Khimaira Friesians - Fanclub

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

What type of Fantasy adopts to you want to see?

Domestic Animals (cats, dogs, bunnies, farm animals)
13%
Wild Animals (wolves, cougars, polar bear, lion)
18%
Ocean Animals (seal, whale, fish, shrimp)
7%
Scary Themed (demons, monsters, ghosts, haunted forest)
14%
Flowers (roses, sunflowers, pedals, lilies)
10%
Galaxy (stars, sun, planets, milky-way)
22%
Landscapes (desert, forest, ocean, mountains)
8%
Decades (40's, 50's, 60's, 70's)
6%
Surprise / I don't care / I don't know
2%
Other (pm L.V.L/post on fanclub)
0%

Total votes : 378

Postby ABeardedDragon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:07 pm

I wanted to post to introduce my new khims!
There's Miriam who was an unexpected gift from muffy and she has shadow markings. Then my two shark boys, Requin and Limoi. Requin was a custom gift from Crazycookiemonster and Limoi was a breeding from two of muffy's sharks as a gift! <3
The shark army is growing.
ImageImageImage
I'm also super excited for the new event that's coming. c;
And hopefully I'll have my breedings done this weekend! I've been a little busy and tired. I might close them next Thursday-Monday or only take one or two breedings at a time since I'll be extra busy then.

Since I don't think I should ignore Keen's question while posting right underneath, I'll give my opinion?
Honestly, there's nothing wrong with your designs and I can see a lot of improvement since you started making khims!
You keep doing you. <3

So, I'd like to think it's the type of comps. I remember you had an art one where you couldn't use recolours; horses are harder to draw than most species and a lot of people 'rely' on editables and line-arts. I haven't drawn a horse in forever and I'd be pretty embarrassed to enter a comp with that art. I don't even check comps anymore so I don't know if there's a lot of art or super long story comps anymore? There's also fifty one khims up for adoption right now, Neri hasn't even added the new ones yet either. If all the rare ones had harder comps, I'd never have time to enter for them. I usually stick with the first one I entered for if another hard comp is posted after I've already entered one. I feel like most of the art comp deadlines, not just yours, are short; it takes hours to work on a full piece. Plus a lot of the rarer designs are harder to replicate. I don't have the motivation to enter for any at all really. You could always make a slightly more demanding comp, but still easy, and allow people to add extras if they want instead of making them do it, if you get what I mean? That also allows you to see who wants them most, who puts the most time into their forms instead of who can do the best at one thing. I do believe it's also some sort of exam time for most people too?
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Khimaira Friesians - Fanclub

Postby iStarz & Everly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Id have to agree with bearded on this, Keen, lots of adopts and the event going on right now, plus people have lives and things happen. No one wants to spent a ton of time on an adopt unless they are attached to it. Dont feel doscouraged. Your adopts look great!
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby |Angel| » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Agree with most of what is said above. I love everyone's adopts, to be honest, but I personally don't try for every adopt that comes across either. I usually go for ones that I'm really drawn to or connect with the second I see them. It's easier to find a name and really know I will appreciate them if I click. I know there are probably other people in the community that do this too.

Sadly like it is said above, a lot of Drawing/writing/impress comps happen, which is to be expected for rarer adopts, but I'm not the best writer and always lose writing comps. Drawing I can do to an extent but not very well if I'm not in the mood for it. I kind of give up on those sort of adopts, even with drawing most of the time I can't compete with the better skills some other people have and the better skills win. If I try for those sort of Comps, it is usually because I reallllyyyy want the Khim. XD

Also, this is off topic but Her Image is broken?

╔══════════════════════════════╗
DeviantArt|Toyhou.se|CS Species|
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
fly, fly away. like a bird in the sky

see the world on my behalf
to the heavens my you fly.

╚═════════════════════════╝

|Angel|

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:08 pm

|Angel| wrote:
Agree with most of what is said above. I love everyone's adopts, to be honest, but I personally don't try for every adopt that comes across either. I usually go for ones that I'm really drawn to or connect with the second I see them. It's easier to find a name and really know I will appreciate them if I click. I know there are probably other people in the community that do this too.

Sadly like it is said above, a lot of Drawing/writing/impress comps happen, which is to be expected for rarer adopts, but I'm not the best writer and always lose writing comps. Drawing I can do to an extent but not very well if I'm not in the mood for it. I kind of give up on those sort of adopts, even with drawing most of the time I can't compete with the better skills some other people have and the better skills win. If I try for those sort of Comps, it is usually because I reallllyyyy want the Khim. XD

I have her right here. Don't fret.

╔═══════════════════════════════╗

I used to be DauntlessDivergentC! Please do not steal!
You may still refer to me as Daunt or Dauntless! I am
still working on fixing my signature! SNM is still alive
and active! It was moved to Deviantart! Please do not
ask to buy my breed! Akhal-Turk is a new horse breed!
Feel free to check out the metallic horses!

DeviantArt | SNM | Fergons | Mao Aku | Akhal-Turk

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby |Angel| » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

DauntlessDivergentC wrote:
|Angel| wrote:

But That Image is broken too. XD A mod might be able to fix it.

|Angel|

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:45 pm

|Angel| wrote:
DauntlessDivergentC wrote:Image

But That Image is broken too. XD A mod might be able to fix it.

Her image shows up for me on here..not her adopt page. That is odd...maybe try clearing cache and cookies?

╔═══════════════════════════════╗

I used to be DauntlessDivergentC! Please do not steal!
You may still refer to me as Daunt or Dauntless! I am
still working on fixing my signature! SNM is still alive
and active! It was moved to Deviantart! Please do not
ask to buy my breed! Akhal-Turk is a new horse breed!
Feel free to check out the metallic horses!

DeviantArt | SNM | Fergons | Mao Aku | Akhal-Turk

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɩɴɗσℜαρτσʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Her image doesn't show up for me on either Daunts post or her forum. ^^^
You might just have to send in a help ticket so a mod can take care of it, that's happened before.
female | pansexual | she/her | employed
black&white traditional artist | cat + dog mom | PST Zone

I play these other games - add me!
Ovipets | Flight Rising | Lioden

Feel like supporting my hoards - send me a trade!
❄️ W: Wishlist | H: Pets, Items, C$ ❄️
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby |Angel| » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:00 pm

There we go, now she shows up. Yayy

|Angel|

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 am

yes she shows up again ^^

and i think the same like the others keen =) your art is great and really adorable, i love most of your horses x3
i really raaaaarely enter for horses and when it's really only because i get attached to them the moment i see them, but that happens very rare xD
i think the comps are to hard, like on your valentine adopt ^^ i even made a post there were i say that the comps seems to be to hard =) if less people enter and lesser finish their forms then you can be very sure it's because of the comp not because of the art. if you see that so less people enter try to make the comp one step easyer and announce it in the fanclub ^^ then you see if more people will come, if there are still less people then it can be that the comp is still to hard
impress me, writing and especially art comps are always comps that don't draw in most people unless they are sooooo incredible special that people must have them and because of the whole lot of adopt this happens rarely. even if the valentine adopt is special we had so many of them that it wasn't special enough in the eyes of the people =O
in the future i think i will only allow one event adopt per person ^^ so that these will be as special as they should be =) but still it's best when you reflect on the design of your comp when something isn't right =) don't get down because you think your art isn't good enough because it definitly is incredible =)
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:46 am

thanks guys <3 i always figured horses like the 1000th khim should have harder comps, but only two people entered for him. i thought he would be special enough to draw some interest at least :P
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me