Khimaira Friesians - Fanclub

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

What type of Fantasy adopts to you want to see?

Domestic Animals (cats, dogs, bunnies, farm animals)
13%
Wild Animals (wolves, cougars, polar bear, lion)
18%
Ocean Animals (seal, whale, fish, shrimp)
7%
Scary Themed (demons, monsters, ghosts, haunted forest)
14%
Flowers (roses, sunflowers, pedals, lilies)
10%
Galaxy (stars, sun, planets, milky-way)
22%
Landscapes (desert, forest, ocean, mountains)
8%
Decades (40's, 50's, 60's, 70's)
6%
Surprise / I don't care / I don't know
2%
Other (pm L.V.L/post on fanclub)
0%

Total votes : 378

Re: Khimaira Friesians - Fanclub

Postby Zombiehund » Sun May 27, 2018 5:49 am

Hm, I think there are quite a few Players willing to offer slots to newcommers even with the slot limit (including me :P)
And I also think it would get kinda unorganized

Anyway, I cant wait to see the first new adopts and maybe try out for the artist comp ^^
I realy love khims and this comunity, they were the first adopt I saw and got into a bit and I'm so happy to see them reopen :D

╔═════ ═════╗

Hello ^^
Just your friendly
neighborhood un-
dead canine, may
be a little shy with
new people

╚═════ ═════╝

Artwork by HannahBug
Zombiehund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marsh » Sun May 27, 2018 5:53 am

I think I agree with Hooves on both points, things are fine the way they are. Maybe the increase is something we could consider introducing later on down the line? I think it's best to keep the rare traits rare, especially since if a person requests that gene then it can be rolled for twice and potentially four times if both parents have it - that increases the chances enough anyway c:

As for the limits, I think it could send everything a little bit crazy. There would be so much demand for the artists if every khim had unlimited slots, and that isn't to say that with more artists the demand would be reduced in any way. So I would be on the team for everything staying pretty much the same.
x
art by lavender towns

thxxxxcoding shopxxxxda

nice people alert
senti nilla snow teri lethal

kalsxxmarsh#7080xxkhims

hey everyone! i'm slowly attempting to
come back after a long hiatus !! i love talking to
people so always feel free to chat - i'm quite forgetful
so if i've forgotten something please let me know!
as always I'm fastest to reach on discord

Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Sun May 27, 2018 5:54 am

I think the percentages staying the same or the second options are preferred for the first question for me. People shouldn’t fight over the markings and people getting lucky. Lots of people have given away free rare slots here and there in raffles and there are generally lots of opportunities. All about keep trying.

I think slot limits should stay. Slot trading becomes useless, the worth of slots goes WAY down to the point where there is no reason to even try and sell (seeing as this is a main source of Khimaira currency and items for many these kinds of exchanges would probably be killed off), and overbreeding starts happens once you remove limits. I saw something similar in a huge ARPG species where the males didn’t have limits and popular males were bred sometimes over a hundred times. I say keep the limits, maybe raise the mare limit to match the stallions, but I disagree with completely removing it.
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laika. » Sun May 27, 2018 5:56 am

Maybe instead of having no monthly limits, we have four monthly limits where we get the foal? Those slots would not include times we've given away a slot, or put the foal for adoption. An artist always has the option to decline a breeding, as well!
laika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Sun May 27, 2018 6:03 am

Well, we had a monthly limit before and without someone strictly checking all the time for people going over their limit and keeping track of everyone’s breedings I see a USER monthly limit being troublesome, and a Khimaira monthly limit (only so many slots per Khimaira allowed to be used in a month) is even worse and hard to keep track of.

I wouldn’t say take the option completely off the table, but I am not saying that should be our first option. I still vote for Khimaira slot limits as it is easier to manage without a crazy influx of breedings or overbreeding of rarer khims.
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marsh » Sun May 27, 2018 6:06 am

I'd just like to point out that with events, there is also the option to win or buy extra breeding slots with points for your khims so if for some the issue is that they would like to breed their favourite horses more then it isn't much of a problem c:
Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Sun May 27, 2018 6:07 am

there are some arguments against the changes, but some would be alright with it
i think i will go with the second way of the first question, because it would just raise the chances a little, but not too much
for people confusing the % chances i will write them in the custom/color chart ^^

with the other i think i will not make it unlimited, but i will raise the slot limit to 10 on mares :3
the argument that there will be more rare or very rare markings is already somewhat invalid because artists can freely do rare and very rare adopts now, but the thing with the slot trading really is a very important aspect i shouldn't kill off
i still believe that there will be normal adopts too with normal markings and easy khim markings, because no artists has the time/motivation to do very hard designs over and over again
so for people that like normal horses they can tend to stay with the normal adopts/breedings and people that like the fantasy aspect in khims can enjoy the fantasy ones ^^ no one is forced to adopt a horse or breed horses they don't like :3
i hope this is alright for you ^^

and with the monthly limit, i hadn't even the time to keep track in the past, when the limit was on a person. setting a limit on a khim is absolutly impossible for me
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zombiehund » Sun May 27, 2018 6:18 am

That sounds great ^^

╔═════ ═════╗

Hello ^^
Just your friendly
neighborhood un-
dead canine, may
be a little shy with
new people

╚═════ ═════╝

Artwork by HannahBug
Zombiehund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun May 27, 2018 6:22 am

Ok so I still love option two (removing the limit on breeding slots) but I'd like to mix it with option 1 after reading some of the other replies.
"1. Raise/lower all % chances to 30%, no matter what rarity they have, with that there is still a way to prevent a super gen bomb from happening but rarity issues are gone and people will not be confused with % chances anymore"
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Sun May 27, 2018 6:23 am

Oh, no, my argument wasn’t about the loss of rarity, but the fact that a few select favorites (normally with complicated markings) in the community could end up being bred to the point where every Khimaira is somehow related and can’t be bred together. We call them lineage killers in Tokotas and it can really cause a lot of problems with breeding and inbreeding. So not a rarity problem, but more of a lineage problem.

Edit* I agree with those changes Neri, they sound good. Glad the mare limit change seemed like a good idea! ^_^
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me