A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Discussion/Characters)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Discussion/Characte

Postby Rae'tia » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:58 am

Hmm okay then, I'll just make note of what she's not terribly good at then?
Like her fear of fire makes it hard to control magic related to fire sort of thing.

Ceolmund is also done! <3
Going to work on Eldrid next!
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:00 pm

That's alright, looking good for both!

Looks like we're waiting for another form and then one or two more roles to be taken. I was hoping we'd get one of the Crown Prince, Princess or Ward before we start, but they (and the other servants) can be NPCs until they have a player if they aren't filled by the time we start.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:35 pm

Full Name: Valour Mellor
Nickname: Valour
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexuality: Straight
Role: The Visiting Knight
Appearance: See image

Personality: Valour is a knight who has a drive to win any fight, no matter what cost. He is willing to cheat even in official tournaments to win, and he is ruthless in his methods, even going as far as to risk killing his opponents if need be. He dislikes people who wish to stand in his way, but is very willing to trust and work with those who also have nefarious goals, however he's also willing to kill anyone who may pose as a threat to revealing his secret. He will also act like a noble knight in public, especially in front of royalty to make sure he can gain, and hopefully keep their trust.

Short Bio: Valour likes to travel from kingdom to kingdom, participating in official tournaments they hold, winning them no matter what and then fleeing when he suspects people start figuring out what's up. During one of these visits, he paid a greedy blacksmith to give him a shield with three snakes on it, however this shield was to be enchanted with a spell that would let the holder control the snakes, allowing them to come out of the shield and bite their opponent with a paralysing venom before quickly retreating. After retrieving the shield he killed the blacksmith to keep his shield's secret safe, and he continued to keep travelling, looking for tournaments to win. He also used to be a knight for the Griswold's, which he uses to travel to kingdoms without suspicion.

Other: Despite having an enchanted shield, he doesn't possess actual magic of his own.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:12 am

Full Name: Yvette Aurifort
Nickname: Vette
Pronouns: She/her
Sexuality: Asexual Aromantic
Role: The Visiting Servant
Appearance: Yvette stands at an even 6 feet tall, with a lithe, muscular build. Every aspect of her appearance is precisely and carefully maintained, from her immaculate curtain of jet black box-braided hair to her flawless, dark brown skin. Her face is a perpetual mask, a near-permanent neutral expression, with sharp, ice-blue eyes that seem to pierce through whatever falls under their gaze. She carries herself with perfect composure, prim and upright at all times, her every move and motion calculated and deliberate. She's rarely seen outside of her servant's uniform, a simple black dress with silver inlay that's as flawless and immaculate as everything else about her, but underneath it her body is riddled with scars.

Personality: Yvette's personality is as precise and calculated as her appearance. She is demure, reserved, and proper, speaking when spoken to and not much otherwise. When she does speak, she's polite, knowledgeable, and insightful, seemingly educated on a wide variety of topics and trained in a wide array of skills. She appears utterly devoted to the Griswold family, to the point that it's almost impossible to conceive of her beyond her role. She doesn't seem to have any interests, likes, dislikes, or anything outside her job. Her one hobby is her collection of rare and exotic insects, carefully curated and maintained in her room at the castle.

Short Bio: Not much is known of Yvette's origins. Her deep brown skin and bright blue eyes mark her as a native of Olifant, a nation to the south notable for being one of the few nations that still allows the open practice of magic, as well as one of Isildra's bitter enemies. Yvette claims to have never seen her birthplace, however, having been raised in the kingdom all her life by parents who adopted her at a young age. She entered the service of the Griswold family at the age of eighteen, shortly after the deaths of her adopted parents, and has served them faithfully ever since. Some in court have raised their doubts about her closeness to the royal family, given both her heritage and the fact that she doesn't appear to have any close relatives beyond her conveniently deceased adoptive parents, but her stellar work ethic and unquestioning loyalty have put her beyond reproach to even the most hardened skeptics.

Other: Yvette is incredibly skilled at magic, though she keeps her gift hidden at all times, even to her masters. She specializes particularly in illusions and transmutative magics, though she's still accomplished with most any spell.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:32 pm

FC:
Ben Whishaw (I love him too much)
But different hair and eye color

Full Name:
Ash Frost Wolfe (Beaumont?)
Nickname:
Ashy, sometimes Frost
Pronouns:
He/him
Sexuality:
Homosexual
Role:
The Ward
Appearance:
Put an FC but I'll do a small description anyway.
He has a good amount of clothes, mostly seeming to be in blues and purples. He likes to show off a bit of skin sometimes. He also has fingerless gloves, and riding boots. His hair is curly and gray looking since its ash blonde in color. His eyes are a gray color as well, making them match his hair. He's cute and a bit handsome, and has tan skin. He also has a pendant as well as a rosary he seems to have gotten from his original family. He always keeps these with him.

Personality:
Ash is a sweet, gentle, kind and caring type of guy. He's calm, cool, collected, and level headed usually. He's loyal, protective to an extent though also innocent enough others want to protect him, and loving. He's playful, loves water and animals, bookish, and an artist. He likes to cuddle and take naps. He also is good at riding, and a good swimmer. However, he's stubborn, hard headed, wild and loud at times. He can be shy, nervous, anxious at times as well as jumpy. If there's a fight and it gets bad, he may run away even though it has nothing to do with him. He's afraid of fire and thunder...and bees and sudden movements. He's aloof if irritated and withdrawn if upset. He's also headshy, too quiet at times, doesn't always listen, and can be too talkative too.

Short Bio:
Ash was born twenty six years ago to wonderful parents. However, when he was ten years of age something happened...He doesn't really like to talk much about his past. He was taken in by Eadric when he was about ten years old. He tries not to think of anything else before that time. He loves the man like a father, and sees the prince and princess as his siblings. He was raised well and has a good enough life. Though he is becoming worried that he may actually have magic...

Other:
He was allowed to have a kitten and dog. He also sometimes has panic attacks...
His personal favorite horse is a black horse named Blackberry.
He may or may not have magic.
Crush on Azu maybe, and definitely Alistair.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:42 pm

FC:
Molly Quinn (but different eye color and such)

Full Name:
Jessabel Rose Keemer
Nickname:
Jessa
Pronouns:
she/her
Sexuality:
Demi pan
Role:
The Groom
Appearance:
beauty with nice enough lips and nails even for a groom. She has long wavy dark reddish hair and big brown eyes. She has beautiful lashes as well, and is truly pretty though doesn't seem to believe so. She wears riding boots since she works around horses and the barn. She also has some gloves and fingerless gloves. She has pants as well as white, gray, purple and blue shirts. She has other shoes when she's outside of the barn, not working. She also has lighter skin.

Personality:
Jessa is sweet, gentle, kind and caring. She's an animal and music lover, liking to hum anyway, but she won't really sing aloud. She takes her duties seriously, and tries her hardest. She's also a shoulder to lean on, usually listens to others, is a bit maternal, and likes water. However, she's shy, nervous, anxious, and a bit fiery. She's stubborn, hard headed, wild and loud at times. She's jumpy, headshy, scared of thunder and bees. She's too quiet or talkative at times, doesn't always listen, and withdrawn if upset.

Other:
There are cats in the barn, and she's befriended them.
She also has her own dog, Swift, and her favorite horse is named Flash.
She becomes like a child when sick.
She may have a type of feeling for Vivienne.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firelight_AA » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:17 pm

I can see Kay and Ash getting along really well. What a cinnamon roll.
I have Autism more specifically Asperger's so please go easy on me if I'm not posting.
I have a Toyhouse now! https://toyhou.se/Firelight_folf
Image Orange Glow
Firelight_AA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:30 pm

XD thank you
I hope my two get accepted
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:15 pm

I... um. So I'm willing to talk relos with accepted characters.

Ceolmund wouldn't be very openly fond of more than a select few.
ie his daughter, Eadric, and maybe Eadric's children + Ward. But
maybe a few less formal relationships, in private from those not
listed above? Possibly with the Visiting Servant - whoever gets the
part - and one or two others as well. He may or may not lowkey
casually flirt with pretty much everyone. PM me for particulars.

Eldrid's a little more complicated, and I'm not a hundred percent
on all her possible relos atm. So again, PM me for particulars.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:06 pm

@InfectedHau - Accepted!

@SpiritStar3 - Ash is accepted, but the Visiting Servant role was already reserved by InfectedHau. There's a couple of other servant roles if you'd like to take one of those instead. As for the Groom role, I'm not fussed as to the gender of the character that has it.

@everyone - Looking good everyone! If anyone would like to discuss relations with my characters as well, feel free to message. I have work later today (yippee late shift) so I'll write up the starting post when I get back from that.

Also if anyone would like to play the Newcomer or Crown Prince 👀 they are still open (though I might bend my own rule to play the Newcomer if I feel up for 4 characters).
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me