Sveldala Walking Equines - Slaughterhouse Rescue Event!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Sveldala Walking Equines - Slaughterhouse Rescue Event!

Postby ShadyBro » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:21 pm

There's a good number of SWEs from the rescue event that ended up not finding their forever homes. These guys have been revoked from the original participant due to incomplete tasks, and are now being put up for readoption to the general public. All of them are being adopted out via raffle, so please take a look at the latest post (by me) on each adopt for the correct form and not the form on the actual adopt (slight communication error with the other artists on my part, if you're confused please feel free to send me a message). Please remember that the story posted still applies, so if there are health or behavioral issues tied to the adopt this is still applicable. You'll receive more information on how to alter these issues later on during other events shows or mini games. Good luck everyone!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(If you notice any adopts missing or unclaimed, or have any qualms with the situation, please do not be afraid to message me!)

My Purpose For This Event:
This event is inspired by the many beautiful stories of horses rescued from the hands of kill buyers, saved by gracious non-profits and underground operations that you just wouldn't believe. You can read a little bit more about how you can help here and here, and if you would like to donate and help out even more, do a little research on your local non-profit horse rescues - chances are they've dabbled in auction rescues as well. If you would like more information on why you should oppose slaughter for reasons other than banning cruelty, see here. If you want to know how these auctions are run and why it is indeed cruel, feel free to do your own research (you wont have to look far) - humanesociety.org includes some very brutal articles and images to show just how horrific this market truly is, however I will not be linking anything here as it is far too graphic for CS standards. My purpose for sharing this with you all is as simple as it seems - to help raise awareness to an issue that even the most devote of animal lovers are all too ignorant of. So perhaps for the holidays, instead of buying useless trinkets and worrying over what gifts you'll receive, propose something else to your family members: donate to a local non-profit rescue in your name. For what gift could be better than that of knowing you helped save a life? I myself will be donating what little I have to purchasing a slaughter horse and funding its recovery through a wonderful friend of mine who also spends her hard earned money saving lives year round, and in lieu of gifts will be sending $500 to our local horse rescue, Days End, a well known and quite beloved facility. I encourage everyone who can to do the same for their local nonprofit rescues (avoid government funded/pro-kill shelters such as most ASPCA/Humane Society programs if you can) - every penny counts after all!

The Sveldala Walkers Event Story:
"Several months ago, a handful of SWE workers weaseled their way into a very secretive livestock auction on the eastern shore of the US. They had heard horrifying tales from other rescue workers of reported neglect and abuse at the auction, but what peaked their interest more than anything was that somehow these sellers had acquired a large herd of Sveldala Walkers. Determined to ensure our faithful companions were not in such horrible fates, the workers snuck into the doors of the auction house in the early morning hours right before the bidding started. To their horror, the rumors had been proven to be true - a sickly and terrified lot of SWEs were packed into the back corner of the holding stalls. Immediately the workers contacted the main adoption center and a full fledged rescue operation went into place. Hundreds of loyal adopters and animal lovers alike flocked to our aid to raise the necessary funds to buy our beloved SWEs out of auction, and in turn ensuring they would not end up in the hands of kill buyers that were eagerly lined up to purchase the rare and exotic meat the animals had to offer. Sadly not all of them made it to us, as many were already too far gone upon arrival at the auction, but for the ones we did manage to save the race was on to help find them the proper homes. Now with hundreds of Sveldala Walkers limping through our doors in need of loving homes, we turn to our adopters once more to open their homes to one of these poor souls. They will need help in finding trust in humans again, proper vet care and medical aid, and of course general rehabilitation. So the question stands - are you willing to help save a life?"

The Rules:
1. You may only apply for one free SWE. Do not post more than one form for any reason.
2. After you finish your tasks for the first, you may purchase a second for C$5 by privately messaging me (ShadyBro). All tasks on the first must be complete before doing so, and you will still be required to complete the tasks for the second as well.
3. When your SWE is created please post on its page with the name/halter color and then strike out your post on this thread.
4. Do not use images or long descriptions when choosing coat color/pattern ideas. Ensure whatever you pick is a real color/pattern. If your ideas are not valid you will get a randomized design.
5. If you do not wish to keep your rescued SWE after its created you're welcome to surrender it for readoption. Please note you will not be allowed another one nor will you be able to purchase an additional one.
6. All tasks must be complete by February 15th, 2017, 12 noon EST. Any SWEs whose tasks are incomplete by that time, even purchased ones, will be collected for readoption by raffle. It is recommended to surrender your SWE for readoption before that date if you know you don't want it.
7. Extensions for completing the tasks will be granted on a case by case basis. At least one task must already be complete to receive an extension.
8. There is no end date for getting your forms in, rather there is a limited number of allowed forms. Therefore the cutoff for new forms will come at a random time, though I will be posted a warning a few days ahead!
9. If you did not get your form in on time, you are still welcome to buy a rescue SWE (see rule #2) up until February 1st, 2017, 12 noon EST.
10. These rescue SWEs do NOT count toward your ownership or custom limit!

The Tasks:
Once all tasks are complete you may choose a halter color/pattern for your SWE. Once the halter is added the SWE is officially yours and may be used as you please. Before that, it is not considered owned, and cannot be used as such.
Each of these tasks must be completed before the SWE can be officially claimed as your own. If these tasks are not complete by the end of the event then the equine will be rehomed. Extensions will be granted if needed.
Task One: Finding Trust
Your new SWE is still horrified by the neglect and abuse they suffered in the auction house. They are unwilling to trust humans so easily after the maltreatment they endured. How will you get your equine to come around? (Minimum 250 word written story or simple art piece.)
Task Two: Medical Care
Your SWE is obviously in bad shape after everything they've endured. They may have outstanding wounds and disabilities that need to be addressed by a vet. What does their first checkup entail, and what long term treatment will they need? (Minimum 150 word written story or simple art piece with short explanation.)
Task Three: General Rehabilitation
Your SWE still has a long way to go until they are completely sound. What trials and tribulations might they face? How will you work with them to create a loving companion? (Free space - minimum 200 words on any subject you choose or detailed colored art piece of them in any theme/style you wish.)

CLOSED - DO NOT USE
The Form:
Understand that not all of your desired attributes may be attended to if you select overly difficult or unrealistic designs. The eye color you select will absolutely be used (feel free to suggest exact hex codes if you wish). The checking section will help determine the SWE's background/history and possible special rehabilitation needs.
Code: Select all
 [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Coat Color Ideas (Optional):[/b]
[b]Pattern Ideas (Optional):[/b]
[b]Preferred Eye Color:[/b]

[b]Check all that apply. What sort of equine are you hoping to help?:[/b]
    Stallion [ ] Mare [ ] Gelding [ ]
    Physically Challenged [ ] Behaviorally Challenged [ ]
    Positive Personality [ ] Neutral Personality [ ] Negative Personality [ ]
    Nonworking/Nonshowing [ ] Nonbreeding [ ]

Last edited by ShadyBro on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sveldala Walking Equines - Slaughterhouse Rescue Event!

Postby monta, » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Mark!
╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

x

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
x
x

infp-a ⤬ chaotic good ⤬ aro-ace
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
hey there, i'm monta, feel
free to call me mon. i'm n
ot very active here anymo
re but i still check in ever
y now and then!

ImageImageImage
monta,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MelMellyMel » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Mark!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏl ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi, I'm just your average obsessed teenaged fan.
My interests include, but aren't limited to, Game
of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Pokémon, Harry Potter,
Overwatch, bands, and youtubers! Pm me if you
want to discuss any of those things. I don't care what
pronouns you use for me, I'm also asexual and
panromantic if you were wondering. Well, that's all I can think
to say for now, hope you're having a great day/night!
*insert DC eggs here*
Maybe click these guys if you have time?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ lᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ l▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Farasis My Kalons link credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x
MelMellyMel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Mark
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amymay99 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:19 am

mark

It doesn't matter how negative something is.
Just add "LOL" and it'll automatically become positive! ❤︎

Female | RWBY Fan | Anime Addict | Danganronpa Obsessed

Hiya, my name is Amymay99 but feel free to call me Amy or May. I enjoy volley ball and ride horses whenever I can. I am an animal management student and love reptiles and own many of my own.
I love cartoons, anime, manga, films, TV and games, i am obsessed with Danganronpa!

Little Lizard Stables | Norrsken Horses | Kuma-Ferrets
Amymay99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jared. » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:31 am

Mark!
╔═════════════════════════╗
∅ Jared. ∅
Life, Irish traditions & you

Hello old friend, how is life?
╚═════════════════════════╝
Jared.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery