๐•๐€๐‹๐‡๐€๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐‡๐„๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๏ผ open๏ผ๏ผ

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ๐•๐€๐‹๐‡๐€๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐‡๐„๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๏ผ open๏ผ๏ผ

Postby lynettetan1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:24 am

Midnight's Mirage

If the trip into the forest failed at soothing Bjorn, it was downright unsettling for Phantom. Used to the far reaching plateau's of his land and having all the space in the world, the forest with it's heavy foliage and cloying scents hid far too much for his liking. Phantom couldn't help but spend more then a glance at every branch, every thick trunk that stood like a sentinel in their way. Whilst he had speed, eye sight and the ability to survive on the thin air of the plateaus, he felt as if he was flying blind. Sure, he could move across the soil swiftly, avoiding trunks and sinking into the soil just as easily as he avoided the holes that could break a horse's leg, but he saw nothing but green and brown. The air was thick and full of scents that were too new for him to really aid him in sniffing out any predators. Knowing his weakness, the King watched Eliza and Bjorn's herd closely. When in Rome...

Of course, there was another reason why he looked toward them. After Bjorn's dappled mare had moved over to the golden stallion, Bjorn had shifted, a quick glance toward him. It wasn't hard to tell that the stallion was probably talking about him from his body language. Phantom suppressed a sigh, a lash of his tail the only sign of his annoyance. More than in another territory, the horses from this entire land tended to be terrible gossips, especially on one topic. It wasn't hard to imagine what they would be talking about. After all, Phantom didn't draw much attention on any other area.

Then, they stopped. Were they in position? Phantom could hear whispers of conversation, wisps of words that entered the air and were not snatched away by winds but hid under shelter of leaves. Before he could ask, however, Bjorn pivoted, giving Phantom a look of command and wariness. Phantom fought the urge to sigh once more. He'd already agreed, it wasn't as if extra agreement would somehow solidify his own convictions. He didn't say anything, however, and with a crack of lightning that turned the golden stallion almost ghostly white, Bjorn had dashed off.

Deciding that this meant that they had indeed reached the place they were supposed to go, Phantom let out a rumbling neigh, letting his herd know they could graze and relax. Though they had come here to take shelter, to not use the rich grasses of the forest when they were presented to them would be a foolish move. All the same, he nudged them closer to the center of the horses, staying on the outskirts and in between his and Bjorn's herd so they knew he was looking out too. He still didn't quite know what size of a bush was large enough to cloak a predator, so he kept an eye on all of them, sweeping his gaze across the land every few seconds, trying to learn as quickly as he could.

In his peripheral vision he could see Titan's daughter moving quickly, as if the lightning itself charged her darting spirit. A strong little maiden, he had definitely taken note of her more than once in the past year. However, he did not let his gaze linger too long, not wanting to accidentally offend Titan. This was no time for such a thing, after all.

Eliza had taken to the area as if she'd never left, which made Phantom relax a little. At the very least, she would know if something happened. The golden mare was a dependable sort, though sometimes she didn't quite seem to know how to phrase words, which offended a few other horses. However, it suited Phantom just fine, given how little he spoke anyway. Still, he made a note to ask her for some tips on what to look out for. At the moment, however, she was talking to Astrid, so he simply contented himself with eating and watching, trying desperately to see past the trees, hear past the thunder, and smell past the odour of other horses.

Then, quiet footfalls, and a gentle whicker. Turning toward Eliza, Phantom let out a quiet whicker of greeting in response, leaning slightly into the other mare's touch as he calmed a little. As he caught her words, he tossed them around in his mind for a moment as he usually did. "He has to trust us. He's brought us into his territory. It is a tense situation, so we have no time to bicker amongst ourselves." Perhaps to others not of his herd, his words would have been taken as curt, perhaps even a little ominous, but anyone in his herd would recognise at as his usual mannerisms. Not interested in platitudes or making words sound good, he simply said what he felt, as well as what he would do. If no one brought trouble to him, he was not interested in starting it.

Taking another look at the area, he lipped at her neck quietly, with the rain, her mane had plastered itself to her body, the way he was quite sure his was too, just perhaps not quite yet. His fur tended to be quite thick, after all. "What are the general signs of danger in these parts?" He asked as he worked. He'd agreed to protect the others, after all, it was best that he made himself more capable on his end of the deal.

At one point, he looked up, noting her looking at him almost thoughtfully. Simply continuing, Phantom only noted the observation. Eliza was like him in many ways. If she wished for him to hear her thoughts, she would speak them. At the thought, however, the stallion couldn't help but notice her heat scent, strong and tempting. He wanted to ask, if not for the fact that it would attract other stallions, then for the fact that it might distract the current stallions he was allied with. Still, he thought, looking up at the sky that was weeping copiously unto their backs, it was hardly the time.

Then, she spoke, her thoughts along the same line. Phantom looked at her, slightly surprised. She had spoken little of the Gods in her time with him, so it was a little strange to hear them brought up now, when the weather wasn't exactly something to be thankful for at the moment. All the same, he wouldn't begrudge her her faith. She'd never forced the need to believe in the Gods unto him, and he wouldn't turn around and demand she turned her back on something he couldn't even disprove. Even now, as she spoke of her beliefs, she didn't expect him to echo her thoughts, simply stating what she wanted him to do in return. It was why Phantom had found himself so enamoured with the mare in the first place, other than her loyalty. If he had to pick favourites, she would definitely stand amongst them, young age or not.

But, could they? Bjorn still had not returned, and the crackles of thunder above seemed to enforce that it was a silly idea. However, if she wanted a child whilst there was still thunder, there would not be a better time. Also, whilst waiting for Bjorn to return would be good in terms of security, having the stallion come back just to watch Phantom bedding his daughter might tred on the golden stallion's sensibilities, wound up as he already seemed to be. Silent in thought, Phantom watched his mare quietly, observed how she almost shone with quiet determination. He looked about at the others, at how it seemed to be peaceful (or as peaceful as three herds crammed in a meadow could possibly get), and took a deep breath. Already starting to get used to the forest air, he took a deep sniff, sensing no predators, nor no scent of horses close enough to lunge a sneak attack.

Deliberating, Phantom looked at Eliza, trusting the golden mare's opinion. "I would like to go with what you wish, but do you think it's safe?" His want to cover her or not, he wouldn't put the herds at risk if there really was danger. (fade?)

Northern Quiver

Her daughter was definitely making a show. Telling herself that youngsters would be youngsters, Thera fought the urge to give her excitable daughter a real nip, instead letting herself marvel at Heidi's strength and speed. Anyone looking at Heidi would be able to see how the maiden brimmed with potential. Though definitely arrogant, the maiden was strong enough to withstand more than a few setbacks. At her words entered the air, full of the vigour of youth and the wish for attention and drama, Thera simply let out a quiet nicker of amusement to appease the maiden yet not anger the king. "With winter drawing to a close, any stallion would enjoy the company of a mare. It is easy to see how that may turn into attraction when cloaked with the promise of spring, even towards those who would not reciprocate."

Giving her daughter an encouraging smile, Thera flicked her tail almost coyly, continuing. "However, I am quite sure a young, talented maiden would be able to deepen that attraction to love, if she so chose." Though her daughter was bold and arrogant, she was also cunning and devastatingly smart, and it was not Thera's intention to bring her down. Being one of her own, Thera knew that her daughter should aim for the best.

At her obedience, Thera's allowed herself to be soothed though she knew it was also partly because her daughter didn't have any other distractions at the moment. However, as she left to inform Titan, Thera couldn't help but notice the eagerness in her step. Perhaps she should have chosen her messenger a little more carefully. All the same, both Heidi and Thera were so used to each other that the false nip was pulled off perfectly, and Thera couldn't imagine such a thing being quite as seamless with Norelys, though the other mare would possibly have been less excitable.

As Bjorn's herd moved to a stop, Thera stopped as well, moving closer to the other herds but still far enough that they were three distinguishable herds. Looking around with curiosity, she took down the lay of the land. With heavy foliage and roots grappling the ground, the ground did not shift restlessly under her hooves like they did at Alfheim, and the air did not carry the salty breeze she was used to. Still, the grass was rich (as she quickly found upon taking a bite), and it seemed like a place that was silent, but not in a barren way as it was in jotunheim. Instead, the land seemed quiet with life, instead of the noise of the waves that filled Alfheim beaches. It definitely was going to take a lot of getting used to.

As a drop bounced off her forehead, Thera shook her head in slight surprise. The storm started in earnest, and with a showy movement, Bjorn was gone. Watching him dash off, Thera took another bite of grass, before looking at her herd. Finding them distracted, she whickered to the stragglers quietly, calling them to her. She didn't feel like letting them go too far, not when she did not know what was dangerous. As she did so, she noted the faintest of her heat returning, but clamped it down. This was hardly the time. She did enjoy getting rid of her heat as soon as it appeared, but it seemed this year that would have to take a rest. All the same, she had two foals since Heidi, both of which had passed because of unfortunate circumstances, which was a shame. She did hope that she would be able to safeguard the next one, when it came.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unnamed » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:58 pm

๏ผด ๏ผฉ ๏ผด ๏ผก ๏ผฎ ๏ผ ๏ผ
alfheim king . eleven years . stallion . tags: heidi . location: edge of hnjtiborg

The closer they got to Hnjtiborg the heavier the rain fell; pelting his coat and soaking him from nose to hoof. The ground beneath them began to sink with every new step in such a way that mud began coating the fringe of his legs. In front of him Thera was still clearly made out but Heidi was beginning to fade into the darkness of the storm. It was the occasional jab of lightning that illuminated her figure that kept him from fully losing sight of her. He returned his eyes forward and it was than that he caught sight of Bjorn's wandering eye; suddenly feeling his pride the black king held himself even higher and brought his own body closer to his mares. If the other king continued looking his eyes wouldn't be able to avoid seeing Titan's looming figure. Like clockwork Heidi teased the situation and without warning Titan abruptly nipped at her flank in a warning, "Quiet Heidi." He knew fully well that Thera was a desirable mare in the lands. She was as knowledgeable as they came and nearly all of the foals she had were strong and healthy (save for a few recent incidents), in these times that was what the kings needed in mares.

Eventually the stallion dropped back into his previous position which allowed room for the mares to gossip and talk without his immediate overhearing - in his opinion they gossiped far too much anyways. A few moments later he watched as Thera nipped at Heidi and the young mare dropped back towards him. He couldn't help but wonder why Thera had done it, she was normally so calm and patient with Heidi. Perhaps it was due to the move? His question was answered a moment later as Heidi delivered the information of his estranged son's presence. Yes, how typical. He had once been so proud of Haukr and though Titan never believed that the stallion would claim a spot as king (this, of course, because Titan believed in his mother's tales) his son was worthy of carrying Titan's lineage in some other land perhaps. Rippling Brook had been too motherly towards Haukr, the foal had been cursed from beginning and this was why Titan believed he hadn't come out with an ebony coat and why he would never defeat any king in battle.

Heidi's sudden request for him to be called had Titan snorting angrily. The ebony king put himself in front of his daughter suddenly, forcing the two to stop in place while the rest of the herd continued. "Do not ever think to frolic anywhere with that earl, brother or not, do you understand me? He is repeatedly disrespectful towards not only myself but the other kings and should you get caught with him you'll no longer be desired," he was harsh at first but his tone calmed a moment later, "You are my daughter and a true testament to a lineage that is favored by the gods. You are worthy of only the best. You'll make an incredible lead mare one day but to get there you must remain focused. Haukr is not of any concern to you." He dropped his head as he spoke to look directly into her eyes with the hope that she would heed his words. Motioning towards the other mares he turned and began following again, "Now go, catch up with your mother."

As they dove deeper into the forests he remained closer to the mares, his eyes watchful and ears diligent for any signs of danger. He didn't know what to look for here and could only hope he'd see it before anything managed to get to them. It wasn't long before they reached their destination that Bjorn was suddenly leaving but not before giving what was both a warning and request to the kings to ensure his herd's safety and threaten their lives. Though he was normally not the one to take such threats sitting down he understood that on Bjorn's turf - a tricky one at that - he'd be dead without the other king's assistance. He moved closer to his own herd, pressing his nose against Thera's neck in a silent thank you. Though he could smell her heat beginning to arise he was hesitant on inquiring about it. He wasn't sure she'd have any desire after the last few foals.

๏ผก๏ผณ๏ผด๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผค ๏ผ ๏ผ
jotunheim maiden . two years . mare . tags: eliza, phantom . location: jotunheim

Astrid had followed behind Eliza quietly, remaining close to the other in fear of something coming out and grabbing her in the unknown forest. She had only ever know the vast lands of Jotunheim and wasn't keen on leaving the familiar place for a new herd, let alone going somewhere she'd never been because of some storm. However, she was aware that at some point she'd have to leave the comfort and safety of her father's herd so perhaps this would give her a chance to see another land and experience it? Perhaps she would even find that she liked it. She looked to her side as Eliza spoke up again in an attempt at conversation wit her, "I'm not sure. I haven't given it much thought truthfully." She thought of her possibilities in that moment. There was Bjorn, Eliza's own sire, who was stunning in appearance and hid away in the very forests they were entering. Than of course there was the ebony stallion Titan who ruled Alfheim. Either one would be suitable she supposed.

As Eliza brought up Haukr her ears pressed against her head. The earl had visited Jotunheim many a time to attempt to snake a mare or challenge Phantom in battle and thus far had yet to be successful in his endeavors. Although not a terrible stallion Astrid wasn't quite sure he was who she sought. "Oh I don't know about all of that. When I have foals I want to know they'll be protected and a herd is needed for that," she mused softly. She was fully aware that there were some who got lucky and foals survived to be healthy and strong but she could only imagine that an earl would be more concerned chasing down other mares to build his herd than spending time protecting foals.

As they walked further into Hnjtiborg she glanced from side to side warily in observation. The foliage was dense and she found herself walking behind Eliza in order to not run into any of the trees or through a bush. The forest floor was rather dark and she imagined it wasn't just from the rain; the canopy of trees above them provided shelter and even now beneath them the rain no longer pelted her as harshly. She found the unknown of the forest almost serene in a dark way. You could spend an entire day walking, lost completely in the tranquil green of the forest or ambushed by a predator. Wonderful. When they halted to a stop she looked towards the other two herds who were now coming closer together within themselves. She'd certainly never seen them all this close in her lifetime and couldn't help but wonder how long it had truly been since they had been this close.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueChai » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 pm

๐’œ ๐’ฒ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡'๐“ˆ ๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘”

9 years | Hnitbjorg | Valkyrie Mare | Location: Hnitbjorg | Tags: Bjorn, Gull, and Titan

Winter listened to Bjorn's words intently, then bowed her head in response. "Yes, I will do my best to comfort our foals. Be careful, Ironborn." Her blue irises watched her robust stallion leave, and picked up her speed to move alongside Gull. She still glowed about the compliment Bjorn had given her about her voice. He commented on her voice often, calling it a gift from the gods. Winter couldn't help but feel giddy like a young maiden every time. Bjorn always seemed to enjoy flattering his mares. The precipitation crashing down above them seemed to become relentless, the thick canopy providing less and less shelter with the growing weight atop it. Her thick, sepia mane plastered against her neck and her thick lashes fluttered against her irises in an attempt to keep invading rain water out. As she let her mind wander, the mare couldn't help but ponder at who Bjorn may encounter on his patrol. She grew worrisome, and silently prayed he would return unharmed. Who knew what kind of horses had the same idea as all of them, to seek shelter in the weaving mazes of the great forest. 'Perhaps he will be confronted by a stronger stallion, an aggressive earl. One that would defeat the great Ironborn.' She thought to herself, but shook her crown to deny the thought. 'How silly of me, to doubt the strength of our king. He is as strong as 10 stallions, and as intimidating as a pack of wolves. He couldn't be defeated.' She reassured herself, and dismissed the anxious thought from her mind. Her audits swiveled backwards as the distant sound of Titan's scolding voice was heard. Turning her head, she halted to observe the situation. The ebony stallion seemed to be scolding his daughter about something, but she couldn't make the words out. Winter couldn't help but roll her eyes, and continue the travel beside Gull. She hardly knew Titan, she has never even uttered a word to him. Nonetheless, she disliked the king. She found him to be too arrogant, and too over bearing. 'Always stomping around like he's everyone's king and thinking he's a mighty god or something' Winter thought to herself. She liked to think Bjorn was more modest, and Winter appreciated modesty in a horse.

๐”ธ ๐”ฝ๐•’๐•๐•”๐• ๐•Ÿ'๐•ค ๐”ฝ๐•–๐•’๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ

3.5 years | Earl | Location: Edge of Hnitbjorg | Tags: Thera,Titan, and Heidi

As the golden stallion moved slowly behind the group, the sight of Thera giving her daughter a nip was strange to him. He had always remembered Thera being a very patient mother with Heidi, but he decided to overlook the scene. His dark eyes followed Heidi's figure as she cantered towards their father. Haukr let out a soft, longing sigh. How he missed frolicking with his sister, the games they used to play always lifted his spirit. Having not spoken to her since his exile, he deeply missed being around her. She had always been his best friend, always by his side. The warmth of the memories was quickly replaced with boiling anger as his eyes shifted to his father. How he despised Titan for his exile, for taking his happiness away from him. If only he wasn't in the picture, Haukr could play and laugh with Heidi until the sun set and he could have as many mares as he wanted. Haukr flicked his tail forcefully and flared his nostrils as he attempted to compose his frustration. The attention on his anger was shifted as he noticed the two dark horses stop abruptly. Titan had halted in from of Heidi, and appeared to be scolding her. Haukr couldn't help but think it was about him somehow, perhaps they noticed his presence. Not wanting to take a chance of confrontation, the earl changed his route. Slowing his pace, he veered to the left. Haukr decided to flank the herds from afar instead of lingering behind them. As he fell into a distant position, his eyes darting about the many horses in the distance. The enticing aroma of heat seemed to tug at his nostrils, beckoning him to the beautiful mares. He shook his head in an attempt to distract himself. Now was not the time to be fawning over mares, he needed to focus on getting to shelter and staying undetected.

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜“๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜™๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ

3 months | Filly | Location: Idavoll | Tags: Mazikeen

The blue filly's head was raised in awe, her eyes wide at the sight at of the rain pelting her and her mother. Gaagi was soaked to the skin, but she didn't seem to mind. She was too captivated by the beautiful and new sight. Being so young, she has never seen a storm like this one, and didn't have much of a fear for it. In fact, the filly found it entertaining. Letting out an exhilarated whinny, she cantered past her mother and stamped her petite hooves into the pools of muddy water that wove through the grass. Her stamping sent beads of mud into the air, sprinkling her limbs and her mother's chest. Gaagi let out a small giggle, and looked over at her dam. "Momma, where are we going?" Gaagi asked, and stopped her playing to follow behind Mazikeen. Gaagi and her mother have been alone for as long as the young filly has been alive, she hardly had memories of her sire. They were always traveling from place to place. As her gaze wandered, Gaagi's curiousity was caught but a group of horses moving in a dark mass of trees in the far distance, they were hardly visible due to the thick clouds blocking out the sunlight. "What are they doing? Gaagi asked yet another question, and gestured her head towards the ominous forest.
BlueChai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐•๐€๐‹๐‡๐€๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐‡๐„๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๏ผ bjorn&heidi&eliza&mazikeen ๏ผ๏ผ

Postby cheshire. » Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 am

๏ผข๏ผช๏ผฏ๏ผฒ๏ผฎ โ”€โ”€ โ fear the reckoning of those you have wronged !! โž
    โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
    ( hnitbjorg king ) ( 14 ) ( stallion ) ( tags: lark) ( location: hnitbjorg )
    Within his line of vision stood the strange mare that Bjorn had come across. Conflict flashed along his face as he looked at her, drenched in the pelting rain and clearly frightened. His ears swiveled in clear discomfort at having come across this situation. The best line of action was to snake her out of the territory. To have her here was a threat to his herd and the alliance between the kings. Should she choose to come unannounced into the heart of Hnitbjorg where the others resided there would be more than his thoughts he would need to reason with. Knowing Phantom, he was picky with his mares and would rather defend his own than risk them for a strange female. As for Titan, little could Bjorn predict of his nature if such a circumstance were to arise. Bjorn himself was torn between many thoughts that presided in his cranium. It was unusual for an unknown horse to venture into this territory simply due to the dangerous nature of its canopies and hidden threats. If it had been any other day then he would have welcomed her. She was a matured equine and didn't appear to be the offspring of any of the kings, a perfect horse to assimilate into Hnitbjorg.

But it was not such a day so Bjorn needed to come to a decision. She was acting submissively but no coherent language came from her. Instead she communicated with her body, something Bjorn quietly appreciated. "I can offer you shelter but you must behave. Otherwise you are not welcome here." Already he was dreading the outrage the kings would have upon bringing a stranger into their herds. If she belonged to another stallion then Bjorn was practically welcoming violence into his home. This is a terrible idea, he bumbled to himself grumpily. It was too late now; once a decision was made he would have to go through.

Upon the blank look in her eyes at his words he began to wonder if she truly understood. Was she from outside Valhalla? Dropping his defensive stance he took two strides forward, only breaths away from her. With all the delicacy as if she were a newborn filly, Bjorn reached forward, his lips whispering across her jaw. When it seemed she may accept his advances he circled to the back of the mare and bobbed his head, nodding her in the direction of the others. Come, he interpreted into his movements, herding her. Should she run, Bjorn would snake her out of the territory all together. Though her placid nature had him hoping she would obey and cause minimal distress among the other horses. If he could get her back to Gull and Winter then he knew for sure that she would be safe. His mares were fierce and protective. Not only that but they trusted his word and if he said this mare would be in their company until the storm passed then he knew they would be in favour.

๏ผจ๏ผฅ๏ผฉ๏ผค๏ผฉ โ”€โ”€ โ it might make them mad but it will make you free !! โž
    โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
    ( alfheim descendant ) ( 3 ) ( mare ) ( tags: titan, thera, haukr) ( location: hnitbjorg )
    It seemed most of Heidi's compliments and lessons came hand in hand these days. One usually followed the other and in this case it was scold then praise. She believed her parents were just trying to educate her as they had done so well the beginning three years of her life. Yet upon her fathers stern words, Heidi shrank in shame. She had not thought of Haukr's spars with the kings and the strain it must put on Titan. Furthermore the idea of being undesirable frightened the young horse. The ideal life was under the wing of a stallion and if frolicking with her brother would prevent that then Heidi would have to give him up. Ears flicked back as she listened to Titan's sharp words, noting the way he spoke with abyssal black eyes on her. Before she could even reply he had dismissed her and Heidi sulked back to her mother, the spring gone from her step.

She could not see Haukr through the thickness of the angry rain and was too busy brooding in her thoughts that she bumped into her mothers rump. Like a kicked puppy, she rubbed up close to her, head on her mother's back (an easy feat considering she was given her fathers height) and an exaggerated sigh. "I hate when he is mad at me, I want him to be proud," she mused out loud. Her bond with Thera had always been a particularly close one. They shared and chirped their thoughts together like birds and Heidi always valued both Thera and Titan's advice. Looking to the rim of the treeline she wondered if Haukr was out there and how he must feel being all alone. Would Titan chase her out, too? Heidi suddenly worried about her life away from her family. If she was to be alone, how would she survive without the quick senses and wise minds of sire and dam. Giving a snort, the ebony filly reminded herself that her father would never leave her undefended. Heck, he was probably going to chase off any male suitors no matter how perfect they were. You are worthy of only the best. His words echoed and she relaxed, a little more content.

๏ผฅ๏ผฌ๏ผฉ๏ผบ๏ผก โ”€โ”€ โ the safety of my family is the highest law !! โž
    ( jotunheim valkyrie ) ( 4 ) ( mare ) ( tags: phantom, astrid ) ( location: hnitbjorg ) ( in gestation )
    Some moments later. After the consummation of Eliza's relationship with Phantom, the mare seemed somewhat more relaxed. The tension and heat in her body had been satisfied, leaving her more placid. As with any mare she was less hospitable of her stallion now that she'd had him for what she wanted but her personal preference for her company stopped her from chasing him off. Whisking her tail and sending water flying, Eliza picked up on conversation so blunt it was like nothing had ever occurred moments before. "Danger is around almost every bend in Hnitbjorg. Caves, dens and trodden paths are best avoided. Predators will watch the trails we regulate and hide in the trees waiting for us. Wolves are usually of little threat provided you are healthy and among large numbers. Cougars and snakes are the bigger issue. A cougar causes such terrible bleeding with its claws and a snake can kill with a bite."

She informed both Phantom and Astrid, all too happy to give them the knowledge that might save their lives in this land. In the back of her mind she remembered her father telling her the exact same things, her voice echoing them now. Eliza near giggled at the thought of Bjorn having returned when her and Phantom were busy. She could feel a lightness in her bones and a good omen upon her about the future of the foal that she would birth. Perhaps that was the cause of her giddiness despite the weather. The storm didn't seem so bad now that there was significance of it. Moving to groom Astrid's fur idly she huddled the herd up, noting the way that the other two herds operated. Bjorn's mares seemed independent. While both soft spoken, he seemed confident enough to leave them for periods of time. Titan's off spring were known for their energy and mischievous natures but his mares themselves were usually wise and notable mothers. As for the horses of Jotunheim, she considered them very familial.

"Will you try to bring any more into Jotunheim this season, Phantom? It will be quite lonely when Astrid finds her own stallion."

๏ผญ๏ผก๏ผบ๏ผฉ๏ผซ๏ผฅ๏ผฅ๏ผฎ โ”€โ”€ โ the moments we've spent have passed !! โž
    ( valkyrie ) ( 9 ) ( mare ) ( tags: gaagi) ( location: hnitbjorg )
    Mazikeen rarely felt worry. She knew enough about Valhalla to keep her and her foal safe but with this strange weather, she was really beginning to stress. The obvious answer was to move into Hnitbjorg but as Gaagi had observed, there were many already in the sheltered land. Were she to take her daughter in she would be risking her life at the hands of a king. Spraying water droplets from her nose she summoned Gaagi back to her, nipping her for splashing about. "Don't come running to me when you're cold and muddy because you frolicked in the puddles," she warned softly. Of course it was an empty threat, Mazikeen would always shelter and care for the young one. She would have to do what's right no matter the danger. With that thought in mind she nodded towards the thicket of greenery. It was beginning to become a blur in the darkening air. The rain was becoming deafening. "We are going into Hnitbjorg. You must stay close with me, there are many dangers in there. Including stallions who will harm you."

The dark mare wouldn't sugarcoat the threat of moving into the trees. It was almost impossible not to come across an obstacle in there. Even the creeping vines were a tripping hazard for her delicate daughter. Many broken bones came from the unstable terrain of the forest. With a sigh of wariness she traveled towards the territory, nickering for Gaagi to keep up and keep close. Mazikeen would die protecting her filly but ideally she'd like to avoid that. Flaring her nostrils she could smell the mares and stallions, even through the mask of the rain. They needed to tread very carefully.
Last edited by cheshire. on Tue May 08, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheshire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:14 am

Midnight's Mirage

(Fade)

Standing beside Eliza, Phantom watched as she seemed to relax, an edge off her mind smoothed clean. He took a step further from the mare to give her space. Mares often tended to have different reactions once covered, some with affection, some with a weary resignation, and others still with some distance, and Phantom had no wish to demand her affection. As it was his first time covering the mare, he wasn't too sure of her reactions, and so wanted to be a decent distance away in case she decided that she needed space. When she continued speaking however, his head perked up, before his head sneaked over to nudge her gently, making sure that she was listening too. this was important.

Listening gravely, he imagined the various threats in his mind, cataloguing them carefully and filing them away. When she was done, he nodded in thanks, before watching Eliza carefully. Something seemed to amuse the mare, and though she did not laugh nor show it outwardly, there was a sort of youthful glee embedded in her spirit that seemed to exude from her. Perhaps getting the blessings of the Gods mattered more to her than she had let on. He himself was riding a surge of satisfaction that came from covering a mare, which combined with a feeling of relief, given that Bjorn hadn't come back before they were done. As Eliza herded the herd closer together, Phantom stayed on the outskirts, reminding himself to remain watchful. Absentmindedly, he groomed Eliza's wither's a little, before stopping to take a quick look around once more.

The heavy forest air was something the stallion was slowly getting used to, and whilst it was thick and waxy, he now knew it and the horses around him enough to smell when something was different. Still unable to distinguish the individual scents but knowing abnormalities, he scented the briefest hint of foreign horse. His ears perking, he scanned the area, trying to make out any shapes, but the scents were faint, seeming quite far away. He relaxed slightly. He knew that with the storm, lots of horses would be attempting to brave the predators for some shelter. All the same, his promise had been to not bring foreign horses with him and to protect the herds. Explicitly searching for and chasing other horses now wasn't a priority.

Taking a step closer to Bjorn's herd as they were undefended, Phantom let out a low whicker to get the attention of Bjorn's mares, to which he bobbed his head politely, his message clear. Come a little closer. I won't harm you. Though he had promised to take care of Bjorn's herd and it was a promise he was going to keep, he wasn't going to leave his own herd. The three stallions all had relatively sizable herds compared to the earls around here, and three stallions or not, this was a lot of valkyries and maidens in one place, so having them spread out didn't really help. He hadn't heard much about the Hnitbjorg mares, but from what he could see they seemed like the peaceable and reasonable sort, if anxious, and he wondered if they shared Bjorn's devotion to the Gods.

Whilst he did so, he noticed one of said mares-WInter, if he remembered correctly- look toward Titan's herd. Looking over curiously as well, Phantom found the larger king scolding his coal black daughter, who went to sulk with her mother, placing a large head on her mother's smaller body almost puppyishly. Phantom looked down, hiding his amusement. Titan's children sure were a handful, especially that pesky stallion Haukr. The Earl had tried to snake Phantom's herd many times, to the irritation of the older King, but did shine with a kind of vibrant determination that drew eyes to him. Phantom just wished he would stop going after his herd.

From his side, Eliza spoke, and Phantom's ear swivelled toward her to listen. He pondered her words, thinking about it. He bit back the reflexive denial of Astrid's leaving, of how she could stay for another year and slowly consider her choices, knowing Astrid's departure would definitely happen sooner or later. All the same, she was all that reminded him of her mother and had grown into wonderful company to have around, so to see Phantom had a soft spot for her would be an understatement. Nuzzling Astrid gently and lipping at her forelock, Phantom thought.

More horses would definitely be a good thing, as the sparse grasses of Jotunheim didn't provide the best protection during winter. During the winter months, what helped the most was each other's fur coats, and the more they had, the better. All the same, he loathed the thought of just bringing in mares as portable space heaters, especially if they were very loud. he had run into his far share of herds broken up by infighting, and wouldn't tolerate it. In fact, the stallion was seen as an odd one, known for actively driving a mare out if she kept starting fights or kept wanting to leave or court band earls to his herd. Finally, he nodded. "I will try, though if I succeed depends on luck and chemistry." There weren't many lone valkyries in Valhalla, though there was a bay that wandered around frequently. There were also the other valkyries, three shy ones from Hnitbjorg as well as 2 from Alfheim, one being Heidi herself. Yes, there was definitely a chance for trying his luck here and there.

On that note, there would probably be stallions coming for Astrid as well, in addition to the ones that usually harried his herd. With a long suffering sigh, Phantom looked his daughter over. "Tell me if you actually want me to not drive away a stallion. I'll take it into consideration." He couldn't promise to not drive them away, after all, they had to be capable and not too young, but at the same time, he had to let his daughter explore her choices on her own. Having maidens at this age in this season was always a harrowing experience.

Northern Quiver

On high alert as she was, it was hard to pretend not to notice Titan stopping Heidi so they both could have a conversation. Well, a lecture, probably. What had Heidi said to get Titan so worked up? Thera tried to resist the urge to eavesdrop, but when the herds stopped and they came within earshot she figured it was too much to *consciously* tune them out, so why not listen?

Thera didn't believe that Heidi had done anything terribly wrong. Given how hotblooded and full of strength Titan was, a short fuse on the stallion was almost inevitable, and things tended to trigger larger emotions in him. As he spoke of Haukr, Thera let out a soft sigh. oh, Heidi. Why did she think that going to play with her brother would be encouraged by Titan? Titan calmed down just as quickly as he flared up, however, and with a few sentences, he consoled her quietly, before sending her Thera's way.

On that note, where was Haukr? Thera absentmindedly gazed about, seeing a somewhat disapproving looking Winter, and Phantom's eyes on the small scuffle, but no sign of the large dun body that was Haukr. She knew he'd been in the area, but he wasn't daft, so maybe he took a longer way around. Content that he had gone some distance, Thera relaxed a little, happier now that they were under shelter and that the young earl had chosen not to cause trouble. Three stallions together was already a volatile situation, and with Bjorn wound tight as a spring and Titan's usual temperament, it wouldn't take much to start a fight. Add in Phantom's unpredictability and Thera really didn't want to see a conflict.

When a horse bumped against her, Thera turned, about to give a disapproving look to whomever it was. She wasn't about to kick or nip, given that bumping was inevitable in such close quarters, but so soon into their journey? Seeing the sight of her daughter, however, Thera's heart softened, seeing her daughter's dispirited look. Nudging her daughter back affectionately, Thera nuzzled her daughter, laughing as Heidi's head settled, a familiar weight on her back. Heidi had loved doing it since she was a foal, trying to reach up to place the tip of her nose on Thera's side, and now Heidi had to bend down to reach her mother. It was times like these that Thera really remembered how much her daughter had grown.

"I know you do," she said with a gentle whicker, letting her daughter mope it out as she continued "Believe me, he is proud of you. It's because he is that he places so much pressure on you in the first place. The Gods will work things out, and even if they don't, your father will bite the world till it gives you it's best." Her words were accompanied with a slight huff of laughter. Sure, Titan had his flaws, but a lack of care toward his herd would never be one of them. Heidi relaxed after a moment, and Thera simply continued grooming her daughter, letting her company and familiar actions soothe the maiden.

Almost on cue, Titan appeared, his nose a welcome nudge against her neck. With his presence, Thera noticed her heat more, though she placed it aside. She was still in her early stages, after all, and with her daughter needing reassurance it wasn't really the thing on her mind. Nuzzling him gently, Thera let out a low whicker, before speaking. "Could you help me take care of this once this is all over?" The words were punctuated by a minimal sweep of the tail, enough to let him know what she was referring to, but not enough to draw too much attention. Thera didn't want a foal now, but also knew that if she rejected him out right or didn't bring it up he might think that she didn't want a foal at all. She did, it was just that thunder wasn't the best time.

Not that they seem to mind... She thought, catching Eliza and Phantom out of the corner of her eye. Brushing it out her mind though, Thera looked at the stallion. Now that they had a spot of piece, she did want a few answers. "What did you have to promise to Bjorn for us to be allowed this expedition? It must be a lot, he seems to have his hooves knotted." After bringing them into his territory, Bjorn had only gotten more keyed up. Given how reclusive he often was, she didn't expect him to allow them this so easily. What exactly had Titan and Phantom had that was so valuable? Or did he do this just to be kind? Many questions were running through the mare's mind, but she said nothing. Flooding Titan with a barrage of questions was a sure way to annoy the stallion.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unnamed » Wed May 09, 2018 4:39 pm

๏ผด ๏ผฉ ๏ผด ๏ผก ๏ผฎ ๏ผ ๏ผ
alfheim king . eleven years . stallion . tags: heidi, thera, phantom . location: hnjtiborg

Titan loved his daughter with his entire being but in so many ways he believed his daughter not ready to venture out alone yet. Though strong and solid and sure to be a good addition to any herd she wasn't as mature as he hoped she'd be at this point and this was shown in her desire to spend time frolicking with Haukr. If she attempted this in the other king's lands they wouldn't simply scold her, they'd likely drive her from the herd for the trouble she was sure to bring. She was practically welcoming Haukr into territory and his son was just as opportunistic as he was and would surely take advantage of his sister's desire to see him once again. The ebony king loathed the thought of his daughter being left without a herd. He knew though that if it ever came to that he'd surely take her back in. He'd rather her remain with him for her life instead of living hers alone.

By the time Thera had nuzzled him Titan had raised his head back up to peer into the darkness of the night. Though unsure of what he was actually looking for he was intent on doing so anyways. His ears swiveled back when she spoke and only a moment later, when the scent of her heat caught his attention did he turn to look at her. He studied her quietly for a moment. He typically preferred getting mare's heat out the way quickly as he knew that some got either antsy or aggressive with other mares but he knew her all too well. Even in her heat she was always calm and patient and he'd always let her choose when she desired to rid of it. He was more concerned in this moment of her risking herself with another foal but eventually the stallion simply nodded his head, "Of course." He nuzzled her gently in comfort.

As was expected Thera questioned him on the nature of their venture into unknown territory. A soft chuckle escaped him, wise beyond her years she liked knowing things and had never been shy about asking him these things either. "Bjorn has offered us sanctuary in the forest for the duration of the storm and in return Phantom and I have agreed to offer our protection against predators though I myself chose not to help him protect against the earls," he informed her. He thought about his son currently residing in the thicket with the herds now and though he still didn't desire to spread himself too thin and leave his own herd potentially unprotected he believed that should Haukr cause harm the gods would look upon Titan without favor. If this was truly a test as Bjorn had suggested than Titan wouldn't have his own kin be the cause of failure. "However, with Haukr nearby I fear that I can no longer abide by my original decision. I believed no earls would dare attempt to snake mares during this weather but Haukr knows no boundaries. Remain here, the other kings need to be warned," he whispered lowly to her.

Raising his head back up he casted a warning glance to his mares, "Stay close together. Move closer to Bjorn's herd if you must but be wary of moving too close. I'll be back." With that the king began moving slowly towards the only other king currently in sight. He was careful to give the mares of Bjorn's herd space and for once his head was lowered just enough to show he meant no harm. He had to be careful, play the game of politics that seemed to occur when the kings were in close proximity. As he neared Phantom he stopped close enough for his frame to be visible and far enough to remain respectful. He dipped his head low in a sign of respect and snorted a short greeting before raising his head once again to meet the other kings eyes. "I feel I must warn you and retract my former statement. Though you may not need it I will offer my protection of your mares from earls as it seems my son, Haukr, has entered Hnjtiborg with us," he warned the other. One could never doubt Phantom's ferocity as a king even though the brown stallion may not appear so. The former Jotunheim king was no small stallion, in fact Titan had been a foal of the former king and knew the other's size. Considering Phantom had overthrown the former it was a given that the stallion was a skilled fighter.

"With that said I believe we should move both of our herds closer to Bjorn's while he is away. His mares are strong and capable but Haukr acts much like a snake and will take advantage of a situation if he desires to," he proposed. He doubted Bjorn would be delighted to see the herds even closer together but under the circumstances he was assuming that it would be forgiven.

๏ผก๏ผณ๏ผด๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผค ๏ผ ๏ผ
jotunheim maiden . two years . mare . tags: eliza, phantom . location: jotunheim

While Eliza and Phantom had spoken Astrid had distanced herself slightly from the two, aware of the situation unfolding and with no desire to observe it any further. She busied herself nipping at the grass beneath her hooves contently. While most mares were beginning to go into heat the young mare had yet to get hers and was perfectly content with that and thought more on the matter of leaving. Although spending more time with the herd and horses she adored she realized it was quite simply time to. Every mare went through it when they reached the right age and sticking around longer than necessary provided nothing useful except lost time. Truthfully how bad could it be? She'd get to meet new horses and explore new territories. Leaving might not be so bad, after all she couldn't cling to Phantom forever and rely on his protection. Eventually he'd chase her out.

The mare had become so entranced with her own thoughts that she hadn't even registered Eliza and Phantom once again speaking until she felt Eliza suddenly grooming her which caused her to jerk in surprise before sighing a quiet 'oh' when she realized who it was. She relaxed once more and allowed her current herd mate to do as she pleased - though the rain that drenched them defeated the purpose. She listened attentively now as Eliza questioned whether Phantom would bring more mares in. "It wouldn't be a terrible idea to increase the size of the herd with winter coming," she commented softly. She had experienced enough of the cold in Jotunheim to know that the more warm bodies present the better for everyone. Her mother, who although had already been very ill at the time, had died during the last freezing months when temperatures and winds made it even colder than the previous year. She'd hate to hear of another horse succumbing to the same fate.

When Phantom nuzzled her she leaned into him gently, while he wasn't the most social of horse he'd always made time to talk with her and she'd always adored him for it. Horses outside the herd may not have seen it but Phantom was a wonderful king and an even better horse in general. Stern when he needed to be yet calm and caring when around those he cherished. As he mentioned he'd try but it depending on other factors the mare silently thought that he'd certainly have no trouble at all. He always brought in wonderful mares and she quietly beamed with pride knowing her father would never have trouble gaining other mares for his herd.

At his pained sigh her ears fell flat against her head as she realized she'd been the cause of it. She was well aware that he wanted to see her sent off to a good stallion and a good herd even though he wasn't exactly excited to see her go. Even though she'd be leaving he still desired to protect her. With that she dipped her head underneath his and nuzzled him, which wasn't a difficult task considering she was slightly smaller than he was. "I promise I'll let you know and I'll promise he'll be one you'll be happy to send me off to," she mumbled gently before backing up to allow the king his space. Astird wasn't one to shy away from showing affection but realized not all horses were the same so she made it a point to limit herself as much as possible.

As a figure approached the small group through the storm she recognized the dark figure to be Titan and instinctively took a step back to position herself behind Phantom. The dark horse was certainly a sight to behold with his large size that blended into the night though Astrid had no desire to spend any time with him. She was aware of how Titan treated his foals and while it wasn't badly she knew he kept somewhat of a distance from them. Astrid didn't like that and desired a stallion more likely to commit himself to his young. She listened quietly as he explained his presence to Phantom and she looked at her father to see what the other king had to say about the matter.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rhaenys [1] ยฐ elysia [1] ยฐ sammael [1]

Postby azhefa. » Wed May 09, 2018 6:03 pm

xxxx
โšœ ยฐ ๏ผฒ๏ผจ๏ผก๏ผฅ๏ผฎ๏ผน๏ผณ ยฐ โšœ
{ แด›สœแด‡ส€แด‡ ษช๊œฑ ษดแด ษขส€แด‡แด€แด›แด‡ส€ แดกแด€ส€ส€ษชแดส€ แด›สœแด€ษด แด€ แดแดแด›สœแด‡ส€ }
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
rory โ— 18 โ— hnitbjorg valkyrie โ— birthing [atreus] โ— location; idavoll > hnitbjorg
    tags; bjorn/herd, others mentioned
    the change of the air suggests impending rain, but the static that tingles along rhae's coat alerts to more than just a rainstorm. a thunderstorm was on the way, thor's ever changing temper. the old mare was use to storms, great and small, but this one felt different and it puts her on edge. muscles twitch all over her swollen frame even though there weren't any pesky bugs to illicit such a action, her nerves coupled with minor aches and pains were the cause. it was both a blessing and a curse that bjorn had succeeded in his duties the previous spring. pregnancy at her age was dangerous, but she wants nothing more than to be a mother once again and watch a little foal grow to be a strong survivor. she hasn't had the joy of giving life in nearly five years, each spring ended in either a failed covering or a miscarriage a few months later. the closest she's come to to having a live foal since her last is her current swollen belly, but even now she worries for it could be a stillborn.

the valkyrie's anxieties weren't at all eased when bjorn suddenly leaves the herd after speaking to gul. though rhae may be the eldest and most experienced mare in the herd, she is in no shape to lead a herd anywhere and simply gives advice to the younger mare from time to time while following her lead. rhaenys burrs softly to herself as she watches bjorn meet up with the other two kings who rule the nearby lands. what could they possibly be talking about? the storm? her eyes turn skyward that the thought and folds her ears back nervously, he couldn't be doing what she thinks he is. unfortunately, her thoughts were made true when her king returns to the herd and tells them of the temporary armistice during the storm. the words make rhae groan internally, the gods must surly be testing her will and patience. now she has more than just the storm and her impending foal to worry about. she prays to thor for both a merciful storm and a healthy foal, something she can only hope for in her advanced age.

trekking home to hnitbjorg was already tiring for rhae, but with the added anxiety and stress of having two rival stallions joining them, the mare was down right exhausted by the time they reach the meadow. the rain she had sensed before was now pouring down upon them from the dark clouds above, masking the scents of the forest. it was both good and bad considering predators can't track them down in such a downpour, but the same could be said for the predators since the rain can mask the cursed carnivores from the herds. rhaenys keeps close to bjorn's other mares, her little family, but also gets a deep gut feeling to remain apart from them as well as the others. something was wrong and she's unsure of what it could be. that is until the muscles around her distended belly ripple and contract on their own accord. the feeling makes rhaenys toss her head and side step as if trying to move away from the unpleasant feeling that now grips her abdomen.
    "oh, blessed eir, what is this..." she gasps softly to herself, praying to the goddess of healing out of habit. years of praying to the goddess for help with her ailing body was a hard habit to break. the mare lashes her wet tail at the uncomfortable pressure that was building along her sides and belly.

it has been so long since she's went into labor that she doesn't recognize the signs at first and grows scared, uncertain of what was happening. rhae had half a mind to call for gull or one of the other mares, but soon realizes what was happening. labor has started and her foal was to be born. joy floods her mind, nearly bringing her to tears, finally she will have a foal to nurture and love. her joy is quickly replaced by bone-chilling fear, though, as she comes to her senses and remembers the wicked storm that was brewing above them and the fact that it was too early for a birth. being that she was covered late in the spring all those seasons ago, her foal wouldn't be due for at least another few weeks, maybe even a month. it was frightening to think of what an early birth could mean for her foal as well as herself. rhaenys wickers to gull and winter before moving away from the herds, her movements stiff and painful as her belly swings with each heavy step. due to being already tired and in pain, the mare doesn't go far from the herds, just enough into the trees to get the feeling of seclusion. with a deep groan, she lays herself down and begins to pray to each and every god she knows while fighting to deliver her foal, begging for enough strength to survive such an event as well as a healthy foal.

xxxx
โšœ ยฐ ๏ผฅ๏ผฌ๏ผน๏ผณ๏ผฉ๏ผก ยฐ โšœ
{ แด…ษชา“า“ษชแด„แดœสŸแด› ส€แดแด€แด…๊œฑ แดา“แด›แด‡ษด สŸแด‡แด€แด… แด›แด ส™แด‡แด€แดœแด›ษชา“แดœสŸ แด…แด‡๊œฑแด›ษชษดแด€แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ }
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
ellie โ— 8 โ— alfheim valkyrie โ— heat 2 โ— location; idavoll > hnitbjorg
    tags; titan/herd, others mentioned
    the clashes of thunder were a dead give away to what was to come as were the high tensions of those around her. a terrible storm was brewing above them and it makes ellie shiver with nervous energy. the chocolate mare never did like thunderstorms, they were so loud and frightening. rain was okay in small showers, but the torrential downpour that starts up wasn't at all okay. scents were washed away and the sky was hidden by angry clouds, two things that makes the mare uneasy. elysia was always gazing up at the sky whenever there was a clear night or out over the ocean that lapped at the sands that rimmed her alfheim home. they weren't near the beaches anymore though, titan had brought them to idavoll for some better grazing. ellie wishes for the sounds of the waves as she moves closer to thera and not the harsh clash of thunder.

when a whinny is heard, elysia perks her ears in curiosity only to have them fold back down once she realizes who it came from. bjorn was one of the other kings who ruled the nearby canopies of hnitbjorg, phantom being the one who rules over the plateaus of jotunhiem. the amber stallion's call puts ellie on edge, especially since he's never done such a thing before. at least not when she was around to hear it. ears flick forward once more as titan responds to the call and leaves the herd to meet up with the other kings. anxiety eats at elysia's gut at the sight of her stallion leaving them, why must he leave them now with a storm approaching. elysia looks to thera for guidence and sees the other mare idly grooming her daughter while chatting about the stallions. the older mare looks to be much more at ease with the whole ordeal even though she too was curious and it helps calm ellie's stress. just at she calmed enough to start grazing again, titan reappears and briefly explains their new destination. hnitbjorg? the mare doesn't question her stallion's decision after the initial confusion that strikes her and quickly moves to follow after thera as the elder leads them off towards the forest. questioning one's leadership would only cause tension and that was something ellie very much wants to avoid.

xxxx
โšœ ยฐ ๏ผณ๏ผก๏ผญ๏ผญ๏ผก๏ผฅ๏ผฌ ยฐ โšœ
{ แดแด‡ษด แด…แดษด'แด› า“แด‡แด€ส€ ๊œฑแดกแดส€แด…๊œฑ, แด›สœแด‡ส า“แด‡แด€ส€ แดแดษด๊œฑแด›แด‡ส€๊œฑ }
sam โ— 10 โ— band earl โ— no mares โ— location; hnitbjorg [border > interior]
    tags; herds mentioned
    it has been so long since he's stepped foot on the grounds of valhalla, eight years to be exact. sammael takes in a deep breath as he gazes about the open space before him. idavoll. the lands on which he use to run and play with his siblings and other foals from neighboring herds. oh how he wishes for such good days again. for warm spring days and the symphony of new found voices squealing with delight. foals were precious to the dark stallion though he has none to call his own. at least not here in the place he once called home. in the years he's been gone, sammael has been successful in siring a couple foals, but was unable to bring them along on his journey back to valhalla. it was heartbreaking to leave his beloved offspring, but they wouldn't have survived for very long in these lands. especially with the kings that now reign. his colts would have been killed and his mares taken away by force, even his fillies would be ripped from him. it was just best to return alone and try to start fresh.

the sight of his half-brother was both pleasing and upsetting as he had missed his brother during his time away, but now he might have to fight him in order to secure a family of his own. sammael wasn't at all looking forward to such a fight, he cares too much for his kin to take away the family they have built over the years. besides, there was no reason for him to steal away titan's mares, his blood was shared in the offspring the king sires even if it was only a drop. it makes things a little difficult though, which mares are actually titan's offspring? the filly in the king's herd was obviously one of them, but is there more he is unaware of? it would do no good for the bloodline if he ends up with one of his own nieces. perhaps he can check out the fillies in the other kings' herds, those ready to leave and start new lives away from their fathers. it would be his best chance at starting a family even though he would prefer older and more mature mares to start with.

sammael keeps to the trees that border the hnitbjorg side of idavoll, using the shadows to hide his presence from the other kings. it would be best if they didn't know he was around considering his age and size, an automatic threat to their herds and title even though he has no inclination for such things. he only wants to have a family of his own, not some lordly title like king. sam grazes idly within the shadows of the forest, one eye constantly trained upon those nearby in the open area of idavoll. there weren't many lone valkyries milling about these days, only two or three from what he can see and each were grown mares that looked to be quite mature in age. claiming one of them would be too much of a hassle and would surly draw the attentions of the kings that were currently conversing in the middle of the grassland. now would be the perfect time to slip one of the little fillies away from the herds, but he was too far away to make it to the nearest herd in time to execute such a plan. he will have to wait.

after a few moments, the kings broke apart to return to their herds. sammael wonders what they could be talking about, possibly a trading of daughters? spring was near and it would make sense. his thoughts are interrupted by a clap of thunder and the rumbles of the clouds. a storm was coming and a big one at that. perhaps they were striking a truce during the storm. sam's eyes glance up to the darkened clouds and back to the herds which were now moving towards the trees around him. a truce it is then. it was curious to watch all three kings file into the forest of hnitbjorg with their herds, he's never witnessed a truce before as the previous kings were all too full of themselves to think of such a thing. after watching the figures disappear into the trees, sammael decides to follow after them. safety in numbers and all. rain falls in buckets now, but he's still able to detect traces of several mares entering their foal heat and is able to use it to keep tabs on the moving herds. the forests of hnitbjorg were like mazes to the unfamiliar and sammael nearly looses his way several times, but remains locked onto the herds. it was tempting to try and nab one of the mares in season, but such a maneuver would only end in his defeat and possible death considering the three kings looked to be in accord with each other and he has no knowledge of the surrounding forests. sammael comes to a rest once the herds do and remains a good ways away from them as to not alert to his presence.
Last edited by azhefa. on Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 am

Midnight's Mirage

When Astrid spoke of the winter and how more mares should be added in, Phantom couldn't help but remember her mother. Astrid was a striking image of her mother, and the mare was a sweet one that had just been an unfortunate victim to circumstances. Truly, if getting stronger personalities was a compromise that had to be reached to keep them all alive, then he would be selfish to doom his herd to more hardship.

At Astrid's promise, Phantom relaxed slightly, letting out a soft huff of amusement. "I know, feel free to take your time." Gently, the stallion nudged her back slightly playfully.

However, when he heard heavy footfalls, Phantom turned around, cautious, letting his body block the newcomer's path to his herd. Of course, it was Titan, as no earl would come forth so loudly and he was the only other here, but it was still a good precaution. As the other stallion stopped, Phantom bobbed his head politely at the other King, letting out a whicker of greeting in return. At the other King's words, however, Phantom felt his ears pinning almost reflexively. Haukr. The earl was a constant thorn in almost all the Kings' sides, being a persistent challenger.

Nodding in thanks for the warning, Phantom cocked his head curiously. Whilst in every other situation he would have tried to seek out the earl and flush him out, the storm was heavy, and Phantom had no wish to doom another horse to death in the storm just out of spite. Titan would know his son, would he not? "Do you think Haukr's aim is to seek shelter or to gain mares?"

As Titan added on, Phantom nodded quietly. "I was trying to get his mares to move closer as well, but they seemed a little wary. Still, with this new development, that seems better."

With that done, Phantom waited for the other stallion to take his leave. As he did so though, he couldn't help but notice Bjorn's oldest mare hobble off painfully, and he almost called to her, strangling the noise in his throat at the last moment. It was a birth, something stallions had no role in. Still, it was pretty terrible timing. Looking over in concern, he noted that he was able to see the bright's paint's outline in the forest. Shrugging, he turned back to his herd, nudging them closer to Bjorn's herd. He'd just keep an eye on her for now, but if Bjorn didn't return after a while, perhaps it would be wise to send one of the other mares after her.

Northern Quiver

As Titan nuzzled her gently and answered her, Thera continued looking outward, watching for any predators, but a ear was trained in Titan's direction, a sure sign that she was paying rapt attention. So Bjorn had offered sanctuary out of fear of the Gods. Interesting. Though she had known that the golden stallion was one that lived a life according to the whim of the Gods, she had also known that he was an almost incorrigible hermit. It was interesting to see that the Gods won when those two facts about the stallion were pushed against each other. She wasn't surprised that Titan or Phantom had agreed, though she did think it was smart of Titan to have bargained with the other stallion.

With his amendment, however, Thera nodded thoughtfully. That reasoning made sense. All the same, however, it was a fact that Haukr had left almost a year ago, and she would've argued that what the young earl did had no real consequence on the stallion. However, it was good to try and cover all the possibilities, so she didn't argue. She nodded quietly, watching as the large ebony stallion headed toward the other herds. "I will keep watch till you return."

As she did so, however, she leaned against Heidi, looking at the ebony mare who wore her father's colours prominently. "Do you have a particular fancy toward any of the stallions?" Though she did love her daughter and she enjoyed the easy companionship Heidi provided, one would have to be blind to not catch the young maiden's wandering attention. Thera wasn't too worried. THough Heidi was prideful and in some ways naive, she was cunning and strong. She would be able to survive even if many things were thrown at her.

At that thought...

Looking around, Thera spotted the brown shape of Ellie further behind, and let out a low whicker to the other mare, beckoning her closer. It would be best for them to stick closer together. As she did so, she reached out to nuzzle the younger mare, knowing the other mare's temperament. It would not be strange for Ellie to be feeling anxious, as she often did to any new developments. Though quite a matured mare in terms of age, Ellie often behaved like a spooked yearling, starting and stopping so much more than Heidi herself did. At first, she'd been quite irritated about it, and Ellie got quite a bit of silence from the older mare, but as the the years passed, Thera found her irritation settling to an almost resigned affection, sometimes even treating the other mare with the protection she would give the foals in the herd. "You alright?"
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post one ๏ผ๏ผ

Postby evixtus » Wed May 16, 2018 5:44 pm

โ™• O Y D I S โ™•
โ–™ โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ––โ–Ÿ
sydney โ— 16 โ— hnitbjorg valkyrie โ— stage 2 โ— location: hnitbjorg
tags: Haukr โ— mentions: Gull, Bjorn, Titan, Phantom

'Thor, what do you plan to throw at us this time?' Her pelt blended in with the mist, a looming figure at the back of the herd, watching over the younger valkyries leading the way. She was the tallest among the Hnitbjorg mares, though not the oldest. Overhearing that Bjorn had directed Gull to lead the entire group back to the meadow was almost insulting. She'd give him a piece of her mind later, that was a definite promise. Though she didn't see it as a direct bad thing, since Gull tended to lack with the leadership skills. Settling the contradictory thought to the back of her brain, Oydis threw a look backwards over her shoulder towards Titan and Phantom, wondering why the two stallions who often clashed were meeting in private.

Targeting her dull blue eyes on the Jotunheim king, she thought back to her younger days. Originally the mare had been born through the Hnitbjorg line, though had traveled off to Jotunheim as a young maiden, due to her strong-headed nature being too much for her father--she was much more brash than he had raised her to be. To her disappointment, the king before Phantom couldn't handle her attitude either, but she stayed with him anyways, all until the moment that Phantom took control. She despised his blindness to the Gods. So, on his first night as King, she traversed back to home--Hnitbjorg, and was welcomed from Bjorn.

Speaking of the colored stallion, hearing him dart off into the trees, brushing past her without even acknowledging her existence irritated her to no end. Deciding she'd let the anger boil until he returned, she slowed her pace to wait for the other kings who were speaking briefly, the rest of her herd disappearing into the underbrush before her. As she overheard their conversation about an earl--one of Titan's progeny, to be exact--was following them into her home, she moved away from the group, almost unnoticeable due to her dappled coat.

Making a detour as a curve angling to the left of the mixed herds, Sydney found herself standing near this young stallion within the shadows. He was blinding to look at through the darkened forest of Hnitbjorg. It seemed he had been trying to stay out of sight. 'Dumb earl.' Before he could continue his wavering trek through the undergrowth, the large mare stepped in front of him, blocking his sight of the rest of the group and preventing him from moving on. "You shouldn't be here, childish colt. I thought being one of Titan's sons would make you more intelligent."

โ™• I N K E R I โ™•
ink โ— 8 โ— alfheim valkyrie โ— stage 3 โ— location: hnitbjorg
tags: Thera โ— mentions: Heidi, Titan, Haukr

Following her king's orders was what she was programmed to do. If done otherwise, the god's would surely be after the young mare's pelt. Trailing behind Thera was her best option of staying near Titan and the rest of Alfheim, even if Heidi was beginning to get on Inkeri's nerves. To her pleasure, she watched the eldest mare of the herd send her young filly skidding away towards the large black king. Pelt twitching constantly due to the constant touch of the forest wasn't as pleasing. She was used to open plains, not condensed, rigid trees. She was beginning to feel somewhat claustrophobic. So, to distract her wavering thoughts, she aligned her shoulder's with those of Northern Quiver, hoping a small conversation would ease her discomfort. "I'm not surprised Haukr is here. He's always causing trouble for the herds, isn't he?"

โ™• S I G N E โ™•
sign โ— 11 โ— jotunheim valkyrie โ— gestating โ— location: hnitbjorg
tags: here โ— mentions: here

The flash of her eldest daughter's impeccable coat immediately caught the experienced mare's attention. How she longed to groom Inkeri's coat once more, teach her of the gods and raise her once again. There were so many things she would do differently now, if she got the chance. Signe's filly had been the first progeny born to Phantom within the Jotunheim land, even though he wasn't King at the time. She had been with the stallion the longest out of the rest of the valkyries in his herd, and knew him best. Even so, she felt indifferent to him at certain moments, waddling behind Astrid and Eliza. Her teats had swollen throughout the day, the colt inside her stirring constantly. He was eager to get out, run amok as the first foal of the year for the Jotunheim group. Stomach heavy, with each step her ears flicked back at the movement of her baby. He was certainly a feisty one, but as he matured he would turn out to be exactly like his father.

Ranging her strides farther, even though it took more effort and exhausted her further, Signe knew she had to push on. She hoped Eir was on her side this time, waiting until birthing after the storm. But alas, the goddess wasn't in her favor as the pinto mare felt her first contraction ripple through her spine as she stepped over a fallen log, almost high-centering herself as the shock caused her to stumble slightly.
evixtus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueChai » Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 am

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
โคโคโคโคโค ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“‚๐“‡๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐“Ž๐“‚๐“…๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“Ž โคโคโคโคโค
โ–ธForm โ–ธMare โ–ธFive years โ–ธJotunheim โ–ธLocation: Hnitbjorg โ–ธIn heat โ–ธTagged: Phantom, Titan, Haukr
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
Letting out a cross whicker, Primrose progressed through the dense foliage. Her lean muscles were tense with sheer anxiety. The mare hasn't been in these territories since the death of her dam, and being here was the last thing she wanted. Holding her head high, her audits swiveled occasionally to detect potential dangers. She stepped gingerly through the mud beneath her, in attempts to keep the mud off of her to the best of her ability. Although, it was proving ineffective. Her snowy pelage on her limbs were caked with mud, and her mane was plastered against her nape. The feeling of being so drenched and so filthy made her stomach burn with frustration, but she tried to compose herself. She doubted anyone really enjoyed this situation, but the safety of the forest was needed. On top of this, she felt her heat growing more relentless as time passed, filling her body with urgency and agitation. Primrose has yet to have a successful foal, her colt from last season died due to a leg injury. And the season before that, she was cursed with an unfortunate miscarriage. Her body seemed to know this too, for her heat seemed more persistent than past years. Primrose had a feeling deep inside her that this season was going to be a lucky one, and she was determined to have a successful rearing this time. The ivory mare's attention was caught as the robust, charcoal king passed by her. Turning her head, she noticed that Titan and Phantom were speaking. Flicking her ears towards them, she picked up on a name she was not fond of. Haukr. By the sound of it, the devious young earl was among the trees as well. A shudder ran through her pelt, she hated that stallion. He has attempted to take her for himself many times, telling her that she was like 'most elegant and pristine mare he had ever laid his eyes upon'. What a foolish earl he was. Primrose turned towards her king and trotted briskly towards him."I overheard Titan's word of Haukr being nearby. What is he planning on doing?" The mare asked Phantom as she came to a halt in front of the stallion.

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
โคโคโคโคโคโคโค ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜“๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜™๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ โคโคโคโคโคโคโค
โ–ธForm โ–ธFilly โ–ธThree months โ–ธLoner โ–ธLocation: Edge of Hnitbjorg โ–ธ--- โ–ธTagged: Mazikeen
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
Gaagi dashed to her dam's side in response to her nip, and pushed her muzzle into Mazikeen's pelage. "We are going into the trees? We've never been in there before. What other dangers are there? Will all stallions hurt me?" Gaagi's questions were slightly muffled as she nuzzled and lipped her dam's shoulder. As Mazikeen moved forward towards the line of trees, Gaagi stuck close to her just as she was ordered to. Gaagi was always obedient to her mother, she quickly learned that it was the safest option and it was in both of their best interest. As she flanked her mother, Gaagi couldn't help but feel intimidated by the looming canopy of Hnitbjorg before them. The filly pushed herself further into her dam's side, her imagination creating images of eccentric and devious creatures and stallions hiding behind the thick trunks, waiting to pounce on both of them. The filly imagined long, dark snakes curling around their hooves, robust cougars looming in the underbrush, and stallions throwing their hooves against them. The thought became too much, and Gaagi came to a dead halt out of fear.

โคโคโคโคโคโค ๐”ธ ๐”ฝ๐•’๐•๐•”๐• ๐•Ÿ'๐•ค ๐”ฝ๐•–๐•’๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ โคโคโคโคโคโค
โ–ธForm โ–ธStallion โ–ธ3.5 years โ–ธBand Earl โ–ธLocation: Hnitbjorg โ–ธTagged: Oydis
As the palomino earl wove through the trunks in silence, his mind began to wander. He wondered when the herds would stop walking deeper into the trees, and if any horses were aware of his presence. His wide hooves pushed into the mud subtly as his weight shifted from one to another. His eyelids fluttered frequently, a subconscious attempt to keep rain water out of his eyes. The alluring scent of a mare's heat wafted over him, making his ears prick. It was Primrose. Oh, how he adored that spectacle of a mare. Haukr had attempted to take her in the past, but she was a feisty one. The temptation to search for her was great, but he knew this wasn't the time. He was unfamiliar with the wooded territory, and there were too many horses in one concentrated area. Chasing mares now is surely a death wish, especially with all three kings present. He ducked his head abruptly, narrowly avoiding a low hanging branch. As he rose back up, however, he met something he didn't expect to see. A large, dappled mare was blocking his path. He recognized her, the valkyrie's name was Oydis. She was one of the oldest mares in the Hnitbjorg herd. He had one previous encounter with her before, an unpleasant one at that. Haukr wasn't fond of her attitude, and found her too overwhelming for his taste. Standing his ground, Haukr held his gaze level to her's. His ears lift at the mare's words, and a snort escaped his nostrils. Nasty attitude as usual, he thought. "Hello, Oydis. I mean no harm to you or any of the herds. I'm here to take shelter from the storm, just like the rest of you. I wouldn't say that seeking shelter for my safety is unintelligent of me. Now, I will be on my way. Lovely talk." Haukr dismissed the mare with a flick of his tail and began to move around her.
BlueChai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me