Longneck Fanclub!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Platypus for #600?

Yay!
62%
or
29%
Nay!
10%

Total votes : 21

Re: Longneck Fanclub!

Postby Aphotic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 am

The Blobfish. A really cute fish with an unfortunate title of being the "World's Ugliest Animal."

The vaquita porpoise. I know it's not a fish, but it's a sweet little mammal that is so near extinction, it's believed there are only 12 left in the entire world. The also do not survive in captivity, so the only chance of survival is to protect the few remaining in the wild from illegal fishing methods.

The mola mola, or ocean sunfish. They have the bad reputation of being incredibly useless when that is quite the contrary. There's a really cool article titled, "In Defense of the Most Worthless, Helpless Creature on the Planet" that explains how incredible the mola mola is.

Another one that isn't a fish. The flapjack octopus is too cute though. Or any octopus, really. I feel the back spines of a longneck could be made into some really cool tentacles?

The pygmy seahorse. These little guys are crazy good at blending into coral.

The bigeye thresher shark! These guys are really, really cute. I think maybe my favorite shark species.

Spotfin Porcupinefish. Also known as a species of puffer fish. c:

Another not fish, but the Mantis Shrimp is a really cool little dude with beautiful colors.

Those are some of my favorite sea creatures! I'm sorry they're not all fish, but they do all live in ocean waters! c:
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Goal Progress
Eat Me Dog Raffle!
My Longnecks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x
x

──────▄▀▄─────▄▀▄xxxxxxx
─────▄█░░▀▀▀▀▀░░█▄xxxxxx
─▄▄──█░░░░░░░░░░░█──▄▄x
█▄▄█─█░░▀░░┬░░▀░░█─█▄▄█
boo
i'm
a
ghost
x
x
x
x
x

x
{ Delora }
Imagexxxxxxxxxxx★Pixel Credit★
Aphotic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyuu. » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:31 am

I would love to see this pretty little darling, aka the Ratfish, it's a chimera!:

Or perhaps a Weedy
or Leafy
Seadragon? They're both rather beautiful.

Or maybe a Man O' War? This one is the Portuguese Man O' War I think. It's thought to be a jellyfish but is actually a hivemind of many little... pieces, working as one being!

X

X
X
x
Dragons
Trades
Longnecks
Previously Kyuubigaki
Kyuu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Alrighty! Thank you all! I’ll be working on that rarity system tonight to make sure it’s not too different from the regular one, but also doesn’t result in ever single longneck being Extremely Rare.

@Aphotic, it’s okay if they aren’t fish! I suppose I should have mentioned that it can be any see creature.. oh well. You also made me feel quite sad for the little sunfish :c Poor baby... I don’t think he’s worthless

@Kyuubigaki, ah! Man O’ Wars! Aren’t they amazing? I had never heard of them until I watched Blue Planet Two (if you haven’t, I highly recommend it for all of you ocean lovers).

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aphotic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:26 pm

ThePaintedPitBull wrote:Alrighty! Thank you all! I’ll be working on that rarity system tonight to make sure it’s not too different from the regular one, but also doesn’t result in ever single longneck being Extremely Rare.

@Aphotic, it’s okay if they aren’t fish! I suppose I should have mentioned that it can be any see creature.. oh well. You also made me feel quite sad for the little sunfish :c Poor baby... I don’t think he’s worthless

@Kyuubigaki, ah! Man O’ Wars! Aren’t they amazing? I had never heard of them until I watched Blue Planet Two (if you haven’t, I highly recommend it for all of you ocean lovers).

Ooh, I'll check out Blue Planet Two sometime. I used to want to be a marine biologist, and while that's no longer quite in my life plan I still love learning and seeing the ocean critters out there.

Also, yeah. The ocean sunfish got a terrible name from this post that floated around awhile. The guy didn't really know what he was talking about and made them seem absolutely worthless. They're really cool, friendly fish though. I seriously recommend that article if you ever have the time to read it!

Anyway, back to longnecks though, I'm excited to see all of these ocean themed longnecks! I'm glad the rarities will be adjusted for them though because all of these colors and patterns seem like it'd cause a heavy, heavy imbalance towards Extremely Rares again.
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Goal Progress
Eat Me Dog Raffle!
My Longnecks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x
x

──────▄▀▄─────▄▀▄xxxxxxx
─────▄█░░▀▀▀▀▀░░█▄xxxxxx
─▄▄──█░░░░░░░░░░░█──▄▄x
█▄▄█─█░░▀░░┬░░▀░░█─█▄▄█
boo
i'm
a
ghost
x
x
x
x
x

x
{ Delora }
Aphotic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyuu. » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:34 pm

ThePaintedPitBull wrote:Alrighty! Thank you all! I’ll be working on that rarity system tonight to make sure it’s not too different from the regular one, but also doesn’t result in ever single longneck being Extremely Rare.

The rarity system thing is a great idea, life you said, we definitely don't need that rush of Extremely Rares. But I'd love to perhaps see some of these designs worked into Longnecks!
(A long thin tail for the ratfish, or that trail of weird slooshy stuff from the bottom of the man o' war as the tail, wouldn't that be neat?! Feathery "leafy" adjustments for the seadragons. Oh my it'd be wonderful.)
I've heard about Blue Planet Two in passing, maybe it's something to check out?

X

X
X
x
Dragons
Trades
Longnecks
Previously Kyuubigaki
Kyuu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Aphotic wrote:Ooh, I'll check out Blue Planet Two sometime. I used to want to be a marine biologist, and while that's no longer quite in my life plan I still love learning and seeing the ocean critters out there.

Also, yeah. The ocean sunfish got a terrible name from this post that floated around awhile. The guy didn't really know what he was talking about and made them seem absolutely worthless. They're really cool, friendly fish though. I seriously recommend that article if you ever have the time to read it!

Anyway, back to longnecks though, I'm excited to see all of these ocean themed longnecks! I'm glad the rarities will be adjusted for them though because all of these colors and patterns seem like it'd cause a heavy, heavy imbalance towards Extremely Rares again.

Yeah, I’ll definitely check that out! I finished up a good few of my owed Nursery batches so I should have some time later to read through it ^^

I’m very excited for them aswell! To be fair, we already have another imbalance of Extremely Rares again, but at least this will help from making them extremely common

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aphotic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:18 pm

ThePaintedPitBull wrote:
Yeah, I’ll definitely check that out! I finished up a good few of my owed Nursery batches so I should have some time later to read through it ^^

I’m very excited for them aswell! To be fair, we already have another imbalance of Extremely Rares again, but at least this will help from making them extremely common

I decided to try and see what the rarity percentages are at now. These may not be 100% accurate but should be fairly close. I rounded the percentages, but Extremely Rare was actually .2% larger than Uncommon, so there is likely one more Extremely Rare longneck than there is Uncommon. But it's not as badly skewed as I thought it might be! So that's good!

34% Common
21% Uncommon
23% Rare
21% Extremely Rare
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Goal Progress
Eat Me Dog Raffle!
My Longnecks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x
x

──────▄▀▄─────▄▀▄xxxxxxx
─────▄█░░▀▀▀▀▀░░█▄xxxxxx
─▄▄──█░░░░░░░░░░░█──▄▄x
█▄▄█─█░░▀░░┬░░▀░░█─█▄▄█
boo
i'm
a
ghost
x
x
x
x
x

x
{ Delora }
Aphotic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyuu. » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Aphotic wrote:
ThePaintedPitBull wrote:

I decided to try and see what the rarity percentages are at now. These may not be 100% accurate but should be fairly close. I rounded the percentages, but Extremely Rare was actually .2% larger than Uncommon, so there is likely one more Extremely Rare longneck than there is Uncommon. But it's not as badly skewed as I thought it might be! So that's good!

34% Common
21% Uncommon
23% Rare
21% Extremely Rare

It's not great, but it's reassuring to see Common have the majority.

X

X
X
x
Dragons
Trades
Longnecks
Previously Kyuubigaki
Kyuu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Kyuubigaki wrote:
Aphotic wrote:
ThePaintedPitBull wrote:

34% Common
21% Uncommon
23% Rare
21% Extremely Rare

It's not great, but it's reassuring to see Common have the majority.

It’s better than we were at the beginning though, so that’s nice! If before the event we build up lots of Commons and Uncommons that should help.

Speaking of which, tonight I will be setting up our Guest Artist competition! We’ve been short on artists lately, and I would like to give other members of the community a chance to participate as an artist for a month! So look out for that ^^

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me