~πŸŒ’~Midnight Stallions Species Info~πŸŒ’~

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

~πŸŒ’~Midnight Stallions Species Info~πŸŒ’~

Postby ArtGirl » Mon May 22, 2017 5:09 pm

~❊~Adopts~❊~Archive~❊~FAQ~❊~Fanclub~❊~Barns~❊~Nursery~❊~Breeding Slot Archive~❊~Shop~❊~
Custom Shop~❊~Design Suggestions~❊~Fanart/Giftlinearts~❊~

No Posting!
Thanks

Thread Navigation:
~πŸŒ’~About~πŸŒ’~History~πŸŒ’~Marking and Mutation Rarities~πŸŒ’~CMM News Article History~πŸŒ’~
Last edited by ArtGirl on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 14 times in total.
~❀~Hey guys! Check out the awesome links below.~❀~

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~❊~Midnight Stallions About~❊~

Postby ArtGirl » Tue May 23, 2017 12:47 pm

(pic res)

Canadian mountain mustangs or CMM's are a new breed of mustang that was found in the mountains of Canada. With fewer than 300 in existence we are just starting to learn about this rare species. Usually standing around 16hh these horses are a very muscular breed built for traveling across their mountain home. Many speculate that they are ancestors to the Quarter Horse or Thoroughbred, but this is yet to be proven.

These horses are amazingly quiet and can move through the forest without making a sound or being seen. How is because they have a special Ambling gait very similar to the TΓΆlt. Using this, they can run quietly through the woods without being detected by predators. Many riders favor this because they can go for longer rides than other horse breeds without getting tired or hurting their back. With the increased endurance they are very famous in cross country and show jumping if you can find someone with the patience to train them. They are a very spirited breed and have a partial one rider gene in them making them nearly impossible to train but with time and patience they are worth every second.

Being a new breed they have been found to have many unique characteristics. One being their mane and tail. They have amazingly long manes that are almost never found above the fetlock. The only way it can be shorter is if it's a mutation or cut and styled by their rider. They are able to have other more extreme mutations besides a shorter mane but due to the small number of horses we don't know exactly what yet. They also unlike common horse breeds have amazing eye colors ranging from gold to blue to orange and even some red.

It was though that these horses came in any natural horse colors or markings. This is not the case. After further studies they have been found to not only come in any natural horse colors or markings but they also have unique markings known as bril or briling. Unrelated to brindle these stripe like markings can be as simple as a streak on the nose to as extensive as thick striping confused with tobiano. It's also not restricted to a specific flow and can be found in many patterns and designs. Briling has recently been found to come in many natural colors from one shade off of the base coat color to white on a black horse.

Recently discovered in old painting these horses where common rides for the past Indian tribes in the area. With there great endurance and muscular build they were great for traveling long distances and hunting. They would often be found painted by their riders as a way of identification. Further studies of these horses has lead to the discovery of a new protein in their hair which was named Slineca Protein. This protein not only makes color stand out on a dark coat but bonds to dye making it last for several months without fading. This made it easier for the Indians being that they only had to repaint them every couple months. Soon after this discovery it became very famous among modern riders, especially for competition and showing purposes.
Last edited by ArtGirl on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~❊~Midnight Stallions Species History~❊~

Postby ArtGirl » Tue May 23, 2017 4:08 pm

History (wip)

A few years ago, a beautiful valley hidden from man was discovered deep in the woods of Canada. The exploration was originally sent out to tag and track some of the local wolf population in the hopes of learning more about their pack habits. As they explored deeper and deeper, they got lost and went farther north than they planned to. As they continued, they started noticing strange things, like something following them then vanishing, and sounds like a thundering herd nearing them but there was nothing there.

A day before they planed to head back to base, they found a valley filled with beautiful wildflowers.

They decided to walk down to explore in the valley but heard a thundering sound through the trees behind them.
Curious, they turned to see what it was. In a moment's notice a beautiful paint mare with a long flowing mane and tail burst through the trees and ran through the valley. They watched as the beautiful horse stopped and turned around briefly to look at them, then disappeared in the trees.

A month or two later they came back to capture the horse and found out that this was a new species related to the mustang. Sadly before the beautiful horses had been found there breed had nearly slipped into extinction. Soon after, many people adopted them and started conservation centers to raise their numbers. They also started training them for showing and found that these mysterious horses held many surprises.

ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~πŸŒ’~Midnight Stallions Marking and Mutation Rarities~πŸŒ’~

Postby ArtGirl » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 am

Rarities wrote:
Common
Short or No Feathering
Long or Curly Mane/Tail

Uncommon
Long Feathering
Mid Mane/Tail

Rare
Short or no Mane/Tail
Species Mutations
Brindling
Last edited by ArtGirl on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~πŸŒ’~Midnight Stallions News Article History~πŸŒ’~

Postby ArtGirl » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 am

Discovered: May 2017

Recently discovered in old painting these horses where common rides for the past Indian tribes in the area. With there great endurance and muscular build they were great for traveling long distances and hunting. They would often be found painted by their riders as a way of identification. Further studies of these horses has lead to the discovery of a new protein in their hair which was named Slineca Protein. This protein not only makes color stand out on a dark coat but bonds to dye making it last for several months without fading. This made it easier for the Indians being that they only had to repaint them every couple months. Soon after this discovery it became very famous among modern riders, especially for competition and showing purposes.

Discovered: May 2017

It was though that these horses came in any natural horse colors or markings. This is not the case. After further studies they have been found to not only come in any natural horse colors or markings but they also have unique markings known as bril or briling. Unrelated to brindle these stripe like markings can be as simple as a streak on the nose to as extensive as thick striping confused with tobiano. It's also not restricted to a specific flow and can be found in many patterns and designs. Briling has recently been found to come in many natural colors from one shade off of the base coat to white on a black horse.

ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me