The Volk Species

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

The Volk Species

Postby aequilibrium » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:21 am

┌───────┐

Main Thread
x Roleplay Thread x
Archive

History
Morphology
Ecology
Behavior
Abilities
Home Planet

└───────┘

x

Last edited by aequilibrium on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
aequilibrium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

History

Postby aequilibrium » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Humans have been thoroughly researching space and everyday there are new findings. Not long ago, a planet with various life forms that humans have never seen was found. This new planet and its life forms caught the humans' eye and, with much interest and curiosity, they began exploring that planet. One of the most fascinating species they found resembled the wolf and so they were named the Volks. Ever since then, humans have studied them and even tamed a few.

aequilibrium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Morphology

Postby aequilibrium » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:53 pm

Volks have many features that resemble the Earthian wolf: their body size is close to a wolf's and their anatomy is also similar. Yet, there are a few traits that are very different.

ImagexxxxxImage

Ears ➝ their ears are very long and usually have very long fur, with loose fur at the tips.
    Tail ➝ the tail is also long with longer fur at the end; short tails are extremely rare.
    Limbs ➝ their limbs are quite similar to a canine's: equal anatomy, strength and length; however, the Volks' body is slightly slimmer.
    Muzzle ➝ their tongue is long, thin and pointy; their sharp teeth are similar to a wolf's; their snout is usually long and thin
    Eyes ➝ the pupil in a Volk's eye is always the exact same color as the iris, making it look like they have no pupil at all; heterochromia is fairly common.
    Paws ➝ their paws are close to a wolf's; they have the same amount of digits, long and sharp claws, but their paws are longer than a wolf's.
    Fur ➝ their fur is, in most cases, medium to long and includes cheek and elbow tufts.
    Feathers ➝ Volks usually have four feathers: two are attached to their cheek fur and the other two are held by a rope or some other object in their tail; Volks sometimes have more than four feathers but never less than that.
    Markings ➝ once a Volk is tamed by a human, both the Volk and the human receive the same marking on the same body part, representing their bond; some markings are simple and some markings are complex - the complexity of the marking matches the effort of the taming process.
    Bioluminescence ➝ Volks, like many other creatures in their home planet, use bioluminescence: their feathers, nose, claws, ear fur and tongue glow in the dark.
    Sexual dimorphism ➝ There is no sexual dimorphism among Volks and it is extremely difficult to distinguish genders at first sight.

Last edited by aequilibrium on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
aequilibrium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ecology

Postby aequilibrium » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:54 pm

Habitat ➝ Volks have very adaptable and tolerant organs which makes them apt for life in pretty much any kind of environment; the choice of their habitat is often related to the abundance of food and Volks live most of the time in the open air of their home planet, having their dens in wide caves, avoiding areas within other packs sight; however, this doesn't mean they cannot live under water or in places with a rather dense or toxic atmosphere - if it's required Volks can live under water for several days, yet, this isn't as comfortable as the open air they usually live in; the same applies for when a Volk is brought to Earth - the different chemical composition of the atmosphere and other aspects does not interfere in their lifestyle or body functions.

Diet ➝ as said before, Volks' organs are extremely adaptable and tolerant organs and their digestive system organs are no exception; they can digest pretty much anything, however, Volks have a preference for fruits and small preys; there is one exception though: the Volk's organism is highly intolerable to a particular substance - yadovityy - an extremely rare substance from their home planet which no one knows much about it, including where to find it.

aequilibrium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Behavior

Postby aequilibrium » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Volks are smart creatures, extremely friendly and curious. As social creatures, Volks live in packs with around 15 members and each pack has a leader and a hierarchy that defines the role and contribution of each member. There are two known packs - Ogon Zemlya and Veter Voda - and each pack has distinct ranks:
    Alpha pair ➝ usually the members with the most experience in several important activities; respected and followed by other pack members, the alpha wolves are usually the ones to make decisions for the pack.
    Beta pair ➝ the second in command who enforce the law when the current alphas are not present; if both of the alpha die, the beta(s) take the alpha position and lead the pack, unless the alpha has said otherwise. This position cannot be challenged without the alpha approval.
    Warriors ➝ the guardians and protectors of the pack; they are the ones that roam the pack lands ensuring its safety and that keep watch at night; they must be quick to think and remain calm in any given situation.
    Hunters ➝ every member of the pack hunts, but these are the ones who have exceptionally good tracking and hunting skills.
    Scouts ➝ the ones who seek out danger and report back; they are known by neighboring packs and stay in touch and keep friendly relations with them.
    Subordinates ➝ the non-ranked members of the pack who also participate in fighting and hunting.

aequilibrium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Abilities

Postby aequilibrium » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:56 pm

Volks have several abilities that can be sorted in two groups: the inherited abilities and the genetic abilities. The inherited abilities are the ones they have learned within their pack. On the other hand, the genetic abilities are particular traits that are enforced and they are defined by their genes.

A member of the pack will inherit a certain ability. Outcasts will have an inherited ability if they once belonged to a pack but will have none if they never belonged to a pack. The first might even be able to learn a second ability with the fellow outcasts, yet, they will never be able to fully master it and may even lose part of their first ability since both elements cannot coexist.
    Control of fire and earth ➝ this is the inherited ability of the pack Ogon Zemlya
    Control of water and wind ➝ this is the inherited ability of the pack Veter Voda

Each Volk has two genetic abilities and these are a major factor in the choice of their rank within the pack. In order to be accepted in one rank, a Volk must have at least one of the required abilities but Volks with two of the required abilities will be more apt for the rank than those with only one.
    Hearing ➝ scouts
    Sight ➝ scouts, hunters
    Smell ➝ scouts, hunters
    Strength ➝ warriors, hunters (mandatory for alpha and beta)
    Speed ➝ warriors, hunters
    Agility ➝ warriors, hunters
    Wisdom ➝ scouts, warriors (mandatory for alpha and beta)

aequilibrium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Home Planet

Postby aequilibrium » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:01 am

Volks' home planet is called Zvezdy. This planet is also called 'Inhabited Star' and 'Glowing Land'. This is due to the fact that most of the life forms that inhabit this planet use bioluminescence which, at night, makes it look like the planet produces its own light as if it were a star. The general appearence of Zvezdy is similar to Earth in most aspects but its chemical composition is very different: a lot of new unknown elements were found there.

Zvezdy has four moons and each one of them is named after a worshiped God.
    Voyna ➝ war
    Mir ➝ peace
    Zhizn ➝ life
    Smert ➝ death
aequilibrium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me