☀ breath (medieval dogs / open!)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

☀ breath (medieval dogs / open!)

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:43 am

just step back and...
The year is 1437. The world is ruled by the King and Queen, filled with knights, armor-smiths, apothecaries,
bakers, peasants and so much more. This world, alongside humans, is also full of their beloved canine
companions. The King and Queen have their dogs, the princes and princess' have theirs, even a few of the
peasants have dogs. For the most part these dogs are free to meander this world as they see please, a
select few have jobs which they thrive at - the hunting dogs, the guard dogs, or the herding dogs. Even
these dogs are free from time to time and with that freedom comes interaction. Down by the river,
within the courtyards, or even in the castle's halls. Drama within the canine world is to be expected but at
the same time so is love, friendship and trust. Sometimes, though, that trust is broken...
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ rules

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:46 am

☀ this is a remake of an old roleplay I ran back in 2017. it's very relaxed and
simply a slice of life thread. feel free to start any drama you like here.
☀ nick & tess' rules here!
☀ this is semi-lit so please try and write a good solid paragraph each post, per character.
writer's block is acceptable just don't use it as an excuse too often.
☀ I know this is medieval times but I don't care what breed your dogs are, anything goes.
just try to not have seven German shepherds, four Australian shepherds and ten huskys.
you know?
☀ this is going to be always accepting and there won't be ranks - your dog is just "classified"
by their owners. ex: the prince's hound or the baker's dogs. this will mean the hunting
dogs will all know each other pretty well.
☀ no signatures on this thread please! feel free to show them off in the discussion thread.
☀ keep all ooc & forms on the discussion thread.
☀ try and keep posts at a size 85 or normal and don't use any crazy font colors - if they're
easily seen it's fine, no biggie.
☀ I do this for all my threads because I'm obsessed but please include tags in your posts
so that others can easily find who is talking to who.
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ the cast

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:48 am

♂/♀ name / age / owner / breed / user
♂ - 5 | ♀ - 6

ember / 4 years / royal hunter / english setter / ossa di cervo
hudson / 7 years / royal knight / shepherd mix / avicularia
dakota / 5 years / knight / groenendael / iceland.
cassian / 1 year / shepherd / australian cattle dog / avicularia
finn / 1 year / prince / australian cattle dog / ossa di cervo
aldrick / 2 years / royal knight / belgian malinois / Furrydogs12
cali / 1 year / peasant / mutt / Furrydogs12
rosaline / 4 years / queen / poodle / Furrydogs12
dove / 3 years / blacksmith / rottweiler mix / avicularia
fiona / 4 years / noble lady / australian cattle dog / LunaClaw
toast / 6 months / jester / corgi / LunaClaw
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ relations

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:51 am

name ❀ name
      _ has a crush on _

name ♥ name
      _ and _ are mates

name ✧ name
      _ and _ are siblings

name ϟ name
      _ and _ are enemies
cassian ✧ finn
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ reserved

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:51 am

reserved just in case
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ember & finn

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:52 am

🟄 ember
      location; roaming town 🟄 tags ; open
      Ember's morning began slow - breakfast in the kennels, a small jog with the pack. Nothing really stood out to her this particular morning. The master took the whole pack out for a practice hunting drill, but Ember stood to the back, stoic and watching, critiquing each and every one of her companions. The master knew her well enough to know that while she sat to the corner, Ember only had to be run once. When it was her turn she proved exactly why it was that she was allowed to hang back and not partake in every exercise. She finished quickly and accurately. Pleased with the day's outcome, the master let the dogs loose to the field so they could roam and stretch their legs. Ember, however, got to visit the town. The man let her out of the gate with a small pat on the head to which she wagged her tail in response then quickly trotted away. She moved through town, knowing exactly where she wanted to go. In the middle of town was a small fountain - one of her favorite spots to sit and people watch. She arrived quickly and hopped onto the edge of the fountain, laying down with her front legs crossed. The setter listened as people moved about, watched as dogs began to fill the streets and simply listened.

🟄 finn
      location; headed to visit cass 🟄 tags ; open
      Finn woke on his boy's bed, snuggled up against the young prince, paws in the air. The prince chuckled as he also woke, scratched at Finn's belly and then sat up, "Wanna go get some cookies, Finn?" Within a heartbeat the brute was on his paws, tail wagging high while his chest was planted on the bed. The boy laughed, "Okay, okay, let's go then." Go?! Finn leapt from the bed, dancing on his hind legs near the prince's bedroom door. He did a tight circle and let out small bark. The prince, still attempting to get dressed, messed up his already messy hair and walked to the dog, "I know, I know, but can you sit?" the brute instantly sat, staring intently at the prince, "What about..." the prince looked around the room, "Get your horse?" Finn sprinted across the room, throwing himself aggressively under the prince's bed and then wiggled out with a stuffed horse in his jaws. He sprinted back to his feet and dropped the toy, "Good boy!" the prince praised - Finn's favorite name. He cracked the door open and before it was even wide enough to fit threw, Finn rushed out and sprinted down the hall, down the set of elegant stairs and laid outside the kitchen's doors. As always, his boy was far behind him, and Finn began his routine. He barked... and barked again... and barked again. Until finally he saw the young man at the end of the hall, jogging toward him, "Calm down, Finn, you know they hate it when you do that." Did Finn care? Absolutely not. They went into the kitchen where the boy enjoyed his breakfast and Finn his - an array of sausages, eggs, carrots, chicken, a bit of ham, and his absolute favorite, two strawberries. The dog licked his lips as he finished, looking back up at his human. He tilted his head, waiting for what he knew would come to him. The boy smirked and tossed a small piece of banana into the air and Finn bounced up and caught it as it soared. "Can someone let Finn out, I think he's done here." The boy patted Finn's head, called him GoodBoy one more time and then one of the cooks opened the door that led outside for the cattle dog. Finn took a deep breath as he walked away from the castle, the taste of his breakfast still on his tongue. One more lick on his lips and the brute set off at a sprint.

"I wonder what Cassian is up to." he mused to himself as he sprinted through town. A few of the townsfolk skittered out of his way, knowing fully well that that dog had no manners.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dakota

Postby iceland. » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:09 pm

D A K O T
- knight- female - located in market - feeling relaxed- tags; open
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

xxxxxDakota awoke with the sun, much like her owner. The young knight whom she called a friend had an early morning patrol and like always, Dakota decided she would patrol with him. With a sigh she roused herself from the blanket, the morning chill sending a shiver down her spine as the warmth of sleep was carried away. Her ears perked when her owner mumbled a groggy good morning to her before setting down her breakfast. Finishing the meal quickly Dakota sat down, waiting for the knight to be ready. Being a lower-level knight his housing accommodations were smaller than that of royal knights but it didn't bother Dakota. There was a warm hearth and the walls kept the wind and rain outside. It was a place to call home. Her thoughts were interrupted when the man's voice asked if she was ready. With a bark of affirmation, they headed outside.
      Early mornings were always Dakota's favorites, everything was cast in a pastel hue, and things were quiet and just beginning to stir. With an inhale of crisp morning air Dakota ran ahead of her owner, sniffing the air for anything amuck as they headed towards the woods at the edge of town. Sniffing didn't yield much, a few deer and a fox had passed through the outskirts overnight but nothing strange. Satisfied things seemed normal here she gave a bark to her owner before the pair moved on. As they continued their path Dakota could hear in the distance the setter pack of one of the royal hunters. She knew Ember must be there with them, overseeing their morning drills. The pair of them certainly weren't close friends, but acquaintances seemed too weak of a word. Dakota held immense respect for the female and her dedication to her job. Knowing nothing slipped past the female Dakota signaled to her owner once more that things were normal. As the patrol came to an end the knight bid Dakota goodbye as he went to train and spare with the other knights. That left the Groenendael to preceded with the day however she wished. Turning away Dakota swiftly made her way through the streets, aware of her surroundings and keeping an eye on the growing bustle of people. She made her way to the market district where servants of wealthy noblemen were making their morning purchases of eggs and meats for breakfast. The smell alone made Dakota's mouth water but she ignored it, instead moving towards a small alley and sitting watching the morning market unfold.
iceland.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cassian & Hudson

Postby avicularia » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:55 pm

CASSIAN
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

male || one year old || tagged; ember

Another sigh escaped his lips. He'd been up for hours, long before the sun rose or the rooster crowed, and he was exhausted. Muddy, wet, and rather smelly, Cassian had picked a somewhat dry spot to lay in briefly, keeping his eyes on the calmly grazing flock. Today, of all days, his owner had picked to run drills with the dogs, wanting to make sure they were prepared for moving the sheep into the next pasture.

And they were, as they had proved time and time again. Finally, the one word he'd been listening for all morning. "Break!" Cassian collapsed on his bed of grass, sinking his head into the clover while panting hard. It felt like a year's worth of work crammed into five hours. His muscles screamed and his heart barreled on in his chest, convinced there was more to be done. But there wasn't for now, and it soon slowed, allowing the young dog to once more rise on four tired feet.

Not wanting to be around if the farmer changed his mind, Cassian slipped under the fence and meandered away from the fields full of their sheep. If Cassian hadn't known what life could be, he might not have minded sleeping under the stars with loud baas waking him up every few minutes. Instead, his brother had been chosen by the snobby little prince, leaving Cass with a deep yearning for something better.

He trotted into town, covered in his filth, and headed for the center. There he found it. The cleanest of all water, far fresher than the mucky ponds dotting his farm. A beautiful fountain. Its water was music to his ears. Gracefully, he leapt over the small wall and landed in the ripples, rolling in the shallow water, his filth becoming the fountain's. He didn't even notice the dog reclining across its border.

HUDSON
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

male || seven years old || tagged; ember, dakota

Blurry eyes blinked slowly, regarding the world in a tired haze. The dusty dog they belonged to rose off the floor, disturbed from the light let in by a single square window a few feet above his head. Yawning, he moved into the adjoining room where he found his owner preparing for the day. Hudson waited patiently for this unique ritual to conclude, sitting while he watched eggs and ham being tipped into his bowl.

"Go ahead." The voice was stern and authoritative, but Hudson knew this was love just the same. He ate his breakfast before the two walked out the door together, Hudson heeling to his left without having to be told.

Only a few weeks before, this new routine had started. It had taken them a long time to live such a luxurious life, and they both had the stories to prove it. Recently, his owner was offered a promotion by the king, to which he of course accepted. It came with a pay raise and a large house stationed at the castle's outer edge. It meant a longer walk to work, more area to patrol, and a much comfier place to lay their heads at night.

They neared the center of town, passing by the fountain where he caught sight of a dog laying on its edge. He tipped his muzzle to her in greeting as he passed, sticking tight to his owner's heels. It was important to keep up appearances in order to get the latest news or gossip about what might be occurring throughout the town. It often led him to tracking down criminals and earning praise from his owner, one of his favorite things. His tail wagged with the thought.

"Patrol," the voice above him commanded as they neared the king's castle. Hudson immediately broke from his place at the man's heels, dashing away from the castle and back into town. He slowed on the cobblestone streets, letting his nose carry him to the market, licking his lips as he entered. He knew he could only look, but he often sat imaging stealing a chicken and feasting on it. His breakfast had left him wanting. Shaking his head and trying to get the colorful image out of his head, he turned away from it all, wanting to use an alley to get back to the town's center faster. Instead, he came face to face with a familiar Groenendael.

"D-Dakota," he stuttered out, taking a step back. It was supposed to be a greeting, but was made awkward by the silence that followed and his staring eyes.
avicularia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ember

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:35 am

🟄 ember
      location; fountain in town 🟄 tags ; hudson, cassian
      Ember felt her body lengthen as she basked in the warm sun, enjoying the warmth of the stones under her belly. She watched as children came out to play, parents trying their best to keep them in check. Dogs can and went, passing by in silence, some yapping along. A few people approached Ember, familiar with the royal huntress and scratched at her ears, to which she leaned ever so slightly into. Getting to pet Ember was a priviledge, after all, why not share her glory every once in a while?

She watched as a knight passed, Hudson sticking diligently to his heels. The brute tipped his muzzle to her to which the fae replied with a gentle nod in return. Ember respected the knight's dogs as they kept the whole place safe. No one deserved her respect as much as that lot. Hudson was well known among the knights, especially since his owner just received a prestigious promotion. The two vanished from her sight and Ember went back to her people watching.

It only took but a few moments for her peace to be disturbed, however, as the smell of sheep dung and farmland to hit her nose. She curled her lip slightly, agitated by whomever had brought such a smell to her relaxing, safe space. A heeler breached the fountain walls and rolled in the water, turning it's beautiful water to a murky, brown swamp. The fae stood and snapped, "Excuse you!" she snarled. How dare he?!

Ember stood atop the wall, glaring down at the dog in the fountain, "I'm assuming you come from a nearby farm - the stench on your pelt sold you out before you even set foot inside the fountain." Her upper lip was pulled back to show her teeth as she waited for response.

🟄 finn
      location; headed to visit cass 🟄 tags ; open
      last post
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Aldrick(1), Rosaline(1), and Cali(1)

Postby Furrydogs12 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:24 am

𝘼𝙡𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙠 !
-----------------------------

male-royal knight's dog-two years old-belgian malinois-tags:open
Before the sun rose, one canine was already up. To Aldrik, early wakings weren't uncommon. He usually rose a few hours before the sun did, believing that time could be utilized to put in extra training and work. The malinois was a hard worker, much like his owner. Aldrick believed that is the sun was up before you were, you were already too late.

Staying glued to his handler's side, Aldrick was alert and focused. He had a job to do, and was prepared for any command at any time. He could be woken by a command at the dead of night and he would obey, no questions asked. His tail didn't wag, he was focused, and wagging his tail could cause himself distraction. His ears swiveled, trying to detect if there was anything out of the ordinary. At the sound of a sword being pulled out of its sheath alongside with the command, "Seize!" had Aldrick launching forward immediately and swiftly biting the hand of the sword wielder, causing the attacker's hand to go slack and the sword clattering to the ground. He waited for his handler to have control of the attacker before backing up, never taking his eyes off his target. The canine was alert and ready for a subtle movement to signal that the prisoner was going to make it difficult, to bark a warning. When none came, Aldrick still didn't let his guaard down. Only at the words, "All good" did he loosen his stance and trot back to his owner's side.

𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 !

female-queen's dog-four years old-poodle-tags:open
A gentle voice flowed into Rosaline's ears paired with a gentle stroke on the back, woke her from her slumber. Rosaline lifted her head to see the face of her mistress, the queen. She nuzzled her check with her nose, giving a soft bark to greet her. After a few strokes on the head and under her ears, the jet black canine jumped off her cushioned king sized bed and followed her owner out to eat breakfast. The canine wore a pastel purple nightgown, one that she slept in the night before. She held her head high, and kept her posture tall as the two walked. Once reaching the main dinning hall, the poodle made her way to her designated seat and hopped up. No sooner then she did that a bowl was placed in front of her. She began to eat, going slowly and being careful not to get any on her face. This morning was a dog safe pastry, which she found delicious, as she loved the chef's cooking very much. Yes, the girl did have her own private chef. Did she brag about it though? No. She did always have the chef give the extras and leftovers to the messenger boy to give away to the townsfolk. She wasn't selfish as many thought she was.

As she was just enjoying her meal, a loud and consistent barking and loud paw steps rang from the prince's room. Rosaline was disgusted, it was that crazy teen again. She barked her displeasure, "Learn some manners, young lad!" shaking her head before continuing to eat. She was quite glad when he left, the castle becoming quiet once more, just how she liked it.

𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖎 !

female-peasant's dog-one year old-mutt-tags:open
Waking up to the warmth of the sun shining through the hazy window, Cali rose from the hardwood floor and stretched. She yawned, jaw wide open and eyes squinted. She blinked a few times, letting her eyes adjust to the light. She wagged her tail and trotted up to the humans of her family. The eldest child, a girl by the age of eight, pet her head, little fingers curled around in her fur. "Morning Cali!" She greeted the canine. Cali gave a bark of her own back. The youngest, a child by the age of two, ran towards the door. "Come on Cawi! Les go pway!" he called in his way of talking. Cali barked once before running out after him, tail wagging up a storm.
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me