Shipwrecked! (Discussion Thread) (Sci-Fi) [OPEN]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Shipwrecked! (Discussion Thread) (Sci-Fi) [OPEN]

Postby Jeydon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Discussion thread for the rebooted roleplay Shipwrecked, co-owned by ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ and I. Please post all applications here, and discuss however much you'd like!

In your application, please include (at least), in any way:
    Name (at least first name and surname)
    Position
    Appearance (written or a visual reference)

The roleplaying thread, which contains the rules, can be found here.
Jeydon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rikimaru and Monty Sheets

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:32 pm

Rikimaru Renegade. Human. Age early 20's. Second in command aboard the Zodiac Starship.

Personality and Character:
Rikimaru -or Riki for short- is a stoic intellectual with a cold demeanor. They are androgynous and do not take kindly to people trying to figure out their sex. Rikimaru thinks themselves better than those less intelligent (that being most), but is polite enough to not let that show. They try to be respectful but can often sound condescending as they try to gauge the intellect of those around them. Their high intelligence means they are very often bored with life, harboring the desire for a challenge or something 'worth my time.'
In addition, Rikimaru is incredibly pragmatic and efficient, not seeing anything wrong with amoral actions if it makes logical sense. Rikimaru prefers logic and reasoning over emotion and can sometimes have difficulty looking at things from an ethical standpoint. Adding this with their already cynical nature and they can be incredibly amoral sometimes without even noticing.
Rikimaru saw their opportunity to assist in the command of the Zodiac as somewhat tedious, yet they were prodded by others to take the task. Since the isolation they have been interested to see how the crew will deal with the stress of the situation, and has a notebook on the psychology of the crew stashed away. The notebook is kept a secret, as well as the knowledge that they have a doctorate in cognitive and clinical psychology.
They own a fawn-colored Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Montague as a companion animal. They managed to convince the board that the animal was necessary to keep the crew's mental state in check, as the calming effect of an animal on board was unparalled.

Miscellaneous:
Sexual Orientation: Asexual (not sexual)
Romantic Orientation: Androromantic (masculinity/androgyny)
Weight: 105 Pounds
Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Degree: Doctorate in Cognitive and Clinical Psychology
Voice: Firm Russian accent
Other: Hates being touched

Name: Montague (Or Monty)
Species: Dog
Breed: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Coloration: Red (Fawn)
Monty is the pet of second in command Rikimaru. He is a very loyal dog and very happy in general. Brought on board the Zodiac as a therapy dog, he has served this purpose well in comforting the crew during the crash.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shipwrecked! (Discussion Thread) (Sci-Fi) [OPEN]

Postby Jeydon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Name: Icarus Fverilin
Position: Medical officer
Icarus Fverilin, born to a fairly wealthy and privileged family, never expected to end up in space. Oddly enough, Icarus hates space, making his presence aboard the Zodiac quite strange. As a young boy, Icarus aspired to become a skilled doctor or surgeon, his hopes set high. He pursued his passion with the help of his family’s wealth, becoming quite successful in medical school and soon graduating. However, just before Icarus got the chance to apply for a job, he was framed, and wrongly found guilty of a local robbery. It wasn’t a major crime, however the news did reach all local hospitals in the area, ruining Icarus’ chances of getting any sort of job close to home. With nowhere left to go, and without enough qualifications to get a good job away from home where news of the crime had not reached, Icarus had nowhere left to turn but to the position as medical officer aboard the Zodiac. Icarus had always hated the idea of being in space, surrounded by nothing but emptiness and confined to a small, flimsy metal box filled with others who could quite possibly turn out to be annoying, but had no other options. The moment Icarus stepped onto the Zodiac, he regretted his decision, however couldn’t turn back.
Icarus is a skilled doctor and surgeon, however his personality certainly leaves quite a bit to be desired. Although at first he may seem like a fairly decent man, very crisp and professional, Icarus is rarely polite, and is constantly found making dry, sarcastic comments. He is quite a stubborn man, putting his own needs before those of others and sticking to his points of view and only his. Icarus can, quite often, be extremely pessimistic, however during a few rare moments when Icarus is in a good mood, he can show a slightly more light-hearted, optimistic side, and even occasionally share an uncommon laugh with others.
Icarus’ skills have quite a wide range of usefulness and relevance to being in space. His medical expertise is definitely one of his most useful skills, coming into action quite often. He is also quite hard to anger or frustrate, allowing him to navigate the issues of social interactions while trapped in space quite well. Icarus stays calm and works very well under stress, partly a natural trait, and partly due to years of training in medical school to stay calm under stress during procedures. In contrast, some of his less useful skills are also quite prominent. Icarus is an accomplished violinist, and while this skill can provide a sense of calm to others ot times, it is fairly irrelevant to the trip, and Icarus has grown quite fond of his violin over the years. Due to this love for his instrument, Icarus insisted on bringing it along for the trip, his stubbornness showing itself when he refused to leave it behind. Icarus values his violin with his life, never leaving it behind anywhere and going to extreme measures to take care of it. Some would even call it an obsession.
Icarus does have quite a few skills, however, like all human beings, he has his weaknesses as well. Among them are his sometimes aggravating personality, his negativity, and his prioritisation of his instrument above all else. Another major flaw of his is his over confidence, coupled with his arrogance. These two together cause Icarus to never doubt himself or his decisions, putting him into extremely dangerous situations at times, just when he thinks he’s won and has let his guard down.
Icarus is a rather tall man, with jet black hair, pale skin, and pale, icy blue eyes. He is commonly seen wearing the very neutral shades of black and white, with the occasional hint of grey. Aboard the Zodiac, Icarus wears the standard uniform of a medical officer, though he often wears a black trench coat as well.
Jeydon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Altair & Q

Postby .Spaceman. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:17 am

Name ;; Altair Vera
Gender ;; Cismale
Species ;; Human
Age ;; 26
Orientation ;; Bisexual
Position ;; Pilot
Appearance ;; Altair is a tall and skinny dude who stands at 6'3'' with a lanky build. His face has rounded features, like his small nose and soft brown almond-shaped eyes, most likely inherited from the Asian part of his jumbled up Brazilian ancestry. He has a tan beige complexion and his unruly dark brown hair is thick and wiry. His body is decently toned and he has a naturally smirky, wide smile.
Personality ;; Altair tends to seem cranky upon first meeting, but his defense is that he works better when he complains, especially since he usually doesn't mean it. He has a playful attitude and loves to use wit and charm to brighten a situation. While some may dislike his quirky tendencies, he is focused when he needs to be, quick thinking, and a natural leader. Although he is gentle, he is strong-willed and determined with a fiery spirit. Altair, who has a way with words, likes to be a supportive guy and regularly encourages others. He may be charismatic and hardworking, but he is also absentminded, vulnerable, melodramatic, and slightly childish.
Background ;; Named after the star, Altair (whose name means “the flyer”) was seemingly destined to go to space. It was his only dream as a child and he was determined to get there one day. Naturally, he enrolled into a prestigious school in America with a flight program. He had an affinity for piloting. He ended up signing up for the military Air Force, as he felt it would increase his chances of going to space if he was first a fighter pilot. Which it did. Altair eventually started spacecraft training, which he dedicated 100% to.
School had been his entire life, so he didn't have much of a social presence outside of that. Luckily, he got along great with his fellow students. The only one he didn't really get along with was QWERTY, the strange medical student on campus that he later found out was an android. When they both became candidates for the Zodiac flight, their relationship turned into love-hate (but mostly hate). Which didn't really change, even after both of them got in. Altair can now sometimes be found scolding Q in the Med Bay over the intercom, and no one can quite tell whether it's one of his jokes or not.

Name ;; QWERTY (Nicknamed Q; no surname)
Gender ;; None, but presents as masculine and uses he/his
Species ;; Android
Age ;; 15 (and very old for his model)
Orientation ;; Asexual Panromantic
Position ;; Medic
Appearance ;; Q's current build stands at 5'9'' with a sturdy, slightly hefty frame. He has a long nose and thin lips and his eyes glow light green, but the color disappears when he's shut down. Looking into his eyes usually reveals that he is an android, as the rest of his body is scarily human. He has pale skin and neat-ish light brown hair. He is likened to a porcelain doll, as he has been modified to mechanical perfection.
Personality ;; Q is often described as blank and bland, which is a pretty accurate assumption. He is precise and logical and sees no point in avoidance, preferring to get straight to the point with brutal honesty. This causes him to come off as cold, but he doesn't mind. He is actually quite kind and infinitely patient, it's just that many of the things he does are behind the scenes so no one notices. The only hints at a real personality is an occasional sarcastic comment or deadpan humor. Q is level-headed and confident, which becomes more evident when one has known him for longer. He tends to forgive but never forgets. Although he is thoughtful, he is usually ignorant of other's emotions, as he struggles enough with his own.
Background ;; QWERTY's model was first developed 15 years ago and was purely experimental. His complex code was new to his developers, and his first 10 years were spent in one building where all they did was keep modifying him. He didn't really have a mind of his own, he was barely aware of his existence. When he was finally let out in public, he caused a dreadful accident as he wasn't prepared to interact with the world. This resulted in another year of changes, and with the new and quickly changing technology, he was able to create a sort of unique persona for himself.
His developers had heard news of the Zodiac flight and immediately began preparing him, hoping to get him in there to make a name for themselves. Q didn't need to go to school for long, considering he was able to do things with robotic precision and only needed to be told things once, but it did help him to be able to socialize a lot better. Most either didn't speak to him or were kind to him, and his program told him to do the same. It was when Altair came along that he realized not everyone would follow a pattern. He was stumped by the man, who apparently disliked him. He couldn't comprehend why Altair would sometimes do things just to spite him and then later act like they were buddies. Q was unhappy to find that both of them had made it on to the Zodiac, but has learned to more or less cope with the odd pilot.

(reference pictures may or may not come in the future)
Last edited by .Spaceman. on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
.Spaceman.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Play them however you want, but please try to get your form up.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

WIP

Postby Choice Starlight » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:04 pm

I see myself in the mirror and I ask myself
Will it really make you happy if I let you go?

I’ll throw myself away completely

because you need quiet time to yourself
Did I say those things without even meaning it?
As I replay your face when you screamed go away

I’m tainting our memories that were beautiful
I haven’t imagined a life without you yet but

please be happy
So that at least my lie can shine

I'ᴍ ᴀ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴀʀ
✂╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
⌜Engineer⌟

⌜Name⌟ Zhang Kongli
    ⌜Nicknames⌟ kongie, lili
    ⌜Gender⌟ cis male
    ⌜S/O⌟ pansexual
    ⌜Age⌟ 23
    ⌜Birthday⌟ February 15

⌜Personality⌟ determined and serious... would barely begin. He is a determined boy, ambitious and hungry to the point of fault. But he is mostly a optimistic ball of fluff, granted not really an optimist. That's more Ki-Min's job. He is nearly ditzy, if only he weren't too intelligent. But he is a soft young man who looks to be a ditz until proven wrong. He is a generally very sweet boy with a bit of a shy side to him, it's usually Ki-Min to introduce him to new people. Even then he is a bit awkward and quiet. He prefers the company of androids and AI and machines to real people. He is highly intelligent, infact he was ranked in the top 1% of students not only in China but as well as the US. But you'd never guess a sweet soft boy like him was a genius.

⌜Appearance⌟ A tall long-legged beauty that stands at 6 feet. He's tall for his race and he secretly hates it. Just as he keeps his mind highly trained and sharp, his body is just as well taken care of. In short, the boy is ripped to high heaven. Despite his light bronze complexion, he sports light amber eyes without double eyelids.

⌜History⌟ Born in China, he excelled in English studies with his few friends who hated him for it. He got into nationalism at a young age because of his grandfather impressing upon him the greatness of the Chinese nation. But he abandoned his original ideals of never leaving to go to the US to learn more. He actually hated it but at least he met a few friends,
but primarily Ki-Min. He actually hated Ki-Min originally but the idiot actually grew on him, and he found himself even growing a small crush on him. Which died off quite quickly, but it grew into a fondness of the annoying man. Now they are aboard the Zodiac and granted, he hates being trapped on the same ship as the overly affectionate navigator but there's no other person he'd rather be stuck with

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

I couldn’t help it so I threw it all out
I erased all of my emotions
But I couldn’t erase you

(let me free)

Because my heart was too sad

(let me breathe)

I just need to live like this, I just need to breathe
I just need to be alive, why can’t I?
I said it’s okay

Error
✂╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
⌜Navigator⌟

⌜Name⌟ Moon Ki-Min
    ⌜Nicknames⌟ Kiki, minnie
    ⌜Gender⌟ demi-boy
    ⌜S/O⌟ homosexual
    ⌜Age⌟ 25
    ⌜Birthday⌟ May 25

⌜Personality⌟ Ki-Min is an optimistic fun loving man,
    highly outgoing and near overly affectionate toward all his friends.
    He is a performer by nature, zealous in all his actions, he is quite
    flamboyant without being too much. He talks eccentrically with
    his hands. He is extremely outgoing and will talk to nearly
    anyone who is in the vicinity, he loves making people feel
    included and listened to. He just loves people and is
    incredibly good natured. Granted he is prone to getting
    irritated and swiping at his friends with a quick chop to the neck.
    He can't help it when his best friends love to be playfully
    disrespectful and rude, taking advantage of his sweetness,
    of course he has to put them in their place.

⌜Appearance⌟ Not a shortstack by any means as he stands at 5'8.
    He is a slender beauty with deep caramel skin and nearly black eyes.
    He is very partial to eye augmentation for new temporary eye colours.
    His favourite is a bright yellow. Similar to Kongli, he also lacks double
    eyelids and has no urge to get the surgery to get them. However he
    is a classic Korean beauty with plush cherry pink lips.

⌜History⌟ Similar to Kongli, he was an outsider amongst
    a flock of people who disliked him. Not only for his 'dark' skin
    but also his sexuality. He was very clearly into men at a young age
    and his parents refused to tell him to hide it.Which led to his status
    as a liberal, wanting only equality for all. It's not that Kongli does
    not share this thought, it's that he is very quiet about it unlike Ki-Min.
    He also excelled in english studies but he was especially excellent in
    social studies and history. In geography was where he found his love
    for navigation. He can also pilot but the way space tech worked was
    always intriguing to him. When he moved to the US for highschool,
    and later flight school, he found himself surrounded by people who
    loved him and he flourished. He especially doted on his other asiatic
    friends, but none moreso than Kongli. He loved the genius boy like a
    little brother and still does even now

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

together is better

despite their obvious differences and slight animosity [mostly on Kongli's part] they are best friends and would do anything for each other. They are basically brothers despite their different walks of life with Kongli as a Chinese Nationalist and Ki-Min as a Korean Liberal. They met in flight school, and somehow bonded over the complicated mechanics of the navigation technology. Of course Kongli knew how they worked, but not how to use it. And Ki-Min was the complete opposite. They always said that opposites attract. They never knew that it would grow into a close bond.
You can usually find them playfully fighting or defending one another from other people. It's hard growing up where they did and no matter what their differences are, they found their similarities.

Last edited by Choice Starlight on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Choice Starlight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Spaceman. » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Apologies! I haven't had much muse lately (school just started rip), but I'll see about getting my forms up ASAP!!!

Edit: Forms are up :D
.Spaceman.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:31 am

Everybody looks great! Updating the character list.
We still need a few more people before we begin, so hang tight.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loch Ness » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CLU-985
Clue

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Species: Android
Sexuality: Asexual, unsure of romantic orientation

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Education: PhD in Aerospace Engineering and Flight Mechanics
Height: 6'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
/

Clue was a cutting edge development by the world's leading android technicians. She was always designed as a functional human replacement, with as little deviance from humanity as possible. This, of course, put a lot of pressure on her to be perfect at all times. The eyes of the world were always on her to see what she could do. However, her masters soon created an even more perfect android, and she was pushed out of favor no matter how perfect she tried to be. Despite being an android, this has caused her to develop a mild anxiety disorder. She joined the Zodiac's crew at her masters' suggestion. She knew they wanted to get rid of her, but she also knew she was right for the job. Since her skin is made up of individual tiny pixels of light, she can camouflage if she needs to. However, this also means that maintaining her natural skin color takes concentration, and if she is stressed or panicky, blinking lights and glowing lines, her true underpinnings, become visible. Clue is generally pleasant and fairly jovial, but can be quite testy when she isn't sure what to do, because she is terrified of failure. Ironically, her lack of trust in herself has made her even more determined to be perfect.
Loch Ness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jeydon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 pm

That looks great to me, so if Lunar has no complaints, you're accepted! I think we should be ready to start soon.
Jeydon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me