Mesozoic Era (Dinosaur Roleplay) Recruitment Forum

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Mesozoic Era (Dinosaur Roleplay) Recruitment Forum

Postby MythicalPythium » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 am

No idea how well this'll go but wHATEVER LETS DO THIS

Basic Information

1. All rules of ChickenSmoothie still apply to this roleplay. Anyone seen breaking the rules will be dealt with immediatly.
2. Failure to properly follow the Roleplay's rules will result in being kicked from the roleplay if you do not immediatly stop the rule breakage.
3. Do not meta-game (Magically having your character know things they did not hear or witness themselves just because you yourself read/heard the information).
4. Do not God-mod (duh)
5. Do not auto-hit, meaning your attacks land without giving the other player a chance to dodge. Also, do not auto-dodge. Animals in real life get hit with attacks from predators and they can't magically dodge anytime they want.
6. Do not power-play, or control another player's character without their permission.
7. Enjoy and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

PLOT

Within the area of what will eventually be the state of Utah, dinosaurs roam and live out their lives. Within this area, two packs of Utahraptors are inhabiting an area called The Vast Lands. This area holds many lakes, forests, and plains. However, the two packs have chosen to live near a much more specific area called The Expanse. The Shadow Stalker pack has taken to living in the forested area of The Expanse, while The Dweller Pack has taken to the plains as their territory. The two packs live a decent way away from each other, but every now and then they come across each other. This is a story of the two packs and how they deal with life throws at them.

Roleplay Rules

1. The packs runs on a hierarchy extremely similar to that of wolf packs. Further information will be given within the "Roles" section below.

2. Utahraptors fight for both alpha male and alpha female roles. However, females tend to do so less, males are much more aggressive and desire to be alpha more than their female counterparts. Both genders can only challenge for the alpha role once PER REAL LIFE DAY. Fights are almost NEVER to the death, and if the challenger/defender wishes to kill their oppenent they MUST ask the other first. Should a challenger lose, they can only challenge once more before being kicked from the pack. Should the alpha lose, they are immediatly made into a normal pack member or they can leave if they so choose.

3. Always listen to the alphas. Failure to do so might result in a nip or even a more serious injury. They aren't messing around, alphas have a pack to feed and protect and insubordination is NOT tolerated as it causes unnecessary problems. If the alphas have had enough they are more than welcome to kick those who refuse to listen out of the pack.

4. Those not the alpha pair MAY have offspring, but the offspring have an extremely low chance of survival. If the alpha or beta pair find the eggs/hatchlings they WILL kill them.

5. The starting number for each pack is 10, but should this become popular I will continue assigning people to the packs they wish to join.

6. Do no ask to make your own pack. More than 2 will just get confusing.

7. Should your character die you CAN make another one and not have to re-apply! Just give me the character details in the FORM of an application so I can check it over.

8. This is a REALISTIC ROLEPLAY- your characters are to NOT speak with actual words! Use body language and calls to communicate.

Pack Roles

Just a few notes about the roles within the pack ^-^

Alphas: Leaders of the pack, one male and one female. They control basically everything that happens within the pack. They are the ONLY pair allowed to have offspring. They demand respect and to be listened to. They have their own seperate den. Can be challenged for their spot as alpha. Eat first.

Betas: Second in-charge, one male and one female. Monitor the pack to make sure everyone remembers their places. Are often the leaders for pack hunts. Eat after the alphas. Only ones besides the alphas to be allowed to pair up.

Normies: Mass of the pack. Consists of multiple males and females. Provide power when fighting/hunting. Allowed to sit near each other but not protect one another from the betas or alphas should another pack member get in trouble and be punished. Eat after the betas.

Scouts: Have the same amount of power as normies but are simply the fastest and most agile in the pack. They go out into the territory to search for intruders, predators, and prey. Generally more respected but still fall under the rule of the betas and alphas.

Omegas: Generally newer members of the pack or those who have de-ranked and made into omega as punishment. They eat last. However, if there are multiple omegas, the alphas will pick their favorite one to help raise the babies. Favorite omegas are the ONLY other raptors allowed to eat with the alphas as they need to be healthy to protect the babies. Other omegas are usually picked on by bored members of the pack. In order to be a normie, they must prove themselves. How they prove themselves is completely up to the alphas, but it is most often one of these: Showing good hunting/problem solving skills, protecting the pack well, and warning the pack off danger. They may need to do these multiple times however.

Hatchlings: Weakest members of the pack. Should they be the alpha's offspring, they are the first to eat. When old enough, they tend to jump onto pack members to practice hunting. Generally listen to their parents, the omega sent to look after them? Not so much. If their parents aren't watching over them they like to run off. Those that aren't the alpha's offspring have more trouble surviving and are much more calm than those raised by the alphas. They are taught to not run off and are much more inclinced to listen to those higher in rank than them. Tend to be more thin as their parents have to sneak food to them.

PACKS+THEIR MEMBERS

Shadow Stalkers

Alpha Male:
Alpha Female

Beta Male:
Beta Female:

Normies:

Scouts:

Omegas:

Territory: Eastern forest of The Expanse
The Dwellers

Alpha Male:
Alpha Female:

Beta Male: Canyon (my own character)
Beta Female:

Normies:

Scouts:

Omegas:

Territory: Western plains of The Expanse.

~\/~APPLICATION~\/~

YOU NEED TO FILL THIS OUT IN ORDER TO JOIN THE ROLEPLAY!

Character Name: (please, don't give them human names. For example, I've named my own character Canyon as he has the colors of one)
Character Gender:
Character Age: (Hatchling, juvenille, young-adult, adult, elder)
Desired Role: (first come first serve!)
Character Apperance: (Please color in a free to use lineart! I suggest this one-> https://freakzter-freebies.deviantart.c ... -353649998 . If you do not have a coloring program or don't think you can color it well, don't be afraid to ask me! Simply describe your character in DETAIL please! Don't just give me colors, give me markings, scars, etc as well! I will not draw un-realistically described characters -those with unnatural colors/markings- and if you are doing the designing yourself make sure it looks realistic!)

Thank you for reading through all of this and I hope to see you all on the roleplay thread < 3
MythicalPythium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me