❆ Snowed In ❆ Gray Wolf x Sled Dog RP [Accepting]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

❆ Snowed In ❆ Gray Wolf x Sled Dog RP [Accepting]

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:08 am

A Semi-Lit Gray Wolf x Sled Dog Roleplay

indentationIn the wilds of Canada, snow fell in such heavy sheets that it felt smothering to breathe in. Black Mountain Pack’s patrol had only one last circuit of their territory before they could head into the blessed shelter of camp. They never fathomed they would lay eyes on the wreckage of a fresh avalanche. Amongst the debris of splintered pine and overturned earth there was a sight completely alien to them: a team of dogs, still harnessed, but pinned in place due to their sled being completely buried. What were the wolves to do? They could not hesitate or risk becoming trapped in the elements themselves. Much to the dogs’ shock—the wolves used fang and claw to free the team and usher them back to camp. Their actions, right or wrong, were irreversible. The blizzard, and its deadly cold, closed in behind them. Wolves and dogs alike would have no choice but to share space, until the snowstorms pass, inside the interconnected cave system of Black Mountain Pack's camp.

indentationIf you are interested in joining please post a complete character form in the Discussion & Forms Thread or reserve your spot

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

Black Mountain Pack

Alpha Male: Kallik -- 3.5 years -- M -- played by BlueEyedKite

Alpha Female: Reserved for Kallik's mate

Beta Male:

Beta Female:

Lead Hunter:

Hunters:

Lead Scout:

Scouts:

Pups:

Omegas:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSled Dog Team

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLead Dogs (1 of 2): Mahli -- 5 years -- F -- played by avicularia

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSwing Dogs (2 of 2):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTeam Dogs (6 of 6):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWheel Dogs (1 of 2): Venture -- 3 years -- F -- played by BlueEyedKite

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Gif from here
Font from here
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:40 am, edited 11 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ Rules ❆

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:11 am

1. All CS Roleplay Rules apply.

2. Three characters max to start.

3. Up to two of your characters can be sled dogs.

4. Only one of your characters can be a high rank.
4.b High ranks are classified as: Beta, Lead Hunter, Lead Scout, and Lead Dog

5. Alpha Female is reserved for Alpha Male’s mate, chosen through roleplay

6. There are no healers. The stakes are high so avoid violence/injury!

7. Dog breeds allowed: Siberian Husky, Alaskan Husky, Alaskan Malamute, Canadian Eskimo Dog, Samoyed, or a mix of those

8. Cisgender characters only please

9. No orphan pups or expecting mothers (wolves have pups in the Spring)

10. This is semi-literate. Let's shoot for hefty paragraphs

11. Do not control anyone else's character. This is godmodding and isn't tolerated

12. Realistic appearances and behaviors. Questions always welcome

13. Plot Twists and drama are both welcome but discuss with everyone before implementing

14. Drama/Romance between wolves and dogs is encouraged but should build realistically

15. Be open with how often you can reply. If you will be gone for an extended time let us know

16. This is a roleplay that thrives with discussion. Be prepared to participate in plot planning

17. We respect all ideas. Do not put anyone down for their input

18. Reservations last for 24 hours. Let’s get the ball rolling shall we

19. Disable signatures in the Roleplay Thread

20. All forms and chat belong in the Discussion & Forms Thread

21. I want this RP active so I may ask you to interact with others or to move your character to where the action is

22. I reserve the right to add more rules, as if there aren’t enough hah

If you have any issues at all PM me!
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ Pack Rules / Way of the Wolf ❆

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:16 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Alphas' instructions are final

xxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Alpha pair are always mates

xxxxxxxxxxxxxRespect higher ranks

xxxxxxxxxxxxxMutiny against the Alphas can mean exile from the pack

xxxxxxxxxxxxxFighting is a last resort. We are not cruel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxBetas take over in the Alphas' absence

xxxxxxxxxxxxxAlphas, pups, then elders eat first then the pack partakes. Omegas are last

xxxxxxxxxxxxxOmegas are not to be bullied. Punishment is left to Alphas

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

❆ Body language is important. Ears and tail up for dominance. Ears and tail down for submission.

❆ Growls, snarls, baring teeth are used as discipline tools to prevent bloodshed.

❆ Grooming is a signal of affection whether platonic or romantic.

❆ Omega is the role given to a pack member who is being punished for a severe infraction. This wolf can gain a promotion by earning the trust of the higher ranks.

❆ Alphas host pack meetings every morning.

❆ Meal times are sunrise and sunset.

❆ Group howl when final patrol arrives back at camp. Started by Lead Scout. It's comradery but serves as a head count also.

❆ Scouts oversee patrol. There is a territory patrol every morning, midday, and evening (weather permitting).

❆ Hunters oversee meal time. They are responsible for the food stores and how the food is divvied up.

❆ Pups begin their future rank training at 6 months. Training is complete when all higher ranks agree the pup has learned adequately to fulfill their role.

❆ Beta, Lead Hunter, and Lead Scout train the pups for their individual role.

❆ Alpha pups are not automatic successors. The Beta role is the wolf with the most potential to lead.
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ Sled Dog Way/Sled Dog Roles ❆

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:18 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxLead Dogs speak for the team, but every teammate has a say

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxTeam before self

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxGive your all in training

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll roles are respected

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxLookout for your teammate

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxNo dog is left behind

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

Lead Dogs
They are the two dogs in front. They steer the team. They set the pace. Lead Dogs have highest authority among all the roles. They are considered the voice of the team and their opinion is highly respected. Lead Dogs have qualities that make the other dogs want to follow them. They take initiative, they have great instincts, and tend to be charismatic.

Swing Dogs
They are the pair behind the Lead Dogs. They swing the sled when the team needs to turn. Swing Dogs should be in sync with the Lead Dogs. They should be trustworthy so the rest of the dogs will follow their cue. They are the bridge between the Lead Dogs and the rest of the team. Lead Dogs and Swing Dogs should have a close relationship.

Team Dogs
The powerhouse of the sled team. These six dogs are responsible for keeping the entire team moving. Your strongest dogs you want in the Team Dog position. These dogs should all have a close-knit relationship with one another.

Wheel Dogs
Wheel Dogs are the pair at the end of the team. It’s a misconception that they need to be the biggest dogs. Wheel Dogs need to be agile, as they must avoid tangling in the main lines when the sled is turning. These dogs tend to be calm, steady under pressure, and graceful.
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ Territory ❆ [ DO NOT POST]

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:20 am

xxxImage

Camp Entrance
The Entryway into Black Mountain Pack's camp is quite narrow. The opening is wide enough for two wolves to enter shoulder to shoulder at most. During the Spring and Summer crawling vines hang down to obscure the opening. In the Fall and Winter the process of piling prey just inside the camp entrance begins. The prey is first buried under the ground and as winter storms roll through the hidden prey is covered under an additional layer of snow. The pack is snowed in every winter and they prep in advance by stockpiling prey. As much as possible is preserved by the chill of the snow. Pack members don't linger here as the ceiling is low compared to the rest of camp.

Community Den
The first large cave is the community den site. It is relatively warm as its location is away from any cold drafts. There is no dripping water, so no worry about waking up to a damp coat. With no trickling water there are no hanging stalactites looming overhead. Both are sound enough reasons for the pack to call this cave the destination for sleep. Everyone beds down in worn grooves in the rocky floor and along a stone shelf. There is definitely an unspoken designation of where ranks sleep. Mothers and pups are in the far back left, elders towards the center, main pack along the wall, and the alpha has a den at the top of the stone shelf.

Sharing Stones
This cave was once the location of the pack dens. Long ago, a cave in left a sizable hole in the ceiling. It’s too exposed to the elements, especially in the winter, to make a good place to sleep. Accumulated rainfall has formed a moat around a mountain of rock. Believe it or not, this rocky island was once the cave ceiling. There are fallen rocks that make stepping stones should a wolf want to reach the inner rocks. Occasionally a pack member will stray here for solitude or a secluded conversation. There is an unspoken agreement among the pack that wolves who visit this cave should be given privacy. If the center rocks are too slippery from rain or too cold from snow wolves may simply walk the shoreline.

Fang Pool
This cave houses the pack's water source. Runoff traveling down from the mountain's peak seeps down the cracks and crevices of the mountain to pool here. The water is simply stunning, glowing an azure blue thanks to sunlight let in through underwater openings. It is named Fang Pool for the buildup of minerals that form jagged columns, stalagmites and stalactites, throughout this cave. The rocks resemble teeth and should be navigated with care when seeking a drink. On occasion the rocks break off and can injure a wolf who is not wary. Aside from satisfying thirst, the pack also enjoys a swim or tries to unsuccessfully hunt the pool trout.

Secret Meadow
Through a narrow passageway, that at lowest points you must crawl on your belly, and out the other side is the only access to outside besides the Camp Entrance. The Secret Meadow is a small grassy expanse enclosed by sheer rock walls of the Black Mountain itself. You will find no large prey hidden behind the few birch and pine trees. The only game are woodland birds, field mice, wild hare, and red furred tree squirrels. A modest stream snakes through the tallgrass and is a popular spot to hunt for the small prey. When food runs low the pack can get by with the creatures found here. Sometimes it is peaceful to feel grass under the paws and see the sway of tree branches after so long padding on hard stone.

Crystal Cavern
This cave has the highest ceiling of any area. To look up is to see a swath of sparkling crystals. Their colors ranges in hue from a glowing seafoam green to a vibrant cobalt blue. There are open crevices above, for outside light pours in and reflects off the magnificent gems. This is a popular spot to pass the time. The crystals are solid as stone with no danger of breaking off. With such a sturdy foundation, the pack enjoys scaling the crystals to reach the precipice. At the top there is a gap in the ceiling to stargaze. Truly this cave is a sight to behold.

Forbidden Tunnel
The furthest passageway is called the Forbidden Tunnel. Although the corridor is large enough for curious wolves to travel through, the alphas have expressly denied any wolf entry. There is a story told in warning to pups that the walls are weak and prone to cave in. It’s not safe to linger here. Still, if you get close these is a curious noise echoing through the tunnel. An eerie sound that resembles an endless moaning cry and causes the hairs to stand on end. What could be at the other end of such a passageway?

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Map made by myself in Inkarnate Premium
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me