cactusclan • o&a

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

cactusclan • o&a

Postby whimsyclown » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:36 am

nestled in the desert, the days are hot and long and seem
like they'll never end. cactusclan originated deep in the desert,
originally ran by a small group of nomads. one night starclan visited
one of the cats and told them they needed to form cactusclan
or they would all perish to the weather, they agreed and a leader
was chosen, snake, who became snakestar. under starclan's reign
they survived many many moons until now, something is troubling
cactusclan. can they find out what's causing the missing appearances
of cats from their own clan before they're wiped out and it's too late?
whimsyclown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i. turn off your signature when you post ! ! it's way more organized
and looks cleaner !

ii. please do at least five sentences, more are encouraged. no one sentence per
post. it's hard to respond to just one sentence as well as it not adding much to
the roleplay. so make sure to do at least sentence, i personally recommend
more than five as it really develops your character! since this is a semi lit roleplay
i will be picky with the length of responses !!

iii. only a prefix can be used once so make sure to check the allegiance before
posting ! for example we can't have two beepaws or two flintkits, the only exception
is if a character is dead or killed. make sure to ask first !

iv. no unnatural colors + mary sue characters, no one likes a character
who's right/too powerful. characters have flaws ! they make mistakes, we don't want
a cat with purple fur either, make sure it makes sense. all types of cats are welcome
just not savanna cats + any big cats.

v. stick to the original plot, message me before doing anything big
(pregnancy etc.). we have a current plot and i'd like to stick to it to the end ! after that
feel free to ask for a certain prophecy after i'd be more than willing to work towards it
within reason !

vi. i have the right to decline a form, if there is a problem i'll message
you to fix anything that needs changing first though! it won't happen too often just make
sure to flesh out your posts, add personalities, backstories, etc.

vii. you may only have 2 characters per person ! please keep in mind
you cannot be your own mate/sibling. make relations with other roleplayers as it
includes everyone and we don't want people left out !

viii. no drama/discrimination/racism allowed, lgbtq+ characters are very
welcome + encouraged ! if someone is making you uncomfortable feel free to message
me and we can work through it.
Last edited by whimsyclown on Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
whimsyclown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

leader (1/1)
silverstar | male | 50 moons | peanutbunny
deputy (1/1)
swiftadder | female | 30 moons | clexa
medicine cat (1/1)
lichenshadow | female | 30 moons | immortes
medicine cat apprentice (1/1)
tumblepaw | female | 9 moons | rift;

warriors (3/10)
stonebelly | male | 39 moons | rift;
seabranch | female | 19 moons | outerbanks08
cloudfur | intersex | 22 moons | ferretmonarch
name | gender | age | user
apprentices (2/6)
fawnpaw | female | 8 moons | peaunutbunny
lilypaw | female | 9 moons | sunnystreets
queens (0/3)
kits (0/9)
elders (0/3)

mentorships:
silverstar mentors lilypaw
cloudfur mentors fawnpaw
relationships:
name and name are mates
name and name are mates
crushes
name likes name
name likes name
kin
name is name
Last edited by whimsyclown on Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
whimsyclown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whimsyclown » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:37 am

cactusclan is in the middle of a desert, in the middle of their territory is a large river that carries fish and other prey for the clan. the clan's camp is located at the middle right of the territory, right where the river splits. it's guarded by tall grass that the clan weaves into dens as well as tall acacia trees. the high tree is a acacia tree that sits in the middle of the camp where the clan leader sits on when announcing important information, in the camp is a small dug out cave where the medicine cats reside to keep their herbs fresh.

their territory is mostly open grassland where it's easy to see any threats as well as prey, cacti spot the territory and are a good source of water when the river dries up. past their territory is the ancient burial grounds, where the dead go to get buried. it's open to anyone to mourn the death, all species alike. finally there's the moonsand, in a cave just above the river, a large cave holds the sand that cats must lay in to visit starclan, every apprentice must make the journey before becoming an official warrior. medicine cats go every moon to communicate with their ancestors.
whimsyclown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whimsyclown » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:37 am

prey:
hare, vole, humming birds, iguanas, horned lizards, desert pupfish, toads, gecko, mice, prairie dogs

predators:
vultures, hawks, rattlesnakes, coyotes, bobcats, mountain lions, owls, fox, hyena

weather patterns
during the day, desert temperatures rise to an average of 38°C (a little over 100°F). at night, desert temperatures fall to an average of -3.9°C (about 25°F). At night, desert temperatures fall to an average of -3.9 degrees celsius (about 25 degrees fahrenheit).

prone to dust storms
whimsyclown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whimsyclown » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:13 pm

now open please post any questions + forms here in the discussion thread
xxxxx
whimsyclown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: cactusclan • o&a

Postby whimsyclown » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:03 pm

𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫- male - 62 moons - leader - crush: open - apprentice: lilypaw - tagged: skunkpaw, open
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    silverstar looked up from the red sand, it was the middle of the night but something was wrong. something had been taking cats of his clan, numbers
    were dwindling down. sure, hawks could fly down and snatch a grown cat but five cats? that's something serious. shaking out his fluff and padded quietly
    up to the large acacia tree, wiggling his hindquarters and leaped easily clawing up the large tree. letting out a loud yell, "can all cats join me underneath the high
    tree" he left out the fact that most had to hunt to attend meetings but this was something everyone needed to hear, regardless of age. looking down at the cats
    exiting their dens sleepily, he waited for them to all settle down hearing the confused and tired murmurs among the crowd.

𝐟𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐩𝐚𝐰- female - 10 moons - apprentice - crush: lilypaw - mentor: cloudpaw - tagged: open
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    fawnpaw was grooming her fur, by the end of the day it always looked like she had been dragged through a bush. letting out an annnoyed sigh and
    the fur stuck to her tongue, she perked up when she heard silverstar's call. hopping up she padded through the entrance and looked around to
    see other equally confused clanmates all murmuring. she sat down and looked up towards the acacia tree seeing silverstar's worried amber
    gaze glance over the crowd. she shifted nervously when his eyes glanced towards her, something was wrong, he never called a meeting like this
    she began fidgeting nervously shuffling her paws and wrapped her tail around herself as a way to comfort her uneasy nerves.
whimsyclown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: cactusclan • o&a

Postby FerretMonarch » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Cloudfur•intersex (biologically male and female)• they/them• Bisexual•22 moons•Queen•Tags:open

Cloudfur had been wandering around trying to find an end to the clan's territory they didn't want to envade in fear of being in a hostile clan's territory, but the leader sounded nice,so maybe just maybe they would let them in?

They took a few steps into the clan's territory before making their way to the dens only to find that no cat was there. Well, that was certainly odd; Cloudfur had been skirting around the edges of the clan all day and they had been there right before.

Cloudfur looked around carefully sniffing everything to pick up a scent. Whilst they were looking for the clan cats they saw an Acadia tree with the cats gathered around it. Cloudfur slowly made their way towards the tree attempting to make their pawsteps louder as to not frighten the other cats. It wouldn't do as a first impression to scare them right out of their whiskers.

"H-hello." Cloudfur mewed shyly. "C-can I talk to whoever runs this clan please?"

Cloudfur flattened their ears, averted their gaze to their paws, tucked their tail between their legs, then slowly and carefully lowered themself to the ground. They didn't want to seem like a threat and wanted to show respect to the clan.
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelfangs » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:19 pm

darkheart | 15 moons | warrior | tomcat | he/him | apprentice: open | tags: open
      the moon kissed his dark fur. he'd had a hard time sleeping as of late. the crisp night air had been the only remedy to his overthinking.honestly, it seemed like the whole camp was on edge recently. tail flicking as he sat in the clearing, darkheart jumped to attention as he heard silverstar's sudden yowl. what was he doing up so late? the call for a meeting sent a shiver straight down his spine all the way down to the end of his tail. something was wrong, wasn't there?

padding to the edge of the camp, darkheart sat and stared up at the high tree. the moon shimmered down through the leaves, illuminating silverstar's shiny coat. something told him that it'd be good to pay attention to this specific meeting. other cats dragged their paws in the sand as they emerged from their dens. the young warrior nervously fidgeted.
angelfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me