Secrets of the Faerie Kingdom (Characters & Discussion)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Human of Earth - Makena Laurent

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:53 pm

Makena Laurent | 25 | Female | Human
    Sexuality: demi-bisexual
    Pronouns: she/her
    Role: Human (Earth)
    Appearance: Makena's hair is a dirty blonde that appears golden in the sun, and it falls to her shoulders with face-framing strands. Her eyes are a pale blue with slightly darker flecks in the irises. She stands at a height of 5'4" and a weight of 122 pounds, and she has an average build with a small upper body yet broad shoulders and slightly curved hips. Kena's fingers are long and delicate, but soil tends to get wedged under her fingernails more often than not. Her jawline is soft, but her chin is quite sharp in comparison and her defined cheekbones are set high on her lightly tanned face. Dark brown moles cover her body -- namely ones under her left eye, right cheek, the side of her left nostril, and above the right corner of her lips.

Makena tends to wear whatever is best in the weather. Whether it be thin black body-shaping pants and a dark green tank top or a lavender baggy sweater and wide loose-fitting brown pants. Whatever suits her, as long as the pants have plentiful pockets. She stuffs all of her tools -- gardening or otherwise -- into her pockets.

Personality: Makena is an artist. Whether it's in the garden, creating intricate bouquets or other floral assemblages, painting on canvasses or drawing with charcoal, or writing to her heart's content. She's not much of a "people-person" and tends to keep to herself. Portrayed as shy, she's quiet and doesn't speak up. In truth, Kena is assessing each situation and choosing her words carefully upon each interaction. To those she does know, she's compassionate and sweet. Gift giving is one of her love languages, and she'll choose one of her many artistic gifts to show it. Despite her creativity, Makena tends to fall into deep depressive episodes that are hard to pull herself out of, and she's a bit of a pessimist or a realist.

Bio: Her father was never in the picture, but instead she gave her heart wholly to her mother. In fact, her mother was the one who taught her a love for plants and gardening. She also inspired stories inside of Makena, weaving tales of miraculous plants growing by sparkling streams in a mystical forest, in a magical faraway land. As a teenager, her mother suddenly fell ill. Despite all of the herbal remedies and medicinal pursuits from herself and other villagers, her condition worsened. Kena heard rumors of a magical plant and set off to find it in hopes of a cure for her mother. But by the time she returned, her mother was gone. And she vowed to never believe in magic again.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Secrets of the Faerie Kingdom (Characters & Discussion)

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:05 pm

XD hi Melody.
Could An crush on Ellery, if you're accepted?
Or maybe we could have them be dating.
Its really all up to you.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:17 am

Hi!
Accepted - feel free to start roleplaying, I'll update the character list when I'm able to.

I'll give it a couple of days more, then I'll write up my next post.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:46 am

Consulting_Angel wrote:Hi!
Accepted - feel free to start roleplaying, I'll update the character list when I'm able to.

Thank you so much!! I'll try to get my starter post up within the next day or so.

Spiritstar3 wrote:XD hi Melody.

Ooh would you be okay with them dating? Maybe since they grew up in the same moth village they felt connected to each other and bonded over their shared lifestyles. Although it'll be interesting to see what'll happen when An wants to start exploring and Ellery would want to stay
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

“ ⊰ ★ alexei ── ” ⊱

Postby rogan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:15 am

i[ NAME ] alexei oehri; okay with nicknames from friends, such as alex or lexi. fine with being called by their surname oehri.
                  i[ AGE ] 216 years old, but appears about 25
                  i[ GENDER ] demi-male, they/them/he/him pronouns with a lean for they/them; especially if someone is using only one set of pronouns
                  i[ SEXUALITY ] grey-asexual / greyromantic
                  i[ SPECIES ] faerie; has the ability to control and manipulate water at his will. however, this takes a lot of concentration; so he never really does use this in times of battle / protection of any kind. he uses it mostly to like... warm water to make tea. or, similarly, freeze water for ice. he's fine with using his bow to guard the tree; and has no deemed use for water manipulation elsewhere other than conventional things. (also, he dislikes getting wet; when he moves water it usually, quite literally, splashes right back at him)
                  i[ ROLE ] silver guard, wielder of the silver crossbow

i[ PERSONALITY ] a quiet, relatively soft-spoken individual; alexei isn't typically one for conversation, at least from those that they don't know. their job tends to take precedence over anything else- as it's meant to -so they never particularly see need for talking to strangers. however, those they may be close to on the silver guard may not hear the end of their incessant yapping in moments of downtime (whenever that may be) as alexei does ten to get bored in moments of prolonged silence, and grows quite awkward standing without much conversation or happenings. otherwise, however, they're typically composed and stern-faced, and hold a rather professional demeanor. their incredibly dedicated to their job; and, in that aspect, are selfless and loyal to a fault; and would risk death, given the need, without a second thought or even the slightest bit of hesitation. this does not solely apply to being on the silver guard; but also does apply to friends, family, and extensions of that under some circumstances. alexei holds other's lives at a higher value than they do their own; and it's always been this way.

outside of the silver guard duties, though, alexei is a rather friendly faerie; and more often than not offers smiles to citizens given they aren't tresspassers of some kind. and, although they isn't the most chatty of individuals, they have very little to about no qualms about sitting down and chatting with a fellow guard member or even others; and actually deems it rather important to hold social bonds with those around them rather than maintain a very unapproachable aura around them. alexei is trustworthy, and is also trusting, and perhaps a little bit too much so. in that same vain, they're incredibly forgiving (they never forget, however) and more often than not don't hold grudges; and, even the most terrible of betrayals may end up being forgiven, despite callings for it not to be. they also tend to be impulsive; nearly incredibly so, and don't stop to think about the consequences prior to persuing something. it isn't until after the thought is persued that it really sets in just what it was that happened; hence often being willing to risk their lives so easily for someone other than them.

i[ BIO ] alexei lived a simple, clean slate life. their mother was a potter and weaver, while their father was a clothes maker. they were relatively well off, working mostly on commission work as the locals in the village came through to ask for something made. initially, they were supposed to follow in one of their parents footsteps; or at least, something similar. they had taken quite the liking to jewelry making, much like their aunt; but had fallen in love with the intricate designs of weave-work. they were close to honing their craft of mending both jewelry and weaving together; though, this path was quickly cut short when his uncle (bless this old man's heart, truly, alexei usually says; though they may not be the closest to him, and he may be deceased already by a terrible accident; they're thankful for the push that he gave them) suggested they opt to protect the silver tree, especially because of the need for more guards. though reluctant, alexei eventually agreed and began to work towards that, before eventually being welcomed onto the silver guard after years of training their body and mind up to par. they wouldn't trade this route, though- and they know that for certain. they love what they do, protecting others; and they hope that they can continue to do so for as long as they live.

i[ APPEARANCE ] alexei is just shy of being five foot nine inches tall, with a slim but still powerful build. they're well muscled, although this is never really showcased as they prefer to wear baggier clothes or keep themselves hidden beneath the silver guard armor. their hair is black, and cut cleanly; the top remaining longer than the rest, however, they have intentions of growing it out. in levels of high humidity, alexei's hair will frizz and begin to form very loose coils. their eyes are dark brown, nearly black, although they deny this. they have a few moles littering their body, and a large birthmark that is just a few shades darker than their natural skin tone on their left side. they're also pelted in a significant a mount of scars, though the most notable scars are that of the one over the top of the right side of their chest, and a singular, long lash scar that stretches diagonally across the center of their back. the others aren't nearly as prominent nor obvious unless one is right up close and personal or trying to identify them. (though, they'd be a liar if they said they didn't have their fair share of scared finger tips from miss-grabbing their arrows; and, a liar they may be, because they will not straight admit that)

his wings resemble that of a beautiful demoiselle. he has a total of four wings; all of which are a metallic blue-green. they're thin, but long- and because of their length, alexei primarily keeps them closed in order to prevent any form of injuries to them because of their delicacy. he frequently wears a pietersite pendant; the gemstone in its natural, raw state delicately laced with silver wiring to hold it along a silver chain. alexei also often has a ring with hematite imbedded into it; for show, mostly, but also because of the metaphysical properties that it seems to have. these properties are used very loosely, however, and alexei will always note that he just likes the black stone; and that anything else is a bonus that comes along with it. he isn't a stranger to wearing other kinds of jewelry, though, a silver band with celtic symbols being one of the most common that he's seen wearing. bracelets and dangles similar are worn rarely, but aren't unlikely.

i[ ROMANTIC STATUS ] because of their duties to the silver tree and the faerie kingdom currently, alexei isn't particularly too open to romance; they're open to it if it happens, but it is the farthest thing from a priority to them at the moment, and this is probably a bit unlikely to change.

[ note : i'm willing to change anything if and as needed :pray: so don't hesitate to let me know! ]
rogan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:40 am

SilentMelody wrote:
Consulting_Angel wrote:Hi!

Thank you so much!! I'll try to get my starter post up within the next day or so.

Spiritstar3 wrote:XD hi Melody.

Ooh would you be okay with them dating? Maybe since they grew up in the same moth village they felt connected to each other and bonded over their shared lifestyles. Although it'll be interesting to see what'll happen when An wants to start exploring and Ellery would want to stay

Yes, absolutely. XD that sounds great, that makes a lot of sense that they'd have grown up together. Honestly, Ellery could make them want to stay. They want to have an adventure, but they don't want to leave Ellery. Though maybe Ellery would be okay with An just going out and exploring one town over or something?

rogan: would he be male, or nonbinary since he uses non male pronoun too? (I thought nonbinary and agender was the same because of pride editables having them as the same flag. But I brought it up somewhere. And was corrected by someone claiming nonbinary is a blanket term and uses any pronouns. I feel like they may have been annoyed by me...I don't know, but anyway.)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:57 am

@rogan - Accepted! Feel free to start roleplaying.

@everyone - I'll shortly be getting my next post up. If anyone that has a human and isn't already planning to have them be in/stumble into the Faerie Kingdom could have this happen soon, so that we can move the plot along, that would be great!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rogan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:28 am

@consulting: thank you! i'll aim to get my post up shortly when i'm able to :3

@anyone: in the meantime as i am working on my post, alexei is open for tags; so anyone's okay to snag their attention if wanted! if you post a tag before i get a post out i'll adjust my post as need be <3

@spiritstar: alexei is a demimale!! they identify partially as a male, but do not feel entirely connected to that gender. demi means "half" in this case. so alexei is "half-boy / half-agender." you can read more information on demimale gender here (the link just takes you to en.pronouns website ^^ this website has a full gender identity / sexuality glossary, as well) for more clarification if you'd like!!

as for agender v. nonbinary - agender falls under the nonbinary category :] agender is defined as feeling as though one is genderless. nonbinary is referring to any identities falling outside of the gender binary, which includes agender, genderqueer, genderfluid, etc etc. anything that is not male or female. so i guess to make a long answer short, alexei is under the nonbinary umbrella; but he doesn't call himself nonbinary, he calls himself demi-male, hence going by both they/them and he/him pronouns :3

i dont want to make the gender discussion too long in thread, though; so if you have any further questions you can shoot me a pm with them and i can offer a better explanation there as well ^-^
rogan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:01 pm

Angel: Kay kay

rogan wrote:

@spiritstar: alexei is a demimale!! they identify partially as a male, but do not feel entirely connected to that gender. demi means "half" in this case. so alexei is "half-boy / half-agender." you can read more information on demimale gender here (the link just takes you to en.pronouns website ^^ this website has a full gender identity / sexuality glossary, as well) for more clarification if you'd like!!

Ah, cool, thank you for the info (and the link :mrgreen: )
I will message you about the rest if this post (the stuff I deleted out of it while quoting)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:44 am

Just made my starter post!! Feel free to tag Ellery, they're in their bakery c:
    Or if anyone else is open I can have Kaeden explore outside of the library lol
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me