๐•๐€๐‹๐‡๐€๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐‡๐„๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๏ผ open๏ผ๏ผ

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

๐•๐€๐‹๐‡๐€๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐‡๐„๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๏ผ bjorn&heidi&eliza ๏ผ๏ผ

Postby cheshire. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:33 pm

๏ผข๏ผช๏ผฏ๏ผฒ๏ผฎ โ”€โ”€ โ fear the reckoning of those you have wronged !! โž
    โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
    ( hnitbjorg king ) ( 14 ) ( stallion ) ( tags: his herd, the kings) ( location: idavoll )
    Every time he had ever interacted with another king it had been full of tension and hitched breaths. Even now with the two before him Bjorn would be a fool to think one or the other wouldn't make it clear that they were by no means friends. The tallest, Titan, had the audacity to say as such and Bjorn knew better than to snap back. With the weather dangerous and his company even more so, it was better to stay as calm and reasonable as possible. Instead of reminding him that Bjorn held future possible mares for Titan and it would be better to share guardianship, he swallowed the thought and bobbed his head agreeably. Titan was only being fair in his terms, he was prioritizing the safety of his immediate family and not future investments.

"These terms will work for us all. I do hope they are stood by, the last thing I need is blood shed in the forests I raise my foals," Bjorn said to them both, hoping they would relate to the importance of having a safe space for their young. Usually if any of the three fought, they did so in Idavoll and not in their own territories. Bjorn believed each of the three lands sacred and the gods would punish them greatly if they were to disrespect the areas. The only one who might betray the unspoken rules of the lands was Phantom. It bothered Bjorn that one of his daughters was with the maverick stallion. Did he not worry that Thor was targeting him, or did he simply not care for his fate. He hoped that his daughter would teach her children of the gods instead of take Phantom's stance on things and disregard them completely.

As the bay stallion began to depart, Bjorn was roused back tot he present and he nodded. "Yes, gather them. Notify me when you're ready to move and we will leave. I want no outside horse following, valkyrie or earl. They will only cause violence." That said he dismissed himself to retreat back to the company of Gull and Echo. His pace almost quickened in the relief to be reunited with them. Antisocial by nature he lost comfort near the other stallions and instead preferred to be close to those under his protection. He could see that Gull's wide eyes had been watching with intent and he nicked her shoulder with his teeth gently. "I have invited the snakes into our den, I only hope Thor approves and safeguards us. Should they attack, I know our own land better though I hope it doesn't come to that," he informed her, knowing she would not like to be ignorant.

Time to move out. Looking over he spotted a few mares without a herd and even spotted an earl whom had been lingering. He wondered where they would find safety. Bjorn felt he had already been generous in having allowed the other herds in but he could not afford to allow valkyries in. They would stir up the kings and fights would break out in such close proximity. They would have to fend for themselves this storm. "Gull, lead the way home. I'll flank you to make sure all is okay."

๏ผจ๏ผฅ๏ผฉ๏ผค๏ผฉ โ”€โ”€ โ it might make them mad but it will make you free !! โž
    โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
    ( alfheim descendant ) ( 3 ) ( mare ) ( tags: thera, titan ) ( location: idavoll )
    Now that she was coming of age, Heidi was becoming more curious and more rebellious. In Idavoll there were so many others to explore and smell. She had been independent from the day she was born and for three years her yearn to move and run had only grown. Today was supposed to be the day that she went off on her own but the air had changed and Heidi could see now that she would not yet find her own herd. Prancing around energetically, Heidi forgot the lessons on preserving her strength in the case that something went wrong. No, how could she stand still when she was so full of anticipation and life. Around her she nickered loudly, tossing her head and showing off the beauty her parents had given her. If Titan was not so distracted he would surely warn her of how the gods treated maidens with vanity. A lightning bolt to the rump.

Speaking of her father, Heidi did so wonder what he was interested in. Looking over she pranced to his side and took notice of the two others kings. The sight of them alone would give excitement to any filly of her age. Phantom was the eldest and therefore Heidi's favourite. She liked someone so strong and knowledgeable. Beside was the handsome Bjorn. No one could deny the beauty in his coat. When Titan took off to talk to them, the black filly returned to the safety of her mother. Despite her age and curiosity, Heidi still liked the embrace of Thera whom had raised her so well.

"I could not imagine why Bjorn would summon them. Suppose it has something to do with the weather?" Heidi always appreciated when her mother included her in her musings. It made Heidi feel like she wasn't so young anymore. Ears pricked and standing tall she made sure to at least nibble absently at Thera's mane though her childish curiosity was distracting her from doing a good job.

๏ผฅ๏ผฌ๏ผฉ๏ผบ๏ผก โ”€โ”€ โ the safety of my family is the highest law !! โž
    ( jotunheim valkyrie ) ( 4 ) ( mare ) ( tags: astrid, phantom ) ( location: idavoll )
    Eliza grazed close to Phantom, as she always did when they were down in Idavoll. In a time before she had joined Phantom she had been chased all over these plains by earls because of her inherited coat. Now that she was with him she still feared being snaked and tried to make it clear to any earls that she had no intention of leaving. Jotunheim was her home now. Lifting her head at her fathers call, the sound was almost foreign to her. It had been so long since she had heard the noise of Bjorn and her ears perked curiously. Nibbling Phantom's rump she groaned internally when he said he would go to them. She worried that it would result in a scuffle and didn't want her own stallion involved. However she supposed it would be more dangerous to ignore a king for fear of insulting him.

Nodding obediently she moved to cluster with Astrid, huddling close to her and looking in the direction of the kings. Astrid's coat was just as obvious as her own so out of all three of the herds, Phantom's was more likely to be attacked by earls. Without the stallion near, Eliza was on high alert. The last thing they needed was an enemy approaching while Phantom was cornered between Bjorn and Titan.

The wind was in Eliza's favour as she picked up hints of conversation from the three. "We are going to Hnitbjorg," she told Astrid quietly. This came as a surprise to the valkyrie. First a glimpse of the reclusive Bjorn for the first time in months and now she was going...home? Was Hnitbjorg her home? No. The plateaus of Jotunheim were. But that didn't mean she wasn't connected to the forests and the trees. As if on queue her memories flashed back to her childhood there. They would have no problem there under Eliza's knowledge. She knew the place well and could avoid any predators.
cheshire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐•๐€๐‹๐‡๐€๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐‡๐„๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๏ผ open๏ผ๏ผ

Postby xCatastrophex » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:02 pm

๏ผก ๏ผฌ๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผซ'๏ผณ ๏ผณ๏ผฏ๏ผฎ๏ผง.

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

lone valkyrie โˆ six years โˆ deaf โˆ tags; open โˆ location; edge of hnitbjorg

The Palomino beauty stuck out like a sore thumb against the green grass of the flatlands known as Idavoll. The center land between the three main territories of Valhalla. The air was cool and alive with electricity as the dark, angry clouds encroached upon Valhalla. A violent storm was brewing, most certainly a test from the godโ€™s above. She slowed to a halt and lifted her gaze to the sky, taking a good look at the mass looming ahead. She didnโ€™t have much time to get to where she wanted to be when the storm reared its ugly head. โ€˜Move along now, you donโ€™t want to be out in the open when this storm finally makes its appearance known.โ€™โ€™ she thought to herself. Pushing off and picking up a canter once more.

Lark figured the Hnitbjorg forest would offer the best shelter for the night. However, she knew for a fact that she wouldnโ€™t be the only one to have that idea. The youngbloods would definitely take this opportunity to try and snake away as many mares as they could. Just the thought of it made Lark second guess the fact that she was alone. But on the other hand, there were a few established harems around too, so maybe it wouldnโ€™t be too bad. I worse came to worse, she could join up with one of them? Sheโ€™d have to come back to that when it became a problem.

The palomino mare came to a halt at the crest of a small hill; huffing lightly as she caught her breath. She shook out her mane and then lifted her gaze back toards the sky. She could see the lightning off in the distance, though the rumble of the thunder was absent for her. Se could feel it in her chest though. She wondered why the godโ€™s would test them like this? Was it to punish them for something? Was it to just remind them of the power that they possessed? She didnโ€™t know, though it would all be revealed eventually. She had so many questions about why the gods allowed certain things to happen, and what their significance was. Especially why they allowed her to be born deaf. But she wasnโ€™t one to dwell on such things for long. If she did, sheโ€™d only become more resentful of herself.

She was brought back from her thoughts as she saw movement from below out of the corner of her eye. She tilted her head, watching closely as three stallions made their way to one another. Respectfully and calmly. It was a strange sight to see, indeed, But she didnโ€™t think about it too much. She was on a mission. WIth a flick of her tail, she continued on her way, making a beeline for the forest off in the distance.
xCatastrophex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๏ผง๏ผต๏ผฌ๏ผฌ 001

Postby gull. » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:23 pm

๏ผง๏ผต๏ผฌ๏ผฌ. โž [ 6.4 yrs ] [ hnitbjorg valkryie ] [ emotions: cautious] [ tagged: bjorn, all] [ words: 340 ]
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

Navigating through the thick brush became more difficult by the minute, but Gull was sure of her instincts. She just hoped the other herds were following close behind. Hnitbjorg forest was known to swallow up any unwelcome and naive horses who dared venture into its depths. The air had gotten heavier, with rain following close behind. The heavy precipitation still hung in the clouds above, but heavy, sparse drops had begun to fall on the horses. Receiving an urgent, yet caring nip from Bjorn, Gull quickened her pace. Ears flat to her skull as she weaved through the dark trees. Heavy foliage blanketed the forest floor, which made it impossible to retrace ones steps were they to get lost.

Gull stopped for a moment to look back at all who were present, and to make sure none had been lost. So far everyone was doing well at heeding instructions, but Gull feared for when they made it to the meadow. Not wishing to waste any more time, the bay mare continued on through the brush, a slight mist now filled the air, likely due to the trees dispersing it over their leaves.

Her attention was captured once again by Bjorn, she heard him telling Winter to stay with the group. Gull catch sight of him dashing off into a deeper part of the forest. The anxious mare instantly began thinking of all the things that could go wrong. What had Bjorn sensed that caused him to run off like that? Hopefully it was not a foolish rogue stallion hoping to steal away a mare or two.

Gull cast her deep set umber eyes toward the sky, she could see through the treetops now. That meant they were closer to the meadow. Heavy raindrops began pelting them once again. Gull sighed deeply, both with a sense of nervousness and relief. They would be home very soon, which was a relief, but now Bjorn was absent and Gull was unprepared to deal with two extra herds. She hoped he would return soon.
Last edited by gull. on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gull.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueChai » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:38 pm

๐’œ ๐’ฒ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡'๐“ˆ ๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘”

9 years | Hnitbjorg | Valkyrie Mare | Location: Hnitbjorg | Tags: Gull and Bjorn

Winter lingered behind Gull as they moved swiftly through the familiar lands. The charcoal mare continuously stole heedful glances back at the other two herds that followed behind hers. She wasn't too keen on sharing their shelter with these strangers, but she knew it was the right thing to do. The drums of distant thunder rolled through the atmosphere, putting her further on edge. She let out a fretful nicker, and picked up the pace. Although the familiarity of her home helped sooth her, she was still put off by the presence of the stalking storm and the unfamiliar horses. Taking a deep breath, she pulled herself together and attempted to turn her attention to something more soothing. Her pale irises moved from sight to sight, the foliage beneath brushing against her limbs like the reassuring touch of a motherly mare. She felt light rain filter through the canopy, dusting her pelage with droplets. The storm was drawing nearer, she thought. Turning her head, her eyes landed on her king. He was flanking the group, and she began to slow herself to match his pace. As she fell in line beside him, Winter turned to gaze upon him. His muscles moved subtly under his sandy pelt, his head held high. She spoke to Bjorn in her usual soft voice that flowed smoothly to the ears like silk. "I feel that this storm may be one of the worst we've seen before, I feel it in the air. Do you think the Gods are upset with us?"
BlueChai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a vow of peace

Postby unnamed » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:51 am

๏ผด ๏ผฉ ๏ผด ๏ผก ๏ผฎ ๏ผ ๏ผ
alfheim king . eleven years . stallion . tags: the kings, thera, heidi . location: idavoll

Just as the air seemed to crackle in anticipation of what was to come so did the tension between the three stallions. Titan himself could not recall a time when they had stood so close to each other let alone had even a slightly civil conversation; in fact if he recalled correctly the last time he'd been this close to one of them Phantom and himself had nearly gone up in arms against each other. Such a peculiar king. He always silently wondered why a king who did not believe in the Gods had chosen this land to assert himself; was it an ulterior motive or simply fate at work? Despite the others lack of faith Titan did respect Phantom as he was as formidable an opponent as Titan would get in these lands.

As Bjorn expressed his interest in lack of bloodshed the black stallion could only agree, these times would be dangerous enough without sparring kings. With the intent of making up for not helping protect the others' mares the stallion offered a small peace of mind in return, "You have my vow of peace. As long as the storm rages I shall harbor no ill will towards either of you." As the amber stallion included more guidelines he begrudgingly agreed. It seemed the claiming of the valkyries; a seal bay one in particular, would simply need to be set aside. A reasonable request seeing as he already had a herd to protect at the moment. Bjorn was right though, valkyries would lead to more tension between the kings and earls would most certainly try to snake mares in the storm if they did follow. As the other kinds departed so did he.

As he returned to the herd he noticed Thera and Heidi standing close to each other - without a doubt gossiping like birds. He saw much of himself in Heidi and though he wouldn't admit it he was particular about who the mare would end up with; mostly he knew he'd die before he saw her with some earl. Though always the opinionated one he knew he'd prefer to see her in the eldest king's protection. A step to the side he could see Norelys; while not his own he took her in and did what he could to treat her as such. As he got closer he circled around the mares, pushing them closer towards each other for safety before speaking, "We'll be departing for Hnitbjorg now, their territory will provide the most safety during the storm." It was a brief explanation and he had no doubt that Thera and Heidi would certainly pester for the full details later on. Before moving along the king surveyed the land around them carefully, his eyes looking closely for any sign of lone stragglers. "Thera, lead the way. Watch closely, no valkyries or earls may follow us. If you should see one alert me," he informed her. Allowing the others to fall into line behind the eldest the king picked up the mare's flanks.

๏ผก๏ผณ๏ผด๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผค ๏ผ ๏ผ
jotunheim maiden . two years . mare . tags: eliza, phantom . location: jotunheim

She'd been raised in relative seclusion her whole life, unlike the older mares and ones who had been lone or with other herds Astrid had been born in Jotunheim and had remained here her entire life thus far. But now the time was coming up and she'd have to venture out beyond her home in search of somewhere new; admittedly this worried her. The spotted mare was not a fighter in any way; she was calm and peaceful and enjoyed talking through problems with others as opposed to brandishing her hooves in battle so the idea of going on her own scared her even if she didn't show it. Would she be able to protect herself from a predator or an aggressive earl? She'd find out soon.

As a loud call penetrated the silent air her head shot up from the grassy patch she'd been chewing on; curious enough she stepped forward and peered into no man's land where Bjorn had entered. The call was to the fellow kings and in silence she watched as Phantom informed them to stay close to each other before advancing into the territory. How interesting. She wondered what it would be that could bring the three together. A moment later she could sense another presence beside her and noticed it was Eliza; the older mare of the herd. Though she certainly didn't dislike the other she found that her companion could be rather rude at times.

She continued watching the kings as it seemed most of Valhala was currently doing; in the distance the other herds could be seen as they watched. For the three mighty stallions to be together again she could only assume it must be of dire importance. When Eliza spoke up about where they'd be going Astrid wasn't particularly surprised; the coming storm was proving to be a dangerous one. With Phantom as her father she'd been raised without the concept of the Gods and therefore though very little of the approaching danger; she considered it to just be another natural occurrence. She turned her head from the kings back to Astrid, "I supposed Hnitbjorg may offer more protection than." She watched as both Bjorn and Titan retreated back to their herds and anxiously awaited Phantom's.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueChai » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:01 pm

๐”ธ ๐”ฝ๐•’๐•๐•”๐• ๐•Ÿ'๐•ค ๐”ฝ๐•–๐•’๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ

3.5 years | Earl | Location: Edge of Hnitbjorg | Tags: Thera and Heidi

The buckskin stallion stood a ways off from the departing herds. He had been watching from afar the entire time, curious as to what the kings would do in a situation like this. Haukr couldn't quite tell what they said, but he assumed by the direction they were heading, they agreed to take shelter in Hnitbjorg. He raised his crown skyward, noticing the rainfall had became heavier. The larger drops began to soak into his pelt, and he snorted in dissatisfaction. The scent of lone valkyries overwhelmed his senses, and his hooves itched to canter towards them and claim them as his own, but he knew that seeking shelter from the upcoming storm was more important. His irises locked onto the elegant silhouette of his father, which was hardly visible in the clouded lighting. Haukr watched the ebony stallion earnestly, and he couldn't help but admire the utter confidence and power his father emitted. It was quite a sight to behold, he thought. Oh, how he longed to spar with him again one day. It would be a fantastic achievement to defeat the very stallion who drove him away from his mother, his home. The sudden clack of thunder above the field sent a jolt through his robust frame, and he began to follow behind the herds. Each horse seemed to be slowly vanishing into the ominous wall of foliage and trees. Haukr knew if he was spotted it would cause trouble, but it was a risk he was willing to take. He didn't know how bad the storm would be, and he preferred that he wasn't caught in the center of it. As he traveled with a brisk pace, he felt his hooves sink slightly into the earth, a thin layer of mud giving way with each step. The ends of his feathered ankles began to drag into the wet soil, clumping into thick strands. Haukr took notice of two mares lingering behind the rest of the group significantly, and he began to worry. 'Have they been ordered to fall behind to keep watch for horses like me?' he pondered to himself, and tried to keep his distance. The last thing he wanted was to receive a battering from all three kings, especially because of his reputation. All three of the mighty rulers knew of Haukr, and they all viewed him as a determined mare thief, or at least an attempted mare thief. He's never claimed any mares of his own, but he has put a lot of effort into trying and created quite a reputation for himself. Although he was tempted, Haukr was not here to steal any mares today. Finding shelter was of upmost priority.
BlueChai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Midnight's Mirage

At Bjorn's agreement, Phantom set off. He crossed back into Jotunheim with the same efficiency he'd left it in, finding his herd closer together than usual. That was definitely more convenient. Even though his own colours were muted and nondescript, his herd held pelts that shone out, especially amongst the desolate plains of Jotunheim, making them glaringly easy to spot, which was good if you wanted to keep an eye on them, but terrible if you were trying to prevent others from doing the same.

Reaching the herd, Phantom spoke, knowing he already had everyone's attention. "Bjorn has been gracious enough to offer us shelter at Hnitbjorg, on the condition that there will be a truce whilst we are there. It will be a good place to recuperate whilst the storm wrecks it's anger. Eliza, take the lead."

Out of the herd, Eliza definitely had the most knowledge about Hnitbjorg and would be able to warn them of any unforseen dangers that they might not have known to look out for. In particular, Phantom knew the forests were full of predators, so some help in discerning when they would appear would definitely aid him. With that said, the King stepped aside, gesturing to Hnitbjorg with a flick of the head. Then, he waited for his herd to pass, before taking up the customary position at the rear. Noting how Astrid was slightly anxious, he let out a rumbling whicker to reassure the herd that he was watching, giving her a gentle nudge to check in with her.

Briefly, he wondered how Eliza felt, going back to see where she'd grown up after all this time. Being more of a wanderer, he had never stayed somewhere long enough to call it home, always more tied to other horses than to particular places. Still, he wondered how she felt.

As they neared the forest and raindrops started finding their way into his shedding winter coat, Phantom let out a soft snort. Bjorn's offer came at just the right time, it seemed.

Northern Quiver

Her daughter's own whispered words confirmed what Thera herself had suspected, and the older mare watched quietly as the three stallions quickly broke off to return to their places of safety. For all their blustering, it was easy to see that none of the three had been particularly comfortable, but the way in which they left spoke of an uneasy truce.

Watching the dark shape of Titan loom close, Thera paused in her grooming, a ear swivelling toward the large stallion. Instead of speaking right away, the stallion looped round them, herding them closer together. Respectfully shifting closer to the Norelys and giving the other mare a gentle whicker, Thera waited. Titan's quick explanation of the situation was not as detailed as Thera would have liked it to be, but a quick look at the stallion was enough for the older mare to know that the stallion knew that as well and was probably expecting questions. That was fine.

Nodding at his words, she started picking her way toward no man's land, leading the way with a surefooted gait. Though she wasn't very large nor very bold, Thera had years of experience, and often could surmise the best way for the herd to survive. As she moved, a few droplets of rain touched her flank, which rippled lightly in response, making her look up. The grey clouds loomed ominously over the herd, making her quicken her pace, glad to finally be doing something about the storm she'd been worried about for a while.

As she moved, however, she caught the brief silhouette of something, just before it winked out of sight. The herd was already in no man's land, and it wouldn't be a surprise for a few earls to be lingering around. Still, she tilted her head slightly, so as not to alarm whoever it was, trying to catch it in her vision...

There!

She saw him right before he disappeared, but one look was more than enough to recognise the distinctive shape of Titan's son. However, though he was not her child, Thera had watched the young earl grow and knew that he was not planning to be aggressive, as he so often tried to be. Not wanting to alert Haukr into fleeing and yet unsure as to how her stallion would want to deal with this particular earl, Thera whickered lowly to Heidi, her daughter just beside her. "Tell Titan that Haukr is a distance behind us, but I don't think he means to attack."

With that, she stepped forward nimbly, biting the air just above Heidi's withers. From any onlooker's perspective, especially Falcon's, the mare had just nipped at her child, which would make it plausible for Heidi to back away and go to a new position, right by Titan. All the same, Thera kept up her pace. Haukr or not, she was more wary of the storm.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐•๐€๐‹๐‡๐€๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐‡๐„๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๏ผ bjorn&heidi&eliza ๏ผ๏ผ

Postby cheshire. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:46 am

๏ผข๏ผช๏ผฏ๏ผฒ๏ผฎ โ”€โ”€ โ fear the reckoning of those you have wronged !! โž
    ( hnitbjorg king ) ( 14 ) ( stallion ) ( tags: titan, thera, gull, winter, lark) ( location: hnitbjorg )
    The promises of the kings was about as good a reassurance as Bjorn was going to get from them. In a land where assets were sparse, one's word was very powerful and to break such a vow would ruin your reputation as a horse of honour. Shaking out his mane he kept to the side of his herd, ears swiveling anxiously. Usually a retreat into Hnitbjorg would soothe Bjorn's paranoia but here he was leading the snakes into his den. Each of his herd members were as capable as he at avoiding trouble but even that would be a challenge now in such close proximity. Titan was close behind them, his mare Thera guiding. While she was not head turning, she was easy on the eyes but more than that, her skull harboured a brilliant mind. A mare of good age and plenty of experience, Bjorn envied Titan's possession of her. She was of high value, that Bjorn knew, and to consider ever taking her would instill Titan's wrath. Bjorn knew better than to go for one of Titan's very best. Just glancing to the side of Thera and you could see she produced wonderful and healthy offspring. He flicked his head up in the direction of the Alfheim herd, almost approvingly, hoping a compliment would soothe tension between him and the black stallion.

Droplets began to patter down on the horses, fat and pregnant splashes that quickly drenched them even though the flow was not yet fast. Soon it would pelt them. Bjorn clicked to Gull, urging her though he didn't need to. While his mares had not the age of the wise Thera, they had the nourishing information that came with living in Hnitbjorg. It taught them fast and rich data on the environment and the weather. Gull would know to quicken just from a slight change in the air. And she did as the foliage grew thicker as they reached the brim. Bjorn scraped the earth with a solid hoof, leaving a groove; a sign of his growing nervousness. Anyone who knew Bjorn knew that the hermit stallion could become short tempered when he was unsettled and his ears were now a flashing of back and forth. Rarely did anyone ever set a print in his land without him chasing them off and now he welcomed them. Please look favourably upon me, he thought, eyes glancing up to the sky in prayer.

As if to answer his call, the dappled taupe mare matched her pace to his. Her voice alone weaved serenity into his tight muscles and when she spoke of the divine, Bjorn was comforted further. "I cannot think of what might instill such animosity from them, surely nothing from us personally. I cannot speak for the other kings and their brood," he dared a look towards the less than faithful Phantom, "but it seems we fare this storm as one body." Conversation drew Bjorn from his temperamental thoughts as he strode beside the graceful mare. The smell of foreign horses were coming to his senses and he knew he would need to scout soon to make sure they had not been flanked but not without first speaking to his family. "Thor has been generous with his rain and thunder, he will only give us more. Our sons and daughters will be served a strong lesson this night, as will our faith in the words of one another." Bjorn was sure of it now, sure that he could smell someone who did not belong. His ears reacted suspiciously and his head jerked up to try see. The trees were thick and sight was compromised. A crack of thunder sounded, telling the horses of the oncoming storm. "Remain with Gull, stay between Phantom and Titan but do not let them too close. I am going to keep unwanted guests at bay. Make sure the fillies do not get frightened," Bjorn paused to touch Winter's neck, "Tell them stories of Skadi and Freyja's beauty to calm them if need be. Your voice is one to put even a cougar at rest."

That said Bjorn pivoted on his hind legs, moving away from the mares. He shot Titan and Phantom dark looks, a look that spoke volumes. Watch my family or there will be no saving you from me. This was his land, he could very well send the wolves to the heels of his enemies or leave them lost in the labyrinth of trees. They had made a vow, one that could not be broken without the cost of your honour and title. Bjorn's mood became shadowed. Leaving his herd in the hands of the others made him wired and worst of all, dangerous. With such a murderous attitude settled upon him, he looked nightmarish as he dashed through the thickening rain and greenery. He could halt and turn at angles only years of practice could grant one. While Bjorn held this talent, he knew he would be of no use out on the plains or plateaus. Shaking the thought, Bjorn balked as he saw a flash of platinum. There, found them. Flattening his ears, Bjorn gave an aggressive grumble, grating the ground with his hoof again. To his incredulous observation, the horse didn't even react. Come to think of it, the stranger didn't even turn his way. Offended, Bjorn skirted around the side, noticing that it was indeed a mare.

This was no time for courting so Bjorn disregarded this fact, instead coming into her line of vision. Where she could see him, he pinned his ears down, shoulders broadening. Looking at her further, Bjorn could smell defect. Any horse that was sick smelled different. Though he couldn't place what it was as she seemed perfectly healthy. "Now is not the time to be here," he grumbled warily. Something about the mare unnerved him. The gods were telling him that she had a difference, a talent, that he could not detect. More thunder from above made him shy, adrenaline begging him to get back to his herd. What to do with this strange horse.

๏ผจ๏ผฅ๏ผฉ๏ผค๏ผฉ โ”€โ”€ โ it might make them mad but it will make you free !! โž
    ( alfheim descendant ) ( 3 ) ( mare ) ( tags: thera, titan, haukr ) ( location: hnitbjorg )
    Beside her mother, Heidi strutted her pride at being Titan's daughter. As he returned she broke away from Thera to pester her father, daring to nip his shoulder. The way Heidi darted back quick as a fox was both in show of the strength and speed she had been given but also of her youth and that she was still just a filly. He told them of their journey to Hnitbjorg and quickly she opened her mouth to ask but she could almost feel her mother telling her to calm down and be silent for now. The black filly had never been to that land, let alone gone near it. This was an experience she might never have again if she were not to choose Bjorn as her future stallion. The rain was beginning to fall, the air electric, Heidi was reacting vibrantly to the energy. Other fillies in herds were probably doing the same. This was all a big drama and game. As long as no immediate danger surrounded them and under the protection of Titan, she was free to be as careless as she wanted.

Speaking of Bjorn, she could see him behind his own herd though his head was turned. He was looking at Thera. Heidi knew that her mother was one of the oldest and desirable mares in the land and she grinned mischievously, "Mama, even the Ironborn king likes you." To say such a thing might be okay in the gossip circle of just mares but Heidi spoke it even with her father near. Her youth and the coming of spring, meaning her rushing hormones, envied the attention that Thera got from the stallions and she wanted it too. She wanted to see her father in action, to see a stallion brawl for her favour. Naughty was the daughter of Northern Quiver.

Moving perkily alongside her mother as Thera lead the way, Heidi envisioned herself as a lead mare doing the same thing with her own king. Soon, the young mare told herself. As she followed along she heard her dam summon her and pressed closer, immediately settling obediently at her mother's call. It seems Heidi still had much to learn as she had not seen any unusual movements yet the older female had noticed an outsider. More interesting yet, Heidi's half brother Haukr. She had been his playmate up until he had been chased out and upon hearing of him, she danced on the spot. This further disguised Thera's nip and Heidi jumped back to swivel and find her father. With the darkening clouds, Titan was becoming harder to see but so was the filly. Their black coats became sleek and beautiful in the rain and as she stepped up beside him they both looked born from the storm. "Papa, Haukr is near here. She said she saw him but he does not look like he wants to attack," proud to be the one to deliver this information, Heidi looked curiously towards the forest.

She was antsy at the idea of her brother being near. She wanted to run and frolic. Looking to Titan she considered bolting from the herd to go find Haukr. Perhaps she would, her ignorant mind believing she might be able to outrun her father enough to play a little. Titan would certainly not want his kids running amok in such a dangerous situation but she failed to see the threats unless they were right before her. "Call him? I haven't seen him in so long, I should like to play," it was worth a try to ask first. Perhaps if Haukr played with her then he would not snake mares instead as well as protect her. Two birds with one stone.

๏ผฅ๏ผฌ๏ผฉ๏ผบ๏ผก โ”€โ”€ โ the safety of my family is the highest law !! โž
    ( jotunheim valkyrie ) ( 4 ) ( mare ) ( tags: astrid, phantom (haukr) ) ( location: hnitbjorg )
    The shining mare had known she would probably lead the way into Hnitbjorg with her history with it. She waited until Bjorn mobilized and then Titan before she picked up behind the two herds. Nostalgia fell upon her mind like a quilt of feathers and wool, comforting and warm. She could remember her days racing over the vines and roots of Hnitbjorg's compact land, rushing through the stream of Hvergelmir. Remembering the fresh waters and the paradise of it, Eliza was overcome with loyalty to Phantom but longing for her land. She knew it was hard for stallions to claim any of the three occupied territory but oh how she wished to show her herd the beauty of the forests. Shaking out her mane, droplets fell from the dregs that her locks twisted into when wet.

Ahead, they were finally breaking into the tree line just as thunder clapped and a streak of lightning appeared. Thor was definitely present. He was watching. Whisking a scented tail, Eliza believed this a forewarning. It was spring yet the season was arriving with such a notable tempest. Her heat had already arrived and mingled with the upturned soil of the paths that the horses tread upon. What were the gods trying to tell them, she wondered. Looking just slightly to her side, Astrid's spots stood out and kept her visible in the darkening of the forests. What a beautiful herd Phantom ruled over. Spring would surely offer him the most gorgeous of offspring though losing Astrid would be a sight sorely missed. "Do you believe you will leave for one of the kings?" she conversed quietly with the other, trying to soothe the filly's nerves towards the weather. "A preference perhaps for one of them?" Eliza thought of Titan and his magnificent reputation and then her father with his reclusive nature. They were both very different from Phantom.

"I know there are earls around, they might appear during the storm as everyone seems to have the same idea," she added, "Maybe even that devilish Haukr." Eliza could remember a handful of times where Haukr had challenged Phantom with the courage of a young stallion. It seemed he likes to cause trouble and play with the kings which definitely kept them on their toes but Eliza had been near chased once and had revealed her nasty side when pushed around. She was fiercely loyal to Phantom and had quickly scuttled back to his protection despite Haukr's best attempts to snake her away. He was definitely a son of Titan. Even as she thought of the black king's offspring she could see another, Heidi, moving with such energy that you'd think she'd been struck by lightning.

Further off, Bjorn's mare Gull had stopped moving. She was back in her home land. Her ears went forward as she saw her father streak across the territory and vanish behind the thick trunks. He had looked extremely stressed and something told her he was probably on the defense. Shuffling a little towards Phantom she whickered and rubbed her head against his soaked side affectionately. "He must have some trust in you to leave his mares." Eliza understood that it was in all the stallion's best interests to look after one another in this storm. If Bjorn was chasing off another he was doing it for all three of them and not just himself. Pressing close to her herdmates for warmth, Eliza felt something meaningful to happen this night or during this storm.

Her heat grew quietly and she looked thoughtfully at her stallion. He did not believe in the gods as she did. Would he shun her for her thoughts on them? She would have to take the risk. "I should like to conceive a foal in these weathers. I believe the storm will bless him," Eliza told Phantom firmly. The mare had never been shy with her words and she believed Phantom appreciated that in her so she took no time to dance around the matter. "Should this storm last, these are the conditions that I wish for. Thor is trying to tell us something," Eliza was already sure that her first to Phantom would be a son, or so her faith told her. Whether Phantom accepted her views was another matter.
cheshire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xCatastrophex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:25 am

๏ผก ๏ผฌ๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผซ'๏ผณ ๏ผณ๏ผฏ๏ผฎ๏ผง.

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

lone valkyrie โˆ six years โˆ deaf โˆ tags; Bjorn. โˆ location; edge of hnitbjorg.

The rains soon began to fall, a slow fall, but it didnโ€™t take long before she was drenched. Not a moment sooner, the treeline came into veiw and Lark picked up here pace, ducking into the thicket. She slowed to a stop and shook a good deal of precipitation rom her platinum coat. She took a good long look around her surrounding, looking for any sign of danger that could be lurking in the shadows She always remained vigilant and aware of her surroundings. Her lack of hearing made it to where she couldnโ€™t afford not to be. This was te main reason she was always on the move, never staying in one place or too long and why she had never settled into a herd herself. She always felt like an inconvenience; though to no fault of her own.

She snorted softly, flaring her nostrils as she took in the new scents around her. The air was damp, but she could still make out the heavy scent of several other equines. Each from a different family unit. Very strange she thought to herself, though it was not unheard of for different herds to come together in times of crisis. Everyone was looking for shelter in such a time as this.

With a light chuff, Lark figured it was time to move on. She had been standing in this spot for a little too long for her liking. She wove throughout the trees, looking for a semi untouched place to hunker down and wait out the storm; soon coming up on a small clearing, surrounded by evergreens. The mare investigated it heavily, making sure it was safe, before allowing herself to relax a little more and move underneath the evergreenโ€™s curtain like branches. She lowered her head, nipping at a few blades of grass, though she brought her back up just as quickly; taking another vigilant look around her small clearing.

The canopy above did a fairly good job of keeping a good bit of the rain at bay, though a few drops managed to get through here and there. Lark didnโ€™t seem to mind too much. It was a lot better then being drenched and out in the open. A Flash of lightning lit up the forest for a split second, taking the palomino mare of guard causing her to jump a bit. Snorting warily, the mare settled once more, letting her mind wander for a bit. It wasnโ€™t long before an unfamiliar scent alerted her to another presence, bringing her back to attention quickly. The mare searched the shadows, huffing lightly. Swiftly, a pale stallion moved into her line of sight causing her to jump back, letting out a surprised squeal. She snorted, raising her head a bit. With wide eyes, she looked him over, reading his body language. It was obvious that he was not keen on her presence.

Lark lowered her useless audits submissively, taking a few steps back as if to say I mean no harm and that she didnโ€™t want any trouble. However, she didnโ€™t take her blue eyes off of the strange stallion. Lark chuffed lightly, pawing the ground a bit, making it known that she wasnโ€™t comfortable with how close he was, though she understood. She mustโ€™ve wandered into his land. Another flash of lightning illuminated the small clearing, exposing his full form for a split second. He was quite a bit bigger than she was, and she knew she wouldnโ€™t be able to fight him off if things turned violent. She prayed that the godโ€™s wouldnโ€™t allow that to happen.
xCatastrophex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๏ผง๏ผต๏ผฌ๏ผฌ 003

Postby gull. » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 pm

๏ผง๏ผต๏ผฌ๏ผฌ. โž [ 6.4 yrs ] [ hnitbjorg valkryie ] [ emotions: cautious] [ tagged: bjorn, all] [ words: 340 ]
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

Navigating through the thick brush became more difficult by the minute, but Gull was sure of her instincts. She just hoped the other herds were following close behind. Hnitbjorg forest was known to swallow up any unwelcome and naive horses who dared venture into its depths. The air had gotten heavier, with rain following close behind. The heavy precipitation still hung in the clouds above, but heavy, sparse drops had begun to fall on the horses. Receiving an urgent, yet caring nip from Bjorn, Gull quickened her pace. Ears flat to her skull as she weaved through the dark trees. Heavy foliage blanketed the forest floor, which made it impossible to retrace ones steps were they to get lost.

Gull stopped for a moment to look back at all who were present, and to make sure none had been lost. So far everyone was doing well at heeding instructions, but Gull feared for when they made it to the meadow. Not wishing to waste any more time, the bay mare continued on through the brush, a slight mist now filled the air, likely due to the trees dispersing it over their leaves.

Her attention was captured once again by Bjorn, she heard him telling Winter to stay with the group. Gull catch sight of him dashing off into a deeper part of the forest. The anxious mare instantly began thinking of all the things that could go wrong. What had Bjorn sensed that caused him to run off like that? Hopefully it was not a foolish rogue stallion hoping to steal away a mare or two.

Gull cast her deep set umber eyes toward the sky, she could see through the treetops now. That meant they were closer to the meadow. Heavy raindrops began pelting them once again. Gull sighed deeply, both with a sense of nervousness and relief. They would be home very soon, which was a relief, but now Bjorn was absent and Gull was unprepared to deal with two extra herds. She hoped he would return soon.
gull.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me