Interest Check for Roleplays [rule update June 2018]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Interest Check for Roleplays [please read the rules]

Postby 200765 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 am

G0LDST4R wrote:
200765 wrote:I'm debating between two ideas and would like your opinions on them. Please tell me your comments, suggestions, preferences, and/or ideas, they will help a lot.

-snip-

The first one isn't very original, no offence. There are tons of roleplays like that out there. It'll probably fare better in the regular fantasy section, as a plot like that would attract less advanced audiences.
The second idea is more interesting, but very similar to the plot of this book.
Anyways, it's completely up to you if you want to create those roleplays or not.

No offense taken. The second one is based off the series Unwind and I thought I stated that somewhere but it turns out that I hadn't. Oops. Thanks for your feedback and I'll take them into consideration if I decide to make a roleplay based off of either one of them!
        x
        x
        x
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        x
        x
        x
        x
        x
        x
        x
        x
it's a wip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

interest check - feedback welcome

Postby azhefa. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 pm

• based off the 'dragonriders of pern'
    series by anne mccaffery
  • reading the series isn't required, as info
    will be provided, but it is encouraged
  • low semi-lit, at least a paragraph per
    character
  • high ranks must be earned by proving
    literacy, lesser ranks are freely given
  • character limit of 2, [may change] not
    including fire lizards or dragons
  • thread won't fall until the hatching ends
  • extra information will be provided to
    elaborate on terms, rankings, and the fire
    lizards as well as dragons and the weather
  • limited spaces, 36 total [18 of either gender]
    • for the males; weyrleader, weyrling
      master, wing leader, 3 wing seconds,
      6 wing fighters, and 6 candidates
    • for the females; weyrwoman, head
      woman, 3 junior goldriders, 7 wing
      fighters, and 6 candidates
    • the head woman may be dragonless
      as like in the book series [debatable]
  • feel free to send me messages about
    the plot and any ideas you may have

• ┌────────────────────────────┐
    The brave men didn′t kill dragons…xxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxx…the brave men rode them․

└────────────────────────────┘
    for centuries, dragons were used in aerial defense against a mindless foreign
    invader that devours any organic material it touches, thread. the vile strands
    are dragged from their home planet when it passes close to pern, the home o
    f the dragonriders. the thread falls everyday for a week every month for near
    ly fifty years until the planets grows out of reach, only to return once more f
    ifty years later. for some reason, in the past two hundred years there hasn't b
    een a single strand of thread. not one sliver. the people of pern rejoiced, thin
    king their enemy was finally gone for good, but they were terribly surprised w
    hen thread started to fall only a few years later. the thread scored pern's surf
    ace and killed many miles of land, but the dragons were still there to keep it
    from killing the planet itself. due to a lack of thread, the number of dragons
    diminished to almost nothing, several weyrs now laying empty. with the retur
    n of their mortal enemy, the golden queens have once again taken flight to m
    ate and bring forth numerous clutches of new dragons. our story starts here,
    will you be able to bond with a hatchling? or will you be left in the shadows?
Last edited by azhefa. on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

assigned.

Postby spencer. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:37 pm

the mortal instruments inspired.
basically oodles of downwrlders are going missing and a group of noodles are assigned to find them. but being different species causes drama drama drama.

will be semi/lit.

limited space.

looking for any interest.

░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░

piece one. a voice recording found on a phone in an ally way.

im angry all the time for no reason at all. i have uncontrollable strength. i smashed a window. i have no idea what is going on around me but my sense do. i can hear things, smell things that are no where near me. im fast. really fast. and hungry. i cant go home. not like this. im afraid i will hurt someone.

how did i get here? hotel dumort. i was walking home from the club and then suddenly i wasnt... im terrified and alone... alone in this room. who knows what lies outside the set of tall wooden doors before me? i cant call anyone there is no service. i dont know what to do. there is blood everywhere. oh god is it mine? how am i alive? what is going on? why am i talking to myself on this stupid recording!?that was loud... someones coming.

*inaudible sound.*

piece two. an entry from a diary recovered from the edge of a drain during a storm.

ive been at the jade wolf for almost as long as i can remember. however i still have vague memories of two beings. two people i loved more then anything. mom and dad. my turning was an accident so i have been told but numerous members of the pack. i would leave but the alpha has ordered me to stay. defying the alpha is a death wish. where would i go anyway? home? where would that even be? would i even be remembered? surely my parents assume me dead.

*water damage has caused the ink to smudge. however there is a few recoverable lines on the last few pages.*

im going to leave ---

i did it. i left. i made it to a cafe in ---

i found my parents, im going to go see them today.

piece three. ctv footage, soundless but pictures speak a thousand words.

black and white footage. time just past midnight. a figure runs into the cameras view as if they were running from someone however no other figure appears. the figure stops and begins to wave their hands around. the mundane technology cannot capture what is going on but to any downworlder it is rather obvious. a nearby car alarm goes off. on the camera it appears it is for not apparent reason but it seems that there is some kind of great force coming from the figure in the picture.

the footage turns to static for approximately thirty seconds. when it returns the figure is gone. just like that.

piece four. a short letter on the back of a charcoal sketch picturing an old church.

i no longer wish to be apart of the shadow world. it isnt that im not strong enough. no, im a mentor to many. i was top of my class. this world is full of lies and deception. i am an honest person. i have put up with this long enough. i wish to live out the remainder of my years as mundane as possible. dont come looking for me. you will never find me.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
spencer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serendipity- » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:48 am

Hello there, I was wondering if there is anyone who would be interested in a semi-lit/literate Star Wars roleplay.

I'd be willing to do about anything Star Wars, especially the time of the Republic or Force Awakens. Star Wars Rebels is the only canon thing I haven't watched yet. We can do completely canon, like a time segment after Force Awakens it could be set directly after the movie, and what follows.

AUs are a possibility. I was thinking of either Force Awakens High School AU, the whole hiding your powers while surviving high school thing. And romance of course. I love the ships in Force Awakens, basically every single one except Stormpilot.
    Reyfinn, Huxlo, Phasux, Reylo... So many possibilities... There's also the Happy Ending AU, which consists of Anakin not becoming Darth Vader and raising their children. But there's still Palpatine forming the Empire, and he has an apprentice thats like the place of Darth Vader *insert OC* (cause I know everyone wants to do that.)

Otherworldly Gaurdians
    Several aliens are assigned to humans that show potential in some way to help aliens. The aliens plan to observe the humans to see if they are worthy to be abducted. When they meet the humans, they are supposed to tell them that they are their Gaurdians from another planet. They are told not to get too attached to their human subjects, but things may change. It's lightly based on the TBS show People of Earth. It's not at all required to see it to get the plot. But it's a great humourus show with deeper meaning that I'd really recommend. I would like it to be semi-lit/literate with limited spaces.

Firefly Summer
    In this semi-lit/literate roleplay, the main protagonist (my character) is a faerie halfling. That means she was switched with a human child for some reason. It starts out seeming like a normal summer for this girl. She's hanging out with her two best friends in a small southern town. One of which has a crush on her. Then one night she and her friends are catching fireflies, and she sees a strange line of them leading into the forest. But it's getting dark, so they all decide to go home. Later that night from her bedroom window, the path of fireflies were still there. So she slips out at night, and that's the last she's seen of. Her friends have a hunch, and explore the forest. They find a portal to a more magical version of the forest. The protagonist has been kidnapped by the faerie queen, who turns out to be her mother. This can be expanded on, and I plan on having some sort of love triangle.

Real Genius
    Have you ever seen the movie from the 80s called Real Genius? It's really great, and I wanted to do a roleplay about it but with OCs! It's about teenage geniuses who get to go to a physics college early if the work on a laser for a science tv personality egomaniac. They have no clue that this laser is going to be used by the government to kill human targets without a trace. So the youngest and newest member is real serious, so his dorm tries to lighten him up, and they have crazy fun, like turning their dorm's hall in this ice skating rink. But after they do make the laser, they get a hunch about what it's supposed to be for, and now they have to stop the government from getting it. We follow along the movie's plot but with our characters and maybe some minor plot changes. So it would be helpful to watch the movie but that's not completely necessary.

Last edited by serendipity- on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
serendipity-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EcoLaserBuilder » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:19 am

This is less of an interest check, more like an idea. I haven't seen it done before, but it have have been

It's like a Multifandom RP but each character has to be some kind of AU character, and I am not (just) talking about all the Undertale AUs. AUs like Fantasy, Robot, Humanized, High School, War time, Crucial backstory element never happened etc. A restriction of 1 Character would probably be in order (So no two AUs of the same character allowed) to keep it fresh. Just an idea, I would like to see if someone tries it, maybe I'll join.
Image Image Image Image ImageImage
EcoLaserBuilder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr.Wizard » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:31 pm

I wonder if people are up for a, murder mystery roleplay. The plot can be considered generic like a small party trapped in a mansion or train. I'm not sure how the murders will work but I suppose a simple undescriptive stab will not break any rules. Also would premade characters be a good idea for interwoven back stories or just let them all be strangers? This sort of thing is detailed oriented so it would probably be semi lit and up. Pm's would get used a lot for schemes and silently judging others. Tell me what you guys think
Dr.Wizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThaliaGrace » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:36 am

What do you guys think of a Throne of Glass roleplay? Any interest?

xxxxxxxxxxx
"Imagination is the only weapon in
the war against reality"

Queer
She/her/hers
American

"Or perhaps in Slytherin; You'll make your real friends; These cunning folks use any means; To achieve their ends."
xxxxxxxxxxx
ThaliaGrace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:00 pm

A Horse Ranch RPs where people are invited out to it, only as a mystery and fantasy. The ranch has existed for decades and is built on the ruins of a castle, encorporating parts of the ruins in the building. The stable is completely up to date, just the house the students and instructors share contains parts of the ruins. The owner is rarely seen but is considered extremely strange as rumors say he is constantly wearing knight armour and no one has seen his face. The first day the students are assigned a roommate and a horse, given a book that tells them how to care for a horse but the last chapter is blank other than some hand written words. The first night the students think they've gone insane as they see a man in the sky on a horse made of flames and shadow.

From there the RP operates as a mystery and normal ranch RP but at some point an event is triggered as the horses that look normal are actually mythical horses but require a rider to actually have their powers and the rider must prove themselves. The RP itself would remain mystery orientated with the existence of magic just drawing more questions than answers but allows for a lot more creative plots as there are no limitations in what can happen.

No one but those playing instructors would be allowed to play their own horse if they wanted to. Even then instructors are limited and only get to play their own horse because they have more information than others.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colorfulcat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:15 am

@Dracowolf - sounds cool, I'd probably join! ^^

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Not all those who wander are lost
╚══════════════════════════════╝

ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════╗
Save Our Earth ❥❥❥ Our One and Only

╚═════════════════════════╝

Colorfulcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kleinerdrache » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:57 am

I'm thinking about a Lit+ Harry Potter Roleplay, but set a bit into the future. Where wizards have figured out how to use magic with muggle technology, with a new evil villain (along the lines of Voldemort, Grindelwald, etc) that they're working to defeat. I don't know if the base premise sounds interesting to anyone, but if it does, please do let me know.
----
Hi, I'm KD. I'm a software engineer that likes reading books and playing video games
Send me trades or messages anytime! ^^
----

kleinerdrache

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me