dug into her bag, fishing out a water bottle.
"Their mine." He pulled it closer. Nora held up her hands as though she was being arrested once more before taking a drink from her water bottle. She lowered the bottle, for the first time getting a good look of him. She looked unimpressed with his answer. He loosened his grip on his prize and sitting up straighter, afraid he'd given her the impression that he'd stollen it. "I adopted them." He said a little quieter.
"So you're a cluck?"
"What?"
"A cluck. They're chickens who'll sit on any eggs they stumble across."
"Why is it called a cluck?"
"They make a distinct clucking sound when they're looking for nests to sit on." She answered. There was a moment of silence between them. "I stayed on a farm for awhile." There was another pause, this one slightly longer.
"Oh. Cool." Oran managed. Nora tapped her fingers on her water knee for a moment. "So when did you live on a farm?" He managed.
"About a year ago. It was a nice place, and they let me sleep in the barn in exchange for doing a few chores."
"Nice couple?"
"Well the old woman was, the old guy was kind of a grump. I would have hung around for a few weeks had it not been for some of the creepy stuff that went on there."
"Creepy?"
"Really creepy. Care to hear about it?" Nora asked. He nodded in response unaware that the tale she was about to tell was a little more than nightmare fuel paired with exaggerations and a few stretched truths.

{viscets used Oren and Nora. Both belong to me.}
"There are two stars in the sky, and they're both planes."

Really though, just *Incoherent screaming*
Macyduke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

Prompt 4 - Camping

Username; Placebo
Campin' with the Kids wrote:

-Lachlan always graciously takes it upon himself to take his friend's kids out camping once every summer even though the boys seem to hate it; needless to say, Jocelyn comes along to make sure he doesn't lose her little brother (JJ), but Anya doesn't seem to mind the trips.-

-Nevertheless, JJ seems to adore Lachlan's campfire stories despite his bellyaching, but Anya doesn't seem to care either way.

Viscets Used/Mentioned || Jocelyn/Jackie | Lachlan | Anya | JJ | Chai
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 pm

username; G1 Sunstreaker
McCoy and Jasmine would often go camping together for several days at a time, enjoying each other's presence in the wilderness. There was little McCoy enjoyed more than spending time with his daughter.
{McCoy & Jasmine}
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:33 am

sorry for the delay! This is the next to last prompt of the event!

{Prompt 4 Winners & Weekly Raffle Winner}

qualifying/participation: (each user listed here will receive the following: x1 Stubs & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

special mentions: (each user listed here will receive the following: x2 Stubs, Special Potion & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

winners: (each user listed here will receive the following: x3 Stubs, x2 Special Potions & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

Weekly Raffle 4:
  1. ~Teya~
  2. ~Prophecy~
  3. ABeardedDragon
  4. kiffell
  5. PikachuTori25
  6. Strudel
  7. Wolfenhimer
  8. _Alex_
  9. ShimmerSolarPets
  10. Yugi
  11. Wobbuffet
  12. Mint Chip
  13. Macyduke
  14. Placebo
  15. G1 Sunstreaker

weekly raffle 4 winner
#9 ShimmerSolarPets!

Congrats to all our winners! Please check out Prize section for more info on what you won. There are a couple new special items added to the prize section, so be sure to check those out. The prizes cannot be redeemed/used for roughly 1 week to give us time to get them all recorded. Here is a link to where you can claim your potions / items or weekly raffle prize.

---------------------------------------------------

{ PROMPT 5 : Summer Festival! }
Typically I've made all thee prompts ones that you can take however you want and in whatever direction you want. However I want something a little different for this 2nd to last prompt. I've decided I want to hear about what your viscets did at the {Viscet} Summer Festival! I'll give you an insert via a small amount of writing you give you some ideas of what is there but you'll have to use your imagination to fill in the rest! Again it will be art or writing but they'll be a little more allotted words and art this time! Tell or show me what the viscets did, what their favorite part was, did they take part in the festival by being part of the entertainment, etc. What competitions were there, did they win any prizes, etc. Tell me all about it!

The {Viscet} Summer Festival!
There were flyers scattered about the town, many received them in their mail boxes, saw them hanging on trees or shop windows about the town. The entire area and it's surrounding areas have been bustling with excitement since word of the festival's date. Everyone wanted to be a part even if it was just coming to enjoy what it had to offer. The festival was said to have a great many number of things. Competition games like hit the mark and win a prize, tug of war/strongest viscet contests, and so much more. There was word of some surprising and unique entertainment provided by travelers or other viscets that set up their own booths to show off things they'd made or their skills. There would be an eating competition and the winner would receive a trophy and a wonderful prize! There was rumored to be even some carnival-like rides for kids and adults of all ages! Not to mention all the various food carts and trucks with all the variety a viscet could want! The end to the night there was going to be a huge music concert where the best and well-know musicians of the community would take the stage and give their all to a performance! You definitely don't want to miss out!

rules
    -minimum requirement is 300 words or 1 sketch (sketch should be full body & depict something they are doing)
    -2000 words maximum allowed or 5 art (art can be comics with less than 450 words in the entire comic or full illustrations, animations, etc)
    -in order to qualify minimum requirement must be met & it must be prompt related
dates
    July 18th - July 28th Aug. 3rd | Ends @ 8 pm cst on July 28th Aug. 3rd

Code: Select all
[center][b]Prompt 5 - The Festival![/b][/center]
username;
{words [b]or[/b] art}
{viscets used / credits}
Last edited by Mint Chip on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 13

Postby milo. » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:26 am

Prompt 5 - The Festival!

username; milo.
{words or art}
{viscets used / credits}

hAAAAAAAAARD RES
    5 arts:

1. Beproti Rodyti group shot at entrance
      2. Povas probably arguing with some poor festival worker about rigged games ( he knows after all )
      3. Jesse & Seb with their babiens on a lil baby ride??
      4. Zain & Melody layin' down dirty trap drops
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 13

Postby padaleckii » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:34 am

Prompt 5 - The Festival!

Username wrote:username; ~prophecy~

Fluff Stuff {306/400} wrote:“It was a mild summer day. Perfect for a fair; especially one of this size. Laney looked up to see the sky was filled with fluffy clouds that looked like candy floss. As she approached the entrance she gripped tighter onto Hali's paw and tugged with more force. The music and happy screams grew increasingly louder. Laney looked back to Kephas and saw that he looked unsure of being there, but his expression changed to a smile as soon as he saw how happy his daughter was. When the three got up to the ticket stand, Hali paid for two adults and one child. Laney wasted no time and ran in, forcing both Hali and Kephas to sprint after her while weaving throughout the standing viscets. Laney stopped and gazed in awe, not at all the bright flashing lights or the rides, but at a simple little shack in which cotton candy was sold. That was the biggest reason Laney wanted to go. Sure she would have fun on the rides, but more than anything she wanted to try this fluffy stuff commonly referred to as "candy floss" and "cotton candy." As soon as Hali set the money on the counter and the lady running the stand pushed over a huge bag, Laney snatched it up and scurried out of the way. She untwisted the twist tie as fast as her paws would let her. When the bag was open she almost froze in excitement! She shoved her paw into the bag and ripped out a huge chunk, proceeding to devour the pink and blue fluff pieces that matched her all too well. Hali and Kephas grinned at the sight of the expression on Laney's face. They didn't usually let her have sweets this sugary, but It was all too adorable and oh so worth it.

“It could have been a fiasco!” “But it wasn't.” {206/400} wrote:The three viscets continued their journey at the fair. The music from each ride blasted extremely loud; the visclings waiting in lines had no problem with the music and didn't seem to care about the potentially dangerous rides. Kephas felt like he was the only one. At every ride Hali took Laney to, Kephas followed, and at every one he complained about the music and asked question after questions about the safety of the ride. He even argued with a few who deemed them “completely; most definitely 100% safe.” Kephas looked over to see Hali helping Laney on one of the bigger rides, and then turned even further to see a viscling who had just gotten off the ride and was vomiting out what strangely seemed to be cotton candy. Kephas felt his own stomach turn, fearing that Laney would end up like that too. It wasn't long before Laney and Hali were back from the ride. Hali muttered something about him being a bit to big for the ride, but Kephas wasn't paying attention. He was focused on every little change to Laney’s expression, watching to see any sign of her being nauseous. Instead of expelling the overly expensive fluff, Laney seemed happier than ever.

A Silver Plushie and a Bell {388/400} wrote:The sun was high in the sky, the temperature hotter than it had been when they arrived. The three pushed on, determined to get the most out of the day. Rides had been ridden, treats had been eaten: now it was time for games. Kephas sighed at the dent it was putting in his stack of spendable cash. He didn't like that the games were so expensive, but understand they needed a profit. Visclings threw darts, knocked down milk bottles, and aimed water guns with their best accuracy. They plucked rubber ducks from ponds and tried to stand up bottles with a small ring on a fishing pole. Kephas and Laney did it all. They had fun, but were very unsuccessful. Kephas loved playing these games, he remembered when he was little and went to the fair with one of his friends. Hali, on the other hand, didn't want to be seen participating in these childish games. Until, of course, there was one he could really show off. A rusty, old “Test Your Strength” machine. Right there. Right in front of them. It was a golden opportunity to impress Laney, and actually win her a good prize. He eyed a fluffy silver plushie as the top prize. Hali puffed up his chest and put on a grin. He was going to show Laney how strong he was. Hali gave the worker four tickets and grabbed the mallet. He leaned over while carefully positioning the hammer to the center of the target. He counted to three and then swung forcefully. It was almost to the top, but not quite. When the worker asked which tiny prize he wanted he was embarrassed as no one seem impressed even the slightest bit. He frowned, then threw four more tickets in front of the worker. With all his strength and anger, he slammed down the mallet, sending the puck flying up and hitting the bell with great force. Laney quietly cheered with a smile and Kephas clapped slowly, but Hali was more than satisfied with that. He turned to the plush, and the worker sighed as she pulled it down off a hook and handed it to him. Hali was very proud of himself and wore a smile the rest the day, making it seem like a bigger deal than it actually was.

Pie! {293/400} wrote:The wind was blowing fairly strong, and the pie eating contest was about to begin. They were setting up, getting the pies out and ready. The air that had been scented with food of all sorts slowly turned to the smell of freshly baked, warm cherry pie. The smell overpowered most of the garbage stink, so it was amazing. Laney was instantly drawn to the smell. As soon as she caught the scent, she whipped around and immediately started walking in that direction. Kephas and Hali were confused at first as to why she suddenly started walking away, but the followed her and quickly smelled the pie themselves. Laney pushed through the crowd to get go the front; Kephas and Hali politely wiggled throughout the viscets to get to Laney. When they got to her, the both just stared at her. She was so intrigued by the five viscets up on the stand with their face in the pie that smelled so good. One of the viscets on the stand claimed they were attempting both the world record for fastest pie eaten and most pies in 10 minutes, so the news obviously was going to come to see this. Kephas noticed the camera that had been on the viscets eating pie turn to the crowd. He tapped Laney and pointed over to the camera that was scanning the crowd. She excitedly waved with a big smile and watched the camera. It went back to the viscets, so she continued watching. When the ten minutes were up a few viscets left, but most stayed to hear the winner announced. A viscet declared the winner, but it was not the viscet trying to break the records. He was close, but actually didn't break either record!

Meanwhile in Mythos... {389/400} wrote:The fair, of course, is only in one place at one time, so many towns get their fair at completely different times, but the large kingdom of Mythos doesn't get a fair at all! Mostly all of the viscets there have never experienced a fair for themselves ever: not even once! Instead when word of a fair gets out, many keep the news on all day, some even skip work to watch for any clips and segments that they put in of the fairs to see what they really are like. Many visclings’ biggest wish is to experience a fair and every year they get really excited for the fair season. They gawk at the short blurbs and go fair crazy in the summer. It's not even just the visclings. The few adult viscets who have got the chance to leave and go to a fair squeal and cried tears of joy, because fairs are such a foreign and neat concept to those in Mythos. Pandora is just one of many who is obsessed with Summer Fairs. Every year she designs fair-inspired fashion pieces using the recorded events.
She sat down in front of her TV and switched it on. She waited for any sign of a Fair on the news, and held onto her pencil and sketchbook tightly. Pandora was ready to catch the short clips and jot down notes and ideas. As soon as the short recordings played she went at it. With her eyes not leaving the tv she scrambled to draw out quick ideas and notes. When it ended and went back to boring regular news, she looked down at her notes. The thing that caught her attention this year was the big spinning light up wheel. She sat there for hours thinking of things she could do, when suddenly it hit her. Though she rarely does them, Pandora decided she would make a bag. The bag would be a cylinder connected to two straps on either flat side and have free spinning range motion. She sketched out little triangular compartments inside with velcro flaps that could open and close. There would be little removal tags which you could label the compartments as, and keep your items separate. She thought this was a clever idea, and immediately got out materials to make a prototype.”

Last edited by padaleckii on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:42 am, edited 17 times in total.

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me