VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 16

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 16

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:09 am

Hello everyone, in light of summer finally rolling around we've decided we're going to host some character development inspired contests. Each prompt will run roughly 5 days and can be done via writing or drawing. There will be 2 days for judging and announcing winners before the next prompt begins. Everyone who enters with at least the minimum requirement will receive some stubs and the chance to be entered into a weekly Raffle drawing for some special prizes! As always make sure to read all the rules before entering. And I hope you have a lot of fun!

Table of Contents
Guidelines | How to Participate | Prompts & Prizes | Records & Wins
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VISCETS: Prompt Thread : Guidelines

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:25 am

Rules & Guidelines
As always there are rules and guidelines that need to be followed so we can ensure this all goes smoothly.

Rules
    ☀ Be kind & respectful of others
    ☀ Follow our general rules & CS rules

Guidelines
    ☀ Individual prompts may have their own separate guidelines
    ☀All prompts have the option for writing and artwork.
      Some may vary for specifics but for comics you cannot have more than 300 words in the entire thing.
    ☀ All Staff members (that can) will be helping with looking over these prompt entries for the winners
    ☀ Everyone who participates in a Prompt with at least the minimum requirement for the prompt will receive a stub.
    ☀ Depending upon activity per prompt will determine the amount of prizes given out.
      But up to 10 winners can be picked for one prompt to receive extra prizes beyond the singular stub.
    ☀ Be creative with your prompts & do not steal from others prompts (this is both rude & plagiarism.)
    ☀ You must own at least one viscet to participate in the prompts
    ☀ You cannot use another persons viscet in your art or writing without their permission.
      So be sure to ask before doing so & credit for who owns the other viscet!
    ☀ If you have any questions feel free to pm them to me & I will respond to them as best I can.
      These guidelines may be expanded to reflect these questions & their answers.

☀ And of course have fun!
Last edited by Mint Chip on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VISCETS : Prompt Thread : Participating

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:36 am

How to Participate

While each of the prompts may have separate guidelines, this is for the general understand of how to participate in this small event. Keep in mind that while participation is not required by any means, it would be a great chance to get to develop your viscets further and have fun with your fellow community members! Not to mention some very sweet prizes as well!

General How-To
    ☀ Read the prompt below. The current open prompt will have it's title in green.
    ☀ It will also be labeled with the date it begins & ends as well as the time the prompt ends.
    ☀ You can fill out the prompt in two different ways: Either in writing or in artwork!
    ☀ The prompts judging will be done on creativity and overall development depicted.
    ☀ You can use more than one viscet in the prompts.
      Just be sure to follow the rules on per the prompt & only use viscets you own or have permission from others to use.
    ☀ Again, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me regarding it. I will do my best to answer them.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VISCETS : Prompt Thread : Prompts & Prizes

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:46 am

Prompts
In this section all of the prompts will be listed. This section is for record of what prompts have been posted and for the current one open. Below will be listed the prompts' titles as well as the dates they run through. The open ones will be marked with a green title as stated above in the "How to Participate" section. The prompts will be posted as a new comment on the thread rather than an updated consistent post but the new prompt page number will be updated into the title of the thread!

Prompts

Prizes
I'm certain this is the section everyone is most curious about and rightfully so. We have several interesting prizes that are going into this little development event. I will have them all listed and roughly what it takes to earn them. At the end of the prompt event there will be a grand raffle which extra tickets will have been earned based on overall participation in the entire prompt event!

Please go here for individual prize claims that are beyond Stubs.

Prizes
these will be listed by how they're obtain and what prize it equals

Prompt Prizes
    these are obtained just by participating and/or winning the prompt contests
      participating with minimum requirement met: x1 Stubs & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle

exceeding minimum requirement / hitting maximum allowance: x2 Stubs, Special Potion & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle
        *note only 5-10 people can receive this prize per prompt

top 3-5 forms / special mention forms: x3 Stubs, x2 Special Potions & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle

specials potions that can be won are: Reverse PPS Potion, Color Additive Potion, Definite Trait Potion, Roaming Trait Potion, Uncommon MYO Add-on & Rare MYO Add-on.
      **roaming trait potion allows for any event rare roaming trait to be applied to a batch.
      ***Uncommon MYO add-on is a +1 added uncommon trait of your choosing to a not yet made myo.
        compatible with all MYO types except a Tier 4.
      ***Rare MYO add-on is a +1 added rare trait of your choosing to a not yet made myo.
        compatible with all MYO types except Tier 4.
      ****also note that only one trait add-on item can be used per myo / custom.

Weekly Raffle Prizes
    these are obtained from the earned tickets from participating prompts automatically and are applied once a week to a raffle drawing, the prizes per weekly raffle varies a little each week but only 1 winner is selected each week.
      weekly raffles winners will win either a Special Tier MYO or a Special Batch Potion.
      Special Tier MYO is an Event Rare MYO but you can only select an event rare from a premade list of event rares choices.
      Special Batch Potion is like the ST MYO, it's a batch potion for an Event Rare trait but again you can only select from a premade list of event rares choices.

potential event rares that may be allowed for these prizes are; Ice mane, Fire mane, Hooves, Bone Shell, Finned mane, Scorpion tail, Double coat, Butterfly tufts, Doll, Underfluff, Vine tail, and Firefly tail.

Grand Raffle Prize
    this one is obtained from however many prompts you have overall participated in during the entire event. so if you participate in all prompts then you will receive a ticket per each prompt to be entered into the grand raffle drawings.
      The grand raffle winner(s) will win a Ultra Batch Potion which is a magnified special batch potion that is for a legendary.

There may be up to 3 winners drawn for at the end of this event depending upon participation. The Ultra Batch Potion is a batch potion for a specific legendary! The three legendaries that potentially could be given out in the Ultra Batch Potions are the Great Antlers (choice of candle or branched), the Bat & Magnificent Crystals. Keep in mind these are the potential three than will be released based on the participation levels and overall ticket numbers. All three may not be given out but the potential is there.

*Note this unique batch potion will count for your legendary win allowance for the year. (as of 6.1.17)
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:12 am, edited 14 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VISCETS : Prompt Thread : Records & Wins

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:52 am

Records & Wins
this section is specifically for recording and listing all the winners of prizes. this section won't always be up to date as it may take a while to get it all updated on my end. but generally it will be updated as soon as I can. participation only winners will be cataloged onto a separate document.

Weekly Prompt Winners

Weekly Raffle Winners

Grand Raffle Winner(s)
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:44 am, edited 10 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Summer Prompt Thread : Prompt 1

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:26 am

Sorry I haven't had the time to get this running with some personal issues going on, but I want to make sure this gets good the ground for this summer! Alrighty, so this is Prompt 1! There's going to be 3-6 prompts so this event may run between 3 and 6 weeks long. Each Prompt will only last for 5 days with a new one starting each Monday and ending on a Friday. Saturday and Sunday will be judging days and Sunday or Monday will announce the previous week's winner(s). If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. c:

{ PROMPT 1 : Summer Has Begun }
Summer has indeed begun and with the beginning of Summer I want to hear your viscets favorite summer hobby or activity. What do they like to do with their time during the summer? Do they do activities outdoor or indoors? Do they do hobbies/activities with others or just by themselves? You can use as many of your viscets (or other viscets that you have expression permission to use) for the prompt but it must follow the prompt! You can depict the viscet(s) via writing or artwork. In order to participate / qualify you must do a minimum of 300 words or 1 sketch depicting the prompt. You can have a max of 1500 words or 3 art pieces to depict the prompt. Words must follow the prompt, same with the artwork. Make sure to cite the viscets used (and their owners) at the bottom of your page.

rules
    -minimum requirement is 300 words or 1 sketch (sketch should be full body & depict something they are doing)
    -1500 words maximum allowed or 3 art (art can be comics with less than 300 words in the entire comic or full illustrations, etc. but no animations plz)
    -in order to qualify minimum requirement must be met & it must be prompt related
dates
    June 12th - June 16th | Ends @ 8 pm cst on June 16th

Code: Select all
[center][b]Prompt 1 - Favorite Summer Hobby(s) or Activity(s)[/b][/center]
username;
{words [b]or[/b] art}
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread

Postby tiny little box » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 am

Prompt 1 - Favorite Summer Hobby(s) or Activity(s)

username; tiny little box
{words or art}

Cupid glanced out the laboratory Windows with both envy and relief. It was about a hundred degree's in Sullivan's lab and he couldn't stand the unbearable amount of heat thats was clenching to his fur like a wet blanket.He hated him sometimes,hated him with every once of his body but he couldn't help but love the insane psychopath. They had to keep it warm in there,how else would the flowers for the potions would grow.Not to mention the amount of fumes those potions produced.
He wiped his brow a bit and put the sparkling potion to the side.The love potions he needed to complete today were finally done.And he could go home.Back to the miserable little squaller of boring solitude.He leaned back on his chair,most other viscets working in Sullivan's lab at went home or went out to enjoy the nice summer air.He tapped the end of his pen against the paper.Writing down a couple more things before pushing it to the side.
How long has it been since he went outside and enjoyed the sun.
Ha never.
He got up and pushed the little papers into the little slot next to Sullvian's door and walked out,taking off his lab coat and all.

When he got out he let out a small sigh of relief,a quiet smile placed on his lips.The air was so much cooler then the air inside,the sun kissing the top of the rocky mountains.

Cupid felt giddy all over again,sitting down and watching the sun set.It sure had been awhile.Was it five years ago.Man.Time sure caught up to ou.He let out a small sigh of relief and tugged at the flowers.He stuck out his tongue,crushing the pelts between his thumb pads.These would be great for some potions.Maybe a sleeping aid as well.
He shook his head and watched as the sky turned from a crisp gold to a somberness purple.This was his favorite part.When the light escaped the sky leaving nothing but the darkness to consume the land. Truly his favorite part of the summer weather was not the blazing heat or the unbearable light.It was the summer constellations that made him feel like a small speck in the universe.
And he was okay with that
Last edited by tiny little box on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:42 am

Username; Divantae

Merlin owned by me

Summer was like a whole different world; it seemed that everyone, regardless of profession or rank, was out and about flocking to someplace or another in hopes of making memories. Merlin was no exception, except it was part of his job description to wander. Besides, he was considered an outlaw on top of his career as a wizard, so he had no reason to stay at home inviting trouble.

Yes, this was very apparent that humid, sticky day, summer was a bustling and purely nomadic season. Merlin lay, belly up, to the sun that was casting fiery orbs in his eyelids when he dozed off. Though dozing off was different than sleeping, which he could not do between the seagulls screeching at each other, children racing by, and women gossiping audibly across from him.

Ironically, Merlin's interests during the summer were nothing but the ordinary. Waterparks, fireworks, carnivals, those kinds of things. His favorite was lying on the tough, unforgiving, and scalding hot beach like today without a care in the world. However, he was feeling quite emotionally drained and bored this year, like his soul was sucked straight out of his body, and that he's seen it all, there's nothing else to see in this world, nope. So, he decided to do something else for a change: venture the boardwalk that he avoided dearly, for law enforcement patrolled and the throngs of people were especially thick there.

For quite some time he was clueless of what to do, because he just felt empty, that was until he set his sights on the aquarium on the boardwalk. Typical it was not. Raising his eyebrows, he glared at the strange sign that hung over him, a sign that was almost... twirling, hypnotic, but welcoming, if that made any lick of sense. This sign was in the shape of a jellyfish, and an exotic swirl of magenta was radiating from it, almost circling it. Merlin had to find out more, being the wizard he is, so he entered, cold air blasting him as he strolled in curiously.

"Welcome, sir!" a voice excitedly called out to him, though he couldn't address it. Adjusting his eyes to the much darker building, he was met with a little Viscet sitting at the front desk, happily looking on.

"Greetings. Say, what is-"

"Oh yes, sir! You must be here for the sign, everyone asks about it these days. Our aquarium is quite magical," she gave some jazz hands as she talked about magic, "as the very owner of this very establishment had charmed that sign! It used to be an old piece of driftwood from the shore, believe it or not..." she drifted off ominously.

"Cool, cool. So is the whole aquarium like it? I dabble in a bit of magic myself," Merlin added.

"Of course, sir. Here are our prices for day passes and a pamphlet for your viewing pleasure."

"Alright, thank you. I'll buy just a twelve hour," he concluded, handing her the money.

"Have a great time!" she waved him off.

The aquarium was very dark, except for the sea creatures' habitats, the purple smoke and sparkles littered over the floor. There was a terrific aura of wonder and imagination, like something bigger was at play. Though Merlin was more interested in the magic surrounding the establishment, he couldn't help but grin like a little boy again at the sea turtles and sharks, placing a paw on the clear aura barrier separating the water and the rest of the building. Even the dullest aquatic life seemed colorful and interesting with the spells; it was a truly refreshing experience. Needless to say, Merlin promised to come back to the aquarium every summer. [618 words]
Last edited by Divantae on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:44 am

oooo yessss, super pumped for this <333

username; G1 Sunstreaker

(Vesko and Leia)

Chess!
Last edited by G1 Sunstreaker on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:48 am

Username wrote:username; ~Prophecy~

It's not really an specific or exact summer activity, but Laurel's favorite thing to do during summer is spend time with her adopted sister, Trinity. Ever since the family discovered Trinity wasn't going to grow any more, they decided it would be best if Trinity had a guardian with her whenever possible, even though she is completely capable of all tasks that don't require a regular height. Laurel thoroughly enjoys watching over and doing things with Trinity. Trinity pretends to be annoyed by her false shadow, though sometimes she actually is, but overall likes Laurel's company even though she doesn't show it often. Dispite their differences, they make a pretty compatible and strong team. They have their summertime giggle moments when one of them fails epically at trying something new or says something stupid, and they will just laugh it off. (Sometimes Trinity gets upset or frustrated, but it ends up alright!) Laurel and Trinity spend their summer outside from the moment they wake up to the moment they sleep- sometimes even more than that. They both love picnics and camping outside, which makes their time spent even less indoors. They both have the same passion for doings new things, such as visiting new places, hiking up new trails, discovering cool trees that they can hang out in all day and just talk, or doing simpler things like trying a different food, making something from a recipe they haven't used before, or meeting new friends. One activity that they can be found doing often is lying in the grass together while making pictures or scenes out of clouds. Since the clouds change shape they do their best to make stories of what is happening. Sometimes they just stare at the clouds and talk. Trinity will talk nonstop about anything and everything, which Laurel enjoys because she isn't one to talk a great amount. Since Trinity is a scaredy cat, she'll tell Laurel about the scary things and rant about them for as long as she can before needing to actually stop to breathe. Whether it is chasing butterflies, picking flowers, planting a garden, or making homemade ice-cream, Laurel is guaranteed to have fun with her little sister.

A Summer Disaster wrote:"Come on Trin!" Laurel screeched into Trinity's ear.
"What time is it. Ugh, just... just five more minutes, okay?" Trinity yawned as she opened her eyes halfway to see Laurel leaning right over her. She jumped, scared at the sight.
Hearing Trinity's immediate heavy breathing, Laurel put on a frown.
"Aw, I'm sorry Trin. I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry." She looked down to the floor.
"Just... turn off the lights and I'll forgive you." Trinity said with a tired, almost lifeless voice as she rolled over and pulled a blanket over her head. Laurel's expression quickly turned from sad to confused.
"I didn't turn the lights on..." She looked around. "None of them are on. That's just the sun beaming in." Laurel looked away from Trinity and to the window, mentally kicking herself for scaring Trinity.
"IT'S WHAT?" Trinity shrieked. "What time IS IT?" She sat straight up.
"Quarter after noon." Laurel shrugged with a half smile.
"I slept that late?!" Trinity screeched out in a high pitched tone. "I'm so sorry... I'll get ready immediately!" She threw herself out of her bed and bolted out of her room.
Laurel looked out of Trinity's window, still sitting at the edge of the bed. She didn't really know what to feel. She was happy that it was going to be a great day alone with Trinity, but sad that the first plan ended up cancelled because of Trinity sleeping in. She was disappointed that the day started like this; she had really hoped everything would go according to plan, but she knew that this was only the beginning and that there was still hope for this day to be wonderful . There was still the picnic, the hike, and the baking to look forward to, now that the homemade breakfast was out of the picture.

Trinity came tumbling over, tripping almost every step, but finally managed to get back to the bed.
"Woahhhh there. Slow down, slow down, you are going to hurt yourself if you travel everywhere at that pace!" Laurel giggled out.
"I'm ready now!" Trinity said with a grin.
The two rushed to the kitchen, basket and blanket in paw. Laurel opened the freezer and fridge doors. She took out the container of frozen grapes, which Trinity carefully placed over an ice pack into the basket. She then set the plate of sandwiches next to the grapes. The two took turns stuffing various foods into the container, miraculously fitting in a lot more than what the basket looks like it can hold. They both exchanged the exact same glance at each other, and in sync turned their head to the watermelon.
"It's not gonna fit." Whispered Trinity.
"What'll we do?" Questioned Laurel.
"I'll carry it I guess." Sighed Trinity. She took ahold of the watermelon carefully, the briskly set it down.
"Wait! I almost forgot!" She shouted out. "Your gonna love this! I baked a p-" Trinity stopped in the middle of a word as she took sight of what lay before her. "THE PIE!" She yowled in surprise! "I- I.... baked a pie... for our picnic... It was going to be special. I worked so hard! It is gone! Someone ate it! The whole thing in just one night?!" She wailed.
"Trinity..." Laurel said in a soft tone with a sympathetic look. "It will be okay. I'm sure it would have been delicious. Pie or no pie, we still can have a great picnic together!"
"Yeah.. yeah... you are right." Trinity wiped away the first tear as to make sure she didn't start acting crying. She picked up the watermelon as Laurel gripped the basket, careful not to be to brisk to not risk it bursting. Laurel and Trinity walked out the door with the same thoughts of hoping nothing else would become a disaster. The two walked a faster than steady pace over the rocky trail to get to the field which was perfect for picnics.
"There's a bee. Watch out." Laurel playfully giggled out as she watched the bee that flew around Trinity.
"A bee?!" Trinity screamed, jumping in freight. She misstepped and tripped right over a particularly large rock; the watermelon went flying out of her paws as she planted into the pathway. They heard a thud as it crushed open. Laurel rushed over to make sure Trinity was okay.
"I'm so sorry!" Trinity cried out in horror.
"Trinity, It's okay. It's alright," Laurel comforted her.
"You sure?" Trinity peeped. "Yes," Laurel nodded.

They walked the rest of the way in silence, and had a great lunch even with no pie or watermelon to eat.
When they arrived back home they were excited to finally get something done right. It wasn't an outdoor activity, but both of them had wanted to try to make bread. They shuffled around and past each other, getting out all the supplies needed. They successfully worked as a team, following the recipe and making perfect dough.
"I set the timer and the temperature! The oven is ready to go!" Trinity squealed.
"I'm going to take a nap while it bakes, if that is okay?" Laurel looked to Trinity for approval. "Sure! I'm going to read a book!" Trinity proudly stated.

Time passed and Trinity was deep into a thrilling adventure book She smelled a strange smell and looked up, questioning what it could be.
"The bread!" She screamed, throwing down the book and rushing to the kitchen, snatching the oven mitts. She opened the oven and carefully took out the solid black bread. She fanned it off and stared in disappointment. "The timer didn't go off," she mumbled as Laurel rushed to the kitchen.
Trinity started bawling. "It's my fault. It is all my fault. Everything bad happened because of me. First breakfast, then the pie, the watermelon, and now the bread!" She threw down the oven mitts and ran outside to cry. Laurel brushed flour off of her fur and untied her apron. Quickly darting after Trinity, she outran the small Viscling by far and stopped her in her tracks. "You know Trinity. I'm going to be honest. This day was a mess. A total disaster," Trinity grew sadder by hearing this, and Laurel put both paws on Trinity's shoulders. "But you know what? Today was still fun. Just hanging out with you was enough. Sure we didn't get breakfast, watermelon, pie, or bread, but those are just foods. We can have those any day. But you are you, and time cannot be reversed. I didn't come up with these ideas to have food, but to spend time with you during these beautiful summer days before we can't anymore. Because time is precious and you should spend it with the ones you love."
Last edited by padaleckii on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me