shoreclan - new and accepting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Postby serpentine. » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:37 am

many moons prior
    "troutstar." with a mighty snarl sliding from between his bared teeth the massive black-and
    white tom plunged his fangs into his attacker's neck before stepping back from his opponent.
    he swung his head to see whom had addressed him. it was rowanheart, his deputy. the tom's
    fiery red coat was patchy and his flanks were heaving, blood dripping into his eyes from a w
    ound upon his head. "we have to leave. we are loosing this battle."

pausing for a moment troutstar's green eyes swept through the clearing. the fighting was slo
    wing, those who remained fleeing as they feared for their lives. the bodies of his clanmates
    littering the ground made a wave of pain crash over him. after a moment he nodded, backing
    away from the body of the rogue, bone was his name, that he had killed.

"rowanheart!" troutstar howled, but it was too late. hissing, a rogue kept onto shoreclan's
    deputy's unprotected back to deliver the killing bite to rowanheart's neck. the deputy's legs
    buckled, sending him to the ground, and troutstar slowly backed away, staring at his partne
    r's body as his killer, snarling, advanced toward him. rowanheart had been his best friend.

"how dare you, you mangy flea-pelt!" troutstar roared, overcome by fury and grief over
    his slain deputy, who had been his best friend since he was a kit. his claws flashed in the
    moonlight as, snarling, he launched himself at rowanheart's killer. he didn't get that far,
    however, as a heavy weight landed in his spine, sending him crashing to the ground.

this is where I will die, he realized as his vision dimmed. someone, save shoreclan.

now
    guided by the old cats of the forest, a loner by the name of rem had journeyed long and
    far from his home to where the cats of shoreclan once lived and thrived. as it turns out,
    the old cats of the forest had not been lying to him. rogues had overrun the old clan's la
    nd, coming and going as they pleaded and doing whatever they wanted. taking shorecla
    n's customs they called themselves aspholdelclan, yet rem has made a clan of his own to
    stand up against them - shoreclan, in hopes of rebuilding the lost clan.

serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serpentine. » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:55 pm

01. please, do not join the roleplay and then never post. it holds up the plot from moving
    forward and it prevents other members from getting the ranks they want. that being said,
    you will have four days to get a post up before I will send you a message giving you a warn
    ing. If you don't post after that, or post once and then leave again, you will be kicked out.
    02. if you will be gone for more than four days, tell us before you leave so we know that y
    ou will return to the roleplay eventually, so we don't remove you due to inactivity. thanks.
    03. please respect my rules, and chicken smoothie's. keep blood and gore to a minimum d
    ue to younger players, fade to black when appropriate, and post all ooc on the discussion.
    this includes forms and questions. signatures must always be turned off on both threads !!
    04. due to a limited amount of spots, one high rank per person. reservations last 24 hrs !!
    05. this is a literate roleplay, at least one paragraph per post, good spelling & grammar !!
serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serpentine. » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:15 pm

leader 1 / 1
      marshmello. | coalstar | ♂ | 21 moons |
      small, fluffy smokey grey tom with tabby markings

deputy 1 / 1
      teara | swallowflight | ♂ | 43 moons |
      lithe tabby tom with startling grey eyes

medicine cat 1 / 1
      destinytwilight | larkspurflight | ♂ | 63 moons |
      grey and white striped tom

medicine cat apprentice 1 / 1
      lovely, | flamepaw | ♂ | 10 moons |
      pale ginger tom, white chest and paws

warriors 3 / 9
      razzberry | crowdust | ♂ | 27 moons | grey tom
      lumos | sandclaw | ♀ | 19 moons | ginger she-cat
      broken* | nightwind | ♂ | 50 moons | tall b&w tom
      username | name | ♀ / ♂ | age | short description

apprentices 1 / 4
      totter | bitternpaw | ♂ | 12 moons | brown tom

queens 0 / 2
      xxxxxx↳ kit names here
      xxxxxx↳ kit names here

elders 0 / 2
        herb storage
        borage leaves | produces more milk for nursing
        queens, brings down fever | x0
        catmint | used to cure greencough and
        whitecough | x0
        chamomile | soothes and strengthens hearts and
        minds, also used to give strength to traveling cats
        | x0
        chervil | for infected wounds and bellyache, and
        used to help queens when kitting | x0
        cobwebs | staunches the flow of blood from
        wounds, used to bind injured limbs | x0

fresh-kill pile:
        rabbit | x0 | 0 servings
        sparrow | x0 | 0 servings
        eagle| x0 | 0 servings
        mouse| x0 | 0 servings
        vole | x0 | 0 servings
        finch| x0 | 0 servings

mentors:
        sandclaw | bitternpaw | no. of training sessions
        | moves
        mentor | apprentice | no. of training sessions
        | moves
        | moves

deceased cats:
        cat name |cause of death

family:
        name and name | kits
        name and name | kits
Last edited by serpentine. on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serpentine. » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 pm

leader 1 / 1
      marshmello. | cloudstar | ♂ | 19 moons |
      large brown tabby tom with amber eyes

deputy 1 / 1
      razzberry | sorrelshade | ♀ ♂ | 32 moons | ginger
      tabby she-cat with yellows eyes

medicine cat 0 / 1

medicine cat apprentice 1 / 1
      crash the mode | name | ♀ / ♂ | age |
      short description

warriors 1 / 9
      teara | name | ♀ / ♂ | age | short descriptionsion

apprentices 1 / 4
      razzberry | fernpaw | ♀ | 11 moons | black, ginger
      and white she-cat

queens 0 / 2
      xxxxxx↳ kit names here
      xxxxxx↳ kit names here

elders 0 / 2
        herb storage
        borage leaves | produces more milk for nursing
        queens, brings down fever | x0
        catmint | used to cure greencough and
        whitecough | x0
        chamomile | soothes and strengthens hearts and
        minds, also used to give strength to traveling cats
        | x0
        chervil | for infected wounds and bellyache, and
        used to help queens when kitting | x0
        cobwebs | staunches the flow of blood from
        wounds, used to bind injured limbs | x0

fresh-kill pile:
        rabbit | x0 | 0 servings
        sparrow | x0 | 0 servings
        eagle| x0 | 0 servings
        mouse| x0 | 0 servings
        vole | x0 | 0 servings
        finch| x0 | 0 servings

mentors:
        | moves
        | moves
        | moves

deceased cats:
        cat name |cause of death

family:
        name and name | kits
        name and name | kits
Last edited by serpentine. on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serpentine. » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:32 pm

asphodelclan territory
    asphodelclan took over shoreclan's former territory in the forest. their camp is made in a hol
    low and is surrounded by boulders and towering oak trees. the nursery and elder's den, like t
    he warriors' and apprentices' dens, are made or of woven twigs and brambles but the floor is
    cushioned with soft moss. the medicine cat's den is made out of the same material with a sm
    all pool used for medical purposes only, with litchen hanging over the entrance. a small pile
    of boulders, quite like shoreclan's, is used so the leader can address their clan from above.

shoreclan territory
    the new territory is quite large and it suits all of the clan's needs. the clan made their camp
    beside one of the smaller freshwater pools with their dens located in the cave behind the w
    aterfalls that cascade into the pool. tunnels lead to the medicine cat, leader, warrior, elder,
    and apprentice's dens, along with the nursery, branching off from the main cavern. branchin
    g from one of the cavern's walls is a pile of big rocks, called the highrock, where shoreclan's
    leader can stand upon, the deputy and the clan below them on the sandy floor, for ceremon
    ies, announcements, organizing border and hunting patrols, and clan meetings.

traditions: asphodelclan
    mentors & training. apprentices can learn a total of four moves: climbing, hunting, battle &
    tracking. they become warriors at the age of 12 moons if they pass their assessment of bring
    ing the hide of a predator they have killed back to camp. they become apprentices at 6 mns.
    currently, they follow no specific religion but they will, occasionally, travel to the moonpool.

traditions: shoreclan
    mentors & training. apprentices can learn a total of four moves: swimming, hunting, battle &
    fishing. like asphodelclan they become warriors at the age of 12 moons if they pass their asse
    ssmemt of catching ten pieces of prey. they become apprentices at the age of six moons, and
    they follow the old gods of the forest (starclan) and will travel to the moonpool frequently.
serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serpentine. » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:26 am

serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cloudstar — 001

Postby serpentine. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:13 pm

LOUDSTAR !
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ gender : tom ] [ age : twenty one moons ] [ location : shoreclan camp ] [ tags : open ]
        xxxxthe legacy of shoreclan’s leader troutstar and their deputy had ended with their deaths. a new legacy was rising and with it a new shoreclan was slowly but surely being formed, rising up against the cats who called themselves asphodelclan. their leader was known for his viciousness and cruelty and he, too, had gained the nine lives of a leader, although not by the old gods of the forest.

xxxxcoalstar was his name and he was formerly known of asphodel. it was because of him asphodelclan had been formed, driving out the cats of shoreclan with the deaths of troutstar and rowanheart, their commanding leader and deputy. the old gods of the forest had led rem to here, and with his nine lives came his leadership and he name of cloudstar. he had vowed on that day to protect his clan.

xxxxdeep, warm amber eyes opened to be met with the high, smooth stone ceiling of his den, and underneath his long, muscular body was the soft cushioning of the moss that made his nest where he slept. he lay there for a moment, his long tail flicking thoughtfully over the hard-packed sandy floor. he was a large, long-legged brown tabby tom with well-spring ribs, a wide chest, unusually long claws like thorn tips and muscles which rippled over his thick, long coat. he held the images of long-ago battles in his battle-scarred ears and the scars slashing over his long, regal muzzle. with a deep breath, he rose gracefully to his wide paws before padding down the tunnel that led to the main area, along the way passing the dens that held his sleeping clanmates.

xxxxgiving a long, satisfying stretch and a quiet yawn from his maw, he kept lightly onto the pile of rocks known as the highrock to wait patiently for his clanmates so their daily activities — training, patrols and such — could begin along with the apprentice ceremonies where their apprentices would be given to a a warrior for training.

OALSTAR !
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ gender : tom ] [ age : twenty one moons ] [ location : asphodelclan camp ] [ tags : open ]
serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

We all still die..!

Postby ataraxic_gone » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 am

arkspurlight
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[🇴🇫 ASPHODELCLAN]
      Paws sifted over soft and light grass. It bounced under paw as Arkem flowed through the territory of AsphodelClan. But he wasn't Arkem- he hadn't been for a while. His whiskers twitched as he stared upon the grey sky, watching as it's light began to flow through the sky and slowly dissolve the sketched out constellations that had adorned the void that watched over his clan's peaceful slumber. It was curious, 'StarClan', these creatures of the night. They were supernatural in origin and were truly a force to be reckoned with or at least that was how ShoreClan framed them. He was curious but in his understanding, they were nothing more than the Elder Stars, the Ancient Ones or Star Runners. They were all made of dead cats who's souls had settled in groups; although he had only ever seen the Star Runners and in some forms doubted the others were real. The Star Runner's had been the ones who haunted him during his failing sanity, watching him during the night with judgemental eyes. However, maybe, they had only ever been in his mind, of his own creation. The thought didn't bother him as much as it had years ago. LittleFlower guarded his sleep now and she would keep him safe, wherever her spirit dwells.

The ancient ones were a group of stary pelted cats that he hadn't heard of in eons. His pelt crept at the thought of those creatures and the stories he had heard. When he was young, learning about medicine he had attempted to cure a broken infected paw of a cat who had fallen into a lake only to be rescued by a ghostly cat which left them shaken. Arrow, the cat had said his name was, had put his claws into Arkem's pelt and begged for his life, afraid that if he died now the cat would find him and drag him into the abyss. It was the beginning of his fall to insanity. Arrow had fought so hard to stay alive but in the end, the infection was too much and in desperation, to quiet Arrow's screaming he slipped him some poisonous berries into his herbs and prayed. He heard about their name, later on, souls older than the biggest trees who had died lost and anguished with no way to move on.

The elder stars, another group of dead cats that was only heard of in a small two-leg town where a local cat population had congregated together over the death of the older cats who had nurtured them in life. Unlike the Star Runners and Ancient Ones, he doubted the Elder Stars were real. Kitty-pets were hardly real cats, they all lost something when they were taken away to a strange place by their two-legs. He had rarely met a kitty-pet with real vigour and life in their eyes and even then it was nothing compared to the wild cats. So could a cat that was hardly a cat have the spirit to live beyond their own death? He would hope to find out at some point before he moved on himself.

StarClan. It all came back around to ShoreClan's dead ancestors. He couldn't deny he was curious about the moonpool and visited it as often as he could without risking his reputation. He didn't need a pool of water to reach LittleFlower, if he needed her, she would come. It wasn't his job to fret about the dead's will they had their reasons and his only concern was doing his best to never add to their numbers. But ShoreClan took it so much more personal than just a guiding light. It was their lifeblood, they lived and breathed the scent of their dead clan-mates. Larkspur found it hard to believe that constantly looking backwards didn't somehow impact on their ability to care for the living.

Blue eyes squinted as the sunlight began peeking through the treetops and burning his sensitive iris's. He pulled his head down running a paw over his face as his mind became a faint white, a static noise filling his ears as his own voice filled his head. "Dawn breaks," he said with a soft raspy voice. It was a high sense of irony that he, critical of starry-eyed cats wasting their time on the dead when he watched them waste their time with intensity. Ah, the beauty of life. The density of the forest gave way to small niche pathways in the undergrowth. The scent in the walls of bramble thickets carried the pelts of hundreds of cats which had come before AsphodelClan. But they had fallen to the lightest faintest scent underneath the clan who had won the war. And what a family AsphodelClan had become, he would have never thought he would be comfortable sleeping with so many other cats. He had gone from the life of lone outcast to trusted healer- a life he had always yearned for. There was no way he could consider his clan the evil in this battle, they had earned the right to this land.

His paws tracked over the earth, throwing him through the territory they claimed travelling towards the camp with a feverish speed. His paws pushed himself into the air as he threw himself over the top of a fallen oak and further towards camp. It wasn't long until he was pushing into the camp and headed towards his den, the medicine den, where no doubt a young apprentice waited for him. [got bored of waiting c:]
    [sire • 63 moons • medicine cat • asph camp;flamepaw,open • 918 • form]

Last bumped by serpentine. on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 am.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me