Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre || Discussion

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Are you planning on entering the Mustang Million?

Yes, with one character/one horse.
10%
Yes, with two characters/two horses.
20%
Yes, with three characters/three horses.
15%
Yes, with four or more characters/horses.
5%
No, I do not plan on entering the Mustang Million.
5%
Maybe, but I can't guarantee having enough time/motivation to say for sure right now.
45%

Total votes : 20

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre || Discussion

Postby SydneyandStorm » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am

Hi all,

Going through the shows and preparing to judge, I realized that events are a bit uneven in terms of what's available for western, English, and driving disciplines. I'm proposing the addition of the following events to help even things out a bit:
Cutting -- Head, shoulders, hind legs
Working Cow Horse -- Reining and cutting, much like the western equivalent of 3DE
Carriage driving -- Chest, action, coat, the traditional driving discipline
Combined driving -- Three different driving phases, much like driving 3DE

What do you guys think? Are these disciplines worth adding or should we keep it as is currently? Are there any other that should be added?
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:15 am

i'd say add them! disciplines can always be removed and those might give a boost to the versatility of horses in the sim, as well as maybe helping out horses that previously haven't been terribly useful. besides, perhaps combined driving could finally put the barrel stat to use.
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 pm

I initially changed my whole barn from a cutting barn when it was removed before. And it wasn't easy! I wouldn't mind seeing new disciplines now there's more activity going on, but it can end up being a waste of horses which train in them if the discipline isn't filled up in showing, or if it is removed again. If that's taken into consideration (you did very kindly swap one of my horses cutting stats to those more suited to my current XC at the whole swap over though and I appreciate there are ways around that problem!)
▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
Sandy
◈ Vet Student ◈ Irish ◈ Image
◈ ♀ Rugby Player ◈ ISFJ/ISTJ ◈

toltsfwphocother
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Sandy Hoofprints wrote:I initially changed my whole barn from a cutting barn when it was removed before. And it wasn't easy! I wouldn't mind seeing new disciplines now there's more activity going on, but it can end up being a waste of horses which train in them if the discipline isn't filled up in showing, or if it is removed again. If that's taken into consideration (you did very kindly swap one of my horses cutting stats to those more suited to my current XC at the whole swap over though and I appreciate there are ways around that problem!)

Hm, you make good points, and I'm so very sorry that happened! Unfortunately the problem with cutting was that it was run differently and used cattle from a "side sim" I couldn't keep up with, so with these new disciplines I will make sure to keep them in accordance with regular disciplines and will certainly not remove any of them ^^ I can't guarantee that there will be a lot of interest in the disciplines, much as I wish I could, but I would be happy to host a week-long event for each new discipline to help get everything stocked with horses able to put up a fight in the disciplines c:
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:27 am

Hello,

I was halfway wondering how you were going to have the next portions of the MM run/going to offer a suggestion.

As I was only able to catch portions of the previous MM (so excited to actually be able to participate!) I don't recall how you had run the training/gentling interface - different thread set up/same adoption page/individual stable training pages/rp style.

Well I had a thought - if you made a Rope Halter type accessory - and the the training was all done on that page for the individuals. That way no one is constantly having it pop up on their threads, and everyone can see the horse's history if it participated in MM.

Total random thought suggestion. If it doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll work on clarifying.

Thanks.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:41 am

Well, at the very least, no worries about having it continually popping up in your recent posts list; I fully intend to encourage all users to make some other thread or post containing the totality of their Mustang gentling and so on ^^ I don't know that I've got the skills to make a good rope halter or anything like that, but I'd be happy to make a coloring in of the drawing to allow people to do the gentling instantly linked to the horse's page! That's a really good idea, I like that c: Essentially, I was intending to have it set up so that the user can train the Mustang on whichever thread they want, so long as it isn't more than just editing a single post multiple times on the horse's main thread, if that makes sense, so anyone who wants to gentle their Mustangs that way is more than welcome to let me know so I can make that for them! cx

So glad to have you for this Mustang Million! I think it's shaping up to be a lot of fun! <3
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Hey,
If anyone has a moment, Could you critique what I have so far for the Hunter Jumper Association?
If you have any gift with Coding/Adding embellishments/Finding pictures/clips - I'd love to use your talents.

Please message me, and I'll send you what I have.

Thank you in advance.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me