The riddle maker's stand - CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

The riddle maker's stand - CLOSED

Postby Glispa » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:01 am

I am hidden
|| Main Event Thread || Pria's Stall || Nekros' Shrine ||

--------------☉----☉--☉- Quid fuit olim - Iterum erit -☉--☉----☉--------------
You find eyes catching on a somewhat familiar yet seemingly abandoned stand, only barely lit up
by what at closer glance seems to be an assortment of fluorescent items. In the middle of the table
there's a liquid filled jar that has a label with the prompt "shake" on it. Upon doing just so the jar suddenly
emits a strong bluish light, allowing you to more clearly make out the assortment of seemingly random
knickknacks scattered across table amongst the collection of pens and paints from the simple coloured
pencil, pens and crayons to the more elaborate jars of finger-paint that has clearly already seen some use.

Seemingly glued to the table you find a simple note welcoming you to the "Riddle maker's stand" that tells
you to simply take a riddle from the pile to your right and fill it out to the best of your abilities and then
leave it "somewhere". Despite the lack of anyone around to actually keep the stand it seems worth a try,
especially with the heavily underlined promise of rewards no matter the quality of your attempt.

So I mean... what harm could it do?

--------------☉----☉--☉- The guide to knocking -☉--☉----☉--------------
--☉- Closed -☉--
Simply send me a pm with the below form filled out
Your pm title must include the phrase "Trick or Treat" as well as the day given on this post

Code: Select all
[b]Username and CS ID:[/b] (Should be written in the form of USERNAME [CS ID])
[b]Day:[/b] (The number in the title of this thread)
[b]Sima:[/b] (Link to sima that is attempting the riddle)
[b]Riddle answer:[/b]
(- Can be left empty if you only want your daily rewards)
(- Keep in mind that certain riddles requires an action as an answer)

Responding correctly to the riddle will yield additional rewards but you are not required to answer
correctly or even attempt the riddle to gain your daily rewards

--------------☉----☉--☉- Riddles, codes and the breaking of those -☉--☉----☉--------------
Every day there will be a new riddle that can gain you additional rewards. Where the riddle could
be anything from figuring out a specific answer to give, to decoding a prompt for you to act out.
Some riddles will be more or less straightforward whilst others might hide the answer within the
perceived riddle.

For certain riddles a simple answer is enough but some riddles requires you to act out certain actions
to be allowed to access the reward the riddle holds.

Multiple attempts at riddles are allowed
As long as an initial attempt excluding an blank answer was made on the initial day of the riddle.
Any an all additional attempts must be made before the end of the event.

The earnings for successfully solving each riddle can be anything of what is offered at this stand.
The rewards will vary depending on the perceived difficulty of the riddle.

Occasionally you might spot a hidden sima amongst the event adopts with the label "Yet to be found".
This means that the current riddle has the potential to yield the hidden sima as a reward.
Last edited by Glispa on Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:58 am, edited 33 times in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The riddle maker's stand - Treats

Postby Glispa » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:09 am

--------------☉----☉--☉- Treats for those who an attempt will make-☉--☉----☉--------------
Empty canvas
[Legendary]
An unused yet slightly frayed canvas with an haphazard collection of tools included in the package. More or less everything you need to make some kind of creation of your own, even if limited.
A Custom sima to be done by or approved by Glispa, up to 3 rare edits allowed with unlimited of the below

Altered extractor
[Legendary]
A heftier piece of machinery that seems to be a messily yet heavily modified version of another device, with lose wires and a greater variety of dials that seemingly does nothing. But somehow seems to be fairly stable considering its initial appearance even though the outcome seems wildly varied.
Gives the sima an additional power that present itself as visible jewel powers for a power the sima does not have. Only one power can be made present this way and the power must clearly represent one of the sima powers that the sima does not already hold.

Some type of extractor
[Rare]
A mismatched piece of machinery that seems to be the combination of two already existing pieces of technology yet somehow twice as unstable if you consider the apparent rushed appearance. It appears to have two settings, element and energy and when used brings forth the chosen setting from within the jewel of the sima with the added risk of a possible break of the jewel.
Gives either visible jewel powers or a floating mass of energy in the colour or colours of the jewel. Has a 6/25 chance of damaging the jewel with chips or cracks and a 2/25 chance of breaking off a piece of the jewel. Has to be rolled for by staff when used, can't be rolled for beforehand.

Broken feathers
[Rare]
A simple bundle of black feathers tied together roughly with some twine. All the feathers seem to be either bent in some manner or has portions missing from them, not that the rough binding seem to have helped much either. The feathers seem to have some sort of adverse reaction to the skin around the shoulder blades of any sima that comes in direct contact with them.
Gives a sima small/chibi sized feathered wings

Ctrl-Z
[Rare]
A completely colourless and odourless cream that tells of being able to erase any one simpler error or no longer wanted addition to one-self, or at least that’s what the container reads. Maybe it could be used to get rid of those horns that you just keep bumping into things with or that one spot in your coat that just doesn't look right. There doesn't seem to be any listed side effect so how bad could it be.
Removes a single edit of your choice from a sima.

Permanent lenses
[Uncommon]
A simple pair of lenses in what appears to be a standard container that despite what is commonly thought doesn't actually change the colour of the iris. Instead they seem to change the general appearance of the iris and pupil, be it the pattern or shape of the different sections.
Changes the pupil of the sima to either a different colour or shape of your choice. Allows the addition of one colour to make this change.

Colourful liquid
[Uncommon]
A highly colourful and sweet smelling liquid contained within a small glass vial that when consumed seemingly colours all types of liquids contained within the sima the colour or colours of their jewel. Also seems to have the added effect of making the sima leak more excessively.
Changes all liquids within the sima to the colour or colours of their jewel. Has the added effect of making the sima leak from their eyes and drool more excessively.

Demonic possession
[Uncommon]
An unexplained black almost liquid, almost gas contained within a small sealed jar that upon release latches onto the nearest sima and manifests itself in the shape of a single demonic looking eye surrounded by a smaller set of pure black patches or spots as well as a section of the same patches or spots on another section of the sima. No further side effects has been noted by the infected, at least if their words are to take to hearth.
Gives the sima a single demonic looking eye, sclera included surrounded by a smaller set of pure black patches or spots as well as a section of the same patches or spots on another section of the sima. Multiple can be used to yield black markings over a greater portion of the body with two smaller areas being added with each additional item.

Corrupted file
[Uncommon]
A simple grey diskette with a scratched out label that seemingly contains a file corrupted enough that even the appearance of the diskette is affected. If the slightly warped appearance that you just can't seem to properly grasp is anything to go by.
Glitches or corrupts a portion of the sima's design such as inverting colours or adding pixilation as examples. Only affects the coat of the sima and does not give any additional effects that go outside of the coat pattern. Will at most affect 25% of the sima but can be stacked for a greater reach.

Purgatory remains
[Common]
A charred black indistinguishable mass of some kind that is just about a handful. Extremely dry to the touch to the point of coming apart in your hand, also seems highly prone to staining whatever it comes into contact to.
Adds a marking to the sima that is about the size of the adult snout that makes it seem like the sima has been rolling around in some natural substance. Be it anything from soot and dust to oil and mud with the added possibility of using multiple for a greater are of effect.

Sticky powder
[Common]
A bright and colourful powder to be used on the face only even if the list of ingredients lists it as some kind of glue substitute. Questionable ingredients non withstanding it seems like a simple and easy way to add a splash of colour to the face of any sima.
Adds a colour that may or may not already be present on the sima somewhere on their head. The marking can be more or less defined and be anything from a single dot to the whole head being coloured.

Sweet tooth
[Common]
Appears at first glance to just be a simple cone-shaped sweet but you probably should take a closer look before you try and ingest it as it seems quite prone to stick to the teeth if you aren't careful.
Gives the sima a single smaller tooth sticking out of their mouth on one side of their face. Possible to use multiple to yield multiple teeth.

Catterfurs
[Common]
A pair of quite simple looking little bundles of fur that almost looks to be alive but that can't be right can it? No matter, it seems like you will have to be careful anyway as even the slightest to touch leaves them stuck to you.
Adds a small patch of fur symmetrically somewhere on the simas face, for example both the er tips, the eyebrows or a small chin tuft.

Sweets
Sweets that comes in various flavours and shapes and are given out in bundles of 5, 10 and 15 sweets, and other than being tasty they are also used as the currency for this event
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The riddle maker's stand - OPEN - Day 2

Postby Glispa » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:36 am

--☉- Results day 1 -☉--

Eevee55 [1033286] - Sticky powder
    Clementine Cloud [476020] - 5 sweets
    Koegami [308751] - 10 sweets
    rem sleep [224745] - 5 sweets
    Gallifrey [63161] - Purgatory remains
    Dragontrix [370191] - Catterfurs
    Ember the Wolf [465651] - Sweet tooth

--☉- Day 2 is now open -☉--
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The riddle maker's stand - OPEN - Day 3

Postby Glispa » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:30 pm

--☉- Results day 2 -☉--

Dragontrix [370191] - 10 sweets
    Ember the Wolf [465651] - 10 sweets
    Clementine Cloud [476020] - 15 sweets + 10 sweets (Riddle day 1)
    Rondell [4680] - 15 sweets
    PuddlebyOnTheMarsh [240905] - 5 sweets
    Lukina [227705] - 10 sweets
    rem sleep [224745] - Catterfurs
    Eevee55 [1033286] - Colourful liquid
    koegami [308751] - Some type of extractor

--☉- Day 3 is now open -☉--
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The riddle maker's stand - OPEN - Day 4

Postby Glispa » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:33 am

--☉- Results day 3 -☉--

Dragontrix [370191] - 5 sweets + 5 sweets (Riddle day 3)
    Gallifrey [63161] - Permanent lenses + 5 sweets (Riddle day 3)
    Rondell [4680] - Purgatory remains + 5 sweets (Riddle day 3)
    Koegami [308751] - 5 sweets
    Eevee55 [1033286] - Demonic posession
    Fairy King [471746] - Sweet tooth + 5 sweets (Riddle day 3)

--☉- Day 4 is now open -☉--
Last edited by Glispa on Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The riddle maker's stand - OPEN - Day 5

Postby Glispa » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:36 am

--☉- Results day 4 -☉--

Dragontrix [370191] - 15 sweets
    Fairy King [471746] - 5 sweets
    Gallifrey [63161] - Sticky powder
    koegami [308751] - Purgatory remains
    Rondell [4680] - Sweet tooth
    Eevee55 [1033286] - Sticky powder
    PuddlebyOnTheMarsh [240905] - Catterfurs
    Clementine Cloud [476020] - Purgatory remains + 15 sweets (Riddle day 2)

--☉- Day 5 is now open -☉--
Last edited by Glispa on Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The riddle maker's stand - OPEN - Day 6

Postby Glispa » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:41 am

--☉- Results day 5 -☉--

koegami [308751] - 5 sweets
    Fairy King [471746] - 15 sweets + 10 sweets (Riddle day 5) + Demonic posession (Riddle day 4)
    Clementine Cloud [476020] - Catterfurs + 10 sweets (Riddle day 5)
    Eevee55 [1033286] - Permanent lenses
    Ember the wolf [465651] - 5 sweets
    Dragontrix [370191] - 15 sweets + 10 sweets (Riddle day 5)

--☉- Day 6 is now open -☉--
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The riddle maker's stand - OPEN - Day 7

Postby Glispa » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:01 am

--☉- Results day 6 -☉--

Dragontrix [370191] - 5 sweets + 10 sweets (Riddle day 6)
    Fairy King [471746] - Corrupted file + 10 sweets (Riddle day 6)
    Gallifrey [63161] - 15 sweets + 10 sweets (Riddle day 6)
    koegami [308751] - Sweet tooth
    ember the wolf [465651] - 15 sweets
    corviidae [212368] - 5 sweets
    Clementine Cloud [476020] - 5 sweets + Demonic possession (Riddle day 4)
    Eevee55 [1033286] - Sticky powder + 10 sweets (Riddle day 6)
    Breado [277551] - Purgatory remains + 10 sweets (Riddle day 5)

--☉- Day 7 is now open -☉--
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The riddle maker's stand - OPEN - Day 8

Postby Glispa » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:40 am

--☉- Results day 7 -☉--

Dragontrix [370191] - 10 sweets
    Vraska the Unseen [224548] - 10 sweets
    Ember the wolf [465651] - 10 sweets
    Fairy King [471746] - Permanent lenses
    Gallifrey [63161] - 5 sweets
    koegami [308751] - 5 sweets
    Rondell [4680] - 5 sweets
    Breado [277551] - Sweet tooth
    Eevee55 [1033286] - 5 sweets

Rewards for the day 7 riddle will be posted once the fate of the hidden sima has been decided

--☉- Day 8 is now open -☉--
Last edited by Glispa on Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The riddle maker's stand - OPEN - Day 9

Postby Glispa » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:50 am

--☉- Results day 8 -☉--

Dragontrix [370191] - Sima (Riddle day 7)
    Gallifrey [63161] - 10 sweets + 10 sweets (Riddle day 8)
    Clementine Cloud [476020] - Purgatory remains + 10 sweets (Riddle day 6)
    Fairy King [471746] - 15 sweets + 10 sweets (Riddle day 8)
    Eevee55 [1033286] - Catterfurs + 10 sweets (Riddle day 8)
    Ember the Wolf [465651] - Colourful liquid
    Vraska the Unseen [224548] - 5 sweets

--☉- Day 9 is now open -☉--
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me