( ‵‵ ❅ miles from home

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

( ‵‵ ❅ miles from home

Postby unnamed » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:40 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

we were the best anyone had ever seen, the top notch sled team worth
thousands of dollars; we were prizes and heroes. than one fatal winter t
he great blizzard struck and the roads leading to our town were closed.
nothing could get in or out.. except for us. with our town running low on
food and medicine our abilities were once again needed, so we packed e
verything up and with the blizzard raging around us we set off for the se
venty mile journey to the nearest town capable of helping us. but this w
ould prove our most troubling journey, we underestimated the gravity of t
he situation greatly. one fateful afternoon as we were seeking shelter for
the night we were left unaware of the cliff only yards from us. when our l
ead dog felt the edge under his paws he panicked and raced forward sudd
enly; we followed unaware of what it would mean. the sled behind us swu
ng out, the attachment to our harness snapped and our owner went over t
he side to fall to his demise. now we're alone, fifty miles and stuck in a bl
izzard with no food. if we are to make it back we'll have to risk the forest
and the vicious predators that live within it.

Last edited by unnamed on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ‵‵ ❅ miles from home

Postby unnamed » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:22 am

i. this roleplay is high semi-literate, you will be expected to write at least
two decent sized paragraphs. ii. this roleplay has limited spots and theref
ore everyone will be allowed one character initially. iii. genders will rema
in even in this roleplay iv. please pm me all reserves which will last for on
ly forty-eight hours v. drama is highly encouraged, please bring all major i
deas to my attention first though vi. all forms and discussion will go on the
discussion thread which will also contain a small info post for anyone who i
s confused vii. this roleplay is realistic, ie no lgbtq characters or unusual ac
tions or colors viii. you will be accepted or denied based on your forms ix. p
lease make posts look 'neat', no signatures and keep font size below 85

Last edited by unnamed on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ‵‵ ❅ miles from home

Postby unnamed » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:38 am

the lead dogs
zero . eight years . male . King Kakashi
willow . five years . female . • noodle •

the swing dogs
anthem . three years . female . drift.
jenkin . five years . male . ✨Moon✨

the team dogs
steel . four years . male . Shadow~Wolf
renesmee . four years . female . gemini.

the wheel dogs
bear . seven years . male . omnipotence_
vintage . six years . female . chasing_stars

Last edited by unnamed on Fri May 11, 2018 11:59 am, edited 16 times in total.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ‵‵ ❅ miles from home

Postby unnamed » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:41 am

the roleplay is closed

unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ‵‵ ❅ hanging from the edge

Postby unnamed » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:43 am

┌────────────────────┐
b e a r ! !
male wheel dog . seven years
mentions: everyone . tags: everyone

┕────────────────────┙

As quickly has it had all begun it suddenly all stopped. Part of his lower body now hung just off the edge of the cliff while the other half hung to the edge of stable ground; his front paws which had dug deeply trying to find stability were now covered by the white powder surrounding them. In his chest he could feel his heart pounding against its confines. Zero had panicked, he'd messed up and his mistake ended gravely. Somewhere below them Bear heard the final crash of their master and sled, one final scream filled the air before the world around them descended into silence. His life had been saved by only one thing, the already old and weak harness stood no chance against the swinging weight of the sled. As the sled fell off the pure force of it had snapped the harness, swiping Bear's feet from under him but also snapping off his body at the last possible moment. He'd remained stationary, stunned into paralysis before suddenly remembering Vintage, he turned his head and looked to see she was still there. The rest of the team? Looking through the thick snowfall he could see the rest of the team was still there too; Steel and Renesmee directly in front of him and safe. They all survived.. well almost. He couldn't bring himself to glance over his shoulder below, he didn't want to see the wreckage of his master. Suddenly deciding he'd been hanging long enough the malamute dug his claws in deep and pulled himself up to plant all four feet firmly on the ground - he was overjoyed to not be hanging off a cliff anymore though his face and body language didn't give it away.

As he stood up the now broken harness slid partially off his body. He couldn't help himself, he turned and he looked. Nothing. He couldn't see anything, the thick snow covered any hopes of them peering down. It was likely for the best. He backed away from the cliff's edge and turned slowly to face the rest of the team - the impending anger had not yet bubbled to the surface though there was a vague awareness to a numbing pain in his right side. Bear ignored it, assuming it was from the force of the harness. "Is everyone okay?" He called out to the rest of them. He scanned the rest of them slowly and when his eyes finally landed on Zero the anger surfaced at the other dog's sudden incompetence, "Zero! What on earth were you thinking? How could you have panicked?" It was spoken somewhere between a general question and a shout. He'd watched it all unfold, Zero felt the edge and without thinking had veered away from the cliff in a panic, it was what caused the sled to swing out so wide and tipped it over the edge. Bear was typically empathetic and if nothing had happened he likely would have tried to see from the lead dog's viewpoint but he couldn't bring himself to this time. The dog should have known that the sled would swing like that and he should have turned gently. But he didn't, and now they were here. No food, no shelter, and they were far from the place that they called home. They were lost in a snowstorm with a blizzard on the way!
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ‵‵ ❅ i am not the only traveler || 001

Postby gamorasass » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:44 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━
      Z E R O
      "i am not the only traveler"
      tags;; everyone

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Today was supposed to be a normal day. They were doing their regular route with their master, scouting the area and picking up a delivery at the train station a few miles back. It wasn't anything special, it was something they did every week for their town. The tracks didn't make it all the way down to their city, which was why their sled team was so important. Zero had been doing this same gig for years without flaw. Sure, there had been some nasty weather he had to get through, but it was never an issue and it was always the same route. This time, however, it was all very different. An avalanche off one of the mountains caused their regular path home to be blocked. The weather began to get worse, as well. The dark clouds above beginning to drop heavy flakes of snow, the wind picking up and making their view a little difficult to see. Zero could sense a storm was approaching and wanted to get his team home quickly and safely. But that didn't happen.

As they made their way through the thick snow, their Master asked them to move a little to the right, leaving them space to get in between the tight turns and mountains. However, due to the difficulty seeing, they got a bit too close to the edge of the mountain they were slowly descending. Zero looked down as he felt a toe peak slightly off the edge, and that's when everything went bad. The male lead dog, the oldest of the team with the most experience, panicked. He swerved to the left, slamming into his lead partner Willow as he did, urging her to move over. Except the one thing with a sled, was that when you turned, you turned wide, and the sled which held their master and the supplies they were bringing home swung wide, right over the edge of the cliff. From there it was a blur. Cries from his master and yelps from his team and the snapping of the sled ties was all he heard as Zero scurried to try and get his crew to safety.

Zee found himself laying in the snow and after a moment of paralysis from pure shock and fear, he realized what had happened. A few feet away from him was the cliff, his team scrambled and tossed about, the sled missing and evidently had gone over the cliff. His heart raced and his breath caught in his throat, the Husky's eyes widening in fear. This was all his fault. All of it. His ears picked up Bear's words, but he didn't have any words to respond. So he ignored him, focusing on his team and doing a quick count to make sure they were all there, which they were. Well, everyone but their Master.

"Are you all okay?" he asked, deep voice booming over the loud wind. "Is anybody hurt?"
Last edited by gamorasass on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( ‵‵ ❅ miles from home

Postby HibiscusBlossom » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:37 am

↠ ARTEMIS ↞
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

female four years swing dog alarmed tags; everyone
The overwhelming sense of fear and dread was all she was able to feel through the foggy haze of emotion, the frantic yelps of the team was drowned out by the deafening roar of her blood in her ears. The sled swung to the side, only causing the swing dog to scrabble after the lead dogs, struggling to find a pawhold on the powdery snow, which gave way beneath her each time she advanced. There was a sudden, great heave as the sled swung over the edge with a snap. The Master's scream pierced the frozen air, sending a chill down her spine as cold as the frozen, barren land around her. Her harness loosened and she was finally able to find her footing, staggering forward until she could stand beside the others. Her body was gripped with shock, muscles tense, just starting to understand the gravity of the situation.

Then, Artemis was practically dragged from her dazed state by the sound of Bear's shout. She cast a sidelong glance at the two much bigger dogs, before focusing on the large husky; the one who had caused this. She shook out her thick pelt, inhaling sharply. She couldn't scent blood, then again, all the other smells seemed to be masked by the snow and she could hardly see a couple pawsteps in front of her. "I'm fine." Artemis replied curtly, her expression guarded. Her paws stung and the wind whipped around her, whistling and howling like a monstrous beast. Her ears pinned against her head, tired of listening to it. While she had spent many nights, comforted by its sound. Now, it was almost like a taunt. While fully aware of the death of their Master, it was probably the least of her worries at this point.

"What are we gonna do now?" She demanded.
HibiscusBlossom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one ( ‵‵ ❅ your spell is pulling me under — vintage

Postby paper planets » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:22 am

. ── VINTAGE
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( six years ) ( female ) ( wheel dog ) ( location: cliff ) ( tags: everyone )
    . ── cause you're a sky full of stars !!

Vintage wondered if, in another life, she’d turn out differently. Maybe she wouldn’t have been put onto the sled team, but instead been adopted by a loving family where she lounged around all day and played fetch in the backyard as the sun was setting. Maybe she’d be far away from Alaska or maybe fate was real and, no matter what, she’d always end up here. Though, she couldn’t say that the thought bothered her, she couldn’t imagine a life without her team. Without the kind-hearted Zero, the serious - and somewhat scary - Willow, the stoic Jenkin, Steel with all his protective quirks and then the intimidating Renesme, her dear friend Artemis who was strong and trustworthy and Bear, her level-headed fellow wheel dog. She was sure that it was her destiny to be with these dogs, nothing else made sense in her mind, in any other walk of life she’d feel out of place, like an outsider. With her team she truly belonged, she offered support and it gave her a purpose other than pulling the sled for their Master, who was kind and gentle. Her place was here, with the snow and the ice and cold, though it all held an inner warmth because it was her home.

Even though all of her paw steps had led her to this exact moment, she couldn’t be selfish enough to actually say she’d change her fate. The team was running along beside a steep cliff when they must’ve gotten too close to the edge. She had seen it all happen with her own two eyes. Zero had been right on the edge and then panic and fear had seized his muscles, then, before she could truly understand what was happening, the male had jerked to the side, running away from the cliff and the sled had turned too wide. Their Master had slipped off the edge and she could only watch, eyes widened in terror as a low whine escaped her maw, as he fell to his death. Though, her shock was short lived because she felt a strong tug on her harness and looked over to see Bear, with half of his body dangling off the side of the cliff. I can’t lose both of them, she thought suddenly, her thoughts were strangely calm despite the situation at hand, and she dug her feet deep into the snow and pulled on the harness, trying to aid her partner as he scrambled back onto solid ground. The male made it up and she was able to relax, at least slightly. Then, the team gathered closer together and she winced at Bear’s loud shout aimed at Zero. She flattened her ears and padded closer to Bear, “He just panicked, we can’t go around blaming each other,” she murmured softly, but she made sure to keep her voice loud enough so that everyone could hear her over the wind that whipped past them, “We need to stick together and keep calm,” she finished as her eyes scanned over the dogs.

Vintage stood in the snow, acknowledging that the snowflakes were becoming larger and the wind was making them fall on an angle as they got thicker and thicker. She took a few deep breaths to calm her racing heart- she had only just realized how fast her heart was beating, it was like a bird trapped within a cage and trying to escape like it’s life depended on it. She sucked in a deep breath, feeling the cold air fill up her lungs, and then she exhaled and watched the cloud of breath surround her muzzle before being carried away. The white-furred female looked at Zero as he spoke, asking if everyone was okay. The only thing she noticed was that her neck was hurting from when the sled had fallen - she shivered at the haunting memory - it had pulled suddenly at her harness before snapping free and yanked on her neck in the process. Then the added damage from pulling against gravity while she tried to help Bear. But, she couldn’t worry about the pain, it wasn’t that bad anyhow. So, she nodded and looked around at the other seven dogs to see if anyone was extremely hurt, but, thankfully, they looked fine. At least for now, that was. They were miles and miles away from home, their Master was gone and they were stranded without food or shelter. The Samoyed looked up and saw dark cloud, heavy with thick snow, hanging over their heads and on the horizon there was only more clouds that, based on the direction of the wind, were headed towards them. She shrunk into herself and turned her face away from the sight. A blizzard was coming and they wouldn’t last long without any shelter to protect them.
paper planets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i. ( ‵‵ ❅ take me on a whim | jenkin

Postby astrohund » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:15 pm

‵‵ 𝐽𝐸𝑁𝐾𝐼𝑁 | 𝐼.

indentationIt appears that this 'journey' or whatever has come to an end, thanks to Zero. He pondered if this inevitable or there was a different outcome than this. This outcome, well, is the worse outcome they could have possibly received. Everything had seemed so normal during the earlier parts of the day, it was all going so well. They were all ready to face the challenge of the blizzard, breaking through the storm and going whichever way closer to their destination. This felt unreal to him, considering how this was supposedly the 'best' dog sledding team out there, but apparently everyone who said that were wrong. Due to the slightest bit of panic, it costed the life of their team leader... or whatever his name had been. Jenkin could feel a surge of disbelief and awe coursing right through him, glancing down at the pit that looked like it carried whoever that falls in it right to hell. He could barely see down there, even if he squinted, nothing but a pit of darkness and gloom. The ovcharka could recall the final moments of their team leader, before they had plummeted to their death, a very brutal death... He could remember the image of his team mates dangling on the edge, that image was a very dreadful one, it sickened him right to his core. Some could say that he wasn't really fearful, his face was as blank as ever, his eyes only showing the smallest amount of emotion before it faded away into nothingness. A sickening scream had left him secretly petrified, his heart raging against his rib cage. Before he tore his gaze away from the cliff, Jenkin's deadpan mask once returned as he gave each and everyone of his team mates a once over.

indentationTheir harnesses all were broken, allowing them to roam freely. It appeared that the sled had fallen down with the team leader as he couldn't see it anywhere. Everyone was panting heavily, both sharing the same emotion of intense fear and shock. Jenkin, on the other hand, could care less and wasn't very affected by the team leader's tragic death. Though, part of him, was upset at Zero, whom was one of the lead dogs on the team. He didn't want to be stuck here, in the middle of a snowstorm, he had wanted to make it to the destination and back without any complications. They didn't even make it there, they were halfway and Jenkin couldn't tell which way to go, all he could see in sight was flickers of white and grey skies. Over the sound of the raging storm could make out the merely quiet murmurs of the team. Are you all okay? Is anyone hurt? Jenkin sighed deeply, shutting his eyes and lowering his head. What are we gonna do now? said Artemis. What are they to do now? Did anyone really know? He just panicked... We need to stick together and keep calm. Did anyone really know what to do? If their team leader were to die from an accident...? If they were to be left in the middle of a blizzard...? Jenkin shook his large cranium and reopened his eyes, looking up to the skies. “We must find shelter, somewhere...” Shelter? He felt stupefied by his own statement. Where in hell were they supposed to find a shelter? A safe haven? For miles, there was nothing but snow for miles and miles! “Or... we will just have to make it through the storm until the next day... If someone really wants to do that...” he whispered very quietly, unsure if anyone heard him. Nothing seemed like a good idea, what were they gonna do?
astrohund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ‵‵ ❅ well we can't stay here

Postby unnamed » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 am

┌──────────────────┐
b e a r ! !
male wheel dog . seven years
tags: vinnie, everyone

┕──────────────────┙

Everyone was worried, stressed, and on edge as the extent of their situation and what their fate could be began to sink in. There was one simple principle that would be their deciding factor and it was that of fight or flight. Either they would roll over and show the world their bellies or they'd somehow find a way to survive this mess. Bear figured that to survive it would take everything they had, none of them had the wilderness survival instinct. These long expeditions were extremely few and far between - in fact Bear hadn't even been two the last time they made this long trek and there certainly hadn't been any snow storms involved. They always had provisions to keep them safe and their master to guide them in the right direction. None of them knew how to do this, even his own and Jenkin's hunting experience was limited as it involved their master and a loud stick that caused animals to bleed. In some of the harshest conditions they'd have to learn how to provide for themselves completely and point themselves in the direction of home, he imagined the latter would be the harder part. All of this dawned on the large dog in a matter of seconds as the voices of the team flew around him. It was Vintage's voice close to him that drew him out of his thoughts as he looked down on her; she was sympathetic as always. Well, he could go around blaming Zero but right now it did no good for anyone and he sighed gently, "You're right." He mumbled quietly enough for the sentence to be kept between the two.

He lifted his head, once again the questions were flying about what they would do. He was surprised to hear Jenkin speak up, a sudden voice of reason amongst panic. He was right though, they needed somewhere to take cover from this blizzard and they needed to find it soon. He'd seen storms like the one coming only once or twice in his lifetime and they meant hiding inside for what could be days at a time in order to remain protected. Out here, exposed and in the open he doubted they'd last even a day. Once again he was drawn from his thoughts this time by Willow's exasperated shout. He remained quiet a moment before choosing to open his mouth in favor of Jenkin's idea, "Jenkin is right, we need to find some type of shelter. We won't last once the snow really starts to fall." He looked around, he knew the forest wasn't far but right now it was mountain and open land, two grim options. "Maybe we can find a cave or something like that along the mountain?" He looked around at the team, down to Vin at his side who's head was cast up towards the sky. Following her gaze he could see the dark clouds looming over them, a grim reminder of what was to come. After a moment he brought his gaze back down only to find that the other wheel dog had shrunk much smaller as though in fear. He softened, pressing his nose against her cheek in an act of comfort before whispering to her, "Hey, Vin, it'll be fine. We'll get through this okay?" Turning back to face the others he repeated it, this time just a little louder for them to hear though it wasn't as confident as he wanted it to be, "We'll be fine. We'll get through this."
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me