SoL - The Stallion Run (CLOSED)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: SoL - The Bachelor Grounds

Postby Keen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:44 am

Round 1 Results

-snip-

jesdar16:
Character development: 105 words
While I love the way you told the stories about him, the personality/character development section needed to be a minimum of 500 words. Unfortunately yours was only 105 words. Feel free to enter again this week and try again!

xayah.
Character development: 170 words
I enjoyed reading your form, but the character development section needed to be a minimum of 500 words. Yours was only 170 words unfortunately. Please feel free to enter again this week and try again! Also keep in mind that the only healers in Arraspel are Unicorns and Alicorns, as they are the only ones that had magical abilities.

iStarz & Everly
Character development: 506 words
The only problem I have with your form is that the ancestor's part in the war was such a small section. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this guy.
Congratulations! #003 is yours!

~*Warrior Cats*~
Character development: 504 words
Keep in mind that at the moment there are no forests in Arraspel. They were all destroyed in the War and have never recovered. Also keep in mind that the only healers in Arraspel are Unicorns and Alicorns, as they are the only ones that had magical abilities. Other than these two points, I enjoyed reading your form!
Congratulations! #006 is yours!

Queen Chrysalis
Character development: 145 words
I very much love your form so far! The character development section must have a minimum of 500 words, and yours only had 145. But I would love to see you reenter this week and try again. I am also interested in more development for Anjhira at a later date.
Last edited by Keen on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:44 am

Round 2 is Now Open

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:50 am

Do I need to re-post my form or can I just use my old post to re-enter? :3
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:01 am

Queen Chrysalis wrote:Do I need to re-post my form or can I just use my old post to re-enter? :3

If you dont mind, repost it to make it easier for me to find XD

-Sharp-as-Night

-Bastian Hallix

Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:12 am

Username: Queen Chrysalis
Horse Number: #016
Name: Dar'irr
Height: 17HH
Color: Grullo
Herd: Lunar Oak

Personality:
Over protective of those he loves. Dar'irr is actually a wonderful stallion, despite the long suffering sighs he gets from his herd members; they do appreciate him but they'd prefer him to be a little less watchful. He'd do anything for his herd even if it means taking on anything that would hurt them even if it means standing off against something that may actually help them. He has a good strong head on his shoulders and is very sensible well most of the time. Even a good sort such as him is prone to the occasional stupid action that gets him into trouble. While overprotective

Dar'irr is incredibly gentle with his herd, he wont hurt anyone even if their actions were foolish or could have put the herd in danger. They are reprimanded but he will not harm without excellent reason. An extremely even tempered stallion and terribly hard to wind up. Fiercely loyal to his herd mates and even more so to his direct family, he's a stallion one wouldn't want as enemy. Dar'irr is incredibly smart and easily keeps his wits about him when it comes to challengers for the place of leading his herd, he knows how to fight in a way that will quickly wear his enemy out. He's not what others call amusing, quite the serious natured stallion with a good heart, built to be strong and kind.

Doesn't often display what he's feeling, there just isn't usually a point to openly display them to anyone. Dar'irr doesn't appreciate jokers, he believes them to be a of waste precious time, joking around costs energy and who knows when you might need to run. Being good to others is very a important thing to Dar'irr. He doesn't take too well to strangers, often being cold and standoffish with them until he deems them trustworthy. Strong willed and incredibly stubborn it's incredibly hard to get him to move on subjects he's already taken a stance on. Dar'irr isn't a fool, he knows the signs of a horse getting ready to bite or kick and will take care not to incite the other horses ire upon himself.

It's hard to throw him off balance, not when he's seen pretty much everything he believes there is to see in the world. Dar'irr is hardly a stallion of many words, keeping words to use when they are needed is sometimes crucial when one is a lead stallion. Plus he believes there is no need to waste conversation on those who wont appreciate it. Feels lying is a waste of time but twisting the truth can sometimes work to his advantage in more ways than one. Feels lying is a waste of time but twisting the truth can sometimes work to his advantage in more ways than one. There will be no foolish acts of running around bucking like some overgrown foal, oh no, there is no time for such silly endeavors not when he has an entire herd to watch over. Dar'irr doesn't take well to others who attempt to undermine or correct him when he clearly knows what he's talking about.

The Lunar Oak Herd:
A still small herd with very few members, Lunar Oak is group of close knit young mares with a stallion of very similar if not exact age leading them.

What his ancestors did in the war:
A shape stood on cliff almost stark white against the horizon, towering over a group of horses that cowered down in the valley below. They were right to fear Anjhira, the unicorn had grown more and more power hungry as time passed. Now she had become a dangerous creature, her lust for power yet to be sated. Anjhira wanted complete and total domination over both horses and other races that called Arraspel home. A dark shape came to stand beside her and the mare proudly nuzzled the young stallion, her pride and joy the best of all the foals she had ever borne. Mojdar sighed heavily and steeled himself, what he was about to do would stain his soul forever.

"Goodbye, mother" he whispered gazing at the pale mare who so keenly gazed at the terrified horses far below them. She turned upon hearing his whisper only to receive the full force of a double hooved kick right to the chest. The impact knocker her off balance and another one sent her tumbling off the cliff.

That night was to be her claim to ruler, a night some claim stained the earth in that valley with the blood of innocents. A valley so cursed to that to even tread just inside would mean death. Others claim that the ghost of Anjhira still prowls the cliffs looking for power she can never claim. All just stories though made by foolish yearlings in order to scare the foals. In truth Anjira was murdered that night, pushed from the cliffs she prowled by her own son though there are stories that claim she jumped. A stallion so cunning he had fooled so many into thinking he was exactly like his mother, power hungry and willing to crush anyone who got in his way.

He never forgot the look in his mothers eyes as she fell, pure and utter heartbreak. Mojdar loved his mother really he did but the world always be a far better place without her, there was no redemption for as one as far gone as Anjhira had been. He proceeded to fight for peace in the land, doing his best to weed out corruption from the herd he made. The stories of that night were passed down from Mojdar himself to all of his foals and as many of his grandfoals as possible. His descendants have been passing down the true version of the story for many years.

Last edited by Queen Vivane on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:20 am

π•Œπ•€π•–π•£π•Ÿπ•’π•žπ•– jesdar16
ℍ𝕠𝕣𝕀𝕖 β„•π•¦π•žπ•“π•–π•£ #001
π•Šπ•‘π•–π•”π•šπ•–π•€ Horse
π”Έπ•˜π•– 5 years
β„•π•’π•žπ•– Saulains (means "sunshadow" in Latvian)

lines by EmberWolf
π•Žπ•™π•’π•₯ ℙ𝕒𝕣π•₯ π”»π•šπ•• β„π•šπ•€ π”Έπ•Ÿπ•”π•–π•€π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕀 ℙ𝕝𝕒π•ͺ π•€π•Ÿ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•Žπ•’π•£?
The fighting had begun only a few months prior when the courageous warrior known as Kelita lost her life in the battle. She was apart of the horse herds and has grown up in her species' beautiful homeland of Albarari. Kelita was a fighter from the moment she was born, up and on her hooves within minutes of hatching. She was the daughter of no one in particular, she had no royal blood in her veins, but she was determined to bring herself up in society. She spent most of her foalhood learning everything she could, determined to make herself more than "one of the horses". By adulthood she was skilled in fighting and healing, but spent more time learning to fight because it was something unexpected of mares. It was always the stallions who fought and ruled. She wanted to be a ruler too, she didn't want to continuously have foals for the rest of her life. She wanted to be different. Kelita won the hearts of many young stallions in the bachelor herd and broke just as many as she won. She had no interest in mates. When the war broke out Kelita's horse herd was called upon to fight. She eagerly plunged herself into battle, with no mercy. Each step she took was for herself and no one else. It was not until she found a young colt trapped among the fighting equines that she had a change of heart. She guided that young colt out of the thrashing hooves and pointed, glowing horns. She found a large hollow tree trunk and told him to hide there and that she would come back for him.
Kelita had fought many an equine by now, horses like herself, a pegasus with powerful wings and the ability of flight, and unicorns,
who had the ability to fight with magic as well as their hooves. Kelita always came out on top, and she was determined to best her feelings and not think about the colt she had left behind.
Of course it was not until after the fighting that she gave in and found the colt. Through the wars she raised him, he was already weaned when found but became his best friend. Kelita learned that his name was Sarlo. Sarlo was a horse like her, and he was clingy, constantly shadowing her as he grew up.
Kelita was a fearsome warrior in the battles, besting nearly any enemy she fought, and was a valuable warrior to any army. Eventually Sarlo matured and gave Kelita a young daughter. Kelita and Sarlo's daughter Selita was born in the midst of the fighting.
Kelita died as she had lived, flinging her life into battle as one of the most ferocious mare warriors of all time. She left behind a tiny daughter, who is Saulains's great granddam. The legacy of this brave mare will be preserved in Saulains himself and all of the foals he sires. Kelita was a valiant warrior in the war and Saulains promised himself he would do his very best to be just like her.

ImageLines by preppy paws

β„™π•–π•£π•€π• π•Ÿπ•’π•π•šπ•₯π•ͺ
A bold stallion, Saulains is always finding ways to show off or act courageous. He's quite full of himself, often causing situations just to solve them and impress the mares. He doesn't do much leading per say, he rather spends his time fooling around and is not afraid of the way he looks to anyone else. Despite this he does have a sense of loyalty and will fight to the death to stay with the mares in his herd. He's quite playful and loves younger horses, usually the lead mare has to step up and actually lead because he's too busy playing with the foals.
Saulains is always one for jokes and pranks, he enjoys a good laugh now or then. He can usually be found pranking some poor mare,
and even though his jokes aren't always appreciated, usually they get a laugh. Saulains isn't a very supportive character, he can be a bit selfish and may sometimes think of himself above the rest of his herd. He only does things if they benefit him, which limits the options of things he's willing to do. Saulains isn't very organized, he doesn't think things through, and relies heavily on the lead mare for guidance. He can be very stubborn and ignorant at times, when his mind is set it stays set. Saulains is doesn't think really at all and when he does usually it involves him in a way and how his actions will benefit him, rather than the entire herd.
Saulains does have some good aspects to him, though. Due to being stubborn, he will usually never give up unless hope is entirely lost. He's not very observant, usually it's one of the mares who alerts him of danger, but he is compassionate to others, even if he forgets to think about them sometimes. He's not the most responsible stallion out there, but he does have jobs that he is (even grudgingly) willing to do. He's not very good at wiggling out of a task the lead mare puts him up to and usually finds himself doing them. He's quite athletic, and enjoys training and playing with the foals, teaching them how to gallop and jump and rear. He's even set up little athletic courses made out of dried logs and rocks for the foals. He's not very romantic, the mares in his herd don't particularly love him, but he does love running, and that's something herds do. He prefers fun time over work, but he can be serious when the need arises and with just a little shove he can push his mind out selflessly. He usually puts the lead mare up to actually leading because he doesn't want to, he thinks fighting off predators is cooler. Saulains is very energetic, he enjoys running and playing, especially with young creatures. Saulains all in all is a bold, brave stallion with a playful yet selfish-like attitude.
He's very stubborn and ignorant and will rarely change his mind about anything once it's set.

Lines by Verdana

ℝ𝕖𝕀𝕔𝕦𝕖
The scant grasses in the small corner of Albarari the herd remained in did not do much to sustain the hunger of the thin equines. One of them, a dark brown stallion with a blonde mane, raised his head and peered into the sunburnt grasses on the horizon. He could spot no other living creature. Sighing, the stallion realized that no one was paying attention to him. Walking over to where a mare grazed with her foal beneath a scant tree, he delicately hit the aged bark until a branch began to fall. Smooth as silk he snatched the branch from the air before it could land on the foal, but received a snort of irritation from the foal's mother and nothing more.
"Great!" He muttered to himself as he walked away. "I'm being ignored now." He muttered, dropping his head low again to graze more. He swished his tail irritably as he heard a faint sound. He pulled up more grasses as the sound reached his ear fur again.
"What?" He muttered to himself, lifting his head as the sound came, clearer this time. "Wait.. that sounds like.."
He broke into a trot, his ears swiftly flitting around. Right near him he caught another sound, a heartbroken whinny of a mare who had lost her foal.
"Come with me!" He urged the mare, and broke into a canter, using his ears to follow the sound. He skidded to a halt right beside a fairly large hole in the ground. A horrified whinny sounded from inside and Saulains heard scrabbling.
"Momma!" The foal screamed, digging himself in deeper as he kicked.
"You get on this side and I'll get on the other. Help dig." He said, directing the anxious mother. The mare's hooves began to cleanly scoop away dirt until the hole was doubled in size. Saulains did this as well and he began to see he ears and muzzle of the foal.
He dug and completely uncovered the foal's body, but the foal was still stuck in the dirt.
"Grab my tail!" The mare urged, flinging her tail down as far as it would go. Her foal latched on with everything he had and began to push himself out. Saulains pushed him as well, struggling and panting.
Soon the young foal was out of the hole.
"Are you safe?" The mare was at his side in an instant, drawing him from the hole.
"Yes, mamma." The foal said, still shivering. Saulains stood guard as the mare led her dirt-encrusted foal back to the herd.
"Now don't go that way again, alright?" He said sternly, eyeing the foal. Though on the inside he couldn't blame him. Running and galloping was something he did enjoy.
"Yes, Saulains." The foal said, pressing up against his mother's side.
"Good."

Lines by preppy paws

𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•‹π•€π•šπ•£π•’π•Ÿπ• π•œπ•’ ℍ𝕖𝕣𝕕
The mares were grazing peacefully, their foals at their sides. Saulains sighed. He was bored. He didn't even have a name for the herd, and they hardly listened to him as it was. It was always the lead mare that actually led. He sighed again.
"Hey, guys." Saulains said, drawing the mares in close. "We need a.. a name, right?" The dark stallion asked, tossing his head.
"Yeah, we do." One mare replied, shaking out her mane.
"How about... Grassleaf Herd?" One mare suggested, flicking her ears. Another shook her head.
"No, too.. too nature-y. How about.. Rock Rift Herd?"
"Nah!" Saulains said. "Maybe.. maybe it could be the Hotlands Herd?"
"Go on, now.." Another mare urged her young daughter forward.
"H-how about.. the.. Tsiranoka Herd?" The little filly asked, trembling under the gaze of so many horses.
"That's perfect!" Another mare said.
"What does it mean?" Saulains asked, tipping his head.
"Dusty Meadows." The mare answered for her daughter.
"Well, does everyone agree?" The lead mare asked, tossing her head with authority.
"Yes!" Echoed the mares and Saulains.
"Good. Then it is official. We are now the Tsiranoka Herd." The lead mare said, rearing and slashing her hooves. Saulains did the same, just after the rest of the mares.
"Thank you." He said to the little filly after.

Lines by preppy paws
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xhat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:43 am

" And so it begins... "
Xhat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:32 am

CLOSED FOR JUDGING

-Sharp-as-Night

-Bastian Hallix

Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Round 2 Results - Week 2

Postby Keen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:47 am

Round 2 Results

Queen Chrysalis
Character development: 523 words, but removing the double-written sentence, its down to 501 words.
I really like how you developed this guy. I would still like to know more about him and his Unicorn ancestor some time in the future. The only thing I want to mention, is please watch out for correct punctuation. It makes the sentences have slightly different meanings than you likely intend. I will not hold that against your form though.
Congrats, #016 is yours!

jesdar16:
Character development: 502 words
I only have a couple of new things to say about your form. In addition to what I said last week, be sure to avoid contradictions.
In some areas you talk about how he is selfish and doesn't do much that won't benefit him in some way, and in other places you talk about how he would do anything for his herd.
Also, the part about preferring the mare to actually lead the herd, this is how it should be. Mares are the true leaders of the herd and the stallion is the protector.
Congrats, #001 is yours!

-Sharp-as-Night

-Bastian Hallix

Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 am

Round 3 - Week 3 is open!

Remember to read over the information at this link before you start your form!
Any information ignored *will* count against new forms posted!

-Sharp-as-Night

-Bastian Hallix

Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me